Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

kiimo posted:

I really like that pick for KC and not the wide receiver pick. Everyone wants to slot a receiver here but replacing galactic shithouse safety Kendrick Lewis who I blame for the playoff loss is paramount. Calvin Pryor is a heavy tackler almost to a fault and you could not get more different than the flailing vagina that is Lewis. A++ would draft again.

I like Pryor too but there is no chance he goes past Dallas and Philly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

I like Pryor too but there is no chance he goes past Dallas and Philly

Clinton-Dix too. If both are gone Marquis Lee is an okay option.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Denver having Dee Ford, Von Miller and Jared Allen...woof

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Dane Brugler (the guy who basically runs CBS Sports' drafting evalutations) has a new, actually decent two round (no trades) mock draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

I'm ok with Martin in the 1st, and I'm pretty sure Easley is the projected 2nd round pick because of Dallas' habit of picking up good players with knee injury concerns in the 2nd (Lee, Carter)

DT is a huge need but I'm not sure I want a DT with two janky knees

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Dane Brugler (the guy who basically runs CBS Sports' drafting evalutations) has a new, actually decent two round (no trades) mock draft.

Dix has the potential to be the bust of the draft. I really think he'll be exposed at the next level and would much rather take Jimmie Ward. Tuitt in the second would be pretty sick.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

They also chew up the best years of their running backs before they earn a dime, but whatever.

Why stop at running backs?

Pron on VHS posted:

Denver having Dee Ford, Von Miller and Jared Allen...woof

DeMarcus Ware? :eng101:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Coldforge posted:

I'd be real happy with Gilbert and Benjamin in the first two rounds.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Alouicious posted:

you say that then ODU put up like 80 points and the next 20 minutes is nothing but the cameras panning on Sad Hokies

I mean you're basically guaranteed at least 2 games a year where you can watch pans of Sad Hokies so...

As long as Bud is our D coordinator no one will hang 80 on us. 48-50 like once every 2 years though.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
the whitest thing

quote:

ESPN's Todd McShay says that NFL teams are concerned about Notre Dame NT Louis Nix's desire based on his playing shape and social media usage.
"They're just concerned that his focus and desire aren't where they should be," McShay said. Nix, known as "Irish Chocolate" online, produced a YouTube series called "Chocolate News" which included such segments as going to Costco. He also made fun of Brian Kelly to the coach's face. SB Nation asked Nix about what he was asked about during the interview process of the combine: "Maybe they thought I was too laid back, I don't know, but I just like being laid back and friendly and a cute person, but like I said I can be mean when it's time to," he said. "I just be myself, I'm not changing for anybody." The 6-foot-2 3/8 and 331-pounder could go as high as the mid-first round, or he could drop into the second.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll wait till the actual draft to say it but these past few weeks have made NFL FOs look dangerously retarded.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I know losing Anthony Collins sucks but I really don't think the Bengals take a non-center offensive lineman in the first three rounds like every single mock draft seems to have us doing

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Similarly, I hope Dee Ford somehow drops to the second and they get him there.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Zerilan posted:

I'd be real happy with Gilbert and Benjamin in the first two rounds.

Gilbert sure (though not with Dennard still on the board) but Benjamin nononononononno especially with Tuitt and Robinson going shortly afterwards

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Similarly, I hope Dee Ford somehow drops to the second and they get him there.

Dream scenarios aside I don't see any way the first three rounds aren't some order of CB, DE, and one BPA pick where they do something weird like a falling Carlos Hyde or Mettenberger or whatever

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Currently watching Chocolate News, it's not news at all, 1/5 and not subscribing

e- oh man he's actually shooting this on a video camera, not a phone

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 24, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Dream scenarios aside I don't see any way the first three rounds aren't some order of CB, DE, and one BPA pick where they do something weird like a falling Carlos Hyde or Mettenberger or whatever
I doubt they're going to do DE early. They've hung their hats on later round DEs and they won't shy away from that now.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

So uh, are all the Clowney questions answered now that Hoge confirmed that he is an "atrocious" player?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

So uh, are all the Clowney questions answered now that Hoge confirmed that he is an "atrocious" player?

Anyone who watched Clowney and didn't already have a bias of him being shiftless er lazy would know there weren't questions about his effort.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
That CBS draft is pretty much a dream for me. I want nothing more than bullshit Manziel magic overcoming Steelers bullshit magic. I'm about to roll a 20-sided die and make a blood oath to make sure this happens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Completely agreed. Manziel in Cleveland can only be good. You either dominate for a solid 5 years or it's a poo poo show to rival the Browns worst. So long as you don't get Teddy I'm content.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Parmesan Basil posted:

the whitest thing

His playing shape is kinda questionable though, but it shouldn't matter when you get results. The Nick Fairley Dilemma.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Completely agreed. Manziel in Cleveland can only be good. You either dominate for a solid 5 years or it's a poo poo show to rival the Browns worst. So long as you don't get Teddy I'm content.

I hate that you like the Ravens and support Art Modell but I like the way you think.

How do you feel about birds?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If Dee Ford is there when San Diego picks and they don't pick him I am going to be upset

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If Dee Ford is there when San Diego picks and they don't pick him I am going to be upset

Opposite Ingram? That would be a fantastic tandem.

Then maybe grab Justin Ellis in round 2. That could work for them.

Edit: Especially if the Niners grab Martin right before the Chargers could, which I suspect they might.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 24, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MonsterWalk posted:

I hate that you like the Ravens and support Art Modell but I like the way you think.

How do you feel about birds?

I've actually overcome my programming on the Modell issue. He's a piece of poo poo for myriad reasons one of the least being that he was a big part of Baltimore not getting an expansion team.

Love birds but my ability to recognize species in the wild is poo poo. Botanical knowledge could also use some work.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
If Teddy falls to 21 the Packers gotta take him.

Perry the Platypus
Aug 7, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Gilbert sure (though not with Dennard still on the board) but Benjamin nononononononno especially with Tuitt and Robinson going shortly afterwards

What's the knock on Gilbert, I've seen him ranked higher than Dennard pretty much everywhere... I feel like the steelers need to address NT before WR, can Tuitt play inside?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Perry the Platypus posted:

What's the knock on Gilbert, I've seen him ranked higher than Dennard pretty much everywhere... I feel like the steelers need to address NT before WR, can Tuitt play inside?

Gilbert is real nice in coverage and as a return man but is allergic to run support which would be a big knock against him in LeBeau's defense. I think Dennard is head and shoulders the best CB this draft

NT really isn't a problem. McClendon played really well, it was spotty ILB play that was the cause of most of their big plays last year. But that will be better this year I think because Vince Williams got better as the year went on and Timmons won't have to try to be superman with all the young players having a year under their belts. Tuitt would be a DE only, which is a major need going in to the year as the starter across from Heyward would either be Cam Thomas, who's more suited to be a NT, or Brian Arnfelt who was a UDFA that logged 2 snaps last year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Perry the Platypus posted:

Gilbert's supposed to be overly grabby in coverage and an unwilling tackler.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Quest For Glory II posted:

lmao

This is your future Pats fans, stare into it

anyone want to place odds on belichick doing this primarily to pump up the draft stock of his son's old teammate?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Coldforge posted:

I would happy with the Vikings taking Bridgewater at 8, who I like a lot more than Blake Bortles who everyone seems to be mocking to the Vikings right now. Davante Adams in the 2nd round would be a luxury pick. I wouldn't mind the Vikings adding one more receiver, but it is a deep receiver class and they could still get someone decent in the late 3rd or 4th if they wanted to. I'd actually prefer Kony Ealy, who he projects to the next pick. Zimmer likes to heavily rotate D-linemen, so Ealy would get a lot of playing time and could be a successor for Robinson and insurance if Griffen flames out in a bigger role. He could also see some snaps as a rush linebacker, though he's definitely more of a DE in a 4-3 than a linebacker. I actually expect them to use one of their 3rd round picks on Kareem Martin, but Ealy seems like a better prospect.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Petey posted:

anyone want to place odds on belichick doing this primarily to pump up the draft stock of his son's old teammate?

Heh *pulls strings*

Five aces

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was looking at drop statistics to see if Steve Smith could be reliably looked at as 3rd down sure handed recevier and I came across this stat line.

pre:
                      Catches  Drops   Targets  Target%   Drop%

Keenan Allen	SD	71	2	104	68.3 %	  1.9%
For frame of reference:
pre:
Larry Fitzgerald	Ari	82	2	134	61.2 %	1.5%
It seems I will never stop being a grumpy gently caress about the Ravens not drafting Keenan Allen year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For next year:

Rotoworld posted:

When asked to rank the 2015 QB class, NFL.com's Gil Brandt called Oregon's Marcus Mariota and Florida State's Jameis Winston "1" and "1A," with Baylor's Bryce Petty No. 3 and UCLA's Brett Hundley No. 4.

It's already happening, they're overhyping the 2015 QBs so that they can call them overrated in a year. FWIW, Petty has happy feet, an elongated release, pats the ball a lot, and threw pretty inaccurately in the BCS bowl. Hundley will be a riser next year. I expect Winston to be picked apart by scouts looking to try to get him to fall to their team, and the rape allegations will make their job a little easier. Mariota seems to be one of those prospects that will dip once scouts actually look at the tape instead of drinking in the hype.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

For next year:

It's already happening, they're overhyping the 2015 QBs so that they can call them overrated in a year. FWIW, Petty has happy feet, an elongated release, pats the ball a lot, and threw pretty inaccurately in the BCS bowl. Hundley will be a riser next year. I expect Winston to be picked apart by scouts looking to try to get him to fall to their team, and the rape allegations will make their job a little easier. Mariota seems to be one of those prospects that will dip once scouts actually look at the tape instead of drinking in the hype.

Hundley I thought would have risen through the process even if he came out this year. He should be a good prospect a year from now if he continues to improve.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was looking at drop statistics to see if Steve Smith could be reliably looked at as 3rd down sure handed recevier and I came across this stat line.

pre:
                      Catches  Drops   Targets  Target%   Drop%

Keenan Allen	SD	71	2	104	68.3 %	  1.9%
For frame of reference:
pre:
Larry Fitzgerald	Ari	82	2	134	61.2 %	1.5%
It seems I will never stop being a grumpy gently caress about the Ravens not drafting Keenan Allen year.

Imagine if you had a stud like Keenan Allen as a long term future #1 that would be the perfect support for a quarterback like Joe Flacco. That offense would have been ridiculous!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kirios posted:

Imagine if you had a stud like Keenan Allen as a long term future #1 that would be the perfect support for a quarterback like Joe Flacco. That offense would have been ridiculous!

Who's a good comparison for Keenan Allen as a WR?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who's a good comparison for Keenan Allen as a WR?

I haven't watched too much of him but I'd probably say a crisp route runner with good hands like Fitzgerald or Boldin. He can make some crazy circus catches but he really just excels at being in the right place and bringing it in. He isn't an amazing physical freak like DeSean Jaccson or Megatron.

*edit*

Watched a little more film of him on youtube :smug:, and god drat he has insane body control. His jukes are loving ridiculous and he is amazing at knowing exactly where he is on the field.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 24, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Easily going to be Larry fitz. Good size deceptive speed and fantastic routes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Easily going to be Larry fitz. Good size deceptive speed and fantastic routes

I'm still loving mad he didn't get taken by my team (or any team really) in the first two rounds. Anyone who watched him at Cal could see he had some amazing potential. When you're having 100+ yard games with a QB who only completes 40% of his passes you're a pretty loving good receiver.

• Locked thread