Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Party Plane Jones posted:

You should get the items as soon as you make a character and get to the tutorial area if I remember right.

I'm at Heides tower of flame :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Oh god the framerate :fap:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Every build is viable really and you're never screwing yourself out of a certain playstyle because you can just reallocate your points with a soul vessel later if you feel like a different build.

Where can it be found, by the way?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

There's not just one. It's just a rare item you can collect throughout the game and you take it to the old hags at the very start of the game to reallocate all your points.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's at least 7 of them I think. They can be found in multiple places but some are hidden away that can only be opened by certain items.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
3,500 deaths so far :fap:

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots
HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE PLAYING ALREADY

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

verybad posted:

HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE PLAYING ALREADY

VPN into Japan apparently.

Not worth the trouble, really.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm at Heides tower of flame :v:

Check the installed DLC for the game, it should show up if you own it. If not, you're boned.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh poo poo that framerate :stonk:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Nobody else bought this through Gamestop's digital download service? I guess that is what I get for using Gamestop. Maybe it doesn't work until the game is 'officially' released? You would think it would let you pre-load at least, considering I have an actual product key. Will they send me a new key or something?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I'll play it tonight, maybe mostly blind, which is what I didn't do with DS1.

Seems to be a lot of butthurt from some people about how this is the B-team doing the game (as opposed to the DeS/DkS1 team) and all the hubbub about tons of stuff that got changed that seem to number in the hundreds as "issues" that make DS2 inferior.

I dunno, maybe after a playthrough or two I'll make up my mind. Either way I'm still excited so unless the game physically comes out of my PC and rapes me then takes a dump on my chest I doubt Dark Souls 2 is really an inferior product from Dark Souls 1 or something.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

I dunno, maybe after a playthrough or two I'll make up my mind. Either way I'm still excited so unless the game physically comes out of my PC and rapes me then takes a dump on my chest I doubt Dark Souls 2 is really an inferior product from Dark Souls 1 or something.

I don't think your computer will sexually assault you.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Sober posted:

I'll play it tonight, maybe mostly blind, which is what I didn't do with DS1.

Seems to be a lot of butthurt from some people about how this is the B-team doing the game (as opposed to the DeS/DkS1 team) and all the hubbub about tons of stuff that got changed that seem to number in the hundreds as "issues" that make DS2 inferior.

Just play for a while and issue your final thoughts two weeks after release, since you'll probably 100%ed the game in that time and tried out different playstyles and builds over time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

I don't think your computer will sexually assault you.

He probably has a Japanese computer

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Took me less than 5 minutes to find a free Japanese VPN, set it up, and start decrypting the files. Decryption took 3x longer than the whole VPN jazz took.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
And on the other hand I used the VPN to unlock and now I get game crash on launch every time! Probably best to wait.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Amazing streamers:

Terrible facecam, no Estus flask, keeps dying to first boss over and over
http://www.twitch.tv/topicalgamer

Hasnt found estus either, and headed straight for the hard area!
http://www.twitch.tv/draculafemmure

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So the frame rate is good, then? :v:

Anyone know how Steamworks will impact multiplayer?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

poptart_fairy posted:

So the frame rate is good, then? :v:

Anyone know how Steamworks will impact multiplayer?

You will be able to summon and be invaded by people. Also your steam name will be your in game name so change it to solaire of astora.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunionbro :colbert:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

:siren: Let's get this party started :siren:

I would hecka stream if I knew how.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

:siren: Let's get this party started :siren:

I would hecka stream if I knew how.
Doesn't that make bosses harder?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sober posted:

It makes everything harder.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Sober posted:

It increases the damage of all enemies, puts you higher up on the invasion list, and makes it so you cannot summon phantoms to help you out. Also to progress you need to get awestones that drop from invading phantoms (both npc invasions and actual human invasions). Get 50 of them and you get the best ring in the game. (covenant mechanics)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

havenwaters posted:

It increases the damage of all enemies, puts you higher up on the invasion list, and makes it so you cannot summon phantoms to help you out. Also to progress you need to get awestones that drop from invading phantoms (both npc invasions and actual human invasions). Get 50 of them and you get the best ring in the game. (covenant mechanics)

Yeah the ring is pretty great, depending on your build.

It gives your bare fists super scaling as well as letting you power stance them. With 40 str/dex they have 350 AR; compare that to the Caestus+10 with the same stats, which only has ~240.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sober posted:

That as well as more difficult enemies, can't summon and are also more likely to be invaded! Fun times

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Then I should be ashamed to say I never joined a covenant in all of Dark Souls 1.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Sober posted:

I played though like the first 3rd of PS3 this way and couldn't figure out why I couldn't summon bros.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Good Citizen posted:

VPN into Japan apparently.

Not worth the trouble, really.

Depends on whether or not you already have the connections set up. If not, sure, but if you do it's literally a few clicks and done.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Then I should be ashamed to say I never joined a covenant in all of Dark Souls 1.

You missed out on some of the weirder and more social parts of the game.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

sether01 posted:

That as well as more difficult enemies, can't summon and are also more likely to be invaded! Fun times

Oh my God, I'm absolutely doing that my first play through.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

If you don't do a blind, melee only, solo Company of Champions playthrough of Dark Souls II, why are you playing this game, then? :colbert:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Steam profile ready to invade people for freedom. Now to wait for Gaben to unleash the beast.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Can the item discovery stat be seen anywhere? I can't find it.

Analogi
Mar 31, 2011

What the duck?

Analogi fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 26, 2014

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

Steam profile ready to invade people for freedom. Now to wait for Gaben to unleash the beast.

I think i love you hahaha

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way, can you summon people whenever now or do you still have to be human? Not sure if they changed it due to the new death mechanic.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

By the way, can you summon people whenever now or do you still have to be human? Not sure if they changed it due to the new death mechanic.

You need to be human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

RBA Starblade posted:

In order to summon people you need to be human. But you can be summoned by other people when you aren't.