Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Speaking of celebrating too early...

Why is soccer the most over the top reaction making of all sports?

The guy who missed the goal kick looks like someone just murdered his whole family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Soccer has reasons for all the drama queenery

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

mmj posted:

Cross posted from the Politoons thread:link to actual article

This is the guy that has been grazing on government land and refusing to pay his 1 million+ in grazing fees that Fox News has been hailing as a hero

I think the best part is he tried to deny saying it, apparently forgetting that he was being filmed.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Double schadenfreude!

A) Idiot stopped in the middle of the road getting run into.
B) Idiot not slowing down when he's blinded by the light (and revved up like a duece)

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Why is soccer the most over the top reaction making of all sports?

The guy who missed the goal kick looks like someone just murdered his whole family

Probably because it's so low scoring, so a single goal is a very big deal.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Katy Perry tried crowdsurfing

Katy Perry will not try it again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Whoa.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lord Lambeth posted:

Katy Perry tried crowdsurfing

Katy Perry will not try it again.

One day celebrities will learn that crowdsurfing is basically just asking to be groped by their already maladjusted fans.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

One of the scariest times in my life was driving up to Lake Tahoe on a winters day in the late afternoon. We were on a two lane twisty mountain road in the lane closest to the cliff edge when we rounded a corner and could see nothing. Absolutely nothing but glare for a good few seconds, not even a little bit of road in front of us. The snow + grade of the road + angle of the sun made everything into a big blinding glare. I was legitimately afraid we were going to drive off the edge of the mountain.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is this schadenfreude? I don't even know, but I guess it's along the same lines as LA Beast. But...somehow worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uky8sL7WkR0

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There's an unwritten rule of life that says if you're going to do something dickish, don't do it in front of a camera where it will leak out and probably hurt you in the long run.

Anyone who goes to a baseball game knows you don't take a ball from a kid.

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

fork bomb posted:

One of the scariest times in my life was driving up to Lake Tahoe on a winters day in the late afternoon. We were on a two lane twisty mountain road in the lane closest to the cliff edge when we rounded a corner and could see nothing. Absolutely nothing but glare for a good few seconds, not even a little bit of road in front of us. The snow + grade of the road + angle of the sun made everything into a big blinding glare. I was legitimately afraid we were going to drive off the edge of the mountain.

You should have slowed down, eh?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shalkore posted:

You should have slowed down, eh?

hello i too am a fucker who has never lived in a snowy place in his life

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

bobjr posted:

Anyone who goes to a baseball game knows you don't take a ball from a kid.

I presume theres some happy ending to this at least, like the team gave the kid a signed ball or whatever. I know that happened in that rather (in)famous incident where some woman literally ripped one out of some kids hands.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bobby Digital posted:

Speaking of celebrating too early...

Is there a video of this one?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Is that Gob Bluth?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mister Adequate posted:

Is that Gob Bluth?

That's what I thought at first but on inspection it's clearly Stannis Baratheon.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

Mister Adequate posted:

Is that Gob Bluth?

Mister Banana Baseball Grabber

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Prince William :britain:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
DAVID MITCHELL!

Sorry.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

SomeJazzyRat posted:

DAVID MITCHELL!

Sorry.

Classic posting response.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
PYF really needs some sort of hellpurge of all this crap.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I get awkward delight from watching people post old and overused catchphrases, the same kind you get from watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjvlrf0OM3M

And now for something completely different. It's a good thread, read it if you have time

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 08:08 on Apr 25, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Trips posted:

Double schadenfreude!

A) Idiot stopped in the middle of the road getting run into.
B) Idiot not slowing down when he's blinded by the light (and revved up like a duece)

:monocle: It's not "revved up like a douche"?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

ewiley posted:

I'm so confused as to why he's got to go to a police station voluntarily, in the US he'd have been tazered and beaten within the first 30 seconds and loaded into a police car unconscious.

Hmmm, it's as if not beating or tazering people makes them more likely to cooperate.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

May Contain Nuts posted:

They said that his identity wasn't in question anymore and he could therefore leave. Do they not arrest people for driving drunk? Also both the drunk guy and the officer called it 'drink driving' is that what it's referred to in Australia?

As far as I know 'Drink' Driving is a legal term in Australia. It's inherited from British English.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Pocket Billiards posted:

Hmmm, it's as if not beating or tazering people makes them more likely to cooperate.

I dunno dude. I'm pretty sure getting lit up by a taser makes you pretty likely to follow orders.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can insert any lyric whether it's what Manfred wanted to sing or not and it won't make a lick of sense.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Dusseldorf posted:

You can insert any lyric whether it's what Manfred wanted to sing or not and it won't make a lick of sense.
When I can not see your face

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dusseldorf posted:

You mean Chris.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, that guy had no idea how close he was to getting squished there.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Rondette posted:

Holy poo poo, that guy had no idea how close he was to getting squished there.

He's not exactly the lord of reflexes either. You'd think that excavator is making massive noise as it falls down and grinds the road, but the guy just keeps going "gently caress that cool dudes don't look at explosions, yeahh *flicks raybans on nose*"

Is that a tyre rolling past me?

Why yes it is.

gently caress you son, still ain't lookin' :clint:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fewd posted:

He's not exactly the lord of reflexes either. You'd think that excavator is making massive noise as it falls down and grinds the road, but the guy just keeps going "gently caress that cool dudes don't look at explosions, yeahh *flicks raybans on nose*"

Why yes it is.

It's hard to tell because the camera is shaking and the clip is so sort but doesn't his gait look a bit like he's pissed?

e: Eh maybe he takes a half side-step because that's the moment he spots the tyre :shrug:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Sociopastry posted:

Less talk more action.

Do those people live in the most boring town on the planet, or is that kid some sort of super-charismatic future cult leader?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fewd posted:

Why yes it is.

Here's a compilation video of tractor crashes and I'm amazed at how utterly blasé some of the bystanders are about the heavy machinery weighing 10 or 20 tons or more running completely out of control right next to them. "Oh hey there's a tractor rolling end-over-end down the hill beside me, should I move away? Nah I just got comfortable."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5s2NzRzK9A

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

Do those people live in the most boring town on the planet, or is that kid some sort of super-charismatic future cult leader?

Neither of those are mutually exclusive.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wrapped up like a doob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I always assume super causal people are from Russia where the days you're not almost horribly murdered, crushed by machinery or run over by someone driving like a lunatic are the weird days.

• Locked thread