Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AlexF posted:

We'd be happy to take Verbeek. Seems like a cool guy.
Eh, if it's true that his leadership style ultimately alienated the players, as it reportedly did at his previous clubs, I'd be careful about such proclamations.
edit:

nippythefish posted:

you heading to the last game in Gelsenkirchen?
Unfortunately not. I'm working abroad until the end of May, so I'm watching all this unfold from a distance.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

frankenfreak posted:

Unfortunately not. I'm working abroad until the end of May, so I'm watching all this unfold from a distance.

Bummer. We'll be watching the downfall live and then getting absolutely plastered afterwards. At least we'll be in a "friendly" stadium, so there'll be fewer chants of "Zweite Liga, Nürnberg ist dabei!"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

ephex posted:

David Moyes is free...

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That Nuremburg game was atrocious, had pretty good seats, but it was a proper bumming.

I did get a kit though. Gonna wear it up to Kaiserslautern next week.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Immer wieder, zweite Liga, immer wieder, FCN :twisted:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

ephex posted:

Nürnberg Fans, Nürnberg Fans, nehmt euch Montags frei, denn da kommt im DSF die Bundesliga Zwei

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Uh, didn't you just boast about getting a Nürnberg shirt?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Soulex posted:

Nürnberg Fans, Nürnberg Fans, nehmt euch Montags frei, denn da kommt im DSF die Bundesliga Zwei

Tasty Nippythefish meltdown incoming, prepare for walls of text and dickpix

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

elbkaida posted:

Uh, didn't you just boast about getting a Nürnberg shirt?

I get a shirt from every city I visit, so it's nothing special. I'm not a supporter, but I do go to games when I can because it's 1) close by 2) cheap 3) an opportunity to hang out with nippy and get drunk/watch him get pissed at the refs. But to be fair, I do that too. I need to know what the most insulting thing to say in German to shout at the referees. I've been shouting Italian at them. And English just doesn't sound as brutal with insults.

I don't hate the club, but that was chanted on the train ride home. In all honesty, it sucks they're getting relegated. I'll probably still go to a few games while I can next season even if they are in 2. bundesliga. The Ultras are pretty hardcore with support, and any club that recognizes it's ultras/fans has my respect. The team acknowledged the fan sections twice (before and after the game). Something my team doesn't do at all, which makes me sad.

I do need to see Bayern play before I go back to the states. I'm not a true supporter of them, but I like them, even if Pep ruined what made me like watching Bayern play to begin with. drat shame Jupp retired.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ephex posted:

At least we get to be the lone Rekordabsteiger. :colbert: I just hope we soon get that for Rekordaufsteiger, too.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ephex posted:

Tasty Nippythefish meltdown incoming, prepare for walls of text and dickpix

you're so good at reading this thread that you missed that this joke was already posted. By me.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nippythefish posted:

you're so good at reading this thread that you missed that this joke was already posted. By me.

You're so good at posting dickpix that everybody is going to make that joke about you posting pix of your dick with your name written on it all the time for eternity until you meltdown again and post new dickpix.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ephex posted:

You're so good at posting dickpix that everybody is going to make that joke about you posting pix of your dick with your name written on it all the time for eternity until you meltdown again and post new dickpix.

you're so good about posting about people posting dickpix that you should definitely keeping on posting about posting about dickpix until you inevitably meltdown and post your own dickpix then you can post about posting your own dickpix.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > The Ray Parlour > Bundesliga Megathread 2014/15: dickpix and meltdowns

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Pand posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > The Ray Parlour > Bundesliga Megathread 2014/15: dickpix and meltdowns

apparently. I can certainly understand why he's not coming to talk about football after BM's lovely showing last night.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So is Nippy "Dick Pix," and Im "Meltdown?"

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Soulex posted:

So is Nippy "Dick Pix," and Im "Meltdown?"

I'm both now, apparently.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Great Bayern match last night, I'm really digging their current form and hope they continue in this fashion! Personal highlight was when Müller got beat to the ball and threw a giant tantrum.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Great Bayern match last night, I'm really digging their current form and hope they continue in this fashion! Personal highlight was when Müller got beat to the ball and threw a giant tantrum.

not just beat to the ball...he whiffed miserably. It was joyous.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

1 - 0 down to Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final, you say? A true meltdown. It is literally impossible to overturn this 1 goal lead.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

antidote posted:

1 - 0 down to Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final, you say? A true meltdown. It is literally impossible to overturn this 1 goal lead.

I honestly don't think you really believe that we're saying they're done. It's just entertaining when they demonstrate a weakness of some sort.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

An exposed weakness in a large force that seems impossible to contend with gets everyone excited.

As long as Pep decides to let people shoot instead of cross. And stop passing so goddamn much it might do them some good

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

antidote posted:

This.

But still, Bayerns performance was pathetic last night. Slow, predictable and toothless. Ribery was lethargic, Boateng shakey, the best RB played in midfield instead of dealing with Ronaldo etc.

Müller threw a tantrum, yes, but from his perspective it felt like a clear foul in the box and you could only see that it's not a penalty after the slowmo replay.

We're not out of it yet, but by the love of everything that is holy Pep, try something different and more direct please.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ephex posted:

This.

But still, Bayerns performance was pathetic last night. Slow, predictable and toothless. Ribery was lethargic, Boateng shakey, the best RB played in midfield instead of dealing with Ronaldo etc.

Müller threw a tantrum, yes, but from his perspective it felt like a clear foul in the box and you could only see that it's not a penalty after the slowmo replay.

We're not out of it yet, but by the love of everything that is holy Pep, try something different and more direct please.

Robben was the most respectable player on the team last night, and that's saying something. Dude put out a poo poo ton more effort than the rest of the team.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

antidote posted:

this but unironically. enjoy your terrible failure of a season with only four titles and half a dozen league records set for all eternity

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nippythefish posted:

Robben was the most respectable player on the team last night, and that's saying something. Dude put out a poo poo ton more effort than the rest of the team.

He has been doing so for weeks. Peps match plan at the moment seems to be keeping all the possession at whatever cost and hoping that Robben scores the winner.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

ephex posted:

He has been doing so for weeks. Peps match plan at the moment seems to be keeping all the possession at whatever cost and hoping that Robben scores the winner.

a shame Robben isn't Messi I guess

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Robben's left foot is Gyarados, his right is Magikarp. He gets into trouble whenever the opponent remembers that, and it continues to amaze me that such few teams abuse this.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

Robben's left foot is Gyarados, his right is Magikarp.

Ah, yes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I think of footballers exclusively in Pokémon analogies.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Well, Bayern does try to collect them all.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Katana Gomai posted:

Robben's left foot is Gyarados, his right is Magikarp.

I have literally no idea what this means. :corsair:

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

Pand posted:

Only 90s kids will get this.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
top top posting on this page, lads

It sucks that we lost, but 1-0 is hardly impossible to overturn.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Pand posted:

Magikarp is a useless fish Pokémon whose only move is "Splash", which does absolutely nothing. If you manage to get it to level 20, it evolves to Gyarados, a seadragon thing which used to be one of the strongest Pokémon there is.

Dunban posted:

Aren't we salty today.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 24, 2014

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

Magikarp is a useless fish Pokémon whose only move is "Splash", which does absolutely nothing. If you manage to get it to level 20, it evolves to Gyarados, a seadragon thing which used to be one of the strongest Pokémon there is.

Aren't we salty today.

Nice, drat nice in fact.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
One of the best teams in the world loses by a solitary goal while playing away to one of the best teams in the world. Truly these are the end of days. How will Bayern ever live down this ignominy. #pepout

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dunban posted:

Meh. It's not quite twenty+ points ahead and lost some of its luster in the more recent posts, including some bad ones.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

mackintosh posted:

One of the best teams in the world loses by a solitary goal while playing away to one of the best teams in the world. Truly these are the end of days. How will Bayern ever live down this ignominy. #pepout

Agreed. I think I'll support Liverpool from now on.

frankenfreak posted:

Meh. It's not quite twenty+ points ahead and lost some of its luster in the more recent posts, including some bad ones.

:thumbsup:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I suggest we focus on dicussion the really important question raised last night: "What the Christ?"

Please keep the discussion serious and on topic and abstain from all "Guten Abend allerseits" jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Joah guad eh, hehe, do Franz, I sags amoi so, joah guad eeeeeeh, er hat scho besser ausgschaut.

• Locked thread