Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Behonkiss posted:

Is Paper Trail progress universal across all my save files, so long as I'm logged into the PSN account I have linked to it? I don't see much of a point playing through it in my 100% finished first playthrough, but I may play it again for the Evil side and the platinum, and being able to pick Paper Trail up from where I left off would be a nice bonus.

Your progress on the website is shared between files, but your in-game progress is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Paper trail part 5 is up.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
I feel it, I feel the cosmos!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

God drat you can get some great shots from this game with photo mode. Every game should have this feature. Messing with depth of field, filters, and positioning makes for some really dramatic and outright beautiful images.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

404notfound posted:

Paper trail part 5 is up.

Just ran through it. That...was not good. That was not good at ALL. Jesus christ, I hope Part 6 is worth it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

King of Solomon posted:

Just ran through it. That...was not good. That was not good at ALL. Jesus christ, I hope Part 6 is worth it.

Yes, that should've been half an update. Whilst I don't regret going through the puzzles - I've enjoyed them - the lack of gameplay payoff is a major letdown, even if we end up getting the paper power (which with how anemic the in game stuff has been seems less than likely now).

--

When playing around with helicopters, I realized their missiles don't (sometimes? always?) detonate on impact. They bounce off Delsin and then explode.

Click for 1080p:

That missile's from the same barrage as the rest. Note the angle.

A pigeon

Ms. paper user standing pigeon-toed

Particles!

Nice to have (more than) decent texture sizes this gen. Hard to spot any repeating planks in the second image!

The adjustable time of day adds so much photo mode.

I've been going around Seattle having Delsin share his super powers, teaching the local denizens the art of flying.

(Seriously, I have probably 20+ images of these guys)

I. Love. This. Feature.

(Dumb screenshot icon in that second to last image)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gals and guys, as one of the defenders of the power spoilers policy, I think the game's now been long enough to lay it to rest. Unless a bunch of you have strong objections, let's welcome powers #3 and #4 out of censorship. For those that thought it was a stupid rule, thanks for putting up with it till now.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was really hoping for a 30fps lock, really cool of them to patch it in!

I think Knack has the same issue, it goes over 30fps but just barely, confusing the image processing in high end TVs and causing more stuttering than locking it at 30.

Infamous looks WAY smoother on my TV now, I know some people hate interpolation because it makes hollywood 24fps movies look like cheap TV soaps, and it's generally bad for first person shooters and 2d platformers because of input lag, but for games like these where you won't really notice the extra latency it can help double or triple the perceived frame rate.

I made a 120fps phone video to show it off, youtube only supports 30fps so it plays back at 25% speed. You can see some artifacts in the picture, especially around subtitles but it's minor and you get used to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGPeklaj_oE

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

error1 posted:

I was really hoping for a 30fps lock, really cool of them to patch it in!

I think Knack has the same issue, it goes over 30fps but just barely, confusing the image processing in high end TVs and causing more stuttering than locking it at 30.

Knack's major problem wasn't the unlocked frame rate, but that it wasn't averaging anywhere near 30fps in quite a few rough spots - predominantly in the second half.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

King of Solomon posted:

Paper trail really needed more substantial game play to accompany the busy work on the website. Destroy parked vans, follow paper girl for the 10th time, pick a few things up off the ground, blah. It's nice they did it at all I guess but just barely.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rinkles posted:

Yes, that should've been half an update. Whilst I don't regret going through the puzzles - I've enjoyed them - the lack of gameplay payoff is a major letdown, even if we end up getting the paper power (which with how anemic the in game stuff has been seems less than likely now).

My problem is I thought the puzzles were really terrible this time. Maybe if the computer puzzle didn't fail to recognize your commands if you had a typo it would be okay, but as it stands it was more frustrating than interesting. The safe puzzle was another stupid brute force combination, and those aren't interesting.

Even worse, it was remarkably light on any actual interesting story content.

E: I really like this screenshot I took.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 20, 2014

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Edit: one more
just sneaking by some cops, no biggie

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 20, 2014

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Photo Mode's a well-done addition that I hope pops up in future Sony PS4 titles.

http://i.imgur.com/FD1rM5Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kJl0JDh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EgF7TBW.jpg

Also started my second/Evil playthrough and thought I'd snag some shots of the opening docks area.

http://i.imgur.com/Lt85Xek.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/29ZW4ES.jpg

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Since the thread isn't getting much use otherwise (:smith:) I say we continue with the photo gallery. Why don't we celebrate the lifting of the power spoilers ban by posting pictures of VIDEO and COFFEE!
Click for 1080p w/crappy compression:

*concrete

--
In game breaking news, people have figured out how to get back to the 2nd and 3rd power boss fight areas. They're actually hidden floating above the waters surrounding Seattle, but only become visible if you get close enough.

Neon boss fight area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFvWOczBz0w
Video boss fight area

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 20, 2014

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Gallery? gently caress yeah.

Goddamn this game is pretty. Click for 1080.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

fart

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Whilst I don't regret going through the puzzles - I've enjoyed them - the lack of gameplay payoff is a major letdown, even if we end up getting the paper power (which with how anemic the in game stuff has been seems less than likely now).

Hey, wadda ya know!

Link for what we do get

Still, can't wait for the dlc.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Wow, that kinda blows.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'd have settled for a new traversal-only power. SP must've known they were leading people on given what we know about Delsin. Really wouldn't have hurt if they made this clear from the start.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Evil ending to this game is hilarious.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'd be mad but paper trail was lame and I just used a walkthrough for it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've found it kind of funny watching you guys week after week.

"Wow, that was really disappointing. Next week better be better!"

"Ok, that was even lamer. I'm sure next week will be good though!"

This thing was doomed to be lame from the start.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I enjoyed it on the whole as I've said all along, Mr. Fancy PantsBandit. :colbert:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

PantsBandit posted:

To be fair, the first couple of weeks were pretty cool. Then they started to get lazier and lazier with the puzzles, so instead of piecing together information to figure out the next step, they'd just have you play some annoying stupid minigame to progress. More puzzles, less trial and error please.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Defragging that darn hard drive killed any momentum and enthusiasm I had. Finally made it through it, but jus can't get excited. I think it's a neat idea, but dragging it out stretched a neat idea too thin.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rinkles posted:

Hey, wadda ya know!

Link for what we do get

Glad I didn't bother.

[Edit] seriously, In a game where your main character absorbs the superpowers of others, to face him off against a cool powered character and then not give him that power at the end *almost* seems disingenuous.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 23, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dan Didio posted:

The Evil ending to this game is hilarious.

It seriously is. I know a lot of people were harping on how silly some of the evil choices were, but if you go full on comic book baddy in your evil playthrough it's really really fun. It really does feel like playing through the origin story of a supervillain.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I guess it was a bit naïve to think we'd get a new power since it seems like they didn't even have time to finish the powers that were there (concrete).

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I doubt any potential sequel will follow on from the evil ending, but hopefully we'll get some non-canon DLC or something. Evil Delsin and his conduit buddies make Seattle into their conduit fortress and has to fight off the US government who are trying to liberate the population you're enslaving.

Infamous 2 could have told a really cool story following on from the evil ending as well, especially if they went out and out and had you playing a 100% monster.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm glad I only did like 1-2 of the paper trail missions. I was pretty sure it wasn't a superpower, but the real rewards are kind of poo poo too. Maybe when the DLC hits I will finish the paper trail stuff.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rinkles posted:

Hey, wadda ya know!

Link for what we do get

I am not pleased. I enjoyed the first...half of the content, I suppose, but I kept on forging along through the less good 4th (and especially 5th) pieces of content because I expected it to be worthwhile.

A mask and some jackets is not worthwhile. There better be some drat good story content in this week's missions.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

King of Solomon posted:

I am not pleased. I enjoyed the first...half of the content, I suppose, but I kept on forging along through the less good 4th (and especially 5th) pieces of content because I expected it to be worthwhile.

A mask and some jackets is not worthwhile. There better be some drat good story content in this week's missions.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they actually had a paper power? That poo poo would be nuts. Hit us with a false hope then real sadness, but then hit us up with some surprising realization of a new power. I mean that won't happen, but it would be cool.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Feenix posted:

Glad I didn't bother.

[Edit] seriously, In a game where your main character absorbs the superpowers of others, to face him off against a cool powered character and then not give him that power at the end *almost* seems disingenuous.

I'll just straight-up say it IS disingenuous. I realize they didn't promise us anything with this Paper Trail stuff, but you literally absorb the powers of every other Conduit you meet in the game. And the fake sites they set up that connected to Paper Trail directly reference other types of powers (wire, glass, pressurized water, paper) yet we don't see any of that.

Sorry, Sucker Punch. I ain't happy about what you did with Paper Trail.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't even want extra jackets. The default jacket changing in response to your karma was enough to keep me wearing it the entire game.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

TotalHell posted:

I'll just straight-up say it IS disingenuous. I realize they didn't promise us anything with this Paper Trail stuff, but you literally absorb the powers of every other Conduit you meet in the game. And the fake sites they set up that connected to Paper Trail directly reference other types of powers (wire, glass, pressurized water, paper) yet we don't see any of that.

Sorry, Sucker Punch. I ain't happy about what you did with Paper Trail.

I interpreted all that as butter-up teaser data for either full-on expansion content, or the next game.

It doesn't seem practical or feasible to add a new power to the current game content. It would be a huge undertaking to add new resource draw points, upgrade core relays, and more blast shards to support the upgrades. Meanwhile skipping all that and giving a fully upgraded power suite would either be overpowering in the early game, or virtually pointless in an end-game where you've already got everything done.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, that was an issue I had. Even if they add in a new power, they'd have to tweak the upgrading. But then if I'm playing on a 100% file, what's even the point in having it? I've already blasted everything there is to blast.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

5er posted:

I interpreted all that as butter-up teaser data for either full-on expansion content, or the next game.

It doesn't seem practical or feasible to add a new power to the current game content. It would be a huge undertaking to add new resource draw points, upgrade core relays, and more blast shards to support the upgrades. Meanwhile skipping all that and giving a fully upgraded power suite would either be overpowering in the early game, or virtually pointless in an end-game where you've already got everything done.

Not necessarily? I mean it's moot now but I always imagined the hooks would already be there (there are newspaper stands everywhere for instance) and it would just work like one of the other powers so it doesn't unbalance the game (when the girl uses it it kind of looks like neon with some different effects), with no upgrades. I guess my vision of the future isn't as exciting as other people's but it doesn't seem prohibitively ambitious for such an intricate campaign.

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 24, 2014

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tempo 119 posted:

Not necessarily? I mean it's moot now but I always imagined the hooks would already be there (there are newspaper stands everywhere for instance) and it would just work like one of the other powers so it doesn't unbalance the game (when the girl uses it it kind of looks like neon with some different effects), with no upgrades. I guess my vision of the future isn't as exciting as other people's but it doesn't seem prohibitively ambitious for such an intricate campaign.

Yeah, I pretty much assumed the movement/melee power would be reskinned neon (paper sword instead of light sabre), the basic shooting would be white "paper" dots (probably reskinned Video or similar), the signature power would be paper armour similar to concrete and the missiles would be giant origami cranes or something. They would be fully upgraded already because you cant get the power until you do the last paperchase mission and it doesnt unlock until you have already beaten the story so its not like it would be unbalanced, it would just be an extra thing you could use while you were mopping up any side content you hadnt already completed. I would have been happy with some low-effort reskinned powers, as it stands if I'd known the "reward" for completing it I probably wouldnt have bothered completing the most recent episode because it really wasnt much fun.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, that was an issue I had. Even if they add in a new power, they'd have to tweak the upgrading. But then if I'm playing on a 100% file, what's even the point in having it? I've already blasted everything there is to blast.

I figured, if it had any merit, it would unlock like 5-6 abilities, all neutral, and all basic, sort of like the 4th power. No need to upgrade or even deal with that part of the game.

Regardless I was pretty sure there wasn't going to be a new power, so I don't want to dwell on what could have been. I just hope the DLC is nice or a solid sequel is in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I wish people would just go back to posting screenshots because that was way more entertaining than Paper Trail talk.

• Locked thread