Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

For next year:

It's already happening, they're overhyping the 2015 QBs so that they can call them overrated in a year. FWIW, Petty has happy feet, an elongated release, pats the ball a lot, and threw pretty inaccurately in the BCS bowl. Hundley will be a riser next year. I expect Winston to be picked apart by scouts looking to try to get him to fall to their team, and the rape allegations will make their job a little easier. Mariota seems to be one of those prospects that will dip once scouts actually look at the tape instead of drinking in the hype.

People are still high on Mariota. Why?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

commy gun posted:

So they can talk about it now AND then have months of "Mariota's draft stock is falling" coverage.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Easily going to be Larry fitz. Good size deceptive speed and fantastic routes

lol what the gently caress

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
"Johnny Manziel is on the short list of players the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are considering with their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure."

What team is going to be desperate enough to trade for Glennon?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Who would you compare him to?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

commy gun posted:

Because he's a pretty good QB, at least by college standards, and a pretty great athlete. It's no different than any other hot next season prospect list. Tahj Boyd was a top 5 player going into last year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
He is like 75% of Larry Fitz.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Mariota is a way better QB than Tajh Boyd, and Boyd is only a great athlete if you're looking at one attribute

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

He rules

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Regnevelc posted:

He is like 75% of Larry Fitz.

Yeah. Less the athleticism but he has amazingly consistent hands and really solid route running. I absolutely nailed him before the draft and I am always wrong about prospects.

I made sure to mail my draft fanfic to Ozzie Newsome early this year so there won't be another mistake like that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Atticus Finch posted:

"Johnny Manziel is on the short list of players the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are considering with their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure."

What team is going to be desperate enough to trade for Glennon?

Ive been loving saying for a while now that the Bucs will look hard at QB in the first and the way everyone else is backing off of the top guys it seems more likely.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Groucho Marxist posted:

Mariota is a way better QB than Tajh Boyd, and Boyd is only a great athlete if you're looking at one attribute

Melanin?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. Less the athleticism but he has amazingly consistent hands and really solid route running. I absolutely nailed him before the draft and I am always wrong about prospects.

I made sure to mail my draft fanfic to Ozzie Newsome early this year so there won't be another mistake like that.

Chichevache posted:

I'm still loving mad he didn't get taken by my team (or any team really) in the first two rounds. Anyone who watched him at Cal could see he had some amazing potential. When you're having 100+ yard games with a QB who only completes 40% of his passes you're a pretty loving good receiver.

I think everyone in TFF got that one right.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chichevache posted:

I think everyone in TFF got that one right.

Nope, there was at least one goon who insisted he was a guaranteed bust.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The dude ran a horrible 40 time, lots of people though he would fail including myself

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I was worried about his knees and just plain wanted DeAndre Hopkins more.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nuk put up good rookie numbers with very mediocre QB play, I think he'll be just fine even if Allen ends up being better

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Nuk put up good rookie numbers with very mediocre QB play, I think he'll be just fine even if Allen ends up being better

Oh I'm just peachy keen about Nuk. Dude had 800 yards as a rookie with Andre Johnson across from him and with that QB play; I'm thinking he's in for a good career.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blitz7x posted:

The dude ran a horrible 40 time, lots of people though he would fail including myself

I remember celebrating that day because it meant the Ravens had a shot at the drafts best receiver. I was right :sigh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Keenan Allen was absolutely a shaky prospect. He was definitely the best WR in last year's draft but his 40 time and injury history scared more than a few people.

Last year's draft kinda sucked for WRs anyway, and there were guys that I really didn't like, like Tavon Austin and Cordarrelle Patterson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's what I remember too. Honestly my unreasonable affection for him was mostly due to wanting some one to come in a fill Boldin's slot as slow sure handed receiver but Allen turned out to be a lot more than that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Texans fans are the only group that can be OK with passing on Keenan Allen. Nuke seems to be legit.

Everyone else...whoops.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a fair assessment, especially because Hopkins complements Andre Johnson better than Keenan Allen would.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I could easily see DeAndre become Reggie Wayne part 2. He's an incredible route runner at 21 years old and catches drat near everything near him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's almost cute at this point that every mock draft out there has KC taking a receiver. I love when Odell Beckham Jr. is projected to KC, as if he'd fall that far. Maybe people see "LSU" and just plug them into KC's slot. Not that that isn't understandable considering how many LSU guys KC has drafted.

However, KC has had predraft workouts with 9 safeties, 12 cornerbacks, 8 receivers. Only three of those receivers are projected to be first round picks, Marquise Lee, Mike Evans (will be long gone), and Brandin Cooks.

KC is going with a defensive back in the first round I'm thinking.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Does KC still have Dunta? Or was he god awful there too and that's why you're on the market for a new corner?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Hadn't he been running the 40 while injured/recovering from injury?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ive been loving saying for a while now that the Bucs will look hard at QB in the first and the way everyone else is backing off of the top guys it seems more likely.

I'm okay with them taking Manziel or Bridgewater at 7 if they're available. Especially since they would probably sit for a year or two behind McCown (depending on how well he does) and could be programmed by Tedford as he sees fit.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I really want Manziel in the NFC so either the Vikings or the Bucs need to make it happen.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PrinceRandom posted:

I really want Manziel in the NFC so either the Vikings or the Bucs need to make it happen.

Fran 2.0 to the Vikings would be amusing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm okay with them taking Manziel or Bridgewater at 7 if they're available. Especially since they would probably sit for a year or two behind McCown (depending on how well he does) and could be programmed by Tedford as he sees fit.

I'd be scared shitless of either one landing in TB. It's enough to deal with Drew Brees and Cam Newton twice per year, but lets throw Johnny Football on there twice to boot!

By comparison, Matt Ryan would then be the most boring NFC South Quarterback :smith:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'd like Manziel to be anywhere but Cleveland probably. I still think he's more likely to be an entertaining trainwreck than a great QB, but mobile QBs always seem to manage to cause Pittsburgh problems even when they're not good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Does KC still have Dunta? Or was he god awful there too and that's why you're on the market for a new corner?

Yeah they cut him pretty soon after the season. And yes he was loving terrible all year long, got replaced pretty quickly by Marcus Cooper, a 7th round rookie who the Chiefs picked up after the 49ers cut him. To be fair Cooper looked pretty good early on before looking pretty awful late.

The upshot is I don't think Dunta was even dressed for half the year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah they cut him pretty soon after the season. And yes he was loving terrible all year long, got replaced pretty quickly by Marcus Cooper, a 7th round rookie who the Chiefs picked up after the 49ers cut him. To be fair Cooper looked pretty good early on before looking pretty awful late.

The upshot is I don't think Dunta was even dressed for half the year.

Part of Cooper looking terrible was the awful safeties behind him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cooper is a once and future stud.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

Cooper is a once and future stud.

This. The only reason the 49ers cut him was because they were counting on Chris Culliver and Michael Thomas being future starters.

Then Michael Thomas was swiped off the practice squad and Chris Culliver decided to do criminally stupid things.

What I'm saying is, can we have Cooper back please?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Did Tarell Brown not re-sign because of that contract mishap? Because if so, lol.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Coldforge posted:

This. The only reason the 49ers cut him was because they were counting on Chris Culliver and Michael Thomas being future starters.

Then Michael Thomas was swiped off the practice squad and Chris Culliver decided to do criminally stupid things.

What I'm saying is, can we have Cooper back please?

Let's just keep trading players who perform better than they did before, see: Alex Smith, Glen Dorsey, Jon Baldwin, AJ Jenkins....

Okay maybe not the last two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

In terms of pro comparison not actual output.

Edit wait is that what you thought I meant? Otherwise what are you talking about?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 24, 2014

• Locked thread