Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Phiberoptik posted:

Good.

I keep buying deathadders despite them lasting 6 months max. On my third one.

i had one last 4 months. I really liked it when i had it. Trying out a zowie now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Phiberoptik posted:

Good.

My first Deathadder lasted almost 4 years, and I only replaced it because I "felt" it was time. I replaced it with a DA 2013, which is still working perfectly. Not sure what you're doing to your mice, but mine have been great.

Finnin
Mar 25, 2014

by Ralp

kaschei posted:

Are you happy with your mouse?

Well my current mouse is what comes with this

I havent gotten the 400s yet.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've had the same G9X since SC2 came out, so I guess 3 years?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I don't know how many goons claw-grip, but I've been using the CM Storm Xornet and it's pretty drat comfortable. Highly recommended if you're a claw gripper and are looking for an entry level gaming mouse.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
I use objectively the best mouse ever made, the MX518. The day I have to replace it will be a dark one

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I got the G500 and the left mouse button stops registering that it's being held down sometimes. I miss my MX518.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Phiberoptik posted:

What are you doing to your poor mouse?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

LemonyTang posted:

I use objectively the best mouse ever made, the MX518. The day I have to replace it will be a dark one

About a year ago I needed to replace my MX510 because the laser would go out intermittently. I was really, really dreading trying to find a new mouse to replace that beast that I've had for well over 10 years.

Thankfully the Sensei from SteelSeries has really held its own. It felt about the same as the 510 and was even more responsive. I can't deal with huge mice that have a ton of buttons on them that I know I'll never use.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I had my 518 for 8 years. I finally wore out the pads on the bottom and Logitech said they didn't have replacements :smith:

I still have it in the closet, but I have a g500 now. I think I'm going to get a Razer Ourboros if I can find a local shop with one on display. I hate buying mice without being able to fondle them first. I got bigass fuggin hands and the only mouse that has ever been big enough was the old MX1000.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Beach Bum posted:

I had my 518 for 8 years. I finally wore out the pads on the bottom and Logitech said they didn't have replacements :smith:

You can buy replacement feet on ebay. I bought replacement feet for my 518 here when one side started peeling off http://www.puretrak.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1824

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

Coleman posted:

My first Deathadder lasted almost 4 years, and I only replaced it because I "felt" it was time. I replaced it with a DA 2013, which is still working perfectly. Not sure what you're doing to your mice, but mine have been great.

No idea, my logitech mice all lasted 3+ years. I'm not that hard on my gear, nothing else I own breaks with this frequency. Razer(Unlike logitech) makes you pay for shipping too, which when you live in Canada for warranty, its like $25 anyway.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

You can buy replacement feet on ebay. I bought replacement feet for my 518 here when one side started peeling off http://www.puretrak.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1824

I... I love you :glomp:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Finnin posted:

I got a g400s for $30 as my new mouse for CSGO.

Did I do good? Bad?

What dpi/sensitivity are you using on your new g400s?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Steelseries Rival is the best mouse scrubs.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

When... something on my mx518 keeled over I contacted Logitech about a replacement since it was only like 2 years or so old and they sent me a g400s since they don't do the mx518 anymore, then using that I noticed something was off with it and contacted them to which they just immediately sent a 2nd g400s, then using that one I noticed the exact same issue and realised it wasn't caused by either mouse but by me alt-tabbing while the mouse was doing something in particular that made it permanently move in one direction, to which the solution was to just alt-tab again and it would be fixed.

So I ended up with 2 g400s' for free because I'm an idiot.

Logitech have good customer support. This has been a PSA on why you should buy logitech things.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Popehoist posted:

Steelseries Rival is the best mouse scrubs.

I hope they never discontinue it because this is my new mouse 4lyfe.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

The best mouse is the Steelseries Kinzu V2 because I don't give a gently caress about no side buttons and care more that my mouse is an obnoxious color of yellow.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN
Logitech MX518 fuckin owns.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
I miss my batman mx518. It lasted me about 4 years for a mouse, which is pretty good, but I wish I had a replacement :(

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I used a G9 for quite a while, then it broke(cord connection problem) so Logitech sent me another G9. That G9 was defective(one mouse button only registered half the time) so they sent me a G9X.

I, too, am a fan of Logitech support.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I like my G9x a whole lot, had it about a year, never had problems.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I use a $20 USB mouse from Office Depot. My inches/360 is... I'm not sure but I put the sens on the low half.

How pro am I?

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Still use my mx518.

In other news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLykCyaXJk

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

LemonyTang posted:

Replace it with a G400 if you can. It is the exact same shape but has a way better sensor for playing CSGO. Nailing long range headshots got so much easier for me after I did.

If you have very large hands then the shape is pretty much unbeatable while the feet last forever and glide so well.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

FadedReality posted:

I got the G500 and the left mouse button stops registering that it's being held down sometimes. I miss my MX518.

This happened to me with the right mouse button and I fixed it by blowing out all the poo poo that collected under the button. I literally just put my mouth over the mousewheel and blew and a ton of poo poo flew out. Has worked perfectly since.

hello internet fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 23, 2014

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Slaapaav posted:

Replace it with a G400 if you can. It is the exact same shape but has a way better sensor for playing CSGO. Nailing long range headshots got so much easier for me after I did.

What makes a sensor better for CSGO?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What makes a sensor better for CSGO?

MX518 got that angle snapping. -tott 2013

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Hate to interrupt Mousechat 2014: The Sensitivening, but some interesting news:

http://www.hltv.org/blog/8223-128-tick-match-making-system-here-now

Apparently there's an honest to goodness CS:GO matchmaking system with 128 tick servers. It's unofficial and run by some British guy, but it could be the way forward!

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Wow. Tickratechat again. Here we go.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Barehanded Brother posted:

Hate to interrupt Mousechat 2014: The Sensitivening, but some interesting news:

http://www.hltv.org/blog/8223-128-tick-match-making-system-here-now

Apparently there's an honest to goodness CS:GO matchmaking system with 128 tick servers. It's unofficial and run by some British guy, but it could be the way forward!
I'll probably happily play on this, but it worries me, if it catches on more than, say, altpug or ESEAs pug system, it could fracture the matchmaking community, and both "groups" would probably be worse for it.

But I'll be interested to try it, maybe I'll do some later!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

a slime posted:

Is there another side to that debate? Surely not even the CS:GO thread can prefer 64 tick. Surely not.

oh god it can cant it

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Played a game of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive today on Match Making where we came back as ct on mirage from 8-14 for the 16-14 win.

Feels good, lets tell some tales of Epic Comebacks.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Jeza posted:

Is there another side to that debate? Surely not even the CS:GO thread can prefer 64 tick. Surely not.
Is there literally any drawback to 128 tick for the player?

Oh, and on a separate note: how do I tell the difference between mishaps caused by ping/jitter, and mishaps caused by 64 ticks?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't see any reason not to use 128 tick(unless you have a very lovely computer?), but 64 tick doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some people. It's not like 64 tick gives one player an advantage over another, you're both dealing with the same tick rate.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

a slime posted:

Wow. Metachat again. Here we go.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Is there literally any drawback to 128 tick for the player?

Oh, and on a separate note: how do I tell the difference between mishaps caused by ping/jitter, and mishaps caused by 64 ticks?
I believe the working theory is that if you don't get at least 128 FPS, then you're not getting the benefit of 128 tick anyway, or some nonsense. Valve has claimed the reason MM servers are 64 tick is because the majority of CS players can't get that 128 FPS, so they'd have a poor experience on those servers.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Also CPU cycles aren't free and "close nuff" is good 99.99% of the time.

Yeah, we've all had the lag compensation show a blood splatter and then check the log to find that none of your shots hit, but whatever. Who cares? It sucks, but getting all Dear Gaben, over it is dumb as gently caress.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Played a game of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive today on Match Making where we came back as ct on mirage from 8-14 for the 16-14 win.

Feels good, lets tell some tales of Epic Comebacks.

Really dude? Comebackchat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Phone posted:

Yeah, we've all had the lag compensation show a blood splatter and then check the log to find that none of your shots hit, but whatever. Who cares? It sucks, but getting all Dear Gaben, over it is dumb as gently caress.

What I want to know is whether switching to this newfangled unofficial 128-tick matchmaking will help with those "you should be dead!" issues, or if I don't need to bother since it's strictly a ping issue.

• Locked thread