Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

So the Kickstarter rewards are purely based on the code you get from your pledge? I bought into King Tier but don't think I'll be playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

FoolishLobster posted:

So the Kickstarter rewards are purely based on the code you get from your pledge? I bought into King Tier but don't think I'll be playing the game.

All your rewards come via emailed codes. If you're looking to sell, there's a number of people around the thread here interested.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Go RV! posted:

All your rewards come via emailed codes. If you're looking to sell, there's a number of people around the thread here interested.

Awesome, thanks. Was hoping it was only codes and not just something they flag our accounts with.

With that said, I'm selling my King Tier at cost. PM me if interested.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Go RV! posted:

there's a number of people around the thread here interested.

I am that person. I am especially interested in a Grand King if anyone feels like parting with their codes etc.

What I am worried about is CZE getting uppity about selling account rewards. They've said in no uncertain terms that an account cannot be sold. But the rewards tied to accounts is kind of in limbo. Are they an "item" on the account?

Source: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25763&page=3

Edit: Reading the TOS again. Definitely can't sell an account. In fact, I think the purple in that thread was wrong. You can't "redistribute of sublicense your account or any part of the HEX Game." Basically, no moving stuff around for real money.

If it were just codes being redeemed on an account I'd say whatever. In fact, they expressly say to NOT redeem multiple pledge codes on the same account in the email. Makes me wonder if they did this on purpose to catch people selling accounts?

I'm just being paranoid maybe :smith:

Afgad fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 24, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Afgad posted:

I am that person. I am especially interested in a Grand King if anyone feels like parting with their codes etc.

What I am worried about is CZE getting uppity about selling account rewards. They've said in no uncertain terms that an account cannot be sold. But the rewards tied to accounts is kind of in limbo. Are they an "item" on the account?

Source: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=25763&page=3

I feel like if they were really concerned about it, they wouldn't have given us codes for everything. The way they describe combining multiple pledges, I'm sure the codes can be added to any account.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The impression I get is that they don't care too much about account sales but have to have the official policy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

So if i'm reading this correctly, our free drafts a week for life have started already?

If so, on what day does a week start/finish?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Afgad posted:

Edit: Reading the TOS again. Definitely can't sell an account. In fact, I think the purple in that thread was wrong. You can't "redistribute of sublicense your account or any part of the HEX Game." Basically, no moving stuff around for real money.

If it were just codes being redeemed on an account I'd say whatever. In fact, they expressly say to NOT redeem multiple pledge codes on the same account in the email. Makes me wonder if they did this on purpose to catch people selling accounts?

Yeah but do the "pledge codes" just refer to the first code (the "Kickstarter Rewards" one) or does it mean all of them? I mean if that was the case then why bother splitting the codes up in the first place. Some people have already made some posts regarding this stuff on the forums so I'm keeping an eye on them to see if CZE has any clarification.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
My free draft token has a timestamp on it, so it looks like a week is literally seven days from the moment the token is put into your account.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Valatar posted:

My free draft token has a timestamp on it, so it looks like a week is literally seven days from the moment the token is put into your account.

So sounds like I should submit my code for free drafts on Friday night so I'll always get it on the weekend.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
You should submit it now. You'll always be able to save it for the weekend and if you ever want to play one on a Thursday you'll be able to do that too.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Well, you may want to consider how far off release is (and thus when the cutoff date is) and when set 2 might be coming out. If we can use the free drafts on set 2 it will be more valuable. It's a matter of if you care about that and are willing to wait for more information or not, really.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
My thought was that I usually will have time to play full tournaments on weekends, but not necessarily every weekend, so I'd like to make sure my tickets expire sometime early Friday evening. That way I can use old tickets early Friday and maybe play two free games in an open weekend.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

cathead posted:

Well, you may want to consider how far off release is (and thus when the cutoff date is) and when set 2 might be coming out. If we can use the free drafts on set 2 it will be more valuable. It's a matter of if you care about that and are willing to wait for more information or not, really.

To be fair though, this is drafts for a year, and they have said that they're assuming for a set release every 3 months, if I remember correctly. So, the earliest you'd have to worry about that is set 4 or 5.

They have said the year of drafting codes do expire, though. Don't sit on them forever.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So I have codes for Dungeon Crawler and Pro Player tiers however the Pro Player code was sent to a secondary email account whereas the Dungeon Crawler code was sent to my primary email account (the email account I used for the beta). I assume there would be no issues using the Pro Player code on my account registered with my primary email account and then creating a new account with my secondary email to redeem the Dungeon Crawler code?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Afgad posted:

The latest email specifically says, "Some of you had multiple pledges. If you would like to redeem multiple codes on an account, you may."

Also Crypto has had multiple interviews/articles with Hextcgpro and they have a store setup already that will sell cards for money. A grey market is going to exist, I think the only thing people have to worry about is getting screwed by the other person.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 24, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Go RV! posted:

To be fair though, this is drafts for a year, and they have said that they're assuming for a set release every 3 months, if I remember correctly. So, the earliest you'd have to worry about that is set 4 or 5.

They have said the year of drafting codes do expire, though. Don't sit on them forever.

Yeah I was mostly talking about maximizing your value from that sort of thing, since we saw how long alpha lasted, so who knows how long beta will and if that will delay set 2's release. Shaqattaq specifically said they would expire "shortly after release" so that seems like the cutoff there. It's more a matter of if you want to just use it now and not worry about it, or leave it until the last minute and try to get free drafts for as many future sets as possible.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Hex like mtgo where i can use my packs to draft or should i should i just open them? Can youdraft with primal packs? Should i just open my primals?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
You can use your normal packs to draft I'm pretty sure (at least that's what I plan on doing with a lot of mine). As far as I know it's not possible to draft with primals and would probably be a bad idea anyway, since you'd be giving away a legendary and 12 or so rares.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I'm saving the three free draft tokens for a later set and would advise other goons to do the same; set 1 stuff is going to be so insanely flooded with the free kickstart packs that they'll be essentially worthless. The timestamp token I was talking about was the free weekly draft token I got from :retrogames: tier, and there's no use in saving those. Use 'em or lose 'em.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

This might be a silly question but for the free weekly drafts for a year does that included the booster packs needed to draft, or is it just the entry fee into the draft and you have to supply your own packs?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
It includes the packs. It would be a pretty lovely reward if it didn't.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Valatar posted:

Yeah, I'm saving the three free draft tokens for a later set and would advise other goons to do the same; set 1 stuff is going to be so insanely flooded with the free kickstart packs that they'll be essentially worthless. The timestamp token I was talking about was the free weekly draft token I got from :retrogames: tier, and there's no use in saving those. Use 'em or lose 'em.

While yeah, I agree with this if you insist on squeezing every cent out of it. Waiting will only give you like 3 bucks each, maximum return. (Assuming that S1 goes for 66 cents less than future sets at the max spread)

That said, I'm probably waiting as well. I've got 155 boosters, using the free draft seems like a waste when it's only a buck a pop.

e: I think I hosed that math up but I can't be assed to figure it out. Point still stands that it's not a huge amount of savings to wait if you've already used up your reward boosters.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 24, 2014

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
It's curious that the code to give a 'friend' 30 packs is live, without any way for is to get said friends the client.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

OBi posted:

It's curious that the code to give a 'friend' 30 packs is live, without any way for is to get said friends the client.

Some people want to use the packs on themselves so why make them wait?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Thoom posted:

It includes the packs. It would be a pretty lovely reward if it didn't.

That's what I originally thought, but was starting to wonder since there is a lot of discussion about keeping the booster packs they gave out as rewards for drafts. Since I doubt I'd have time to do more than one draft a week the free year of weekly drafts works well for me. I can see the benefit in keeping your boosters if you plan to draft more than however many free ones you get and obviously not everyone has the free weekly draft for a year.

Speaking of drafts I know there were some posts a few weeks ago about the game and how people were finding it. I hadn't played a TCG since playing Magic years ago (I stopped around when Ice Age came out) and I've been really loving Hex. I had some great draft games a few weeks ago and ended up playing a CZE guy in the draft. We went to three games and all were incredibly fun. I'm still learning how to play draft format and that was the first time I seemed to build a solid deck. It felt pretty great even though I ended up losing.

The one thing that I didn't like is my first round opponent dropped so I had to wait for 40 minutes or more until I finally got to play. I hope they build in the ability to do something else when you are waiting for your turn in a draft if that happens. Getting to play the AI or something else would be nice. Otherwise you're just sitting there tabbing back and forth. Some kind of sound to alert you when your game is starting would also be nice.

Of course with beta now starting hopefully we will see less people dropping from a draft before it even starts.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Go RV! posted:

That is incredibly ambitious and if they do that it's gonna lead to some broken cards fast.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Downtime extended to 1pm PST.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Protip posted:

The one thing that I didn't like is my first round opponent dropped so I had to wait for 40 minutes or more until I finally got to play. I hope they build in the ability to do something else when you are waiting for your turn in a draft if that happens. Getting to play the AI or something else would be nice. Otherwise you're just sitting there tabbing back and forth. Some kind of sound to alert you when your game is starting would also be nice.

Cory said this functionality is planned.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Protip posted:

That's what I originally thought, but was starting to wonder since there is a lot of discussion about keeping the booster packs they gave out as rewards for drafts. Since I doubt I'd have time to do more than one draft a week the free year of weekly drafts works well for me. I can see the benefit in keeping your boosters if you plan to draft more than however many free ones you get and obviously not everyone has the free weekly draft for a year.

Yes, the free draft token provides everything (entry fee, card packs) for a player to participate in a draft. The reason that the hardcore people are keeping their boosters unopened is that the return on investment is greater if you use the boosters in a tournament rather than just open them. I'm not a big draft person, but I'm still keeping my boosters unused for sealed tournaments, which are more up my alley. I also plan on saving boosters won in the weekly drafts for playing in sealed for 'free'.

So basically an unopened booster pack is potential fuel for an engine that you can use for playtime and winning more booster packs which you can use for playtime and winning more booster... Whereas an opened booster pack is just cards.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
so if I backed from two different emails what do I need to do to get all the benefits transferred to one?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rear end Catchcum posted:

so if I backed from two different emails what do I need to do to get all the benefits transferred to one?

The benefits are all codes so you just put the code in your account. Some things don't stack though so you might want to do a bit of research beforehand, such as the year of free drafts at $250 level.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Valatar posted:

So basically an unopened booster pack is potential fuel for an engine that you can use for playtime and winning more booster packs which you can use for playtime and winning more booster... Whereas an opened booster pack is just cards.

Thanks for the explanation! I never tried sealed during Alpha and I could see it as something I'd enjoy playing. I just might have to hold onto boosters as well.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Servers should be up now, but there's an issue with tournaments so they're not working right now. They're planning on having maint tomorrow to fix that one.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Just FYI logging in is glacially slow at the moment, but it seem to work. I'm about to attempt to redeem my codes.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

You might want to hold off redeeming your codes since a bunch of people are complaining in chat about not getting all their junk. I only got my 25 boosters from my SB code.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

DrManiac posted:

You might want to hold off redeeming your codes since a bunch of people are complaining in chat about not getting all their junk. I only got my 25 boosters from my SB code.

good call, I guess I'll give it a couple hours.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DrManiac posted:

Try relogging. I just redeemed my Dungeon Crawler tier and only the free packs showed up, but relogging gave me all the starter deck cards, alternate art cards (which are in a different stack and have their own rarity, so you have to look for them specifically), and so on.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Your rewards show up if you relog, I had no issue with mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Ugh only 2/155 Primals. even less since I assume that include the free ones

• Locked thread