Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

Wait, Scott took Todd Glass' timeslot? What a jerk!

Marc-Maron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Excuse me, where is that beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Punch Card posted:

Excuse me, where is that beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep?

Cut. I think we got it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
BEEF: NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Aww sookie sookie now.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Speaking of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, does anyone know which episode has Scott "finding" the uncensored version of Beep by the Pussycat Dolls?

Also, I wonder if this newest CBB was Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham writing out every character from the Womplerverse except Wompler, Listler, and Seth, or if those other characters will show up again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ep. 61 with Jimmy Pardo and Rory Scovel. Here's the bit itself.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Thanks, I was trying to figure out who the other voice in that clip is besides Scott and Jimmy.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

piratepilates posted:

I half remember this episode of a podcast that I'm pretty sure is CBB but I can't find it and it's really bugging me.

I remember it seemed to have a few guests (more than two or so) and seemed like it was a live atmosphere (may not have been live, but it felt like it wasn't the regular focused studio episode with only one or two guests, so a live show or something like a Christmas episode). The part that stands out in my mind was one of the people on it was a youngish comedian who for some reason talked for a while about being raised with strict parents or something and turning 21 or so and losing his virginity and going on to do standup.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about or am I just going crazy in the head.

By the way this was Tommy Johnagin on WTFpod, episode 292, my description was almost completely off other than the inclusion of sex and that I had a feeling it was a guy in glasses.

I was playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 when I first heard it if you wanted to know.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Wompler's favorite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hxb821mQbs

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic

piratepilates posted:

By the way this was Tommy Johnagin on WTFpod, episode 292, my description was almost completely off other than the inclusion of sex and that I had a feeling it was a guy in glasses.

I was playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 when I first heard it if you wanted to know.

really? i don't know if i've listened to his episode of WTF but when he was on YMIW from what i recall, he talked about how he had a weird sort of deadbear burnout dad who was really permissive and it led to a lot of weird poo poo happening at a young age. or maybe it's just two sides to the same story. i'll have to go back and listen to both, Tommy Johnagin is hilarious.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Fieryspork posted:

really? i don't know if i've listened to his episode of WTF but when he was on YMIW from what i recall, he talked about how he had a weird sort of deadbear burnout dad who was really permissive and it led to a lot of weird poo poo happening at a young age. or maybe it's just two sides to the same story. i'll have to go back and listen to both, Tommy Johnagin is hilarious.

For some reason I thought the story was about him being raised in a strict or religious household and losing his virginity in the story.

Turns out it was just about having sex with a girl and then something about a pastor and now I can't even remember what the point of the story was but it was not at all like what I remembered in my head.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fieryspork posted:

Wait, wasn't it Jon Gabrus who had the weird dad who goes to clubs and is into drugs and bondage? Maybe Johnagin had something similar, never heard his stuff.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

"The idea of an all new Maron delights me, because I'm sick of the old one."

I think that settles it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

BEEF VANISHED.

BEEF OVER

Fieryspork posted:

I've also noticed that Scott's mentions of Maron's show have continually escalated in their level of passive aggression. I can't imagine that they're actually friends but they're in the same business and they have an understanding. if you listen to their discussions on the podcasts they've done together Marc has always been a condescending dick, just like he is to all sketch/improv performers, and has done stuff in the past like try to get 5 minutes on the booked, live, CDR show back when it was all stand up and then do 25 minutes and then just get off stage and shrug. I think a lot of this came out on the last live WTF Scott was on and also included Scott mentioning that before the show Marc barbed him with something along the lines of "am i going to get anything real out of you or are you just going to do bits?" so yeah. Marc Maron is still a gigantic rear end in a top hat regardless of his current mental state and just because it's occasionally mutually beneficial to do a podcast together doesn't mean you have to like or be thrilled about each others work.
I don't know if you listened to the "serious" CBB with Maron, but they seemed to be respectful professionals, not really close friends. I remember hearing that Amy Poehler WTF and it was mostly Amy talking about how much Marc used to hate her and the UCB, and still seemed to be hurt by it.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Jerry Minor coming to the CBB show! The podcast too hopefully.
Does anyone know the story there? Did Earwolf and Minor have a falling out after the Cyber Thug podcast fiasco? I remember seeing something on the Earwolf forums about there being some unpleasantness.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think both parties wanted different things out of the deal and it caused them to go separate ways. If there was any unpleasantness it was gotten over as I believe Ulrich is on the episode of CTT that's on the earwolf store to buy.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Out of all the Cyber Thug stuff the thing that stays with me the most is confusion over who Miles Archer really is.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Blew my mind that that was just some white dude

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I still can't wrap my loving head around that, yeah. Like, what is that guy's deal?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
At first I thought there was some stellar character work going on but then some of his offhand comments about jail seemed too real, so I don't know what the gently caress to think.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

This may well already have been posted here, but I just found a Youtube video of Scott's appearance on Fox News' Red Eye wherein he adopts a hyperconservative loudmouth for the entire show. Needless to say, it's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KADM64BJPA

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I made it two segments into this thing, is anyone not doing a character?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

I made it two segments into this thing, is anyone not doing a character?

Well I think Greg Gutfeld is now legitimate as a midday foxnews host

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

This may well already have been posted here, but I just found a Youtube video of Scott's appearance on Fox News' Red Eye wherein he adopts a hyperconservative loudmouth for the entire show. Needless to say, it's hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KADM64BJPA

This is extremely worth watching

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Kinda funny to see Scott joke-railing against Obama here knowing he'd meet him for Between Two Ferns.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I like how everyone in the youtube comments thinks Scott is an intolerable loudmouthed rear end in a top hat.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
It's impressive he was able to talk in his outraged voice for the entire show.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
That was a funny show.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
One great part is Scott's deer-in-headlights look when they start calling Margaret Cho ugly.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I really want to watch that but it physically pains me to hear that host talk.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I miss when Wompler eps weren't entirely about the Womplerverse. The eps with Andy Richter and Todd Glass are still my favorite Wompler eps.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 25, 2014

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Yeah, the Wamplerverse is too much Wampler for me to take on it's own.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Wompler is the second best intern on the program in this goon's opinion. Where is the water delivery? The intention of radio silence?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Team Gino

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Intern of all time: Eric
Intern of CBB: Hands down Gino

(Eric the Intern of of I4H fame. If you don't know who he is holy poo poo are you in for a treat, look him up right now)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Zsinjeh posted:

Intern of all time: Eric
Intern of CBB: Hands down Gino

(Eric the Intern of of I4H fame. If you don't know who he is holy poo poo are you in for a treat, look him up right now)

Eric trying to interview a dog walker is choice comedy. The choicest there can be, maybe.
Why would you listen to CBB and not I4H? Is it because Besser can be an irritating blowhard? Just skip those bits!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Why would you listen to CBB and not I4H? Is it because Besser can be an irritating blowhard? Just skip those bits!

For me the initial reluctance was "I only know one of these performers that isn't Besser," but after enough episodes I've come to enjoy I4H's lesser-known repertory players. I do wish they would get off the "Let's have a musical guest" thing. Nothing says "comedy" like soulful acoustic guitar songs, right?

Same goes for CBB, I really don't care for musical guest episodes (Even though they're always game improvisers! And "Tapas the Morning to Jah" wouldn't be nearly as funny if Annie Clark didn't have such an immediate, visceral reaction to that double pun.)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I don't really like the musical guest thing Besser has been doing lately either. Doing improv based on the stories behind songs is an interesting concept I guess but the regular format is just better and I usually end up skipping past the songs anyways.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

JethroMcB posted:

For me the initial reluctance was "I only know one of these performers that isn't Besser," but after enough episodes I've come to enjoy I4H's lesser-known repertory players. I do wish they would get off the "Let's have a musical guest" thing. Nothing says "comedy" like soulful acoustic guitar songs, right?

Same goes for CBB, I really don't care for musical guest episodes (Even though they're always game improvisers! And "Tapas the Morning to Jah" wouldn't be nearly as funny if Annie Clark didn't have such an immediate, visceral reaction to that double pun.)

They're just getting the germ of an idea. I mean they get one word suggestions and go off stuff. I dont mind the music on I4H where as I mostly hate it on CBB because at least we get to talk about the music in a straight way then go in to a comedy scene versus CBB where its very bit heavy and its the musicians are largely not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I wouldn't hate music on I4H if it wasn't just the exact type of music I'm already bored to tears by. I can't take another soulful singer with a guitar on a podcast. Especially annoying that is sucks out a little bit of fun with the scenes when they make subtle hints and references to the lyrics which flies by if you didn't listen to the whole thing.

I don't want to be forced to listen to music I don't like, that's why I don't listen to radio