Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Screenshot pls :v:. I can't wait the 10+ hours until I can get on my warrior to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ahahaha

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Oh man, I have a new outfit I need to get.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

quote:

* Rejoice! Mounts are much more likely to stay on terrain rather than flying up into the air when they move over a bump.

Crocnard back in business

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
I haven't been around as much lately (a combination of burnout / etc) but I just wanted to let people know that if they need me I'm usually reachable on steam / bnet (marhom#1228) and if I'm around / not busy I'll gladly help with whatever.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Crocnard back in business

Reason to log back in!

my pet monster
Sep 22, 2008

and sometimes when you fall, you fly
Character name is Vogelchen, need a guild invite please. Thanks goons. :unsmith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

This game needs like, a hair ribbon bonnet thing. I don't have specific reasons for this or any problems, okay?

EDIT: Thanks Tsu for helping me find a broom. I literally transferred my mage to Greybriar solely to bring a broom to that shard because there were none on the AH on Greybriar.

I'm going to pretend that my wavelength rotation is a magic cannon now :3:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 25, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
T3 is striking me as Naxxramas 1.0 all over again: The raid nobody will do because there aren't enough people that can even clear the tier before it.

I hope they weren't expecting the incredibly expensive T2 bundles to solve that problem.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 27, 2014

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

T3 is striking me as Naxxramas 1.0 all over again: The raid nobody will do because there aren't enough people that can even clear the tier before it.

I hope they weren't expecting the incredibly expensive T2 bundles to solve that problem.

One of the reasons the game is bleeding people is because T1 -> T2 -> T3 is causing exclusions across the player base, even within guild (hello GA, looking at you). There's some great things about Rift, but the raid / raid stat enablement mechanic isn't one of them.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

I guess part of me is hoping that they're holding off on token mudflation for 2.7, along with the real T3 armor models. If not, then it's going to be one giant "gently caress it" until the next expansion.

e: Finished the mayhem quest. Crate had an 80% XP vial, some lovely blue gloves, and a couple hundred warlord marks and infinity stones. Crates suck. This event sucks.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 29, 2014

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Decairn posted:

One of the reasons the game is bleeding people is because T1 -> T2 -> T3 is causing exclusions across the player base, even within guild (hello GA, looking at you). There's some great things about Rift, but the raid / raid stat enablement mechanic isn't one of them.

I am still a weapons worth of hit away from T2s. I just got tired of grinding Dragon Queen for my staff so I just quit and moved to Marvel Heroes.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

LordNat posted:

I am still a weapons worth of hit away from T2s. I just got tired of grinding Dragon Queen for my staff so I just quit and moved to Marvel Heroes.

They need to increase the number of drops in FT/EE and lower the stupid price of weapons from the store so new people can get into T2 easier.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Grittykitty posted:

They need to increase the number of drops in FT/EE and lower the stupid price of weapons from the store so new people can get into T2 easier.

They just need to remove hit gates and just keep damage/hp gates. I have the DPS on Mage to run T2s the only thing I am lacking is the hit to deal that DPS.
I'd not mind a double drops and no less locks week for T1s. Unlimited runs with twice the drops on all bosses for a week so people can get into the door of T2 and maybe dream of T3.
I know drat sure if I came back and played even 6+ hours a day my odds of seeing T3 before the next exp park is almost nill.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I got my warrior T2 ready in about like, a month of serious play. I mean, I had it idling at about 450 hit or so for months before then but it's doable if you have the right resources.

But given that gear treadmill is a nontrivial part of trion's model I don't think they're necessarily going to do anything about FT/EE drops any more. Realistically making RIC's relevant was a nice enough move already since it incentivizes people who have no need for any drops from those instances to do anything.

I don't think gear is a real issue - I remember when I was playing catch-up when I started playing and I pretty much never got weapon upgrades for months but then I still couldn't beat Detective on Ituziel :argh:. I'm trying not to be disingenuous when I say that players just aren't patient enough compared to how they were a year or two ago (I started playing about 2 years ago) but maybe it's Trion who should adapt to that and not players.

I do think that requiring achievements to do pug runs is kind of silly but really the playerbase just isn't there to vet pug players and the guild structure across the whole game is pretty crazy. I mean, like, there's just so much raw talent any more and as the game's population continues to dwindle it'll just exacerbate. There's still a top end but it's nowhere near as healthy as it was at SL launch (just look at EU guild counts and clear times going from FT to EE compared to NA guild counts and clear times).

LordNat posted:

They just need to remove hit gates and just keep damage/hp gates. I have the DPS on Mage to run T2s the only thing I am lacking is the hit to deal that DPS.
I'd not mind a double drops and no less locks week for T1s. Unlimited runs with twice the drops on all bosses for a week so people can get into the door of T2 and maybe dream of T3.
I know drat sure if I came back and played even 6+ hours a day my odds of seeing T3 before the next exp park is almost nill.

When you say you have the DPS but you don't have the hit that honestly raises some skepticism on my part, but I'm a really spergy minmaxer. What exactly are you calling the necessary DPS here? If you really have the proper DPS, why not just rune up the last pieces of hit? The 78 hit ring also isn't that crazy to farm compared to 65 hit weapons off the store.

I was in a similar place pre-SL when ID launched, and while Goonsquad was a lot more active back then, the number of bosses with actual drops for warrior hit, keeping in mind that 2 hander vs dual wield was relevant for different warrior specs back then, was about the same and I did ID (old world tier 3) with hit runes for the longest time and still maintained decent DPS. If hit is the only thing you're missing, rune for it, anyone who knows what they're doing running a raid should be able to judge if your dps is appropriate. Endurance ends up being a bigger concern usually, but even then 25k with raid buffs is enough for anything puggable in tier 2.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 29, 2014

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

LordNat posted:

I'd not mind a double drops

As long as they don't do those stupid loving chests again and call it double loot.

Because of the times I'm available to raid I'm stuck in a guild that's in a never ending loop of just almost getting to T2 but never quite having enough people to do it. Sounds a lot like GS I guess now that I think about it. Spend a couple of weeks gearing up a couple new people only to have others leave/quit because they're tired of running TDQ/IDH/FT/EE for the 1000th time. Repeat ad nauseum.

Torvan rep is probably the biggest cockblock in the game right now.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Whats the block on Torvan other than someone's personal time? Its easy sauce, there's always a group running, and no entry barrier to group up other than level 60. Even easier now with rep vials and daily quests up the wazoo to stack each day.

Raids require exactly 10 or 20 like people, plus with pubbie raids a stupid achieve because oh god we cant let anyone learn the fight or be 'carried'. And raids give a bigger gear increase than any other avenue. So I'd say raids are the biggest cock-block right now for personal progression.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Grittykitty posted:

They made it slightly easier with the ring upgrade, an easily-overlooked side effect of which is that the upgraded ring and the non-upgraded ring can be equipped at the same time.

Zoness posted:

But given that gear treadmill is a nontrivial part of trion's model I don't think they're necessarily going to do anything about FT/EE drops any more.
The gear treadmill is only a good idea if people are getting geared at faster than attrition rate.

WoW during WotLK (can't speak for later expansions) basically spoon-fed people gear to get most of the playerbase geared for ICC and was a lot healthier in the later days of that expansion because of it.

quote:

I don't think gear is a real issue
It's hard enough to get people with the gear for Goloch, Salvarola is a pretty big gear check, and everything else needs 20 people with 520 hit which is fairly difficult for people not doing at least FT/IDH/TDQ weekly.

Decairn posted:

Whats the block on Torvan other than someone's personal time?
I'd agree with Torvan being a pretty big cockblock in that it's basically just an enormous timesink between you and a huge slab of stats.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

It's hard enough to get people with the gear for Goloch, Salvarola is a pretty big gear check, and everything else needs 20 people with 520 hit which is fairly difficult for people not doing at least FT/IDH/TDQ weekly.

I don't think Goloch was ever a gear check and Salvarola isn't really one any more. Although I've never done salv progression in anything worse than like full relic t1 (salv was a lot harder back then). I'd argue most people who aren't clearing salv are failing on issues that aren't gear at this point, assuming full t1.

Granted, if you're not farming t1 regularly, getting full t1 is pretty daunting.

But realistically, Goloch was never a gear check because if you had gear for Matriarch you had the gear for Goloch.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Granted, if you're not farming t1 regularly, getting full t1 is pretty daunting.

this is the biggest problem imo, the acquisition rate for previous tier gear is prohibitive at best

you might remember we recruited a new warrior (fahjah) a while ago; after training him it took us just over a month of full clearing t1/t2 every week to get him ready for t3. iirc he also didnt manage to get a t2 relic until last week, when bugmasher finally dropped. and this only happened because the only warrior that still needs t2 gear (carbomb) is away for a few weeks! we already had 6 good warriors + roughraptors so another warrior isnt a big deal. but if we lose a cleric or a especially a mage (considering we have 4/5 competent mages at best) it would take close to a month to gear them out; a month of having a gear handicapped player who will most likely have to eat a defiler link or a ton of endurance gear just to stay alive.

other people we've recruited in the same position have quit pretty quickly; the prospect of spending a month or more unable to see new content can burn you out. this is with a roster of roughly 30 players, 25 of which are as close to bis t2 geared as possible. imagine the impact on a guild without that kind of roster.

OneEightHundred posted:

They made it slightly easier with the ring upgrade, an easily-overlooked side effect of which is that the upgraded ring and the non-upgraded ring can be equipped at the same time.

The gear treadmill is only a good idea if people are getting geared at faster than attrition rate.

more casual guilds dont typically clear the whole previous tier before the next one is out; a lot of guilds managed to kill breaker/eggs before killing reggie, and many are farming the t3 minis without killing volan/inyr/abominus. the hit requirements for t3 are indeed a manifestation of people getting geared slower than the attrition rate. there's a few solutions for this (ie make the minis require 570 hit or something) but most likely trion will just continue the way they have historically, and the number of guilds raiding each successive tier will continue to shrink. i think if that kind of design philosophy continues i wont stick around for 3.0, because the grind has drat near burned me out.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
I hit level 28 last night. So i'm so much closer to helping you guys out with those raids. And marginally closer to knowing wtf you guys are even talking about when referencing said raids.

James Caan
Jul 31, 2006
Caan Artists, Inc.
Hey could I get guild invites for me (Whimsey) and partner (Mudje). Thanks!

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
They released prices for the new souls coming next week. That's not terrible.

4500 credits patron.
5000 credits non patron.

That's about $30 for patron and $35 for non-patron. Alternatively 3500-4000 plat if you're buying Rex off the auction.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I honestly had assumed that the new souls would be a free upgrade; you know, to bring people back to the game instead of potentially pissing them off.

I'm getting bitter, watch me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Will they be coming packaged with the expansion?

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The 3.0 expansion (level cap, zones, content) is going to be free - the souls are the only locked bits.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Steely Glint posted:

The 3.0 expansion (level cap, zones, content) is going to be free - the souls are the only locked bits.

They're basically paying for the expansion by charging for the souls.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Grittykitty posted:

They released prices for the new souls coming next week. That's not terrible.

4500 credits patron.
5000 credits non patron.

That's about $30 for patron and $35 for non-patron. Alternatively 3500-4000 plat if you're buying Rex off the auction.

That's not that too bad considering the expansion is gonna be free.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

as a cleric I would be happy to not pay $ for a role that can be easily filled by a bard and I never really cared for all that much

I laugh at all the mages that will have to pay the money if they want that sweet mage tank role

I just hope oracle isn't a really good sub for defiler

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

as a cleric I would be happy to not pay $ for a role that can be easily filled by a bard and I never really cared for all that much

I laugh at all the mages that will have to pay the money if they want that sweet mage tank role

I just hope oracle isn't a really good sub for defiler

Bro oracle makes bard look like poo poo.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 1, 2014

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Bro oracle makes bard look like poo poo.

I'm still mad about it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hammerknell is funny when you're a cleric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMIrM-pqpzk

I really need to start recording at a better quality though.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
Anyone have any advice or good guide links for Warrior tanking at lower levels (~30). I tried my hand at "looking for a group" which set me up as a tank, only to find out I know nothing about tanking cause i'm a complete noob and killed my team in the dungeon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

bEatmstrJ posted:

Anyone have any advice or good guide links for Warrior tanking at lower levels (~30). I tried my hand at "looking for a group" which set me up as a tank, only to find out I know nothing about tanking cause i'm a complete noob and killed my team in the dungeon.

Primalthirst has a pretty good reaver leveling guide.

Although paladin is really easy mode tanking for the most part imo and I wouldn't do anything at level 60 that you don't outgear significantly in specs that aren't paladin. But you should be warned about my tanking abilities in general.

Also with regards to oracle as a defiler subsoul - if you're using defiler as a healer 61 Defiler / 10 Sentinel / 5 oracle (or something like that) will be better than inquisitor offsoul (unless 2% spell power is removed from the base level of the oracle soul tree) but it will lose 3% endurance compared to 61 Defiler / 9 Sentinel / 6 Inquisitor. It'll be less dps than Inquisitor variants, although minmaxed Defiler dps specs are generally the Dark Water variant or the Tidal Surge variants.

CornbeefAndCabbage
Feb 20, 2006
Spin round' the carousel
So does anyone have any insight into why Amory jacked 3k plat from the guild bank? Was it hers originally or is something else going on?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

CornbeefAndCabbage posted:

So does anyone have any insight into why Amory jacked 3k plat from the guild bank? Was it hers originally or is something else going on?

we have (had) plat in the guild bank?

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
$30 for souls isn't bad, I was expecting more than that! Still not going to grab them right now, but eh.

That new macro interface looks really, really good.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Turns out that getting the bonus tokens in the Hammerknell chronicle doesn't actually require clearing the opening corridor, just killing something in the first 3-mob trash pack right at the door and getting locked to the instance, so it's probably a good thing to do every day even for people that hate chronicles.

necrotic posted:

we have (had) plat in the guild bank?
There's a perk that automatically adds 3% of any coin loot anyone gets to the gbank, so yeah.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

marhom posted:

That new macro interface looks really, really good.

What does it look like? There aren't any screenshots in the discussion thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

What does it look like? There aren't any screenshots in the discussion thread.

I would have taken a screenshot but I found this one on the rift forums so I didn't have to take my own screenshot!

• Locked thread