Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Thrasophius posted:

What is the ammo consumption like on akstilletos? I'm assuming you start to run dry quite quickly with it being a secondary if that's the case what mutation do the akstilletos need, pistol mutation because they are a sidearm or a rifle one?

Yeah, once you start dealing with full-auto sidearms instead of single-shot sidearms, you're bound to run into some ammo problems. However, the akstilettos are pretty drat accurate for being full-auto, so you can pull off headshots a lot easier and that leads to tons of ammo being saved. Because of that, the only place I can potentially run out of ammo is in a long survival mission; never in a regular mission. And even then, I don't really mind because it gives me an excuse to play with my primary. But if you are worried about ammo, here are a few things to do:

1) Put pistol ammo mutation or trick mag mods on your akstilletos. This should lead to you being able to carry a lot more ammo and get a lot more ammo back from drops.

2) Be a lazy space ninja and have a carrier sentinel which vacuums up ammo everywhere. Just by having this you'll have easier access to all the ammo that drops and that leads to more ammo. Technically you could pick it all up by yourself, but you'll always miss a few here and there and this fixes that.

3) Get the medium team ammo restore blueprint from clan research (try to avoid the regular market bp if you can) and craft those up for cheap. If you're in trouble, just use one of those can get some ammo back. You'll also give ammo back to nearby space ninjas, so you'll feel good.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 23, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
How does ammo/energy restore works, Is there a min/max radius? I've only used it in limited applications and just stood on top of the thing to be sure. Also still have the full ammo restore boxes from way back when. Wish there was a way to replicate them :(

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Energy restores are secretly very good. You can just park on one and spam abilities indefinitely on defense missions.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Restores are also great because you can use them midair and create a platform for yourself, and even after it disappears you don't fall down unless you move!!

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

Ignis hits multiple targets, Flux does not. Flux is so much worse than Ignis it's crazy.

They need to take a month and do a full balance pass on their guns, there's so many that are just poo poo now.

Also, unless this has changed recently, the Synapse from the bio lab works exactly like the Flux Rifle, just with a different beam effect and stats that are better in every possible way. RIP, trusty old Flux Rifle. :(

Edit: Yeah, I didn't believe it at first but the consumables are all pretty useful, especially when you spam a pile. The 10x reusable blueprints from the labs are pretty expensive at 250k, but they're worth getting for more than convenience: the materials they need are even more common than the 1x bps. Enjoy turning your nanospores into something useful!

Cathair fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 23, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Flux does have a niche in nekros poopsocking since it does slashing damage and can cut things in half.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

FutureCop posted:

Yeah, once you start dealing with full-auto sidearms instead of single-shot sidearms, you're bound to run into some ammo problems. However, the akstilettos are pretty drat accurate for being full-auto, so you can pull off headshots a lot easier and that leads to tons of ammo being saved. Because of that, the only place I can potentially run out of ammo is in a long survival mission; never in a regular mission. And even then, I don't really mind because it gives me an excuse to play with my primary. But if you are worried about ammo, here are a few things to do:

1) Put pistol ammo mutation or trick mag mods on your akstilletos. This should lead to you being able to carry a lot more ammo and get a lot more ammo back from drops.

2) Be a lazy space ninja and have a carrier sentinel which vacuums up ammo everywhere. Just by having this you'll have easier access to all the ammo that drops and that leads to more ammo. Technically you could pick it all up by yourself, but you'll always miss a few here and there and this fixes that.

3) Get the medium team ammo restore blueprint from clan research (try to avoid the regular market bp if you can) and craft those up for cheap. If you're in trouble, just use one of those can get some ammo back. You'll also give ammo back to nearby space ninjas, so you'll feel good.

Thanks for the tips mate. When it comes to mutations are they only active when the weapon they are on is drawn or will having a pistol mutation mean I can never get ammo for my primary?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Thrasophius posted:

Thanks for the tips mate. When it comes to mutations are they only active when the weapon they are on is drawn or will having a pistol mutation mean I can never get ammo for my primary?

They only mutate ammo if you're full on that type. So if you have a rifle and have shot off a few magazines, the rifle pickups will go toward replenishing your rifle ammo pool until it's maxed out--regardless of which weapon you have equipped. Basically, it's something you don't have to think about in-mission.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Denzine posted:

Serration, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, and Heavy Caliber for Ignis, then whatever elemental mods you feel like using. Hcal has no appreciable down side for Ignis. If you don't have hcal, slot the relevant Bane mod.

Once you get Ignis rolling it is almost trivial to get 6 polarities on it, and then you have a gun that lets you w+m1 99% of the game.

Maybe I should start tossing formas into my Ignis. So far my experience with the Penta has been alright, but not earth-shattering. Especially since I tend to be a bit laggy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

They only mutate ammo if you're full on that type. So if you have a rifle and have shot off a few magazines, the rifle pickups will go toward replenishing your rifle ammo pool until it's maxed out--regardless of which weapon you have equipped. Basically, it's something you don't have to think about in-mission.

Pretty sure Mutations only work if you have the relevant weapon out, and will grab other pickups even if you aren't topped off. So if you shot off some rifle mags and keep your pistol out, it'll still convert those rifle pickups into pistol ammo.

But then again I run carrier so I literally never switch away without filling up. :V

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Male Man posted:

That's good to hear, at least I won't be effectively landed with one weapon because I chose a mutation mod.

What sort of mods should I use fusion cores on to get the most out of them? I've got 40+ of the things and don't want to waste them and my credits for little gain.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Thrasophius posted:

That's good to hear, at least I won't be effectively landed with one weapon because I chose a mutation mod.

What sort of mods should I use fusion cores on to get the most out of them? I've got 40+ of the things and don't want to waste them and my credits for little gain.

First, get the ones that are just +damage (Serration for rifles, Hornet Strike for pistols, Pressure Point for melee) up to a decent level. Then add to elemental damage mods.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Grustrag 3, Harvester, amd Stalker. After fulfilling some conditions in previous game you have a chance for them to come into your game to try and kill you. The G3 and Harvester drop parts for the Brakk and Detron respectively, both shotgun type weapons for the secondary slot. The Stalker has a chance to drop blueprints for the Dread bow, Despair kunai, or Hate scythe.

Welp. I wasn't aware they went by that classification.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

AMPREX
Fire a continuous beam of electricity that arcs among nearby enemies with the AMPREX Rifle. Bring shocking strength and exceptional crowd control with this high voltage weapon.

CARABUS and SPRITE Sentinel Skins
Give your Deth Cube a new look with the CARABUS Skin or deck out your Shade with the new SPRITE Skin.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Carecat posted:

AMPREX - A cool new weapon that sounds like Volts kickass 1st ability.

Thanks for the heads up, started researching it in my dojo.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Those are definitely looking nice, I was really happy with the skin for carrier given how horrible it looks by default, and even if I don't use them, the dethcube and shade both decorate very poorly and for the most part are better off without accessories (though I do like the carrier skin without a mask unless I'm using the full parrot getup).

That rifle sounds pretty cool too, though it sounds like it's going to do what everyone hoped the synapse would be.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That gun just screams...

quote:

AMPREX

This gun makes you regret pumping 5 Forma into your Synapse! Witness firsthand the effects of power creep with NEW SHINY that's over 9001x more powerful and useful in every situation than every other primary currently available.

Been wanting to kill enemies on the other side of the map but can't mod your ult to reach that far? No problem! Just fire the AMPREX at a nearby enemy and watch the devastation chain its way across the entire level. Click and forget is the name of the game!

Makes the Ogris look like child's play.

Only 12,000 Tennobux(c) plus 382.75 plat for rush delivery!

But maybe that's just me.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

It does kinda make me sad but I love my Synapse and who knows, maybe like all the other Corpus weapons it'll be horrible.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's an energy weapon so there's a 80% chance it sucks.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
FINALLY loving see the G3 for the first time since the patch. Kill the last one and BAM, game froze then crashed. I've about had it with this loving game and its bullshit.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
The codex says the Amprex does 20% more damage than Synapse but with a longer reload (2.0s compared to 1.5s) and twice the ammo consumption (which also means the magazine lasts half as long). It does have twice the status/sec and the same crit stats, though.

I guess it'll live or die based on its range and how useful the chain lightning ends up being. If it's Spectra-length then Synapse has nothing to worry about.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I first looked at the Amprex and thought it was a chainsaw and thought "oh sweet holy gently caress, a chainsaw!". Sorely disappointed.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usU78p7htmY

It does 40% less than Synapse but works like a lightning Ignis or something.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Yeah, seems like the cone is inverted compared to an Ignis. You'll hit more targets close up but you can still zap thingies at a moderate range.

Whatever, more mastery for the mastery god.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I have like 25 Fieldron from constantly hitting up the Grineer trying to farm for Brakk, so I've got something to sink those into at least now.

Let's not forget that the once-mighty Flux Rifle is an energy weapon too.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

I love cats posted:

It still works. It is not visual. You go around absorbing damage.
Is it controllable, or is it just momentum from coptering? How do you do it?

You've been posting some really good tips, kudos for that. But I have one for you: you keep writing "hustle" when you mean "hassle"!

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

You've been posting some really good tips, kudos for that. But I have one for you: you keep writing "hustle" when you mean "hassle"!

You just run around as usual, except you're absorbing. I think you can also do it by getting knocked down as you're casting it, but the most reliable way is to activate absorb while falling off the level. Then you can just run around while shooting yourself with a Penta or whatever.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Male Man posted:

The codex says the Amprex does 20% more damage than Synapse but with a longer reload (2.0s compared to 1.5s) and twice the ammo consumption (which also means the magazine lasts half as long). It does have twice the status/sec and the same crit stats, though.

I guess it'll live or die based on its range and how useful the chain lightning ends up being. If it's Spectra-length then Synapse has nothing to worry about.

For me it will live or die by its starting polarities, I don't feel like dropping another 6 forma in another electric damage gun.

e: wiki claims it doesn't have any at all, I really thought DE had learned the error in their ways.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

At times, I wish I had a use for all my broken components. I've mastered enough weapons that building new stuff is a rare pleasure, so I can stockpile plenty of Fieldrons/Detonite/MutagenMasses just by running the invasions now and then.

Which means that the thousands of little Fieldron Samples and Detonite Ampules in my inventory are basically junk.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

AndroidHub posted:

For me it will live or die by its starting polarities, I don't feel like dropping another 6 forma in another electric damage gun.

e: wiki claims it doesn't have any at all, I really thought DE had learned the error in their ways.

No polarities? Well that's a nice one stop ride to disappointment then.

Speaking of disappointment and annoyance, literally the first bloody mission I do without my Nekors and BAM the stupid stalker finally shows up and does he have my order right? No of course not! He brought me another drat Despair, I want Hate you stupid bastard! I have warehouses full of Despair and Dread but no Hate. Dammit I also forgot to take his picture before sticking him to the wall with my Paris.

Oh and I know I just said yesterday how 90% of all dojo weapons are all awful but for some reason I am really starting to like the Acrid. I haven't any idea why, it's damage isn't great or anything, I just like it.

Edit: Wow they gave Teno in the rail attack a loot table, I just got Berserker and 2 Rage from one run.

Edit2: Well that bites, I really wanted to desecrate him too.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 24, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can't desecrate the Stalker.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...
Lies, I've seen many frames teabag stalker on his way out.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Cainer posted:

Speaking of disappointment and annoyance, literally the first bloody mission I do without my Nekors and BAM the stupid stalker finally shows up and does he have my order right? No of course not! He brought me another drat Despair, I want Hate you stupid bastard! I have warehouses full of Despair and Dread but no Hate. Dammit I also forgot to take his picture before sticking him to the wall with my Paris.

Well bully for you, all Stalker's dropped for me is an Intensify mod. Still felt good being able to kill him for once.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I've got an Akbolto,an Akvasto and an Akmagnus, should I just sell them all and get a Marelok? The only one of those three that I have that I actually like and put a potato into was the Akbolto, and I've had that since update 8 or something.

Edit: Should I bother making a Detron? I've heard that it's mediocre and I only have the parts due to two random encounters with the invasion in a pubby group.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Haerc posted:

I've got an Akbolto,an Akvasto and an Akmagnus, should I just sell them all and get a Marelok? The only one of those three that I have that I actually like and put a potato into was the Akbolto, and I've had that since update 8 or something.

Edit: Should I bother making a Detron? I've heard that it's mediocre and I only have the parts due to two random encounters with the invasion in a pubby group.

Why hold on to weapons you don't like, or get rid of weapons you do? Just keep on making more stuff and selling whatever isn't to your liking. Past a certain point mastery is pointless, but the actual game is pretty much just playing around with different ways to kill dudes. More guns = more ways to kill dudes even if you don't keep them long term.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Cainer posted:

Oh and I know I just said yesterday how 90% of all dojo weapons are all awful but for some reason I am really starting to like the Acrid. I haven't any idea why, it's damage isn't great or anything, I just like it.

Acrid is fantastic. It's not the kills-all-the-things utterly broken powerhouse that it once was, but I'd say it's a solid second place behind Marelok and Brakk/Detron.

The key thing about Acrid is every shot has a 100% status proc for Toxic, on top of the listed status chance for its actual damage types. Throw on an Electric mod, and the main shot will do Corrosive damage (i.e. death to Grineer), but the shots are still guaranteed to proc the Toxin dot which ignores shields (i.e. death to Corpus).

Haerc posted:

IMO, never sell a weapon unless you find that you absolutely hate it, or you're out of slots and NEED MASTERY NOW. (Sell some mods for plat, or throw $10 at the game, and buy a bajillion slots.) Not only are slots a fairly cheap usage of plat, but DE has a bad tendency to rebalance old lovely weapons and make them awesome.

The Detron is mediocre damage-wise -- by default, it's solid against Grineer and junk against Corpus. The Marelok is far more flexible. The Detron HAS been useful for me in the past, though -- it deals Radiation damage by default, and has a 10% base status chance. Throw a couple of +status mods on it, and you have a reasonable chance of inflicting confusion status with every pellet.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 24, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You guys are missing out on late-night craziness by not joining Mumble. A guy popped into the channel and started interviewing us at 4 AM in the morning, after like half an hour of awkward goonyness he told us he was doing it for Twitch; someone found the channel and he even had a loving facecam for his ten followers. :psyduck:

It was incredibly surreal.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Azran posted:

You guys are missing out on late-night craziness by not joining Mumble. A guy popped into the channel and started interviewing us at 4 AM in the morning, after like half an hour of awkward goonyness he told us he was doing it for Twitch; someone found the channel and he even had a loving facecam for his ten followers. :psyduck:

It was incredibly surreal.

Richard Gamingo?!

Cheap Trick posted:

Well bully for you, all Stalker's dropped for me is an Intensify mod. Still felt good being able to kill him for once.

Sorry, if I could give these away I would, RNG is mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It is hassle. Hassle! Goddamn it. Thanks!

You can move around freely.

I haven't yet figured out a way to pull it off consistently. It tends to happen when I use the power during weapon switching/reloading animations or when the casting is interrupted by being knocked down or by attempting to fire a gun.

I think it is a bug caused by lag or performance issues.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 24, 2014