Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do we have Starter Deck decklists? I would like to have some idea of what I might want to choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
From the e-mail

"Multiple Pledges

Some of you had multiple pledges. If you would like to redeem multiple codes on an account, you may.

Example: William has 3 different pledges, a Grand King, a Slacker Backer, and a Squire. He backed with a single email of William@Email.com, so he has HEX account email log-ins of William@Email.com, William1@Email.com, and William2@Email.com. He wants to combine the Slacker Backer and the Squire, and keep the Grand King separate. William then logs-in as William@Email.com, redeems the Grand King code, and now has his Grand King rewards.

To use the second account, he logs in as William1@Email.com and redeems both the Squire and Slacker Backer codes. But, there’s a problem in that the William1@Email.com is not an actual email address. Right now, it’s just a log-in.

He then registers an account at Support.HEXTCG.com with his William@Email.com email address and opens a ticket. He requests that his William1@Email.com account be set to a new email that he created, WilliamHEX@Email.com, and the third account be deleted. The HEX Worker Bots get to solving William’s problem and fulfills the request, changing his log-in to WilliamHEX@Email.com. Everything’s now set and William has his Grand King account, as well as his Squire/Slacker Backer account."

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

Do we have Starter Deck decklists? I would like to have some idea of what I might want to choose.
http://hextcg.com/starter-decks/

As I said, Orcs come with 2 totally playable rares that make it for me a very easy decision

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Remb posted:

So now that the game is being monetized, I have to ask: will there be a way for free players to slowly accumulate cards? From what I can see, this beta is just alpha with a price tag.
Hearthstone has definitely spoiled me on this, even if you didn't have gold a draft was only 2 bucks. Solforge gives you entry tickets for playing every day. M&M does something similar to Hearthstone.

Theoretically when they implement PVE you could take a free starter deck and earn cards/gear that you could sell from doing dungeons. How lucrative that will be...who knows. Hearthstone is "free to play" though and while you get a free starter deck from Hex when you sign up, that's pretty much where the free ends. Not really fair to compare it to Hearthstone in that regard.

Edit: Are the card statistics/double backs not implemented yet, or do they not count for the starter decks?

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Grim posted:

http://hextcg.com/starter-decks/

As I said, Orcs come with 2 totally playable rares that make it for me a very easy decision
Or pick whichever deck you like seeing as the market will be flooded with Set 1 for a long time. Using the deck manager seems a bit more fluid fwiw.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

katkillad2 posted:

Theoretically when they implement PVE you could take a free starter deck and earn cards/gear that you could sell from doing dungeons. How lucrative that will be...who knows. Hearthstone is "free to play" though and while you get a free starter deck from Hex when you sign up, that's pretty much where the free ends. Not really fair to compare it to Hearthstone in that regard.

Edit: Are the card statistics/double backs not implemented yet, or do they not count for the starter decks?

There will also eventually be a crafting system where you can break down cards into raw materials and craft the cards you want / want to sell, so that's another way for a PVEer to play for free.

Double backs are not in yet.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Supposedly primal packs are a 2% drop rate. From my 155 boosters, I got 7 primals (+1 from my reward). That's like double the supposed drop rate. Am I super lucky or is everyone else getting these kinds of numbers?

Edit: I'm supposed to start with "4" starter decks, and it's green on that list that was posted. How do I claim these mystery starter decks?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Afgad posted:

Supposedly primal packs are a 2% drop rate. From my 155 boosters, I got 7 primals (+1 from my reward). That's like double the supposed drop rate. Am I super lucky or is everyone else getting these kinds of numbers?

Edit: I'm supposed to start with "4" starter decks, and it's green on that list that was posted. How do I claim these mystery starter decks?

I got exactly the same outcome! Many in chat are reporting none or 2-3. Logging in/out fixes the starter deck thing for most

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

I got exactly the same outcome! Many in chat are reporting none or 2-3. Logging in/out fixes the starter deck thing for most

Yeah logging out and back in fixed it.

Can we trade cards from these starter decks (at least, in the future)? Did I just screw myself over by picking human instead of orc for my "free" deck?

Edit: Also, lots of people in chat are saying they got many fewer primals for their 155 boosters. I think we just got lucky!

Double Edit: Welp, friends list got wiped. I better post this again: The Hexagoons!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6sxA02g4p-dFpJTm9IQ2F6ckhlRXc3b25kV1dOUFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Afgad fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 24, 2014

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Cards from your free starter deck are untradable (if they weren't, you could generate infinite Gorefeasts/Tetalcas by just making shitloads of accounts). Cards from purchased/rewarded starter decks will be tradable when trading is implemented.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
On my King tier of 155 packs I got 4 primals total, so pretty much hit the 2% exactly not counting the free one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Afgad posted:

RNG is RNG

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Important: They have locked the log-in servers so new players cannot log in right now. Too many people were trying to open packs, and their now three (!) hamsters can't run fast enough.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Afgad posted:

Important: They have locked the log-in servers so new players cannot log in right now. Too many people were trying to open packs, and their now three (!) hamsters can't run fast enough.

Yeah I just tried to log in to no avail, bummer.

EDIT: I do wish it told you that the servers were full as opposed to me assuming my password was wrong

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 24, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

:siren: servers going down for 12 hour maint according to HexPaladin in game.

e: "Our hope is that we can come up earlier, but we are being cautious"

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Blazing Zero posted:

:siren: servers going down for 12 hour maint according to HexPaladin in game.

e: "Our hope is that we can come up earlier, but we are being cautious"

wah wah wah, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how many million packs I have

EDIT: For those who got into game, are the treasure chests working? I though you were supposed to be able to get equipment and PvE stuff, how is that handled?

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 24, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

EDIT: For those who got into game, are the treasure chests working? I though you were supposed to be able to get equipment and PvE stuff, how is that handled?

You cannot open chests right now. You can spin to upgrade them, though.

From here: http://hextcg.com/closed-beta-primer/

quote:

Gold and Treasure Chests
You’ll notice that a free treasure chest comes with every booster pack you open. Treasure chests contain rewards like pieces of equipment, as well as exclusive rewards like alternate art cards. Treasure chests vary in rarity and can always be opened for free. But, players can also choose spend gold (in-game currency) and spin the Wheels of Fate to potentially upgrade their treasure chests! Currently, players can earn gold through playing tournaments. Since PVE has yet to be implemented, we needed a way for players to earn gold in order to upgrade their treasure chests. Players can also spin the Wheels of Fate. Players aren’t yet able to open treasure chests yet, but we are working on that feature and hope to have that in soon.
Treasure Chests have different rarities and players can choose to spend gold (in-game currency) to spin the Wheels of Fate to potentially upgrade their chests! The Wheels of Fate upgrade treasure chests to higher rarities and award other unique prizes such as sleeves, alternate art cards, and even an occasional legendary card. Wheels of Fate spins cost gold based on the rarity of the treasure chest you are trying to upgrade. In the future, you will be able to earn gold primarily through PVE activities. For now, in order to get gold into your hands, we are rewarding all tournament participants with gold.

I like how they marginally increased the value of participating in tournaments during closed Beta. It's a good way to get gold.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 24, 2014

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Just as I get the install completed, the servers go down for 12 hours. I've got a friend interested in trying out Hex since they've got another person they know playing, but they never got in on the slacker backer. Has there been any word on when it might be moving into an open beta?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Pissed that I stayed up to install and then was freaking out because my password was "wrong" but really just the servers are down.

Anyway, I backed from two different emails. I'm tired and find that "example" they posted a little confusing. Can I just use the all the codes (from both backed emails) on one account and get everything owed to me?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I haven't logged in yet because of the downtime so I'm sorry if this is obvious: What's the deal with Primal Packs? Do they magically turn primal when you open them, or when you're awarded your packs?

There's basically no reason to not draft every single pack you get, and I was curious as to how that works with primals.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Primals are generated when you buy/are rewarded with a pack, and they come in addition to the ordinary booster pack. Or in the case of free drafts, primals are awarded when the queue pops and you're 'given' 3 packs to draft with.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Has anyone tried out gencon codes? I assume mercs aren't in yet, but what bout the alt art card and sleeves?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

I haven't logged in yet because of the downtime so I'm sorry if this is obvious: What's the deal with Primal Packs? Do they magically turn primal when you open them, or when you're awarded your packs?

There's basically no reason to not draft every single pack you get, and I was curious as to how that works with primals.

When I cashed in my pro tier reward, I got 155 boosters and 8 primals. So the primals are completely in addition to normal packs, and do not replace packs. As far as I know, primals cannot be used in limited. I'm going to open all of them once the servers come back up.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well the servers should be up at 4am tomorrow morning for my time-zone :saddowns:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What does deck sleeves "1 million" mean?
Do I literally get 1 million deck sleeves? Isn't that a bit much?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
That would be dumb. Why not just make them unlimited at that point.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, I read it wrong, it says: "Deck Sleeves: $1 Million"
So I guess it's just the style of the sleeves, a million dollar bill or whatever?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

beedeebee posted:

What does deck sleeves "1 million" mean?
Do I literally get 1 million deck sleeves? Isn't that a bit much?

There's a special set of sleeves for hitting $1 million in Kickstarter funds.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is the one;

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

They've confirmed that the "Free draft for 1 year" codes don't stack with each other, and that the "Free draft for life" ones do....but what happens if you have one of each?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Some of the art in the "art of Hex" book is extremely good. I love a lot of the coyotle stuff, lots of good colors and action. I think the orcs and vennen probably have the most boring artwork. Most of them are just kind of standing there looking impressive, whereas the coyotle are always in the middle of doing something.

I'm a little disappointed that more of the artwork didn't make it into the book, though. I love me some art. I was kind of hoping for HD pictures of every single card.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

They've confirmed that the "Free draft for 1 year" codes don't stack with each other, and that the "Free draft for life" ones do....but what happens if you have one of each?
You "only" get 1 free draft each week for as long as you and / or the game is alive which is still awesome as hell :c00lbert:

edit: I don't remember which parts of the kickstarter rewards are separated out but you also might be able to redeem whatever the 1 for a year code is on another account, gotta check that out

double edit: yea it looks like you should be able to redeem that on another account :clint::hf::cool:

Grim fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 24, 2014

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yeah, those are separate keys. Oh well, I'll just have to use the second account and send the cards around.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Afgad posted:

Some of the art in the "art of Hex" book is extremely good. I love a lot of the coyotle stuff, lots of good colors and action. I think the orcs and vennen probably have the most boring artwork. Most of them are just kind of standing there looking impressive, whereas the coyotle are always in the middle of doing something.

I'm a little disappointed that more of the artwork didn't make it into the book, though. I love me some art. I was kind of hoping for HD pictures of every single card.

Cory said he picked what gets AA based on the art he hated the most. Veteran Gladiator was one of them, I think.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
OP has been updated with some closed beta stuff (mostly in the second post). I'm not going to post the new OP until we're ready to make the move to the general games forum since the only people who can get in already pledged to the KS. If you think I should add anything let me know and I'll make it happen.

Also, does anyone have a good site with an up-to-date visual spoiler? (like with the correct Eye of Creation, Jadiim, etc.)

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 24, 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Karnegal posted:

OP has been updated with some closed beta stuff (mostly in the second post). I'm not going to post the new OP until we're ready to make the move to the general games forum since the only people who can get in already pledged to the KS. If you think I should add anything let me know and I'll make it happen.

Also, does anyone have a good site with an up-to-date visual spoiler? (like with the correct Eye of Creation, Jadiim, etc.)

TCG Browser is the best I know of.

Also, the spoiler isn't visual but the Gamepedia wiki is an up to date wiki that just got the unofficial blessing

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Welp, this is bad. I don't have a code email, and I can't even log into the game itself.

Who do I need to get to strangle to fix this?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The game is generally down for everyone right now I think. I'd raise a storm on the forums if you haven't gotten an email yet. Also check your spam folders.

edit:

quote:

There are three common reasons you did not receive your Kickstarter rewards email:
1 – Your SPAM filter caught it and put it in your Junk Email box. How rude!
2 – Our mass emailer doesn’t allow for role-based email addresses. So, emails like Webmaster@, SysAdmin@, and so on couldn’t go out. For a complete list, click here.
3 – You changed your email since the end of the campaign and we didn’t know! Oh no! Luckily, we can get that sorted out through our Worker Bots at Support.HEXTCG.com. Register and open a ticket with your name, email, backing level, and transaction ID to request an account change.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 24, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I would expect the game to be down for most of the day unless they pull off something miraculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Check promotions if you have gmail, thats where mine showed up.

• Locked thread