Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
EA_Stiv said: There is an issue with some servers capped at 44 players. The team is currently working to get this resolved, however there should still be a good number of 64 player servers available. This is reflected by a message in game. -Stiv

So just a bug. Should be fixed in another 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Thank god. The next patch should fix it and then the next expansion will accidentally add mcoms and a obliteration bomb to conquest.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's fine, people will still ignore the MCOM

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

moist turtleneck posted:

That's fine, people will still ignore the MCOM

Picking up the bomb would be a fun way to get people to go after you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Just saying, BF4 on PC is half off right now.

None of the versions are perfect, though, so just building a PC or buying it for an existing one won't solve all your issues. People still get weird errors on the PC version and run into bugged servers. It's still undeniably fun, though, and about 95% of the time it works flawlessly. The other 5% of the time we see issues like rubberbanding and hit registration not working, but that's a small percentage of servers where it seems to be the order of the day.

That is kinda tempting, not gonna lie. Did they ever fix the issues with nvidia cards from the beta? I'd assume so but with :dice: it's hard to tell.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

If you haven't already, you Premium-havers should activate the phantom program stuff. Especially if you just got BF4. It's mainly extra grinding for OCD nerds, but it's good to give yourself extra incentive to branch out into other things.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

If you haven't already, you Premium-havers should activate the phantom program stuff. Especially if you just got BF4. It's mainly extra grinding for OCD nerds, but it's good to give yourself extra incentive to branch out into other things.

What is this, then?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
a dog tag and some camouflage at the moment.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Well, Naval Strike conquest rubberbanding is certainly still terrible

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Chalupa Joe posted:

a dog tag and some camouflage at the moment.

yeah, 200 tank kills, 200 pistol kills, and you get a dog tag. 20 assault rifle kills and 20 jet kills is a pain, but I need vehicle destroys for the camo, so it dovetails together. And if you're leveling up assault or assault rifles, it counts for both.

Also there's a special place in hell for attack helo spawn campers.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
20 jet kills isn't too bad, the best way for the more rookie pilots is to go on Naval Strike and get into the fantan/a10 and slow down for a gun run on the AC130 gunship. If you leave the AC130 up for a minute it'll likely have 3 occupants. I got 6 kills in a few minutes that way. The pistol grinding is a pain, but surprisingly not hard to kill people with pistols I'm finding!

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

stevey666 posted:

The pistol grinding is a pain, but surprisingly not hard to kill people with pistols I'm finding!

Early doors, pre buffing, pistol kills were a serious grind. Now they're not so far from their former selves, so while still often outmatched in a firefight with an assault rifle, if you get the drop or are quick on the draw, you can hold your own. I didn't play for a month or so, played a round of domination on zavod, and managed to go 10-11 with my 1911.

Oh for the heady days of hardcore Nosehair tdm... :clint:

Edit: Played a few rounds of rush, all ran smooth and had fun. Stopped, took the washing out, had dinner, came back. Laggy as all hell and rubberbanding all over the shop. :(

StevoMcQueen fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 24, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Nick scrubguy other 360 guys what's up haven't played in a while let's do something be it bf3 or 4 or dark swoles

I played bf3 a few days ago and holy poo poo is it so good. my jets, so much fun and I can actually dunk on angry ants. took some getting use to and my aim is hella off, but it was so much loving fun. It felt really good to finally be unkillable again.

edit: oh yeah, i'm considering trading in bf4 for titanfall. mail, you've play titanfall, right? any good? i think i'll stick with bf3 for my battlefield fix until I upgrade to an xbone, then maybe if dice has unfucked 4 i might come back to it.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'm fulfilling a dream and testing out the Twitch streaming stuff.

oh here go hell come

http://www.twitch.tv/rhenasaurus

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
What is the general consensus on the PS4 version of this game? I need a shooty game to keep me going until Watchdogs. Are there many EU goons playing?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
:woop: :siren: NEW SERVERS ARE ONLINE! :siren: :woop:

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

"...we wanted to be 100% sure things were done right..."

So not like the rest of the game then? :dice:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Someone report on how naval strike is now and if I should buy it now.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I, for one, will take someone named Karl Magnus Troedsson at his word.

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
I've gone full DINO.

New gamertag: THUGASAURUS 7EX, because the sex police at Microsoft won't allow for any variation of the blessed act of procreation fight in their endless online slaughter mills.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Well, I'll be on all day, so hit me up, XBoneBros. Even if I'm playing another game or something.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

I played bf3 a few days ago and holy poo poo is it so good. my jets, so much fun and I can actually dunk on angry ants. took some getting use to and my aim is hella off, but it was so much loving fun. It felt really good to finally be unkillable again.

edit: oh yeah, i'm considering trading in bf4 for titanfall. mail, you've play titanfall, right? any good? i think i'll stick with bf3 for my battlefield fix until I upgrade to an xbone, then maybe if dice has unfucked 4 i might come back to it.

I think you'd enjoy it. The only problem I really have with Titanfall is that it's much more of a twitch shooter than Battlefield. Strategy really only comes into play with Titan on Titan combat. Also, you'll never really go on your famous 30-40 kill streaks like you do on Battlefield. Another frustrating thing is how difficult it is to tell pilots from AI. In other shooters if someone with a red name is moving toward you, you know you should kill them.

But the parkour system is awesome. I've happily found myself just running different wall routes, having a blast. Also it's amazing playing a game that feels polished. It's only crashed on me once. And stupid crap that happens nearly ever Battlefield map (getting stuck on terrain, invisible walls, etc) doesn't occur on titanfall.

In other news, where have all the Xbros been? I've got the weekend to myself so lets murder some titans or chinese tanks. Supposedly the Naval Strike lag has been fixed on the 'bone.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 25, 2014

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I think you'd enjoy it. The only problem I really have with Titanfall is that it's much more of a twitch shooter than Battlefield. Strategy really only comes into play with Titan on Titan combat. Also, you'll never really go on your famous 30-40 kill streaks like you do on Battlefield. Another frustrating thing is how difficult it is to tell pilots from AI. In other shooters if someone with a red name is moving toward you, you know you should kill them.

But the parkour system is awesome. I've happily found myself just running different wall routes, having a blast. Also it's amazing playing a game that feels polished. It's only crashed on me once. And stupid crap that happens nearly ever Battlefield map (getting stuck on terrain, invisible walls, etc) doesn't occur on titanfall.

In other news, where have all the Xbros been? I've got the weekend to myself so lets murder some titans or chinese tanks. Supposedly the Naval Strike lag has been fixed on the 'bone.

I'm on! Where are you? I'm just dicking around with other stuff, but I'd like to give Naval Strike a serious go, if it's working.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 25, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dammit I want to see how the new servers are but I'm stuck across the country on vacation. Should have brought my ps4.

God I'm a nerd.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I hope this finally fixes the issue for everyone in all game types. I was getting rubber-banding in Domination matches too.

And I'm also happy to say I'm done with the campaign in this. The way the achievements unlocked was wonky, but at least I got them all and could finish the campaign a few times, which is more than I can say for the clusterfuck that was BF3's single-player.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

10 Beers posted:

I'm on! Where are you? I'm just dicking around with other stuff, but I'd like to give Naval Strike a serious go, if it's working.

I'm at work, but I'll be on tonight around 730 CST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUoHobc9avo

Not sure if I believe this or not.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Man oh man...

Back when I was a youngster post-college and was still a member of the PC gaming master-race I played a lot of BF 1942, followed by 'nam. Eventually my kids got older, I started working 70 hours/week, I sold off the gaming hardware and started my new life as a casual console gamer (when I could find the time). I ended up getting sucked into MW3, played it for a year when I could, and, picking up a Bone last november, started playing Ghosts. I bought Titanfall at launch and HAD been playing it since until I bought BF4 on a whim last week and popped it in.

Christ, what had I done with my life? It's not perfect, but it's such a relief to be playing battlefield again after years of COD. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, and I just want to apologize to the world at large for forgetting how much better 64 player servers and maps larger than my house are.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
79-0 kharg cq in bf3 with my f18.

got hatemail and a party invite. bf3 is so good, it's a crime what dice did to air vehicles in 4. I love that feeling when the other team stops bringing vehicles out and all start running stingers. picking off ants, especially ones that think they're safe stingering me in the hills is so awesome.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 26, 2014

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

thenicko33 posted:

got hatemail and a party invite. bf3 is so good, it's a crime what dice did to air vehicles in 4. I love that feeling when the other team stops bringing vehicles out and all start running stingers. picking off ants, especially ones that think they're safe stingering me in the hills is so awesome.

Yeah, I'll gladly take the bf4 aircraft because dicks like you made bf3 poo poo.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Manatee Cannon posted:

Don't listen to these nerds, most of them will buy all the DLC in spite of complaining about it, be playing a year from now and buy the next game in the series. You guys know it's true. :colbert:

I'm liking bf4 way more than bf3 (if I was a pc player I'd probably love bf3, but I'm not, so gently caress bf3 forever).
After I got it on ps4 that is. If I was on 360 or ps3 I would still hate it.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 26, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Premium double XP this weekend. I can play for a little right now so get online and lets shoot some mans ps4ce

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Finally got my 200 pistol kills etc. Whats the point of the phantom program other than snake skin camo? Americaaaaa *salute*

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

thenicko33 posted:

post in here if you're gonna play again today, i haven't been on xbox much recently, been playing a lot of pc stuff

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Holy. poo poo. It's playable now.

Holy. poo poo.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
The good news: Naval Strike conquest is now playable.
The bad news: Naval Strike conquest maps suck rear end.

Hopefully we can get some obliteration/rush parties going now people are coming back :)

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
How are the vanilla maps doing? I'm to scared to check.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Herr Direktor posted:

How are the vanilla maps doing? I'm to scared to check.

I quickly grew tired of Naval Strike and went to vanilla BF.

No lag on Lancang Dam, which used to be unplayable. I'm cautiously optimistic.

thenicko33 posted:

A helicopter dared to kill my murderboat last night. Get a 'bone and sweep the skies for me so I may continue my ground murder sprees free from interference.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 26, 2014

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
That was the exact map I was thinking of asking about. That poo poo has always given me problems.

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
Yeah, so far the 'new' servers are acting a lot like the old ones, but I have been having a weird comcast issue with my modem intermittently locking up so I'm not sure which is which at this point. I did a few rounds of Naval Strike and I guess it's okay but any sort of boat or vehicle centric gameplay is so much better. Pretty sick of Lost Islands already.

I should be around all day for XBONE shenanigans if my internet cooperates. THUGASAURUS 7EX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

eyebeem posted:

Christ, what had I done with my life? It's not perfect, but it's such a relief to be playing battlefield again after years of COD. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, and I just want to apologize to the world at large for forgetting how much better 64 player servers and maps larger than my house are.
I know the feeling. Ghosts was tedious with everyone running around using that one silenced AR, and Titanfall has about as much depth as my toilet bowl. It's there, but it's not worth handling the poo poo.

Plus you can do so much in Battlefield games that isn't just shooting mans and still be actually playing. Nothing as fun as flying a MAV and directing a angry swarm of squadmates towards the dorito's of doom. :allears:

• Locked thread