Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Met posted:

This week has been busy and I haven't been able to watch the "Sophie Clarke on the Wisdom of Big Moves" on RHAP? Not sure if I want to sink 3 hours into it, either before tonight's episode or at all. Anyone who see it think it's worth listening to?

Only the first half of the podcast is with her, the second half is the Survivor historian bit. It's pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Met posted:

This week has been busy and I haven't been able to watch the "Sophie Clarke on the Wisdom of Big Moves" on RHAP? Not sure if I want to sink 3 hours into it, either before tonight's episode or at all. Anyone who see it think it's worth listening to?

The Sophie part was roughly the first hour and was a lot of fun but I'm a big Sophie fan. She talks about who she thinks is and isn't playing a good game, and talks about her season and how her game turned out so differently than how this one is being played. She's been following this season very closely and is really enjoying it.

After that there was the This Week in Survivor History which I always find really boring because it feels like they go "Hey remember when this cool thing happened???" "Yeah that was cool!" *repeat a million times* and there's barely any insight or reflection on what actually happened.

After that I fell asleep (because I was tired, not necessarily because it was a bad episode) and the episode deleted itself from my phone so I can't speak for the rest of it.

So unless you hate Sophie I recommend listening to that part, but can't speak for the rest.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't watch her season, so I don't hold her in any regard whatsoever.

I think I'll just skip this one based on your insights above. I appreciate it. :)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm on the other side of the fence with Sophie and really didn't like her on her season. That said, this RHAP appearance and Reality Gamemasters went a long way toward changing that. She's still completely socially inept and cringeworthy at times but had some pretty good insight.

She also admitted this was the first season since her own she was watching without full spoilers which makes her previous appearances kind of lovely in hindsight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Wait, Fabio wins? :lol:

It's incredible to watch and the thread was really fun the last few weeks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

It's incredible to watch

But they all suck at this game!

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Samarium posted:

He was going to be on HvV, but CBS gave his spot to Russell at the last minute, after they saw Russell play in Samoa.

According to Shane on RHAP, he said that he was supposed to be on South Pacific going against Coach, but Shane backed out for some reason, and they replaced him with Ozzie. Just imagine how different both of those seasons would be.

I feel bad for the returnees that seem to consistently be considered to return and then cut at the last second. I know Natalie from Micronesia is in a similar situation-- I think she was actually flown out for Heroes vs. Villains as an alternate, and I remember her name being mentioned during Blood vs. Water casting.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Rarity posted:

Hence why the ultimate winner's amazing. Of all of them, the MOST apparent dimwit wins. also, you gotta see precisely how it happens, it's great, especially how the jury votes go down.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mancalamania posted:

I feel bad for the returnees that seem to consistently be considered to return and then cut at the last second. I know Natalie from Micronesia is in a similar situation-- I think she was actually flown out for Heroes vs. Villains as an alternate, and I remember her name being mentioned during Blood vs. Water casting.

Oh man I'd love to see Natalie back. Sure, she was kind of an awful person but she was the only newbie who was able to match the Favorites

e: How the hell are these people getting beaten on puzzles by Fabio? :psyduck:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 23, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

I'd tell you why but it'll be better for you to see it yourself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd tell you why but it'll be better for you to see it yourself.

See this made me hope Fabio was going to pull of a Keyser Soze "I'm actually a Harvard graduate" and now I'm sad that's not what happened :(

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

IcePhoenix posted:

It's incredible to watch and the thread was really fun the last few weeks.

This is why I have a minor appreciation for Nicaragua. A Fabio victory was always sort of a running joke in the thread but it just got funnier as he stayed in the game. Then the final episode where he pulled out an immunity streak made everyone lose their minds. So it was a lot of fun to watch that unfold.

And the double quit episode is really amusing for how pissed off Jeff gets.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Survivor Nicaragua thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336907

Might be worth finding the double quit and then the final couple episodes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

See this made me hope Fabio was going to pull of a Keyser Soze "I'm actually a Harvard graduate" and now I'm sad that's not what happened :(

Yeah. Then he blew all his money on dumb stuff like strech limos to pick him up from jail (DUI, probation violation) and it was just kind of sad.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Poque posted:

Survivor Nicaragua thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3336907

Might be worth finding the double quit and then the final couple episodes.

That episode starts on 79, quits happen on page 80. Final episode starts on 103 and FTC is at 110.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ror posted:

That episode starts on 79, quits happen on page 80. Final episode starts on 103 and FTC is at 110.

And Shannon's tribal starts on page 17. :allears:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

When you finish watching make sure you google all the videos and poo poo of him riding around in limos at 3 am drunk off his rear end after getting bailed out and then invites the TMZ paparazo to party with him and his buddies.

That money was gone so fast.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

And Shannon's tribal starts on page 17. :allears:

I think that's really the only thing that made this season worthwhile :allears:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Previously on Poques Previous post.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Previously on... SURVIVOR! :siren:

So pumped for #spyshack tonight!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Really hope that talk of Tyler Perry idol in the recap doesn't mean it's found tonight.

I don't want this season ruined with an overpowered idol.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

That right there is why Tony is really underrated at this game - Trish STILL trusts him

His social game is absolutely phenomenal

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well that's pretty big of you Trish.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
#SPYSHACK!!!!!!!!!!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Return of the #SPYSHACK

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh Tony, you brilliant crazy paranoid man. :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Aww yeahhhhh #spyshack

In use!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spyshack paying off big-time!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I am deeply curious how long tony say in the bush before he got good intel

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

OK Tony is seriously now in my top 5 favorite players of all time... cannot believe the #SPYSHACK worked...

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Good point...

Rob Cesternino @robcesternino · 1m

Memo to future #Survivor players... If a camera person is filming a random bush, it's actually a #SpyShack!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I kinda wish they caught him just for the awkward scene.

Tony, what are you doing in that bush?
I....I don't know...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Came in late, what did I miss?

I mean SPYSHACK obviously, but what did he hear?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

STAC Goat posted:

Came in late, what did I miss?

I mean SPYSHACK obviously, but what did he hear?

Jefra doesn't trust Tony, but Trish still does.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is good - either way this goes, Jeremiah/Spencer/Tasha will have time alone with Jefra.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^^^ GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Either way, Jefra teamed with the Brains means they will be able to get into her head whether they win or lose.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheHock posted:

Jefra doesn't trust Tony, but Trish still does.

So do they not know who flipped and voted out LJ or does Trish just believe Tony's story that LJ was after Woo?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hahahaha Tony is awesome.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

So do they not know who flipped and voted out LJ or does Trish just believe Tony's story that LJ was after Woo?

They know - as soon as they got back from tribal Tony said it was him and Woo that flipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

No dividing wall for the puzzle. :sigh:

• Locked thread