Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh that's dumb. Just put the entire shows up.

FWIW, Boondocks and Venture Bros, at least, have the full series. The rotating seasons is probably a Cartoon Network thing and not an Adult Swim thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

First clip from Star Wars: Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uJXFxfmiE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Are those the bad seasons? I thought Dexter's went on for way longer than 2 years before it went to poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dexters lab was on for like right years before they made season three.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Are those the bad seasons? I thought Dexter's went on for way longer than 2 years before it went to poo poo.

Here's an easy way to tell:

= Good seasons

= Bad seasons

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't they change voice actors for Dexter too?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I bought the complete series of Street Sharks today at Kmart(it was 5 bucks don't judge me) and I've never bought anything made by Cookie Jar Entertainment before. Do all of their complete series DVDs literally just have the DVD case and then the DVDs are just in disc envelopes sitting in a slot in the case? Because if so I will probably never buy anything from them again.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Neo Helbeast posted:

I bought the complete series of Street Sharks today at Kmart(it was 5 bucks don't judge me) and I've never bought anything made by Cookie Jar Entertainment before. Do all of their complete series DVDs literally just have the DVD case and then the DVDs are just in disc envelopes sitting in a slot in the case? Because if so I will probably never buy anything from them again.

I do not believe that Street Sharks is deserving of more presentation than that.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So much fun, tho. This week's episode deals with the edgy star of the grim 'n gritty show that makes Ben 10 popular in the entire universe, the show his current partner watched and had made him expect something entirely different out of Ben. They got a real Liefeld student to design this character even.

Kinda bummed that CN's at it again with hiatus, so the two parter where every ben of every reality, including one that freaking fuses aliens, team up has been postponed until who knows when.

Oh gosh I forgot all about Xtreme Ben. This show man.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

horriblePencilist posted:

Oh gosh I forgot all about Xtreme Ben. This show man.

I was dying at the fact that the "XTREME" shading carried over to the actual character. Also I swear Omniverse Simian was modeled off of the Shamwow Guy. Derrick Wyatt was killing it this week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Omniverse Simian is a masterpiece. Back in UAF he was literally Spidermonkey without the omnitrix symbol and now you know he's a quick-money scheme dude just by looking.

But the best part of the episode had to be Xtreme Ben signing the planet. The pile of permanent markers had me rolling.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

El Tortuga posted:

I do not believe that Street Sharks is deserving of more presentation than that.

They're probably just amazed that someone is willing to pay money to see Street Sharks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Clarence passes the "it's good" test: I watched it and it was good.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Omniverse Simian is a masterpiece. Back in UAF he was literally Spidermonkey without the omnitrix symbol and now you know he's a quick-money scheme dude just by looking.

But the best part of the episode had to be Xtreme Ben signing the planet. The pile of permanent markers had me rolling.

That design looks familiar

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

For some reason I decided to stop watching Cartoon Network today after the new Regular Show even though I want to see Clarence. It looks like a cute show.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quest For Glory II posted:

The CN bump maker people really went all out on a Clarence/Adventure time bump. Remixed Marceline's fry song with dialogue from Clarence.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Acquire Currency! posted:

The CN bump maker people really went all out on a Clarence/Adventure time bump. Remixed Marceline's fry song with dialogue from Clarence.

If they were trying to ensure that I change the channel after Regular show with that bumper, mission accomplished I guess.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Was Storm Hawks any good? I remember hearing about it a lot on a voice actor podcast I listened to and the aesthetic looks kind of Borderlands-esque.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

So the "Stimpy's Invention" episode of "Ren and Stimpy" was on last night on the 90's Nick Block.

Legitimately forgot how funny that episode was. In "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song has a joke in the song I had never picked up on before when I watched it as a kid:

"I TOLD YOU I WOULD SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?"

Really wish the 90's Nick Block would play the classics more, and yes, that episode is definitely one. (Catdog is trash that should have been left far, far back in the past)

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 22, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo can we talk about this insane loving bayblade show? It's the stupidest goddamn anime I've ever seen. It's like someone made a checklist of the standard stupid anime things amplified by ten and then played off as totally serious. It's basically impossible not to laugh at every line of dialogue. The poo poo that happens is unbelievable. Example: Today I guess is the super end-game battle between hero kid and multi color evil kid who has an 8 pack. At one point during the fight the evil AI hologram dude switches himself over to a giant fuckoff bayblade robot. He plans to destroy hero kid with this robot by... shooting a goddamn bayblade out of his robot arm.
Also the use of the phrase "My blader spirit!" never stops being funny.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I read "bladder spirit," and I think that's even better. (Would be afraid to see where the Japanese would take THAT concept, though...)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tartarus Sauce posted:

I read "bladder spirit," and I think that's even better. (Would be afraid to see where the Japanese would take THAT concept, though...)

Someone pointed out that the show is being produced by a Canadian company for English speaking audiences. So it's not like the localization team is making poo poo up to fill mouth flaps, someone honest to god wrote all the dialogue like he did.

Also there is a for real no joke GBS1.0 literal Oompa Loompa as an antagonist.
But he's huge and has a six pack, his head is the size of a normal person.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 23, 2014

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I think I watched an episode of the first Beyblade series that aired over here and was left with the impression that it was honest to God the most generic anime ever. I think I've voluntarily watched more episodes of Johnny Test than I have that poo poo.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I didn't understand why people would use tops to attack each other.

And I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Tartarus Sauce posted:

I didn't understand why people would use tops to attack each other.

And I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh.

Because half hour advertisements are not nearly as dead as we think.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

What idiot thinks toy cartoons are dead? Pokemon is a shameless advertisement for the video games that's been going strong for almost two decades now. I have no loving idea how they're still making new episodes of that poo poo when it stopped being even remotely entertaining years ago, or why Ash hasn't aged at all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

What idiot thinks toy cartoons are dead? Pokemon is a shameless advertisement for the video games that's been going strong for almost two decades now. I have no loving idea how they're still making new episodes of that poo poo when it stopped being even remotely entertaining years ago, or why Ash hasn't aged at all.

This indicates that is was ever interesting. It's pretty much the same poo poo it's always been, you just got older. Fortunately for 4kids and Nintendo, there is a never ending of new kids to get interested in that crap. As long as the games are popular, the cartoon will probably continue.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

axleblaze posted:

This indicates that is was ever interesting. It's pretty much the same poo poo it's always been, you just got older. Fortunately for 4kids and Nintendo, there is a never ending of new kids to get interested in that crap. As long as the games are popular, the cartoon will probably continue.

It started showing in the US the year I started college and I remember the first season or two being kind of funny and clever in between the blatant toyvertising and basically being an animated walkthrough for Red/Blue, but I guess that might have been due to usually watching it in the context of a drinking game where you drink every time a pokemon says its name.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

raditts posted:

I have no loving idea how they're still making new episodes of that poo poo when it stopped being even remotely entertaining years ago, or why Ash hasn't aged at all.

It's quite simple

A) New kids get born and fall into the target audience fast
B) Kids grow up they think the show's poo poo and move over, but the new kids find Ash to be the greatest guy ever and have no idea how long he's been 10.
C) When you forget about the kids that grow up, it's real easy to justify reusing plots (you wouldn't believe how many times Pikachu has had to say no to Thunderstones)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's quite simple

A) New kids get born and fall into the target audience fast
B) Kids grow up they think the show's poo poo and move over, but the new kids find Ash to be the greatest guy ever and have no idea how long he's been 10.
C) When you forget about the kids that grow up, it's real easy to justify reusing plots (you wouldn't believe how many times Pikachu has had to say no to Thunderstones)

I guess that's true, although oddly my 5-year-old loves the Pokemon games but absolutely refuses to watch the cartoon. He doesn't care much for anime in general, so I guess I've done something right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know this is old news to everybody else, but I am amazed that Sealab 2020 and possibly Sealab 2021 are part of the Scooby Doo universe. Also that Captain Murphy maybe is gay married.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raditts posted:

True as all this I gotta ask you guys to watch an episode of beyblade. Seeing is believing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

I know this is old news to everybody else, but I am amazed that Sealab 2020 and possibly Sealab 2021 are part of the Scooby Doo universe. Also that Captain Murphy maybe is gay married.

Mystery Incorporated is like some kind of hub universe that contains the entire H-B canon. Given enough episodes I'm sure we would have seen cameos from Top Cat, Hong Kong Phooey, and the family from Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

raditts posted:

Mystery Incorporated is like some kind of hub universe that contains the entire H-B canon. Given enough episodes I'm sure we would have seen cameos from Top Cat, Hong Kong Phooey, and the family from Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home.

Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home was awesome. I used to watch it all the time as a kid.

Anyway, 52 episodes was always meant to be it. CN didn't cancel it early, they just hosed with the scheduling really, REALLY bad. So bad that CNs in other countries had already finished the entire last season before CN US even had advertisements for it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

raditts posted:

What wouldn't I give for the writers to sneak in a Fruity Pebbles reference...

raditts posted:

I guess that's true, although oddly my 5-year-old loves the Pokemon games but absolutely refuses to watch the cartoon. He doesn't care much for anime in general, so I guess I've done something right.

To be the devils advocate here, the show does its job of teaching kids about the rules of the game. By the time they play their first Pokemon game, they already know the basic concept of catching and battling Pokemon because they've seen an episode or two. As for the writing, there's room for improvement, although they have been trying harder since the last generation.
Good job teaching your kid about the dangers of anime, though.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Example: Today I guess is the super end-game battle between hero kid and multi color evil kid who has an 8 pack. At one point during the fight the evil AI hologram dude switches himself over to a giant fuckoff bayblade robot. He plans to destroy hero kid with this robot by... shooting a goddamn bayblade out of his robot arm.

That was the best part of the series. To be fair, it does realize that it's a big fuckoff robot and try to bash everyone's heads in.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rudoku posted:

That was the best part of the series. To be fair, it does realize that it's a big fuckoff robot and try to bash everyone's heads in.

"You don't understand the pain I feel since I loss my body! I can't feel the vitamins from my favorite orange juice coursing through my veins!" Actual line. Also if anyone is wondering what Rudoku means the giant fuckoff robot turns into an honest to god giant fuckoff beyblade.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The same guys who released Digimon on DVD recently are putting out Beyblade DVD sets now and it only makes me want them to get Medabots (another series Nelvana released here) because that show was the poo poo and Metabee's voice owned. Two companies tried to release it on DVD (ADV Films and Shout Factory) and neither of them completed it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"We need to flood the market, just like soviet money!" That's some good poo poo you dropped on me Clarence. Also Clarence not giving a poo poo about his teacher's buddy stars nonsense is so on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jeff in Clarence might have 2 moms:

Also there was a Winsor McCay reference in the last episode.