Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ProfessorCirno posted:

He is in fact officially banned from D&D.

It's pretty hilarious.

WotC legal team isn't quite sure how things work but they're pretty sure that's a thing you can do.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

stoutfish posted:

fa/tg/uys makes me laugh for some reason.

Too bad /tg/ is full of those stupid loving boring rear end Quest threads nowadays. I miss the old /tg/. The kind that would calculate how many spiders could fit in a Drow's womb.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Too bad /tg/ is full of those stupid loving boring rear end Quest threads nowadays. I miss the old /tg/. The kind that would calculate how many spiders could fit in a Drow's womb.

Well?

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

SunAndSpring posted:

/tg/ is so bad now I can't believe it.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
It's like seriously, unbearably bad.

Dec 26, 2012

Nihnoz posted:

it is.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Nihnoz posted:

When I last looked at it like a year ago it was all Warhammer fanfiction garbage. I'm glad they apparently finally moved on to endless quest thread spam.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
What is a quest thread

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like reading the passive aggressive threads about them getting mad when something doesnt go their way in a gmae

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Gau posted:

What is a quest thread

choose your own adventure stuff maybe?

Dec 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

choose your own adventure stuff maybe?

its this, except way sadder than your initial perception of what that entails

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

SM64Guy posted:

i like reading the passive aggressive threads about them getting mad when something doesnt go their way in a gmae

I like when their GM shows up and owns them for being fishmalks/baddies.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

01011001 posted:

its this, except way sadder than your initial perception of what that entails

how can it be sadder than "please play pretend with me, I desperately need your attention?"

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Gau posted:

how can it be sadder than "please play pretend with me, I desperately need your attention?"

"please play sexy pretend with me, I desperately need your sexy attention."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nihnoz posted:

/tg/ is so bad now I can't believe it.

4chan board is bad. In other news the pope is catholic.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gau posted:

What is a quest thread

They're CYOAs made up by the tripfag running them. There's about 20 of them up at anytime, and about half-to-3/4ths of the front page will be Quest threads. And about three-fourths of them are just really bad fanfiction for anime.

Adding to the problems of /tg/ is that they let people from /d/ post their fetishes all the time over the board (There's a loving ERP General and a Smut thread that shows up every weekend), and that there's one lolicon rear end in a top hat that keeps making lovely threads that always start like, "You see a 9-year old girl dressed in a floss bikini. How do you react? Oh, and I guess she's in a dungeon and there's a dragon somewhere, so it's /tg/."

edit: Here, have a free example of a quest thread while 4chan is frozen in time.

http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/31663580

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

They're CYOAs made up by the tripfag running them. There's about 20 of them up at anytime, and about half-to-3/4ths of the front page will be Quest threads. And about three-fourths of them are just really bad fanfiction for anime.

Adding to the problems of /tg/ is that they let people from /d/ post their fetishes all the time over the board (There's a loving ERP General and a Smut thread that shows up every weekend), and that there's one lolicon rear end in a top hat that keeps making lovely threads that always start like, "You see a 9-year old girl dressed in a floss bikini. How do you react? Oh, and I guess she's in a dungeon and there's a dragon somewhere, so it's /tg/."

Hahaha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

edit: Here, have a free example of a quest thread while 4chan is frozen in time.

i'm permabanned /tg/ poster jim profit...

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Dr Pepper posted:

4chan board is bad. In other news the pope is catholic.

4chan is cool.

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

(There's a loving ERP General and a Smut thread that shows up every weekend)

lol that is worse than i remember

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

01011001 posted:

lol that is worse than i remember

/tg/ collectively decided to stop making up stories about people bringing fetishes to the game and make it reality.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

4chan is bad but in some aspects, it's better than SA

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

4chan is cool.

It's fun sometimes, but it's so loving annoying to see poo poo like that. I've had to filter so many words and people just to have a tolerable experience on /v/. /vr/ is pretty great, at least.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
CuckQuest Thread 18 - I Can't Believe My Little Sister Dumped Me For An Orc!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

So what would you do if you were in a dungeon and suddenly a wild loli in a floss bikini appeared?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
call child services (Brd 1, Clr 1, Dr 1, Law 1)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Spenny posted:

So what would you do if you were in a dungeon and suddenly a wild loli in a floss bikini appeared?

that would be "a trek" (if you get my pun, goon sire) to remember :iamafag:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Spenny posted:

Use my Scroll of Summon Aatrek to deal with the obvious succubus.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Halloween Jack posted:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
that spell absolutely does not appear on the cleric list

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Attorney at Funk posted:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ProfessorCirno posted:

He is in fact officially banned from D&D.

It's pretty hilarious.

WotC legal team isn't quite sure how things work but they're pretty sure that's a thing you can do.

So literally nothing associated with D&D is remotely competent?

Dec 26, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

holy poo poo

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Attorney at Funk posted:

i don't get it is this some thing from the internet?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
you know what, i seem to remember weapons of the gods being a pretty cool game. i should dig up whatever the latest version of hte corebook is and see if it's actually good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

P.d0t posted:

i don't get it is this some thing from the internet?

sometimes when a priest gets too much time without having sex he looks at the altar boys...

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
there should be some reference made to catholicism, I'm far too dumb to have ever made that connection on my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Attorney at Funk posted:

• Locked thread