Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Anybody not reading the author's notes really needs to read this one. It's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

Well, there goes the castle. Big crevices in the ground probably aren't good for structural stability.

It's all fondant, anyway. A day with a chef-handyman and it'll be right as rain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IMJack posted:

It's all fondant, anyway. A day with a chef-handyman and it'll be right as rain.

Tonight on Cake Boss, we make a castle for Princess Parfait!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Who is screaming in the background?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

thechosenone posted:

Gigi probably.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Lance Streetman posted:

Anybody not reading the author's notes really needs to read this one. It's fantastic.
I love pretzels, too. Someone give me pretzels.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

thechosenone posted:

Is that screaming, or ominous chanting background music?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Tenebrais posted:

Is that screaming, or ominous chanting background music?

If it was background music, it would just be a really long note. It could be Peridot, since we haven't seen her in a while.

Also, I do not recall any point where Nightmare Knight interacted with pretzels.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pyroi posted:

Also, I do not recall any point where Nightmare Knight interacted with pretzels.

It's because they're too expensive.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How can he say such a thing with an avatar like that?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
That's the secret to sealing him away. The completed Dream Sword conjures up a pretzel so massive it takes NK a 1000 years to eat it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Noooo! Cordelia! Peridot needs to get here quick and save her best friend from a fiery doom :ohdear:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Waffleman_ posted:

Tonight on Cake Boss, we make a castle for Princess Parfait!

It's terrible, I can't see that word and not mentally hear it pronounced fahn-dawnt any more :negative:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uuuhhh... doesn't Cordelia control Nightmare Knight? I mean she ressurected and summoned him, so she should be the one in control.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kikas posted:

Uuuhhh... doesn't Cordelia control Nightmare Knight? I mean she ressurected and summoned him, so she should be the one in control.

Anyone who's beaten Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door knows that this is, in fact, not the case at all.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Anyone going to TCAF is going to be able to get some great merch.
This print;
http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/83396458987/knight-and-witch-these-costumes-have-nothing-to

And the fashion art book. Lucky buggers.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kikas posted:

Nightmare Knight's made it clear from the beginning that this isn't the case at all.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Really, is it EVER the case? I mean "oops you don't actually control the thing you summoned" is pretty drat old.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty much a plot twist when it does work as intended.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Oh man, it's a page of nothing but avatar-worthy faces.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
...is everyone in this comic way more multi-faceted and human than we give them credit for? Is that gigi's game?

Next thing you know, we'll find out Tomato is such a chauvinist jerk because he's going through Robert De Niro's character arc in Stardust.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This comic is way too heartwarming. I don't think I can handle it anymore.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
This comic has no flaws.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Almond owned Peridot so hard she literally ran home crying to her mother(ly figure).

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I have a feeling that this comic is going to be the worst one in the world due to buffer overflow of how good it is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

umalt posted:

I have a feeling that this comic is going to be the worst one in the world due to buffer overflow of how good it is.
"On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is CuQu?" "-256"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
After Parfait Adventures I don't think I can take anymore :3:, please don't do this GiGi.

Budget
Aug 10, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

...is everyone in this comic way more multi-faceted and human than we give them credit for?

No. One word: Cabbage.

Okay, probably everyone else, but not Cabbage.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

Budget posted:

No. One word: Cabbage.

Okay, probably everyone else, but not Cabbage.

Nah, Cabbage probably isn't all that bad.

Dreamy Souffle fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 23, 2014

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

This is too cute. Those little Peridot side comics kinda showed a little of this mother/daughter dynamic these two have but this really takes it over the top. I need to know how Peridot got started with this whole minion thing and why Cordelia is trying for this whole take over the world thing when she's clearly not that evil.

Also

The GIG posted:

Almond owned Peridot so hard she literally ran home crying to her mother(ly figure).

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
It's kinda :unsmith: to see a villain be evil, but not mistreat her minions that mess up.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Haha, the aaaaas from the previous comic was from her.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Whitenoise Poster posted:

why Cordelia is trying for this whole take over the world thing when she's clearly not that evil.

Cordelia just wants to mother everyone the same way she mothers Peridot. Once she dominates the world she will rule as a fair and efficient leader.

Cordelia: Mom dictator for life.

I'd vote for her.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

but you dont vote for dictators

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
It is kind of hilarious how fast Cordelia goes from "Oh god, I am so dead!" to "Oh god, what happened, my poor baby?" But mostly just cute.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

pandaK posted:

but you dont vote for dictators

She's just that good, man.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

April 20 :allears:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I just love how Cordelia completely forgets about Double Knight being terrifying the second she realises her minion needs her. Catlady has her priorities straight.
Fearing for your life < Hanging out with Peridot.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I need to know how Peridot got started with this whole minion thing and why Cordelia is trying for this whole take over the world thing when she's clearly not that evil.

Well, y'know. By our standards, perhaps. Using their world's scale, she's pretty much a blood-soaked dictator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
The secret of Peridot's hair revealed