Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Streaming blind run on hitbox, holy poo poo this thread blew up:

http://www.hitbox.tv/EightBit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
All the blood stains around the Manjula bonefire are people falling off the cliff ahah.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Daynab posted:

Help, does anyone else feel like the controller movement is almost 8 directional? This is pretty much unplayable and I don't understand what's doing it. I move forward and have to go very diagonal for my character to decide to turn.

I tried with both a DS4 and a 360 and it does the same thing. Anyone know what's up?

Nobody else is experiencing this? :(

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Oh god, what have I done?

Yerok posted:

So why is my regular white sign soapstone not working? Trying to bro-op with a friend for the forest boss (big dude with hole in his face) and place my sign before the fog door but it's just greyed out. I restarted the game a couple times after downloading the update that just came out and still nothing.

Did you burn an effigy rather than use it through your inventory menu?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Elysiume posted:

I died a few times to bad positioning and the first miniboss who gets airdropped by a griffon. That was a rough one.

You actually beat that guy early ;)

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ignimbrite posted:

So I'm guessing going to the place with the giant stone-wearing armour guys is like going straight to the catacombs :v:

It's more like going straight to the Parish

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

That Gobbo posted:

Just an FYI for those not-so-virtuous goons: If you've had a VAC ban at any point you can't connect to online. A workaround is using the Family Sharing feature to use another account and play online.

Seriously? What the gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The pursuer went down like a chump to my magical prowess. And two phantoms, who died so I could snipe it. RIP buddies.

quote:

All the blood stains around the Manjula bonefire are people falling off the cliff ahah.

I dared to try the well. :v:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
On another note, this game is beautiful and the framerate is amazing. I can tell it might not nail the Dark Souls pathos but I really like this game in its own right so far.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone else notice that your summon name is actually your character's name and NOT your Steam ID? I've seen quite a few "asdasdasdasdasdas" as summons.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Anyone else notice that your summon name is actually your character's name and NOT your Steam ID? I've seen quite a few "asdasdasdasdasdas" as summons.

...gently caress. If anyone sees xXGoDwArRiOrXx, take pity.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ignimbrite posted:

So I'm guessing going to the place with the giant stone-wearing armour guys is like going straight to the catacombs :v:

There are two completely viable paths right at the beginning and that way is one of them :) Most people do them both.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Anti-Hero posted:

That's actually a really good change(?) that they made.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Batigh posted:

Oh god, what have I done?

High-five goofy buddy.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
The game is unplayable with the same gamepad I used to play DS1. Right stick doesn't work to look around. KB/M controls look like a mess.

There's really no way to configure gamepad controls or am I just missing something?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I dropped a white summon sign as soon as i got it and was immediately summoned by someone who I helped until he died to the last giant, just before the boss died itself. "Hope that guys game isnt hosed or something", I thought to myself.

Then I fought the boss myself and the exact same thing happened. I'm scared to look :(

slev
Apr 6, 2009

There are all these bloodstains in front of this treasure chest. I don't want to open it. :stonk:

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
HOLY FLYING gently caress

THIS HOLY loving SHITSTORM OF A MOUSE CLICK DETECTION SYSTEM AAAAAA

It seems completely and utterly loving random when the game decides to register my clicks as actually attacking, to the point where I have stood in front of an enemy for about 5 seconds, get mauled by them, and THEN finally, I swing.

It doesn't seem dependent upon mouses. It doesn't seem dependent upon any set variables inside of the game. It's just sometimes, you can swing as fast as you like.

Other times? YOU DO NOT SWING. EVER. PERIOD. AT ALL.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
The graphic improvement from this game over DS1 is pretty noticable. We'll see if it holds up.

Now if those crows would just give me an Old Whip, Richter B. can get his adventure started.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Decided I need to restart my character. I don't know why I thought playing a mage was a good idea, because I found it really boring in Dark Souls. Surprise, its still boring here. Don't know when you get pyromancy but I'm not gonna be able to recreate my original DS character without the pyromancer class. Ah well, I wasn't very far anyways.

Think I'll try an explorer instead. Adventure awaits! :eng101:

EDIT: Seriously, how the gently caress do you use the torch? I picked it up but can't find it anywhere in my inventory.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
I moved all of the sliders to the far left during character creation. The result is a fat dude who looks like he got his face punched in a few dozen too many times and needs massive reconstructive plastic surgery.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

AbortRetryFail posted:

After starting a new game it just sends me to a black screen. Steam overlay and all that work fine but I have to alt-tab and shut the game down. Restarting after the install and running in windowed mode didn't help. Am I the only one with this problem?

Edit: Also the game cache validates perfectly.

Quoting myself in case anyone has this problem, apparently the fix on Windows 8.1 is to get the latest version of Windows Media Player, but on Windows 7 no one knows how to fix it yet I guess.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

AtrociousToaster posted:

I'm using DS4 and it works great, but no rumble. :(

I lied, rumble is working fine. There's just not much rumbling in this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way the last giant is really hosed up looking and I was actually repelled when it tore off an arm to try to squash me.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

The Joe Man posted:

The game is unplayable with the same gamepad I used to play DS1. Right stick doesn't work to look around. KB/M controls look like a mess.

There's really no way to configure gamepad controls or am I just missing something?

This worked great: http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259695596076/

Can't figure out how to jump but it fixed everything else.

EDIT: Oh wow that's a bad place for jump.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 25, 2014

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Where is this tutorial area y'all are talking about?

After character creation, i wandered through a door and took a left somwhere to kill two blighted ghouls and got cockblocked by a petrified corpse in front of a switch. And met the irishest dude.
Then got to Majula and met the Crestfallen Warrior and a lady who told me i could now level up but wouldn't let me. Went down some tunnel near the bonfire with a working switch, fell/drowned to my first death because it was dark as poo poo and i thought i could just run to that waterstream. Nope, chasm.
Then suddenly i'm in the forest of everlasting trees or something and fight off zombies. Good thing i know Dark Souls 1 'cause the game sure didn't tell me how to fight. Then i find a white dude chiling under a tree and a white fogged passage and nowhere left to go, so i warped back to Majula.

I feel like i'm missing something, there should be messages explaining how poo poo works a la DS1, right? I only found the one tombstone near the first bonfire that was obviously a tutorial hint.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Man, the menus/UI are some amateur-hour poo poo.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

HenryEx posted:

Where is this tutorial area y'all are talking about?

I feel like i'm missing something, there should be messages explaining how poo poo works a la DS1, right? I only found the one tombstone near the first bonfire that was obviously a tutorial hint.

When you were walking on the path to Majula, did you see all those mist doors. Entering those is the tutorial area. First one on left has the basic message signs with how to attack and all that.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is there any way to make the mouse cursor not show up in the menus?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Matlock Birthmark posted:

When you were walking on the path to Majula, did you see all those mist doors. Entering those is the tutorial area. First one on left has the basic message signs with how to attack and all that.

What was up with that reptile thing at the end? I didn't see a way to it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

RBA Starblade posted:

What was up with that reptile thing at the end? I didn't see a way to it.

Not sure, I'm still deleting/remaking my character and trading with the crows.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

AbortRetryFail posted:

Quoting myself in case anyone has this problem, apparently the fix on Windows 8.1 is to get the latest version of Windows Media Player, but on Windows 7 no one knows how to fix it yet I guess.

Right there with you, on top of having to dodge my vac ban via family sharing. Really feeling the love for PC this time, from.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh my, somehow I missed Snuggly on my way through the tutorial the first time. So adorable :3:

She gave me an item I can't even find in my inventory though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Not sure, I'm still deleting/remaking my character and trading with the crows.

I got the weapon out of them first try, but I probably should have taken the healing kit instead because I will never use it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So is blocking on an always-on switch, or was it like this on console? :psyduck:

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 25, 2014

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is the game so much more beautiful on PC? Shoot, I may need to buy this thing twice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Azran posted:

So is blocking on an always-on switch, or was it like this on PC? :psyduck:

It works the same as it did in Dark Souls 1 on consoles for me. Though, I think the leather shield is bugged; it's supposed to block 90% of damage, but it's blocking all of it. Which is nice, but still.

Also the menus are poo poo and barely navigable with a controller and the one thing dragging it down so far.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The PC version has revealed to me the game's got really creepy whispering, everywhere, that I never noticed on the television (and no, I'm not talking about the Ring of Whispers)

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

drat this game looks nice with all the tweaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The fact that VAC isn't mentioned anywhere on the store page is kinda hosed up.