Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Jesus, I don't see any options to change the buttons for my controller. The game says press A to pick up an item, but I need to use X instead. Tilting the right analog stick is what performs heavy attacks.

:psyduck: I need to figure out how to set this back to how Dark Souls 1 worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
does anyone know how to fix the white screen crash? This is loving ridiculous.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Drakyn posted:

Ditto. Apparently unplugging it, launching, then replugging works, but I'm hoping for a less crap solution that is guaranteed not to result in my tech-illiteracy destroying my computer.
Sadly, it was not

because I already have it turned off.
EDIT: HOLY CRAP ENABLING GPU scaling in the AMD control center works!

For NVIDIA cards I was able to fix the Crashing White Window of Death by going into the NVIDIA Control Panel and setting both monitors to 'Perform scaling on: GPU'.

Option is under 'Adjust desktop size and position.'

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
I can't jump attack/kick. I'm using a controller and doing the exact same thing as I would do in DS1 but it's not working.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Anyone solved the "unable to connect" error yet? Dark souls is no fun if you aren't being swarmed by red phantoms!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Moog posted:

I can't jump attack/kick. I'm using a controller and doing the exact same thing as I would do in DS1 but it's not working.

Kick's been replaced with a different kind of attack. I can't seem to parry, though.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

AtrociousToaster posted:

Since you can't message people on steam without becoming friends first does that mean we don't get any fun hatemail and can't chat with jolly cooperation friends? :-(

Thats a major point actually.

Wow I never thought I'd be espousing a positive of GFWL.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Grilox posted:

Anyone solved the "unable to connect" error yet? Dark souls is no fun if you aren't being swarmed by red phantoms!

Nevermind, figured it out. Everyone with a vac ban in any game on steam can't play Dark Souls 2 online apparently.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
Downloading....can't wait for some jolly cooperation =D

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

So I'm playing the game and my shield is permanently up. There's some kind of shield icon under my health/stam bar, no idea what it is. How do I get rid of this?

Push "M" on your keyboard. There is a "lock guard" option that sets shields to auto block. Maybe put this in the OP?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone else think the controls feel very very floaty?

Also letterboxing on 16:10 is loving awful.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Sex Robot posted:

Thats a major point actually.

Wow I never thought I'd be espousing a positive of GFWL.
You can, actually. View>Players

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Grilox posted:

Nevermind, figured it out. Everyone with a vac ban in any game on steam can't play Dark Souls 2 online apparently.

WTF? My account was hijacked years ago and whoever stole it got me VAC banned on CS1.6.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Does the game still decrease strength requirement for weapons if you two hand them like DS1 did?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Grilox posted:

Haaaaaahahahahahaha

Oh god I need to go on gamefaqs or something, a lot of people are going to be slowly realising this now.

Ka-Ka
Dec 27, 2012
Is anyone else having issues with the mouse buttons? I mean, there is option for click and doubleclick and most of the time even if you hammer the button, character just does nothing or stops attacking. Oh and mouse 4 and 5 buttons not working either. Otherwise it seems to be working nicely and online is working.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

You can, actually. View>Players

You can view them, but can you send them a message without adding them as a friend and having them accept?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Grilox posted:

That sucks, but in some ways is actually pretty awesome.

Konjuro posted:

WTF? My account was hijacked years ago and whoever stole it got me VAC banned on CS1.6.

This would be the sucks aspect. Sorry about that.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

GOTY.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Uuuugh, the controls are garbage and I don't know how to change them for the gamepad. I just got myself killed on some weird dog things because I'm too used to the camera being controlled by the right analog stick, and I ended up punching something.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

White Phosphorus posted:

Does the game still decrease strength requirement for weapons if you two hand them like DS1 did?

Yes, but it's different IIRC if you have 11 STR and 2hand something your STR doubles, it's not a percentage increase.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Nope, enabling GPU Scaling did nothing. :/ I'm using an AMD HD7700 if that helps.

VV Yup.

Azran fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 25, 2014

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Just for a data point: Crashing to a white screen at startup.

Great port gents.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

So, after having to call Gamestop four (yes, 4) times today about my product key not working, I got tired of arguing with the dumbasses and demanded a refund.

Went to GMG, got it for cheap, and got the key instantly. Installing as I type this.

Seriously, gently caress Gamestop forever.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Okay, anyone saddled with a vac ban: If you share the game through steam with another account of yours, that account can play online normally.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Cyberventurer posted:

Uuuugh, the controls are garbage and I don't know how to change them for the gamepad. I just got myself killed on some weird dog things because I'm too used to the camera being controlled by the right analog stick, and I ended up punching something.

Which gamepad are you using? Mine uses right stick for camera like every other game.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Matlock Birthmark posted:

That sucks, but in some ways is actually pretty awesome.

This would be the sucks aspect. Sorry about that.

No it's actually really lovely and Draconian.

Sex Robot posted:

Haaaaaahahahahahaha

Oh god I need to go on gamefaqs or something, a lot of people are going to be slowly realising this now.

I've never considered asking for a refund for a game before this.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I have accidentally fallen to my death so many times already. I loving hate Dark Souls.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Moog posted:

They changed they way it works so that you have to press the stick in the direction your character is already facing while pressing attack/strong attack. It's fairly dumb, but you get used to it.

So, can somebody tell me why there needs to be a PC exclusive thread at all? All it really seems to do is split up discussion for the same game between two different threads. It just seems weird and unnecessary.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

For those interested Durante of DSFix fame has released the 0.1 alpha of GeDeSaTo the successor for DsKII.

Here's to hoping he cleans up after from soft as well as he did last time.

This is of course until Steam starts vac banning people who use it. Then the fun really begins.

Moog
Sep 14, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Kick's been replaced with a different kind of attack. I can't seem to parry, though.

I guess it's "Guard Break" now? Either way, my character doesn't do anything different when I thrust the stick forward and hit the bumper or the trigger.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

boz posted:

Which gamepad are you using? Mine uses right stick for camera like every other game.

Just a Logitech USB gamepad. Since the game was just released I can't find any Google help. :(

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I have accidentally fallen to my death so many times already. I loving hate Dark Souls.

git gud scrub :^)

Lemonpieman posted:

So, can somebody tell me why there needs to be a PC exclusive thread at all? All it really seems to do is split up discussion for the same game between two different threads. It just seems weird and unnecessary.
gently caress if I know maybe because the previous title had a PC exclusive thread they thought it'd be a good idea for a PC exclusive one as well

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Rexicon1 posted:

No it's actually really lovely and Draconian.

I find it amusing. I've often wished people who are really obnoxious online cheaters lost access to other games, and this is a small extension of that. However, I realize the VAC system is not amazing, so this having an effect on DS2 is a bad idea.

I still find it amusing though.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Lemonpieman posted:

Probably to not annoy the console people with posts about crashing HDMI cables, ATI control panel settings, VAC bans, PS4 controller compatibility etc

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Here's a novel concept: don't loving cheat and you won't get a VAC ban

That is of course unless you got VAC banned for something stupid. I know this can happen.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
After getting whitescreened post-fix attempts, i finally decided to verify the game cache. I was missing 2.9 gig file. :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Cyberventurer posted:

Just a Logitech USB gamepad. Since the game was just released I can't find any Google help. :(

That's weird, I'm using the same thing with no problems.
EDIT: F310 specifically. What are you using?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Just for a data point: Crashing to a white screen at startup.

Great port gents.
This happened to me on the first startup, but it worked perfectly fine when I tried again, changing no settings.

I don't know why!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I find it amusing. I've often wished people who are really obnoxious online cheaters lost access to other games, and this is a small extension of that. However, I realize the VAC system is not amazing, so this having an effect on DS2 is a bad idea.

I still find it amusing though.

It's less cool when you get a VAC ban because you played MW2 and got stuck in an xp server and got flagged for it. This is really infuriating, at least you can do that sharing thing.