Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
did you/will you donate?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's pretty angry for a midget without a club.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Does anyone know anything about this?

Police called in over drug scandal at major football club in England
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/19/police-called-drug-scandal-major-club

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ultrabindu posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/19/police-called-drug-scandal-major-club

Kagawa...

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

ultrabindu posted:

Reckon it may have something to do with this?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I was truthfully expecting the "This player enjoys Frozen Twix up his rectum." Article.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Nile Ranger arrested... again...

At this point he's gotta have more of a reputation as a violent idiot than as a footballer.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Nostradingus posted:

Nile Ranger arrested... again...

At this point he's gotta have more of a reputation as a violent idiot than as a footballer.

More minutes in jail than the pitch here pretty soon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ultrabindu posted:

Turns out this could be Leeds. A Yorkshire Evening Post journalist is saying that David Haigh has given a statement saying cameras were installed at Elland Road to find evidence of drug use in/around the boardroom

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Just shows how pathetic the doping tests in football are.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not sure members of the board get tested Hegay

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
As if every board in the country isn't doing charlie every 15 minutes throughout the day.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I thought i'd posted about this at the time, everyone in leeds knew it was us as soon as cellino informed police that cameras had been installed in the boardroom and elsewhere in the club and training facility. Cellino says the cameras were installed using club funds, illegally. We all thought Haigh was going to be with us alongside cellino for a long time, but when he quit and this story surfaced we knew it was us.

quote:

In a statement released this afternoon, the 36-year-old said he had given a “full statement to police officers” investigating complaints made by the club’s new majority shareholders that cameras were found at Elland Road.

He said: “As the former Managing Director of the club, David was fully aware of the installation of these devices which were quite properly paid for by the club.

“They were put in place following reports which he received between the end of January and early March this year alleging the recent misuse of Class A drugs. One of these reports was made by police.

“It was, and remains, David’s view that not to have taken action to seek to provide evidence against the alleged perpetrators would have been in breach of his duty as a fit and proper person to be handling the day to day running of a Football League club.

“David is of the firm belief that illegal drugs have no place in football. He will continue to co-operate fully with any police or other enquiries.”

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
So you won a Copa Libertadores match, what do you do?

Party with hookers and blow and take pictures of course!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Weaponized Cum posted:

So you won a Copa Libertadores match, what do you do?

Party with hookers and blow and take pictures of course!

Those are some really shabby hookers imo.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Marlon King got 18 months today...

http://bbc.in/1nOeyRa

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

He's a colossal piece of poo poo. Is there a more unlikable footballer out there?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

St Evan Echoes posted:

He's a colossal piece of poo poo. Is there a more unlikable footballer out there?

Lee Hughes

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

St Evan Echoes posted:

Including or not including Sergio Busquets

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had written a whole thing about him not being as bad because he did one really awful thing and served his time but deleted it because gently caress him, he's awful

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I had written a whole thing about him not being as bad because he did one really awful thing and served his time but deleted it because gently caress him, he's awful

reminder that we flung him off to vale b/c he did a rape and got away with it on a plea bargain

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'll never forget when he celebrated that time by pretending to drive a car to goad the away fans.

Utterly classless oval office.

Didn't stop him scoring against us though :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-james-former-england-goalkeeper-3548934

David James has run out of money

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

monkeytennis posted:

Thoroughly embarrassed that my club was associated with him even briefly, what a complete and utter scumbag.

Lee Hughes too, on both counts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Private Eye posted:

I'll never forget when he celebrated that time by pretending to drive a car to goad the away fans.
Jesus what the actual gently caress

I really thought he had kept his nose clean after the jail spell, loving hell what a turd of a human being

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I thought he just pretended to be wearing handcuffs and shake them or did he do that as well?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

I thought he just pretended to be wearing handcuffs and shake them or did he do that as well?

Wasn't that one of his teammates?

Also what happened with the Brighton crew gangrape?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

Wasn't that one of his teammates?

Also what happened with the Brighton crew gangrape?

The case against them fell apart at trial and they were acquitted.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

Jose posted:

Yeh, I remember that some fans were giving him stick for the driving thing, and when he scored he celebrated by pretending to drive a car.

I couldn't find anything on the internet about it, but I did find this: http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2010/09/22/lee-hughes-shirt-jibe-sparks-violence/

which is admittedly pretty funny

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

lol the fact that a wife can get any money from the future earnings of her ex-husband is insane and full on theft

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

lol the fact that a wife can get any money from the future earnings of her ex-husband is insane and full on theft

It's madness and I'm not sure how it's even legal. How are you entitled to someone's earnings when you're not with them any more?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's madness and I'm not sure how it's even legal. How are you entitled to someone's earnings when you're not with them any more?

Alimony is pretty common for longer marriages and the reasoning is generally to keep the spouse at the same standard of living they were at during the marriage.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Dude, not cool.

If either partner in a relationship interrupts/gives up their career to care for children then it behoves the other partner to compensate them.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

DickEmery posted:

Dude, not cool.

If either partner in a relationship interrupts/gives up their career to care for children then it behoves the other partner to compensate them.

Pretty she she wasn't a premier league footballer though and so claiming that she would also have earned a property portfolio in the millions might seem slightly spurious.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

DickEmery posted:

Dude, not cool.

Alimony/child support is one thing, and no question is a given, but "a piece of future earning" is something else entirely, to me at least, unless this is some US/UK lost in translation thing

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Alimony/child support is one thing, and no question is a given, but "a piece of future earning" is something else entirely, to me at least, unless this is some US/UK lost in translation thing

Either you send the kids to boarding school or one of you spends less effort on your career in order to raise them.
Due to the inherent gender bias in wages and career advancement this has usually been the role of the woman.
(for an example, BM going to work would not be able to earn as much as me so she stays home and plays mass effect all day looks after the kid denying herself at least 10 years of building a career/pension.)
In the event of the partnership dissolving the partner who gave up their career is at a major disadvantage (by losing ten years) and therefore is usually awarded some compensatory figure of the working partner's earnings.
David James can bitch and moan about it or he can go back in time, put his Mrs in goal and stay at home looking after their kids.

Edit : to be fair I don't think James is actually moaning about it, it's just the tone of the article.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 17, 2014

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its an article from the mirror so its written to make you think 'yeah gently caress minorities white men for life'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

The Sun went with the headline 'You'd have thought he'd be better at saving' which got a laugh out of me tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

The Sun went with the headline 'You'd have thought he'd be better at saving' which got a laugh out of me tbf

The Sun have obviously never seen him play