Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schürrle.

Chelsea's probable starting 11 against Liverpool this weekend.

Can we try Sunderland again with that team instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schürrle.

I hope they do this and win OP

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

That defence is shipping at least 5 if it's true.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

That defence is shipping at least 5 if it's true.
Hint: It's not true.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

irlZaphod posted:

Hint: It's not true.

I want to believe!

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Realistically Schwartzer needs time to gel with a back four so it'll probably be

Schwartzer; Cole, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpectualla; Lampard, Mikel, Matic; Salah, Torres, X

where x is some other attacker idk probably Schurrle

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

X will probably be Schurrle, or maybe Hazard (depending on fitness - he might want to give him some game time before Wednesday).

I think it'll probably be Ba instead of Torres but idk.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol there is no way.

I can't even imagine how furious I'd be if I supported City and Mourinho actually did that.

They should be more furious with their own team for literally throwing the title away.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Got a text from a mate talking about Roy Keane at Carrington. That must be a joke but I don't know what to believe anymore. I know I hope it's true, though...

E: in the Indie as well, great!

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

X will probably be Schurrle, or maybe Hazard (depending on fitness - he might want to give him some game time before Wednesday).

I think it'll probably be Ba instead of Torres but idk.

Torres is destined to take the title away from Liverpool is all just imo

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

its not true at all. Chelsea are 2nd, 5 points behind. Beat Liverpool and it's 2 points behind with Liverpool still having that tricky Palace trip.

Although I think he'll be the first manager to win the CL with 3 different clubs if he wins it with the Chels and I wont be too surprised if he puts his ego before everything else.

Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen and Ake VS Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling, Gerrard and Coutinho. lmao

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

Torres is destined to take the title away from Liverpool is all just imo
Yeah I forgot about that

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Xabi posted:

Got a text from a mate talking about Roy Keane at Carrington. That must be a joke but I don't know what to believe anymore. I know I hope it's true, though...

E: in the Indie as well, great!

There's been a bit of talk over the last day or two about van Gaal with Keane as assistant.

Mental cop and mental cop.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Um Keano is in the process of helping lead the Republic of Ireland to International football glory.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hasn't Keane burnt bridges with the majority of the people at old trafford? Although i'd have a massive lol just to see him personally fling ferdinand into the sea

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

They should be more furious with their own team for literally throwing the title away.

This!!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol there is no way.

I can't even imagine how furious I'd be if I supported City and Mourinho actually did that.

I think we'd potentially be a tiny bit annoyed if any City fan (amongst all the ones I know) expected us to take maximum points from our final 2 away games.

As others have said though, we blew it in the opening 2 months of the season losing to Sunderland, Cardiff and Villa, so I don't think any of us are going to get too annoyed by whatever Chelsea are upto. We have been playing catch up all along, so noone to blame but ourselves.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 24, 2014

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
pretty much what tgf said, except chelsea are cunts and jose mourinho is a oval office and I hate them regardless

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I think we'd potentially be a tiny bit annoyed if any City fan (amongst all the ones I know) expected us to take maximum points from our final 2 away games.

I'd be surprised if you get six points at Everton and Palace too but I worry that we'll struggle at the latter as well...which would mean if Chelsea beat us at Anfield they'd likely win the title. Hence why there is no loving way he will field a weak team. If he actually does it's not just City supporters that should be pissed off but Chelsea supporters for having such a gutless manager.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ewar Woowar posted:

If he actually does it's not just City supporters that should be pissed off but Chelsea supporters for having such a gutless manager.

they'll be tearing up the A4 sheets of paper with WELCOME HOME written on it definitely, glued on macaroni glitter sparkles falling like rain

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think people are getting carried away with how good Crystal Palace are tbh. They're playing well but I'd be surprised if they took more than a point from their 2 games against Liverpool and City.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
We are all so happy at our continued excellence in the Champions League and the benefits it gives perennial 4th place finishers that we can give another charity case a bone.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think people are getting carried away with how good Crystal Palace are tbh. They're playing well but I'd be surprised if they took more than a point from their 2 games against Liverpool and City.

Palace have won their last 5 games in a row, which included a home win against Chelsea and an away win against Everton (breaking Everton's own run of victories in the process). They're hardly pushovers.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Tony pulis is going to give Mourinho the title because he loves parking the bus that much

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
They ARE safe now, though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

We are all so happy at our continued excellence in the Champions League and the benefits it gives perennial 4th place finishers that we can give another charity case a bone.

This isn't some first round League Cup match, this is a game that could help you win the title. Fielding a weakened side would be such a pathetic thing to do given the resources Chelsea have.

Mourinho mind games his own fans into thinking he's a far better manager than he is.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Diego Torres' book on Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid is even partly true, then Mourinho capitulating the title by fielding a weakened team would very much be in his character.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

If Diego Torres' book on Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid is even partly true, then Mourinho capitulating the title by fielding a weakened team would very much be in his character.

to be fair RM don't give a poo poo about La Liga

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Modus Trollens posted:

to be fair RM don't give a poo poo about La Liga
One of the reasons he was brought in was to beat Barca, and on a few occasions he was happy to draw or lose to them, just so he could bitch about referee bias in the press afterwards. Hes got some really loving weird thing about referees.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gorn Myson posted:

He's like a child pretending he only didn't win the trophy because he didn't even bother trying.

Chelsea have enough cup tied and suspended players to put a strong enough team out regardless though.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Ewar Woowar posted:

This isn't some first round League Cup match, this is a game that could help you win the title. Fielding a weakened side would be such a pathetic thing to do given the resources Chelsea have.

Mourinho mind games his own fans into thinking he's a far better manager than he is.

Managers field weakened teams before big matches all the time. And there's no point in pretending Chelsea can win the league, the title is between City and Liverpool. Liverpool aren't going to drop points to 2 sides with nothing to play for.

And regardless of mind games, Mourinho is one of the greatest managers of all time, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Hes got some really loving weird thing about referees.

He consistently congratulates them on a job well done so idk what you're talking about

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Benitez will call his good friend Tony Pulis and convince him to be a pal to Liverpool. :)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Managers field weakened teams before big matches all the time. And there's no point in pretending Chelsea can win the league, the title is between City and Liverpool. Liverpool aren't going to drop points to 2 sides with nothing to play for.

And regardless of mind games, Mourinho is one of the greatest managers of all time, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Most managers haven't spent a billion pounds assembling a squad deep enough to compete in four competitions at once.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Most managers haven't spent a billion pounds assembling a squad deep enough to compete in four competitions at once.

anyone could walk the CL with that Porto or Inter team lets be honest

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Modus Trollens posted:

anyone could walk the CL with that Porto or Inter team lets be honest

Some breathtaking revisionism, this.

e: wait you were being sarcastic. I get jokes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Oh, my comment wasn't about Mourinho being a good manager, he is. It was about managers fielding weakened lineups all the time. Most clubs that do that are much poorer than Chelsea. When a Chelsea or a City fields a 'weaker' lineup we call it squad rotation, because even their weak lineups cost about 400 million pounds.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Oh, my comment wasn't about Mourinho being a good manager, he is. It was about managers fielding weakened lineups all the time. Most clubs that do that are much poorer than Chelsea. When a Chelsea or a City fields a 'weaker' lineup we call it squad rotation, because even their weak lineups cost about 400 million pounds.

oh yeah and especially with the ammount of cup tied and suspended players he has anyway

hes just having a bitch that the FA cares more about their tv money than english clubs doing well in the CL which is fair enough - the FA would never move a match to friday or saturday even because money reasons and contracts etc

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

if jose could take chelsea to la liga, he would imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

emjayo posted:

if jose could take chelsea to la liga, he would imo

he could grind out 1-0 wins every week and just forefit the games against barca and madrid and win La Liga

• Locked thread