Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

mds2 posted:

I can almost guarantee that this guy also posts stuff about wanting to deny any form of welfare to Americans.

Well yeah, how dare the government use his hard earned money to help the poor. But, he'd much rather not help foreign poor people first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
For those of you that had to suffer through the Bundy rancher vs. THE GUBBMENT memes, this happened:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/24/cliven-bundy-on-blacks-are-they-better-off-as-slaves/

quote:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.
“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Here's a less idiotic, more awkward thing that showed up:

Red is Blue's daughter, and while I don't know the context of the status, the last time I saw Red she was at our county courthouse.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

For those of you that had to suffer through the Bundy rancher vs. THE GUBBMENT memes, this happened:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/24/cliven-bundy-on-blacks-are-they-better-off-as-slaves/

The best part about this is how quickly all the politicians who came out in his support are backing off.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FrozenVent posted:

The best part about this is how quickly all the politicians who came out in his support are backing off.

A few are doubled-downing and it's glorious. Well some talking heads are. Not sure if there's a difference on the right.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

quote:

"I want to tell you one more thing about the Negro"

Oh boy what can possibly go wrong

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I was going to just post the link to the tumblr ( http://literallyunbelievable.org/ if you're interested), but this struck me as post-worthy on its own.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
ANTIMATTERED

Holy poo poo that string of words. :stare:

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

holly is my uncle and dan is his wife
I used to really like my uncle until I found out he was just as insane as every other prepper conservative racist rear end in a top hat.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

To be fair, it is pretty wrong.

The article is written by the Daily Mail, a horrible little news rag well known for being homophobic/racist/Hitler-loving. So desperate for website views that its using shock headlines and lovely linkbait to get visitors.

Glad your uncle agress.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Is there an actual story behind that, or is it made up out of whole cloth?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Same guy???

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ I hope so, or else there's two people like this.

Then again, if it is the same guy, it implies that TinTower is the girl and was...dating him? "I don't think I'm your baby anymore"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shuffle posted:

holly is my uncle and dan is his wife
I used to really like my uncle until I found out he was just as insane as every other prepper conservative racist rear end in a top hat.

Those names are pretty terrible.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My local Comic Expo posted a video this morning telling people to get consent before groping cosplayers. It's gender neutral, and totally reasonable. But one guy just couldn't deal with it.

Pretty sure that reasoning is why women are forced to wear burqas in some cultures, Desmond. Also, nice, "women are the real perverts, not men!" MRA chat.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Alien Arcana posted:

Is there an actual story behind that, or is it made up out of whole cloth?

It's real. I read a nice writeup of their wedding awhile back on Offbeat Bride, and they all seem really happy together.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Black is an old neighbour, posts a reasonable shaming of a lovely company for (allegedly) paying people under minimum wage. I don't know orange or where his racist horseshit came from:

£4/hour was an ok wage in the past, why isn't it now :downs:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Picnic Princess posted:

quote:

"I was in a head to toe costume of the Tardis. Women would come up to me and open me up, ask if I was bigger on the inside and call me sexy.

I had to pin my doors shut so that women wouldn't be able to open me up. Right where I opened, happened to be my groin area so it was uncomfortable to have that happen.

Okay I cannot lie and say I don't find the mental image of some dude wearing a huge, unwieldy, boxy costume desperately waddling across the convention floor, watching helplessly as woman after anime-clad woman queues up to semi-drunkenly yell "BIGGER ON THE INSIDE HAW HAW GET IT? :haw:" at him loving hilarious.

So, uh, Desmond 1: Feminists 0, I guess?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Barfing Cumlord posted:

It's real. I read a nice writeup of their wedding awhile back on Offbeat Bride, and they all seem really happy together.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm fully supportive of gay marriage (being from Mass. myself), but... Are the three of them really under one marriage? Because I genuinely wasn't aware that polygamy (or whatever the equivalent would be if each is fully married to the other two) was allowable, even in a place as socially liberal as we are out here.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
I love random posts on my local news FB pages.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Regalingualius posted:

Don't get me wrong here, I'm fully supportive of gay marriage (being from Mass. myself), but... Are the three of them really under one marriage? Because I genuinely wasn't aware that polygamy (or whatever the equivalent would be if each is fully married to the other two) was allowable, even in a place as socially liberal as we are out here.

No. Two of them are legally married or whatever the current equivalent is in their state. The other isn't, but they had a three person unofficial joining ceremony or something. The "news" is that one of them is now pregnant. It's basically a fairly run of the mill lesbian poly relationship and I don't get why it's apparently big news.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Regalingualius posted:

http://offbeatbride.com/2013/11/massachusetts-lesbian-poly-wedding

quote:

We also had to work with in the legalities of the state. As being married to more than one person is not yet legal, we had to combine handfasting, legally binding documents, and legal marriage to come to a configuration we all felt equal in.

There was some legal/ceremonial finagling. I don't know what the hell a handfasting is other than it being some pagan thing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Fatkraken posted:

No. Two of them are legally married or whatever the current equivalent is in their state. The other isn't, but they had a three person unofficial joining ceremony or something. The "news" is that one of them is now pregnant. It's basically a fairly run of the mill lesbian poly relationship and I don't get why it's apparently big news.

Gimnbo posted:

There was some legal/ceremonial finagling. I don't know what the hell a handfasting is other than it being some pagan thing.

Ahh, that makes loads more sense. Thanks for the link... Even if I'm probably not going to get a fair bit of the legal stuff that went into it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Spalec posted:

Black is an old neighbour, posts a reasonable shaming of a lovely company for (allegedly) paying people under minimum wage. I don't know orange or where his racist horseshit came from:

I got the same spiel from a fulltimer at the grocery store where I worked this semester. With minimum wage in Ontario going up later this year, he was getting pissed off because it somehow meant that it would take a cut out of his salary. So he said that all the part timers should still get payed something like $6 an hour because that's what he got paid when he started working.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

I also lack toast and am pretty tolerant.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Spalec posted:

I'm glad to know Brits are just as awful about this as Americans are. Somehow it makes the shittiness easier to swallow.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Warmachine posted:

I'm glad to know Brits are just as awful about this as Americans are. Somehow it makes the shittiness easier to swallow.

Americans don't have a monopoly on being ignorant assholes. It just sometimes seems that way in comparison.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I got the same spiel from a fulltimer at the grocery store where I worked this semester. With minimum wage in Ontario going up later this year, he was getting pissed off because it somehow meant that it would take a cut out of his salary. So he said that all the part timers should still get payed something like $6 an hour because that's what he got paid when he started working.

I remember the last time they raised minimum wage in Michigan (this was several years ago) and my sister was pretty angry that she would be making minimum wage again, even though it would actually mean a net raise for her. When I pointed this out the only response I could get out of her was "Yeah, but still!". I get that she had just started making over minimum wage for the first time in her life, after 10 years in the workforce and that was really important to her but god drat.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Soviet Commubot posted:

I remember the last time they raised minimum wage in Michigan (this was several years ago) and my sister was pretty angry that she would be making minimum wage again, even though it would actually mean a net raise for her. When I pointed this out the only response I could get out of her was "Yeah, but still!". I get that she had just started making over minimum wage for the first time in her life, after 10 years in the workforce and that was really important to her but god drat.
She'd be making as much as new hires - people who are (presumably/in her eyes) less qualified than her - therefore the fact that it's a net gain means NOTHING. People love income inequality and lovely wages because it makes it that much easier for them to feel incrementally better than another human

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

usbombshell posted:

I love random posts on my local news FB pages.

"Where is my shoe?"-- :corsair:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Spalec posted:

Minimum wage should be a shilling a month and the right to graze one goat on common land, that would have been a great living wage in the past

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fatkraken posted:

Minimum wage should be a shilling a month and the right to graze one goat on common land, that would have been a great living wage in the past

I thought conservatives were all about grazing on federal land for absolutely nothing these days.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
I decided to look up some people I was in the Army with a long time ago.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I don't know if this belongs here, but I felt this dude seemed too angry about a funny photo series.

Yes. That's disgusting. Men dressing and posing the same ridiculous way that women do in ads. Poking fun at how women are portrayed in media is just offensive. No homo! :rolleyes:

(Actually, I don't think he's gay. I just think he's a bigot.)

One of the "disgusting" and not funny at all pictures:

He's also doing duckface, which is difficult to see cause I scaled down the picture.

Bored has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Apr 25, 2014

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

InediblePenguin posted:

She'd be making as much as new hires - people who are (presumably/in her eyes) less qualified than her - therefore the fact that it's a net gain means NOTHING. People love income inequality and lovely wages because it makes it that much easier for them to feel incrementally better than another human

Indeed.

http://www.michaelshermer.com/2008/01/weird-things-about-money/

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Gimnbo posted:

Handfasting was a traditional Christian marriage ceremony. It was made legal so that people in small communities or outlying areas could be married without a priest. It's been revived at Renaissance faires and pagan gatherings as a pagan wedding ritual.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Please don't post mine and :kheldragar:'s facebook pages

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
how appropriate that they chose a baby for that image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Khazar-khum posted:

Handfasting was a traditional Christian marriage ceremony. It was made legal so that people in small communities or outlying areas could be married without a priest. It's been revived at Renaissance faires and pagan gatherings as a pagan wedding ritual.

A friend of mine had a handfasting thing all of a sudden she posted on Facebook. It was her and a lady that we assumed was her girlfriend/wife and it was presided over by two topless priesty folks, a guy and a girl, both with green handprints over their boobs. She posted the photo album on Facebook as her wedding.

I ran into her a few months later and was like "oh man congrats on the wedding!" And she said "oh that? That was just a photo shoot for a student film." ... What?

• Locked thread