Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

david carmichael posted:

i like that for the upcoming bad fight night, there are seven ranked fighters. between 13 fights. three of them are in the top ten, the highest ranked fighter will be opening the televised prelims, one top ten guy will be headling and the other top ten guy will be on the untelevised prelims. there are no interesting prospects except smolka and maybe erik silva if you are being generous. good stuff.

I think you're forgetting the fastest rising heavyweight, Soa "the Hulk" Palelei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Man, I though he got cut for some reason.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Bubba Smith posted:

Gustafsson is still going to fight the winner of Jones/Teixeira, and Hendo/Cormier will fight the winner of that. I'd assume that the Gustafsson fight will be targeted for Labor Day weekend as UFC has tried to book Jones on that card 3 years in a row, and then the next match will go on next year's Super Bowl card.

So the winner of DC/Hendo is going to sit out for almost a year waiting for their title shot? Awesome.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
After the kip up I'm pretty sure Werdum is going to be the fastest rising heavyweight of all time. I have a feeling Marcus Jones from TUF10 might have beat him out when he talked about how he jumped off the houses couch when he saw a spider but there's no footage so no deal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I....I don't know. I don't want to see Hendo get squashed but if he somehow pulled it off it'd mean he'd get a title shot which would be The Raddest Thing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Seltzer posted:

Man, I though he got cut for some reason.

the Hulk? The man is undefeated* and is actually getting in shape. He's the real Travis Browne

Meat Recital posted:

So the winner of DC/Hendo is going to sit out for almost a year waiting for their title shot? Awesome.

That's not bad considering both guys still managed to fight twice this year and in case of Dan Henderson, he only has a few fights left in his life anyway.

A guy sitting out for a year is bad when it's Gilbert Melendo and there are guys, perhaps a dagestani grappling guy, he should be fighting.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I....I don't know. I don't want to see Hendo get squashed but if he somehow pulled it off it'd mean he'd get a title shot which would be The Raddest Thing.

I don't think DC will squash Hendo. Hendo did get crushed by Vitor but just before that he had back-to-back close rear end decisions against Rashad and Machida. I see it playing out like those fights or perhaps more lopsided like DC/Roy. And we have yet to see anyone land a big shot on DC, and well, AKA did ruin Gray's chin so maybe...

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I doubt Henderson is going to be upright long enough to land a punch on Cormier.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's a lot of Pan American medals between two dudes.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lloyd Boner posted:

I don't think DC will squash Hendo. Hendo did get crushed by Vitor but just before that he had back-to-back close rear end decisions against Rashad and Machida. I see it playing out like those fights or perhaps more lopsided like DC/Roy. And we have yet to see anyone land a big shot on DC, and well, AKA did ruin Gray's chin so maybe...

Hendo was within a fly's pube of getting finished in the second Rua fight, and while it's debatable who hits harder between Rua and Cormier, Cormier is the cleaner fighter and will be in a better position to hit Hendo hard (postured up on top of him)

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

raingwc posted:

Hendo vs DC as UFC 173 co-main event

My life will now be complete as I will witness Hendo live

If you want to see a live Hendo, this is probably a bad time.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Chexoid posted:

If you want to see a live Hendo, this is probably a bad time.

Well it might be the last times to see him live.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt's UFC run has made some loving incredible photos

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
ordem e excuso

quote:

"It's hard to talk about that fight," Barboza said. "I knew I had everything to win that fight. I came hard to finish it. I wanted that win so bad. But God knows everything. I blinked at the exact time that he punched, so I didn't see the blow. If I had see it, he wouldn't have dropped me."

cerrone jabs basically at the speed of light, it's impossible to defeat such a foe

Fl0yd
Apr 30, 2004

Judge Judy and executioner?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwB7GdtX5Y

Fight flashback of Jones v Gustafsson

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
prrrrrrrretty sure Mike Goldberg warned everyone, including the home television audience, not to blink during that fight. Next excuse please.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
its sad that barboza has the great combination of hittable + bad chin

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

ordem e excuso

cerrone jabs basically at the speed of light, it's impossible to defeat such a foe

"I had hay fever and sneezed right as he shot in for the double, so that's like twelve different kinds of bullshit"

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

for real tho, that girl is real big

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Can someone give me a legit explanation of whats going on in that pic because Bigfoot with tits doesnt seem correct.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
How long is Rashad supposed to be out for? Doesn't make sense that Hendo could potentially leapfrog him for a title shot when he just lost to him last June.

I mean, nobody wants to see Jones vs. Evans II, but I don't think anyone wants to see Aldo/Mendes II and it looks like that is going to happen.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
then again Rashad has pulled out of his fights with Rua & Cormier, the two guys Hendo has been willing to fight, so

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

but I don't think anyone wants to see Aldo/Mendes II and it looks like that is going to happen.

This is so wrong I can hardly believe you posted it.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

SquirrelGrip posted:

Can someone give me a legit explanation of whats going on in that pic because Bigfoot with tits doesnt seem correct.

Turns out Wanderlei is actually four foot eight and one hundred and ten pounds.

Which means the teenagers he beats up are actually toddlers. Truly he is history's greatest monster.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

SquirrelGrip posted:

Gabrielle Garcia

She's legit talented although obviously being huge doesn't hurt either.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

-Atom- posted:

This is so wrong I can hardly believe you posted it.

Agreed, Mendes was doing well in their first round, eating too many leg kicks, but doing well, Aldo should've had a point deducted after he was holding the fence for dear life. I can't wait to see their rematch.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVmYRFKmHE

lol

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Disgusting Coward posted:

Turns out Wanderlei is actually four foot eight and one hundred and ten pounds.

Which means the teenagers he beats up are actually toddlers. Truly he is history's greatest monster.

Horrific turn of events, such a bad man, Pride never die etc

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

:eyepop:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I don't think anyone wants to see Aldo/Mendes II and it looks like that is going to happen.

Ahem. That's a fight I do want to see. I'd love it both fighters cheat this time.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Excellent come from behind victory after missing the first one, truly a warrior.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

SquirrelGrip posted:

Now you know why he needs TRT

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Does this mean MMA is finally mainstream now?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Solomonic posted:

Now you know why he needs TRT

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

Gabrielle Garcia

She's legit talented although obviously being huge doesn't hurt either.

quote:

*Stripped out of her titles in 2013 due to the use of PED’s.

:wth:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

I can just picture Dana and Lorenzo getting drunk together coming up with this.

"Oh God, we still have Cung Le under contract."
"What's the most humiliating thing we can make him do for money?"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

K8.0 posted:

I can just picture Dana and Lorenzo getting drunk together coming up with this.

"Oh God, we still have Cung Le under contract."
"What's the most humiliating thing we can make him do for money?"

The most humiliating thing that they had him do was to be the de facto director of TUF China.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mercy, how could they have thought to accuse such a waif of abusing PEDs?

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

Can't wait to see Gabriel Gonzaga's one weird trick for crushing 100 eggs in one minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Trast posted:

Mercy, how could they have thought to accuse such a waif of abusing PEDs?

She didn't really abuse PEDs, she tested positive for a fertility drug that happens to be on the banned substance list. The USADA more or less stated that she was probably using it for legitimate reasons, but Rules are Rules so they had to strip her of the title. She didn't get any kind of suspension for it.

• Locked thread