Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

Posting this here because it goes so far beyond just Craigslist.

Someone shoot the bastard that did this.

I want to drive around sitting in a patio chair. :rolleye:

Otherwise I don't mind it too much, minus the weird trunk sideways lift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Aurune posted:

You'd think the giant "OVERHEIGHT WHEN FLASHING" sign would be enough... but no.

From what I've heard, the locals all know about this sign, but the out-of-towners don't believe that 11'8" means exactly that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Why don't they build a really substantial girder across the road farther away, so that wrecks the trucks without blocking the bridge? Don't rail bridges need a reinspection every time there's an impact like that? Can't be cheap.

I mean, I see they have a girder immediately before it, but why not 30' or so away?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Because there's an intersection right there people turn from, I think. I dunno, I would put some spikes on it to really drive the point across.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

You left out the best part - It's for sale. For the low, low price of 28 grand, you can own this abomination.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Posting this here because it goes so far beyond just Craigslist.

I...like it

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

InitialDave posted:

Why don't they build a really substantial girder across the road farther away, so that wrecks the trucks without blocking the bridge? Don't rail bridges need a reinspection every time there's an impact like that? Can't be cheap.

I mean, I see they have a girder immediately before it, but why not 30' or so away?

If you look, that's what there is already. It's triangulated to the bottom of the bridge.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I dunno, it seems well executed and aside from the seats, it isn't absolutely horrible. It looks like a cross between the donor vehicle, an old style cigar car, and a ride-on lawnmower/tractor.

Aside from the seats I would drive that quite happily. But I still want to see the suspension, chassis, and drivetrain work... it could all be awful.

e: unless my eyes are tricking me, they didn't narrow the suspension or rearend to do this, which means all that stuff is probably factory and just fine for the road.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Believe me, it somehow looks even worse in person.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

It is an abomination but that front grill is frickin adorable.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I get this urge to mow my lawn when I see it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

InitialDave posted:

Why don't they build a really substantial girder across the road farther away, so that wrecks the trucks without blocking the bridge?

They have warning signs on both sides of the road, a block away:
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.000096,-78.909193,3a,75y,216.33h,72.89t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGcOSbr24Yy2i56N95hnfLA!2e0

I would say the drivers should pay the bill, but I know the contracts they work under.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'll have a surprise treat for the thread by the end of the week. :ssh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I loved following that Porsche in the google streetview images until you get right past the bridge. All of a sudden the weather completely changes and the Porsche disappears. Dammit we were gaining on him too!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Phone posted:

What are you buying? :gonk:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

What are you buying? :gonk:

Probably a lamb burrito with pinto beans and guac.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

some guy on pirate4x4 sees this abomination around town regularly.

Florida plates :lol:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Of course it's parked at autozone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

some guy on pirate4x4 sees this abomination around town regularly.

Florida plates :lol:

Is it just me or is the axle crooked?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Crooked how? Thrust angle? The only thing that could cause that is chassis or leaf spring fuckery... or homemade hillbilly fab leaf spring perches with the center pin hole not in the right spot.

That being said, I would be amazed if they got the pinion angle right. There are so many suspension sins in that picture I wish I had better pics of it so I could find them all.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

jamal posted:

Of course it's parked at autozone.

Where else would BACK YARD CUSTOMS get their parts?

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Neighbor's truck apparently had enough and spontaneously burst into flames. (Sorry for the crappy phone pic)

Thankfully nothing else was really damaged besides the truck. Firefighters casually pulled in, and had it out in under 30 seconds.

PhoenixWing fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 23, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Lemme guess, F150 that hadn't had the cruise control recall done?

That sucks, hope the fire didn't damage his house. Redoing melted siding stinks.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
My local one:

Still takes the top off a delivery truck (or a flatbed full of 2x4s, that one shut down the whole block for the rest of the day) every other month or so. It's coming right off a traffic light and the limit is 20mph because on the other side of the tracks is the old downtown, so there should be plenty of time to stop.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
There's a 9'6" down my way. It's a blind turn from the highway, but the local DoT was kind enough to give it a dedicated offramp so trucks can exit the highway without having to commit to the bridge.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
The middle of a residential neighborhood in Lithuania is a place where you least expect to find a "kustomized" Buick Regal, but find one I did. I do not know how bad this is but it looked straight up silly among all the euro-cars around it(probably because of the rimzzz)

Now I am no expert on american cars(being from eastern Europe and all) so forgive me if this is nothing really awful, it just looked kind of dumb to me.

EDIT:
I just found something actually really terrible:

TheCoach fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 23, 2014

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Porsche 959

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

b0nes posted:

Porsche 959

Nah mate. Thats a Morgan. :downs:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Delivery McGee posted:

My local one:

Still takes the top off a delivery truck (or a flatbed full of 2x4s, that one shut down the whole block for the rest of the day) every other month or so. It's coming right off a traffic light and the limit is 20mph because on the other side of the tracks is the old downtown, so there should be plenty of time to stop.

I'm pretty sure there's a 10-minute video compilation floating around of trucks & buses castrating themselves on this exact overpass.

Oh, nevermind, this is the video I was thinking of. The Rocky theme makes it better, not worse.

vvvvv The existence of this website just made my day.

enojy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

enojy posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a 10-minute video compilation floating around of trucks & buses castrating themselves on this exact overpass.

https://www.11foot8.com

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

b0nes posted:

Porsche 959

A Will.i.am design :downsgun:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Aurune posted:

A Will.i.am design :downsgun:

The difference between that unfortunate Po-Beetle and anything Will.i.am has designed is that I would actually allow myself to be seen in the Po-Beetle. Will.i.am shouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of anything car related, ever.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Terrible Robot posted:

The difference between that unfortunate Po-Beetle and anything Will.i.am has designed is that I would actually allow myself to be seen in the Po-Beetle. Will.i.am shouldn't be allowed within 100 yards of anything car related, ever.

I think what you're saying is hyperbole however, even though Will.i.am's cars are loving atrocities I would much rather be seen in one of them then the po'beetle.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Terrible Robot posted:

peedle.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

West SAAB Story posted:

Nah mate. Thats a Morgan. :downs:

Can't be. Wood doesnt rust. :haw:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

6675636b20796f75 posted:

I think what you're saying is hyperbole however, even though Will.i.am's cars are loving atrocities I would much rather be seen in one of them then the po'beetle.

I think you've forgotten just how bad Will's design skills are...

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
oh look, Saints Row.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Is there a Beetle lurking under that nightmare?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

As promised:

Terrible car stuff not pictured, but implied, me taking pictures while driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

There's an 11'8" bridge on Brady St nearby in Davenport.

It takes a few big rigs out every year. There are warning signs MILES out.