Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

ForeverSmug posted:

Back when he was leaked through the TRU computer, he was listed at $60. I wonder if that's still true?

He's listed at 60 pounds for the UK TRUs, so $60 doesn't seem too unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

He's listed at 60 pounds for the UK TRUs, so $60 doesn't seem too unlikely.

Considering you can buy a real Takara one on eBay for about £45, sometimes even with free shipping, that's pretty pricey.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
None of these reasons will stop the TRU toy hoarders.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Re. RiD - man, Optimus Prime is a dick. Smugly telling Thundercracker about Megatron then wrecking his house to boot. Also, if that's what the new Galavtron figure is going to look like then his fans have my sympathies 'cause that motherfucker is *ugly*.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Considering you can buy a real Takara one on eBay for about £45, sometimes even with free shipping, that's pretty pricey.

Yeah, 45 is definitely closer to the price I was expecting, but I guess Hasbro gonna Hasbro.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Can we have a separate Transformers thread for the comics? Some of us collect the toys and enjoy the fiction/shows and try to keep up on the comics when we can, but can't always buy them individually. And then every so often someone like this dude comes in and posts unmarked spoilers for them. I've spent over a hundred-something dollars on the recent TF series but recently I've had to allocate that cash towards other stuff and have been waiting for the collections to come out instead.

I just feel that the comics are a big enough thing now that they warrant their own thread, while every other aspect of the fandom is still a hefty enough subject that it can be its own thread too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

Can we have a separate Transformers thread for the comics? Some of us collect the toys and enjoy the fiction/shows and try to keep up on the comics when we can, but can't always buy them individually. And then every so often someone like this dude comes in and posts unmarked spoilers for them. I've spent over a hundred-something dollars on the recent TF series but recently I've had to allocate that cash towards other stuff and have been waiting for the collections to come out instead.

I just feel that the comics are a big enough thing now that they warrant their own thread, while every other aspect of the fandom is still a hefty enough subject that it can be its own thread too.

We are in the comics subforum, this is the Transformers thread. Dunno what to tell you man, maybe message a mod for permission to start that thread you want?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know it's the comics subforum, dude. There's also an action figures megathread here too, so it seems like it can be more than just comics all the time, really dorky stuff can fit too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

I know it's the comics subforum, dude. There's also an action figures megathread here too, so it seems like it can be more than just comics all the time, really dorky stuff can fit too.

Well sure, but this is the transformers thread and the thread title references MTMTE, a comic book. So you should probably ask for permission to start a TF toy thread, ask for enforcement of spoiler policy, or something more constructive than stating that comic readers should get out of this thread.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sorry if I upset you, I'm usually careful to ensure no major story developments or gasp-worthy moments are revealed but I'll just make every comics post into a CIA document from hereonin. Fact is though, there's no point in having a separate thread because it just won't get enough traffic and will almost certainly drop out of existence in short order.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Is there any of the 'old enough to have G1 Ultra Magnus' among us? I'm sure there is, because I was, and he looked like a statue with a White Prime. Did the trailer form over that Prime in G1?

I like the look of Citizen Stack and the MP, but not £140 Citizen or gently caress knows how much for the MP version.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Mods please move all Transformers toy threads to IYG.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Didn't even realize a new RID was coming out, but I just read it.
Some thoughts:

- agree that galvatron is busted, he wants so badly to be megatron
- seriously feeling pity for thundercracker (he has a dog!?)
- artists could use some more practice on human faces, marrisa faireborn looks pretty silly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

None of these reasons will stop the TRU toy hoarders.

I witnessed a man today buying 8 whirls and a few double dealers.

I was pleased that Double Dealer was at least on the shelf for even a brief moment.

All the while he was glaring at other shoppers if they stepped too close to his cart of plenty. I stood behind him at checkout because for whatever reason he wanted to checkout at the videogame section despite not buying any videogames.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

What disappoints me is that we already had a Spotlight: Thundercracker, so odds are against an issue focused solely on the stories of a jet and his dog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, 45 is definitely closer to the price I was expecting, but I guess Hasbro gonna Hasbro.

I really like the new MP packaging so I want it. That Grimlock too if it ever shows up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

XavierGenisi posted:

What disappoints me is that we already had a Spotlight: Thundercracker, so odds are against an issue focused solely on the stories of a jet and his dog.

The dog dies and thundercracker forces a lesser transformer to scan the alt mode so that they'll be together forever.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

Is there any of the 'old enough to have G1 Ultra Magnus' among us? I'm sure there is, because I was, and he looked like a statue with a White Prime. Did the trailer form over that Prime in G1?

I like the look of Citizen Stack and the MP, but not £140 Citizen or gently caress knows how much for the MP version.

MP Ultra Magnus' MSRP is $194, so only about $50 more than Stack.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

Plenty old enough to have G1 Ultra Magnus. He was a brick, but no more a brick than, say, Powermaster Prime, who was just a more advanced version of the same gimmick. Like the combiners before him, Magnus in his G1 toy form just had a Voltron-esque "I am not left-handed!" element to him with his powered-up mode, and that was cool.

As far as I can remember, no official fiction in any form referenced or hinted at Magnus being a white Optimus in armor until the Dreamwave comics. After which it seems like HasTak went "Oh poo poo, that's right!" and the flood of white Prime repaints began.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Photos of the new MP Magnus pretty much confirm that like Citizen Stack, he has no white Prime inside and I'm really disappointed. :(

I know MPs are based off the animation models, but they're also billed as the "definitive" versions of a character, and I have a hard time seeing this as the definitve G1 Magnus when one of the original toy's coolest features is gone. Soundwave and Prime retained all the functionality of the originals and I've waited for an MP Prime to get the Magus armor ever since that white MP-01 repaint, so this is a real bummer for me.

He still looks good and way better than the KFC one, but as somebody who really loved the original toy and combining\armor gimmicks in general this really kinda sucks.

I probably sound like a big whiny baby tfw poster right about now. Talk about first world problems.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

No, I'm also pretty disappointed by the lack of white Prime. I was hoping they could pull off some kind of ingenious solution that made both modes fully articulated and awesome, but I guess they decided to punt. Still, they are flattening the cab an impressive amount in robot mode, so at least he doesn't have the Citizen Stack "PUT THE CUBE IN MY CHEST" thing going on.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

No, I'm also pretty disappointed by the lack of white Prime. I was hoping they could pull off some kind of ingenious solution that made both modes fully articulated and awesome, but I guess they decided to punt. Still, they are flattening the cab an impressive amount in robot mode, so at least he doesn't have the Citizen Stack "PUT THE CUBE IN MY CHEST" thing going on.

It's probably because if they DID include a white MP-10, it would be prohibitively expensive and his articulation would likely suffer in combined mode but frankly I wouldn't have minded so much. I like Ultra Magnus and his G1 toy so much I'd have put aside other things to get it.

It doesn't even look like MP-10 can pull his trailer, because there's no clearence for Prime's really fat legs \ back of the truck. So there's no real chance they'll ever do a "complete" version later on.

His is a million times better than Citizen Stack, though. I really dislike the arm spikes and the horrible hollow cab that one has.

This is the first time I've been disappointed with a Masterpiece toy since Rodimus. Every MP since MP-10 has been drat near perfect.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

:getin:

That looks great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TheDK posted:

:getin:

That looks great.

Seriously. I'm stoked for that Magnus. :dance:

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Man, the threads about the Generations deluxes delay over at TFW are pretty terrible. I know I shouldn't expect otherwise but those guys just floor me time and time again with how they act.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Other posted:

Man, the threads about the Generations deluxes delay over at TFW are pretty terrible. I know I shouldn't expect otherwise but those guys just floor me time and time again with how they act.
Pull some funny quotes please. Also what happened with this?

Also I like the look of that Magnus, but I would have been happy with the other ideal as well so maybe I'm just easy to please.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Has anyone figured out what the deal with the horrible skeleton face in the corner is? It looks like he has a swappable faceplate like MP Bumblebee, but I don't know what other face Ultra Magnus would need. The main headsculpt looks pretty spot-on, and Magnus has never had a battle mask or anything.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

^^^ Apparenly Magnus has a regular Magnus face and an "MP-10 face" under the helmet too. ^^^

Spiderdrake posted:

Pull some funny quotes please. Also what happened with this?

Also I like the look of that Magnus, but I would have been happy with the other ideal as well so maybe I'm just easy to please.

quote:

Goddammit, gently caress you hasbro..

You said we would get Generations toys...

Let me guess, Now none of them will come out at all because of the movies..
The loving movies...

gently caress This poo poo.

They need to learn what collecter means. We can all order these loving things online,
Or at a special store... But Nope, gotta cancel them...

Will they ever see Brick and Mortar? Will they? Swerve won't Tailgate won't Windblade won't...

Now Crosscut won't. And it's all because of their obsession with money, Because they know their Child demographic is falling.. And they shove out the only demographic that won't leave them..

gently caress this.

"Cancelled" Just means won't show up at this point..

That is just the third reply.

OOPS I GUESS GENERATIONS AS WE KNOW IT IS OVER -FOREVER-

edit: haha here's some more:

quote:

The best way to tell them what is important to Transformers Fans, is to show them with purchasing power. Leave that Michael Bay movie crap on the shelves and wait until they produce decent toys again. I myself will be laughing at all the peg warmers left on the shelves while I save my money and spend it on the cool masterpiece Transformers and 3rd party items. If this is how they are going to treat loyal fans, they deserve to have quarterly loses over and over again until the execs loss their jobs.

quote:

Agree. Let's show Hasbro who's boss. They seem to forget they answer to us. Let's not buy any Transformers toys to the point of company losses, so the entire Transformers line is in doubt. We'll take them to the brink and show them nobody buys the hideous movie toys.

quote:

Don't worry worse case scenario takara will release her, afterall its only "hasblo" that screws up

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 24, 2014

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Man, I'm disappointed that we don't have a white Magnus as well but I'm happy I didn't bite the bullet on Stack at least.

It's such a cocktease though, seeing Prime's cab sitting there but being unable to transform. I'm really curious about how they've engineered it now. I also wonder if it can be removed?

Anyway in Takara I trust, I didn't even mind Rodimus that much so I'm sure I'll be satisfied with Magnus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

That is just the third reply.

OOPS I GUESS GENERATIONS AS WE KNOW IT IS OVER -FOREVER-

edit: haha here's some more:

Like, these people do know that children and teenagers are the main buyers of these toys. Right?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Not the teenagers. Video games happened and kind of killed that market to the point that the collectors' importance went up drastically. Our importance is still marginal, at best, compared to little kids.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Like, these people do know that children and teenagers are the main buyers of these toys. Right?

Children yes, teenagers, no. Kids are getting out of toys younger and younger. Hasbro pretty much admitted that the 10-18 demographic is just gone. Video games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
What's this about the Generations deluxe delay or whatever?

Am I going to have to spend 100 bucks for a rattrap or something?

*edit*

Oh they're just redoing case ratios so they wouldn't be craptastic and Crosscut is getting extra QC and moved to a different wave or whatever.

Generations isn't canceled, but lord help them if they put the figures in some HFTD type line which requires me to purchase all the movies figures I don't want because of my completionism.

You know how many target Exclusives I had to get? Like 5 and there were walmart exclusives too, and they all were awful. I had to use coupons and cut them out myself, it was savage and brutal.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 24, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

No, Rattrap and Tankor are still coming. Crosscut is getting shuffled into some later wave along with Arcee an Chromia (and I guess Skids and Waspinator second run?). Oh and Wingblade, almost forgot her.

Voyager-wise Roadbuster and Sky-byte are still coming as planned I think. Jetfire, who knows.

All of this is, of course, because Hasbro hates the collectors and wants to kill classics Generations forever. It's Cosmos' fault.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

No, Rattrap and Tankor are still coming. Crosscut is getting shuffled into some later wave along with Arcee an Chromia (and I guess Skids and Waspinator second run?). Oh and Wingblade, almost forgot her.

Voyager-wise Roadbuster and Sky-byte are still coming as planned I think. Jetfire, who knows.

All of this is, of course, because Hasbro hates the collectors and wants to kill classics Generations forever. It's Cosmos' fault.

I'm fine with them spacing poo poo out so retailers don't have to choose ordering movie stuff over generations. I really did not care all that much about Crosscut to begin with because Generations has enough regular vehicles and needs more poo poo like monsters and weird space beasts to give it that authentic late 1980's feel.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It seems like Hasbro's just really far behind their planned schedule for Generations and had to push stuff back past the movie blitz in Q2 and Q3. Hardly surprising to see TFW losing their poo poo as usual, of course. I love the "MOVIE TOYS CANCELING GENERATIONS" screaming when the most significant cancellations of recent years were the last wave of DotM Deluxes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

It seems like Hasbro's just really far behind their planned schedule for Generations and had to push stuff back past the movie blitz in Q2 and Q3. Hardly surprising to see TFW losing their poo poo as usual, of course. I love the "MOVIE TOYS CANCELING GENERATIONS" screaming when the most significant cancellations of recent years were the last wave of DotM Deluxes.

Yeah there's only going to be 18 movie generations figures released in total in 2014. It's not going to be like the other three movies where you were just saturated in crap of all types.

I just hope that Non-Movie generations doesn't use the same packaging style as movie generations down the road. They need to have a space background and glowing grids, if it's that clean white with red font like the movie dudes it's going to look like that awful Star Wars packaging where it looks like it should belong in an Apple Store. I see that the Masterpeices like Grimlock are already being packaged that way.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just hope that Non-Movie generations doesn't use the same packaging style as movie generations down the road. They need to have a space background and glowing grids, if it's that clean white with red font like the movie dudes it's going to look like that awful Star Wars packaging where it looks like it should belong in an Apple Store. I see that the Masterpeices like Grimlock are already being packaged that way.

You sure you aren't Vaerai Archon? really?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

What's this about the Generations deluxe delay or whatever?

Am I going to have to spend 100 bucks for a rattrap or something?

*edit*

Oh they're just redoing case ratios so they wouldn't be craptastic and Crosscut is getting extra QC and moved to a different wave or whatever.

Generations isn't canceled, but lord help them if they put the figures in some HFTD type line which requires me to purchase all the movies figures I don't want because of my completionism.

You know how many target Exclusives I had to get? Like 5 and there were walmart exclusives too, and they all were awful. I had to use coupons and cut them out myself, it was savage and brutal.

This post is funny to me because a page or two back you bitched about the price of Masterpiece figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Well sure, but this is the transformers thread and the thread title references MTMTE, a comic book. So you should probably ask for permission to start a TF toy thread, ask for enforcement of spoiler policy, or something more constructive than stating that comic readers should get out of this thread.
Waterhaul's official policy on starting new threads is :justpost: so asking is probably unnecessary.

Also, G1 Ultra Magnus was one of the few G1 TFs I can remember having as a kid (along with a bunch of Micromasters and a random Terrorcon), so I'm really interested in a good MP version.