Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The only real change is adding the lovely simulator to main events and compiling points from all pvp events towards a final reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Largepotato posted:

The only real change is adding the lovely simulator to main events and compiling points from all pvp events towards a final reward.

Which encourages you to play every event because progression rewards (at least until 10k points) and ultimate reward of Nick Fury

Which is hilarious because they are blatantly handing out the worst cover of him. The absolute worst. It's the steal-AP cover only. That's like handing out only purple spideys as rewards.

This game, man. They need to unfuck their cover system for a second time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And Fury's only from alliance rewards. Fark that.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Here's a pretty good guide from the official forums on how to progress in this game. It basically talks you through from being a 1 star babby to a 3 star+ whale dickhead whom everyone hates.

It covers heroes, team compositions, synergy, cover builds and everything in between. He's kept the guide up to date and while it does have some quirks (he's been insisting forever that Spider-Man nerfs are imminent), I found it to be very useful.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939
Thanks for this. This game is so opaque that a guide like this is sorely-needed for new players. This guide is probably worth putting in the OP, if only for stuff like this:

quote:

When you're running low on health, use health packs, as they regenerate over time.
Uggggghhhhh and here I've been saving them like precious resources. Can anyone elaborate on how the health pack regeneration works? Does it only kick in if you're below a certain number of health packs? At what rate do they regenerate?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tibeerius posted:

Thanks for this. This game is so opaque that a guide like this is sorely-needed for new players. This is probably worth putting in the OP, if only for stuff like this:

Uggggghhhhh and here I've been saving them like precious resources. Can anyone elaborate on how the health pack regeneration works? Does it only kick in if you're below a certain number of health packs? At what rate do they regenerate?

They regenerate at the rate of one every 35 minutes when below 5 health packs.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Largepotato posted:

Lol, Overall winner of each bracket in season 1 gets 40 heroic tokens.

Each bracket is 5000 people.

40 Moonstones here I come bitch

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

This new event seems geared around getting new players up to speed, what with guaranteed specific cover rewards that scale from 1* upwards. Seems like a good idea.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Avengers Assemble looks pretty interesting. The description doesn't really explain it at all, does it use one of the abilities of the Avengers, will it be the lazy version, etc? Guessing we'll need some mad whale to get one first.

One of his abilities should at least have been something involving his badass car from Winter Soldier. Or that motorbike with lasers.

Also I see they funbalanced the Iso rewards from people playing in your alliance the previous day.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
How long does it take to get the rewards from the previous event? I've been spoiled as it's usually instant.

I want to see if I remained in the top 10 :(

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

McDragon posted:

Also I see they funbalanced the Iso rewards from people playing in your alliance the previous day.

I got that this morning before the update, how'd they change it?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

So basically my wee little 5 person alliance with a couple friends has zero chance of seeing a Fury cover no matter how hard we grind, right?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

LorneReams posted:

How long does it take to get the rewards from the previous event? I've been spoiled as it's usually instant.

I want to see if I remained in the top 10 :(

I've had it take an hour before, and alliance rewards often come an hour after the main one.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sefer posted:

I got that this morning before the update, how'd they change it?

It's ten each now, rather than 25. Or at least it was for me today.

herakles
Jan 17, 2009
Their servers seem to be having issues - I've gotten a fuckton of "lost connection" messages, and for a little while I thought I'd been kicked out of the alliance because I didn't show as being an alliance member.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

head58 posted:

So basically my wee little 5 person alliance with a couple friends has zero chance of seeing a Fury cover no matter how hard we grind, right?

I wish they ranked alliances based on average score, not total.

There would be such a bloodbath culling those things.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I wish they ranked alliances based on average score, not total.

There would be such a bloodbath culling those things.

If they did that then alliances with fewer players would have an advantage, to the point that people who play a ton would probably want to be in a single person alliance so no one else drags them down. That would keep people from spending a bunch of HP to up their alliance size.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Top 10 in Punisher tourney.

Finally got the 5th green for GBW. :dance:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

McDragon posted:

It's ten each now, rather than 25. Or at least it was for me today.

Yeah 10 ISO per person, not that I'm terribly broken up about it. Still have 250k in ISO waiting on enough 3* covers to actually use it. Burnt 16k on 500 ISO covers out of boredom earlier today.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Yeah 10 ISO per person, not that I'm terribly broken up about it. Still have 250k in ISO waiting on enough 3* covers to actually use it. Burnt 16k on 500 ISO covers out of boredom earlier today.

Jesus, where do you get all that ISO? I'm constantly running out, though part of my problem is I tend to throw ISO at whoever the current tournament star is (got my Punisher up to 127 in the last tournament, at least, which is almost my cap since Pizza Dog never gets alliance covers anymore). Have you just been saving up while waiting to make the 2*->3* transition?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sefer posted:

Jesus, where do you get all that ISO?

Been playing since launch. Got ridiculous amounts back when the Facebook rewards were still good and I don't bother levelling 3*s till I'm close to 13 covers. I don't really play all that seriously anymore anyway, usually just when I'm waking up in the morning, and the PVE events tend to give out stupid amounts of ISO.

If the game ever coughs up 1-2 more Punisher covers I'll burn most of that ISO and just max him in one sitting. :effort:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Good job AgentsofGOON on top 50. It's nice when everyone (except 4 slackers) actually puts in effort!

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
This morning I pulled a yellow Invisible Woman with an Assault Team token. At 2/0/1 she's now... well, exactly as useless as before!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Good job AgentsofGOON on top 50. It's nice when everyone (except 4 slackers) actually puts in effort!

I made top 10 for the first time ever.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Think I did a bit too well in the last couple of Hunt areas, the enemies are reaching rear end in a top hat levels.

And sorry to everybody in GoonStyle for not joining the Punisher tournament. Thought it ended today rather than yesterday.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Metal Bawkses has an opening, if anyone still needs an alliance.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Discovered a bug.

If Moonstone uses Control Shift on a countdown tile, and you override THAT with your OWN countdown tile (Cap), and then you use Anti-Gravity Device, it makes what is ostensibly your own countdown tile take 4 turns longer. Dunno if I or She had control of the tile for real, though, since it got blown up by a match four before that could happen.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The best bug is when Ares kills himself using Sunder and the damage/heal tile is still generated.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Largepotato posted:

The best bug is when Ares kills himself using Sunder and the damage/heal tile is still generated.

And goes off killing you...which happened to me today!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Largepotato posted:

Only if it's on the enemy side right? Cause I swear I've seen mine break.

I lost out on the Grey Widow cover... Apparently I somehow lost 200 points in 5 minutes. I think I'll have crab for dinner as revenge.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
SOMEBODY ALREADY THREW UP A SHIELD IN THE SIMULATOR EVENT. THE ONE WITH 25 DAYS LEFT. :shepface:

AHAHAHAHA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sefer posted:

If they did that then alliances with fewer players would have an advantage, to the point that people who play a ton would probably want to be in a single person alliance so no one else drags them down. That would keep people from spending a bunch of HP to up their alliance size.

Then make it top 5 or something. Just something so that "top ranking alliances" wasn't synonymous with "20-slot zerg alliances".

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Arschlochkind posted:

SOMEBODY ALREADY THREW UP A SHIELD IN THE SIMULATOR EVENT. THE ONE WITH 25 DAYS LEFT. :shepface:

AHAHAHAHA

I bet they could make a killing on month long shields for like 10k hp.

Speaking of the new pvp event, aren't the points you get for a fight based on how many points your opponent has? What's going to happen when people have 6k+ points? If you think rubber banding is bad now...

But it does seem like a good way to get the progression rewards really quickly if you wait until the last day or two. All those 1 star covers seem like they'd add up to a decent chunk of iso, assuming you aren't otherwise interested in the event.

Bruceski posted:

Then make it top 5 or something. Just something so that "top ranking alliances" wasn't synonymous with "20-slot zerg alliances".

I think all they really need to do is loosen things up and make the reward brackets a little wider so more alliances can get in.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

Speaking of the new pvp event, aren't the points you get for a fight based on how many points your opponent has? What's going to happen when people have 6k+ points? If you think rubber banding is bad now...

The shield pvp in the prologue that's been running since release only has a high score of 1535, and no actual matches are occuring with the Season 1 score.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
With 5 opportunities for other people to crab you back down, I can't imagine anyone will ever come near a high enough score to make them rethink the rubber banding. Hopefully, the lack of progression would encourage them to come up with a better method.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

Shroud posted:

Metal Bawkses has an opening, if anyone still needs an alliance.

If you guys get another opening, I'll join and put down the HP for another spot.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Largepotato posted:

Top 10 in Punisher tourney.

Finally got the 5th green for GBW. :dance:

I got my lousy 4th green. So close to perfection. At least I have the max number of covers for leveling purposes. ISO is flying all over right now and she needs to feed!

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So Hired Goons is at 10/10 and would like to grow. Anyone want in? We are pretty consistently hitting the lower end of HP alliance rewards (50hp a pop), but this is a chill alliance for folk who just like to play. If you are willing to expand (currently 1100 HP) let me know and i'll get you in (have to kick someone temporarily)

With the new ISO daily rewards for alliance members if you aren't in one yet I'd suggest getting in

retro sexual fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 24, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Potator was kind enough to buy another slot for GoonStyle.

We're currently 11/12 and the next slot is 1300 HP. We're on the way to being a 20 member alliance and we normally do well enough to get some HP from the alliance rewards.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 24, 2014

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
God, I almost don't even want to touch the Hunt now. Also Hollowpoint Kiss is way more fun than it should be, especially with Oasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They really should revamp the non Oasis/Jungle areas. Arctic is decent but almost never shows up either. The city area is a joke. Yay 50 healing.