Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Bullmoose's website started selling leftover RSD stuff at noon today. Placed an order for the CHVRCHES - Recover EP, but it took about an hour to get it to go through due to the site getting overwhelmed, and I never received an order confirmation email despite it showing up in my order history. Going to guess they ran out before I placed the order. Any other recommended sites that would be good to check for leftover stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I placed two different orders on Bull Moose and haven't received a confirmation from either yet.

Maybe they're manually reviewing the orders before confirming.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff
Oh man thanks for the heads up about Bull Moose! Ordered a copy of Fathering and I can now safely call this a successful Record Store Day, albeit somewhat more difficult than in years past.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
picked up some dope dad rock

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chill Callahan posted:

picked up some dope rock from my dad

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Chill Callahan posted:

I just recently got turned on to R. Stevie Moore and I don't know how I hadn't heard of him before. I'd love to come across some of his vinyl.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

Way to make me feel old. My dad's record collection stopped at 1973 I think.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did a post RSD visit to one of the local shops and picked up Sun Records Vol. 1 and the Tears for Fears 10". The clerk said one of their RSD shipments actually got delayed and they expect to have it in on Wednesday. There's hope yet for my Ghostbusters 10-inch!

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

nvm

Hummingbirds fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 22, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

Don't leave out the stuff in the corner! I spy Chicago, Journey, and Billy Joel - Songs in the attic(?)

nadabolt
May 17, 2009
some more cool guy rock for yall. no dads allowed

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I need some project pat in my collection

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wa27 posted:

Don't leave out the stuff in the corner! I spy Chicago, Journey, and Billy Joel - Songs in the attic(?)

There's more but I didn't want to take over my dad's whole kitchen table to take pictures, just half of his kitchen table.

There's Songs in the Attic, Piano Man, Escape, Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band Live: 1975-1985, Building the Perfect Beast, and other cornerstones of the 80's along with Chicago's Live at Carnegie Hall and various other nuggets (including a Clarence Clemons/Jackson Browne 45)

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
You're a Friend of Mine. So 80s it hurts.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Chill Callahan posted:

I need some project pat in my collection

Real talk

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I found the "Chicken Head" single at a flea market. I play that poo poo all the time, it's a banger.

It's all about "North North" though.

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.
Went back to my nearest shop and they still had some stuff. I saw 3 copies of the Last House on the Left soundtrack picture disc as well as the Clint Mansell - In the Wall soundtrack that Death Waltz put out. Happy to pick one or both up for someone if you like. Gonna try a couple more shops tomorrow, but I also saw a lot of the Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, the new Pixies LP, and other stuff.

Also saw some copies of the West of Memphis soundtrack, Cults - Upstairs at United, a couple of the Placebo releases, two TAANG! box sets, the Non-Violent Femmes LP, and a Link Wray - Slinky 7" for those interested.

DammitJanet fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 22, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ron Burgundy posted:

You're a Friend of Mine. So 80s it hurts.

Do you want me to take some glam shots of this copy of Sports

Also he owns like every Night Ranger and Survivor album, it's ridiculous

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Cheesus posted:

I placed two different orders on Bull Moose and haven't received a confirmation from either yet.
I received my email confirmations last night.

I had written off the Indie Cindy LP on Saturday since I have the EPs. Then a few minutes after returning home I learned about the 7" with the bonus song. Thanks to Bull Moose my OCD is satiated.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dad records own. I got a bunch of Journey, Chicago, Michael Jackson, Styx, Supertramp and Stevie Wonder from my dad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My parents' record collection seemed to consist mainly of a few Beatles records and Max Boyce. People outside of Wales won't know Max, and probably prefer to keep it that way. Luckily I liked records in the 80s, so I inherited my own collection of things like Eurythmics and Ray Parker Jr too!

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
I'd love to have this, but it is pretty unaffordable outside of the UK. The shipping is nuts and the conversion rate is killing me. I really wish I could convince myself to buy it.

http://gruffrhys.sandbaghq.com/home/american-interior-deluxe-box-set-pre-order.html

quote:

Limited to just 500, the American Interior Deluxe Box Set, available only through pre-order, is a treasure trove of exclusive Gruff Rhys music and visuals. Featuring brand new Pete Fowler artwork and songs unavailable anywhere else.

Pre-orders in the UK are guaranteed to receive their item on/before the 5th May release date.

- 12" GATEFOLD LP , HEAVY VINYL, WITH 'AMERICAN INTERIOR' MAP INSERT.
- CD OF 'AMERICAN INTERIOR' ALBUM
- 3 X 12" VINYL EP. FEATURING 8 BRAND NEW GRUFF RHYS SONGS, EXCLUSIVE TO THE BOX SET (INCLUDES MP3 DOWNLOAD).
- FIRST EP INCLUDES THE SONG AMERICAN INTERIOR AND 3 FURTHER EXCLUSIVES: SUGAR INSIDES, Y GWENAN GORN AND CYLCHDRO AMSER.
- EP2 AND EP3 WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU AHEAD OF THEIR RELEASE.
- EXCLUSIVE ART PRINT BY PETE FOWLER. A FANTASTIC PORTRAIT OF GRUFF AND JOHN EVANS, SIGNED BY GRUFF RHYS HIMSELF!
- GRUFF RHYS T-SHIRT (IN THE SIZE OF YOUR CHOICE)
- ALL PRESENTED IN A GLORIOUS BLACK BOX
- INSTANT MP3 DOWNLOAD OF THE 'AMERICAN INTERIOR' SINGLE
- LIMITED TO JUST 500 BOXES!

Postage costs include initial shipment of box, t-shirt, 'American Interior' album, EP number 1 and Pete Fowler art print, then two additional mail outs of EP2 and EP3 upon their release.

Also, this is what I bought on RSD:

turnip kid fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 22, 2014

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Danger's new EP is available for pre-order, now. Amazon.fr or itunes. I just navigated the .fr site and ordered from the states. After the shipping and conversion, it came out to $24, so a bit pricey, but I'm a dumb collector. No idea the edition, but past EPs have been 500 copies. There's my RSD purchase...

http://1789records.com/artists/danger/danger-july-2013-ep-available-now/

Price raised from 8.50 to 9.90 Euro so price estimate no longer accurate.

Fors Yard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 23, 2014

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Fors Yard posted:

Danger's new EP is available for pre-order, now. Amazon.fr or itunes. I just navigated the .fr site and ordered from the states. After the shipping and conversion, it came out to $24, so a bit pricey, but I'm a dumb collector. No idea the edition, but past EPs have been 500 copies. There's my RSD purchase...

http://1789records.com/artists/danger/danger-july-2013-ep-available-now/

Thanks for the heads up. I missed his previous ones.

For those not aware of Danger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAP6F_nFzZ0

midge fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 22, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
move over justice. danger.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

iluvpr0n posted:

I have no idea what half that stuff is, but it sure is pretty. Austin Psych Fest is about 90% of the reason I'd ever want to visit Texas.

For your googling pleasure -

7"s:
Mogwai - Rano Pano/Hasenheide
RSD Mystery Split (Love/Rush)
Golden Void - Rise to the Out of Reach/Smiling Raven
VA/Mars Soundtrack - Satellite of Love (f. Neko Case & Jason Lytle)/Lucky Star Love (f. Victoria Williams)/Untethered Space Walk
Black Mountain - Rollercoaster/In the Drones
Ttotals - Spectrums of Light (Sometimes You Just Are/Tricks of the Trade)

12"s:
Monolord - Empress Rising (double, purple)
Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials
The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

good job buddy now lets go have a drink
Very small amount of the RSD Dads - Women EP left here if you missed it: http://dads.storenvy.com/collections/156774-all-products/products/6811123-woman-ep

Edit: Sold out now!

Shabar Shabaz fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 22, 2014

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I did some record shopping today, the first in months, and I came away extremely pleased! I picked up three things I'm absolutely digging. I got:

Slint - SLINT*
The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
and Women - Public Strain

Side Squid of the Slint EP is the most brutal I have ever heard them. I was so excited to put it on and kind of expect more Tweez but to hear how noisy and intense that song was. drat!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Allen Wren posted:

Black Mountain - Rollercoaster/In the Drones

All the Black Mountain stuff on vinyl is so excellent. I hope they have new material soon.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
I dunno if there's any new Black Mountain coming down the pike but there is a new Pink Mountaintops record on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hJLhZQiVM

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Declan MacManus posted:

There's more but I didn't want to take over my dad's whole kitchen table to take pictures, just half of his kitchen table.

There's Songs in the Attic, Piano Man, Escape, Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band Live: 1975-1985, Building the Perfect Beast, and other cornerstones of the 80's along with Chicago's Live at Carnegie Hall and various other nuggets (including a Clarence Clemons/Jackson Browne 45)

I am a dad rocker :(

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
A million billion thank-yous to whoever posted that link to Bull Moose upthread; I would never have gotten the William Onyeabor thing for a reasonable price otherwise (along with the Randy Newman debut reissue, which I somehow never saw in the list before). Now I just need to wait for the wide release of the LCD box set next month and I'll have managed to pick up every RSD 2014 release I wanted without having to actually go to a record store (record stores are great; it's the RSD crowds I'd prefer to avoid).

Also anyone with $50 to spare needs to jump on this unbelievable offer from Acephale IMMEDIATELY. This is a stupidly great deal; the Air France EP alone sells for twice that, but more importantly you'll be getting an awful lot of amazing music. My favorite in the bunch is the Midnight Juggernauts LP, a truly awesome album the whole world decided to completely ignore for unknowable reasons; here's a Spotify stream so that you can check it out. Highly recommended if you like the Flaming Lips, Olivia Tremor Control, Mercury Rev, that kind of thing. (Their follow-up album last year was almost as good, although it came out on a different label.) There are only 15 of these bundles available; I have no idea how there are any left. And while you're there, do yourself a favor and preorder the Doss EP too.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Also, does anyone have any protips for selling records on Discogs, like where to buy those cardboard mailers? My Expedit's getting pretty crowded, but I'd hate to lug like 200 records down to the record store and have them offer me like twenty bucks for the lot.

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!

trdn89 posted:

A million billion thank-yous to whoever posted that link to Bull Moose upthread; I would never have gotten the William Onyeabor thing for a reasonable price otherwise (along with the Randy Newman debut reissue, which I somehow never saw in the list before). Now I just need to wait for the wide release of the LCD box set next month and I'll have managed to pick up every RSD 2014 release I wanted without having to actually go to a record store (record stores are great; it's the RSD crowds I'd prefer to avoid).

Also anyone with $50 to spare needs to jump on this unbelievable offer from Acephale IMMEDIATELY. This is a stupidly great deal; the Air France EP alone sells for twice that, but more importantly you'll be getting an awful lot of amazing music. My favorite in the bunch is the Midnight Juggernauts LP, a truly awesome album the whole world decided to completely ignore for unknowable reasons; here's a Spotify stream so that you can check it out. Highly recommended if you like the Flaming Lips, Olivia Tremor Control, Mercury Rev, that kind of thing. (Their follow-up album last year was almost as good, although it came out on a different label.) There are only 15 of these bundles available; I have no idea how there are any left. And while you're there, do yourself a favor and preorder the Doss EP too.

wow, that acephale combo pack is literally unbelievable. Incredible value for sure, picked it up with the swiftness. thanks so much.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

trdn89 posted:

Also, does anyone have any protips for selling records on Discogs, like where to buy those cardboard mailers? My Expedit's getting pretty crowded, but I'd hate to lug like 200 records down to the record store and have them offer me like twenty bucks for the lot.

Uline comes to mind, although I'm pretty sure you have to buy the mailers in quantities of at least 50 or 100. I'm pretty sure a lot of companies that sell these things might have a similar policy. I just tend to save some mailers from when I buy stuff, that way I have them if I mail anything out.

Bags unlimited appears to have a better selection of mailers than you can buy in smaller quantities.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 23, 2014

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Chim posted:

wow, that acephale combo pack is literally unbelievable. Incredible value for sure, picked it up with the swiftness. thanks so much.

Acephale is on my shortlist of best labels on the planet (alongside DFA, Captured Tracks, Light in the Attic, Italians Do It Better, Erased Tapes, RVNG, Paper Bag, Luaka Bop, Spectrum Spools, and Numero). Their track record is night-unto impeccable; I buy pretty much everything they release sight unseen, and I can't remember them ever letting me down even though the stuff they put out is all over the map stylistically. My favorite record they've put out is that Midnight Juggernauts LP, but I love the albums by Elite Gymnastics, How To Dress Well, Pure X (both of them), Korallreven, Estasy, Air France, and Memory Tapes a considerable amount too. And I'm so stoked for the Doss EP that I can barely stand it; I've heard the whole thing and it's gonna be SUCH a treat to listen to in full fidelity. (Also this is where I brag about being one of the lucky few to have snagged a copy of Salem's Yes I Smoke Crack EP when it was released; every so often I get messages from Discogs folks pleading with me to sell or trade it to them. Unfortunately for these folks, this will never happen.)

And Acephale's releases don't just sound good - they're some of the most mindfuckingly beautiful-looking records I own, too. These aren't my pictures, but I think they get the point across:

Seriously, I have an infinite amount of love for Acephale. Anyone reading this thread who's got fifty bucks to spare and likes good music would be well served to buy this bundle; you'll start writing posts as long and gushing as this one before you know it.

Also thanks for the tips CPL! I'm'a pick up 100 mailers and see what I can do; I also have a shameful amount of boxes from other orders piled up around my messy-rear end apartment so maybe I can repurpose some of those too. Anything else I should know before diving into this enterprise? I only know it from the buyer's POV so I'm just going to try to do what I've seen those folks do, but if there's anything else I should know about any aspect of selling records online, I'm all ears.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Red Eye Records in Sydney have put their unsold RSD stock online. It updates twice daily as orders go in. I grabbed the Devo/Flaming Lips 7" (now seems to be sold out) and Butch Devo & The Sundance Kid.

http://www.redeye.com.au/iAsk.asp?reion=USA

My local had about 5 copies of that bright green Ghostbusters single. Everyone was picking it up, laughing at it, then putting it back in the crate. Should have grabbed a few copies as it seems to be in demand now.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

My local place had a load of unsold RSD stuff, I didn't care about any of it really though so I didn't buy any of it.

Edit - I know. What kind of record collector am i?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Creature posted:

Red Eye Records in Sydney have put their unsold RSD stock online. It updates twice daily as orders go in. I grabbed the Devo/Flaming Lips 7" (now seems to be sold out) and Butch Devo & The Sundance Kid.

http://www.redeye.com.au/iAsk.asp?reion=USA

My local had about 5 copies of that bright green Ghostbusters single. Everyone was picking it up, laughing at it, then putting it back in the crate. Should have grabbed a few copies as it seems to be in demand now.

I saw some store asking $55 for it. I couldn't be bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
If you guys haven't heard Jerkagram they just released their first LP "Let's Talk About Us", pretty sure it's relatively limited (100).

http://jerkagram.bandcamp.com/

If you're into music like The Melvins they definitely have a similar vibe going on.