Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Arlovski vs Struve, fights where Struve has a shot at a KO are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Dang. I bet they got him cheap as gently caress

cheaaaaaap as gently caress.

I suppose Andrei could fight some of the newer shittier heavyweights they have around until they can use him to fight Struve on a Fight Night card or some poo poo.

It's also a shame that Sergei still isn't in UFC

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Bubba Smith posted:

cheaaaaaap as gently caress.

I suppose Andrei could fight some of the newer shittier heavyweights they have around until they can use him to fight Struve on a Fight Night card or some poo poo.

It's also a shame that Sergei still isn't in UFC

They'll probably stick him at the top of a Brazilian Fight Night card against JDS and pay him like 16/16. Or if they had a good sense of humor about it, 16/500.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I will giggle when he is introduced as former UFC Heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its too late for April Fools, Dana.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I still say they should hand Browne over to JDS since he seems to think his stock went up after literally being bullied by Werdum for 5 rounds.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
He's got a good look for promotion (and they can say "Former UFC Heavyweight Champion") and can be used to trick people who don't really pay attention to MMA into thinking he's worthwhile. The people that do pay attention to MMA will want to watch him get KO-ed in a hilarious fashion.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
JDS/Arlovski please

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
When they end up rematching him and Rumble they should end the rounds 5-10 seconds early.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Fightmatrix.com says he's the #16 heavyweight in the world, so

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Bring Back Joey Beltran and have him fight Arkovski please.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Our boy JT missed his chance for a pity signing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is Dana White's personal troll to Willie Dee for bugging him all the time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Dang. I bet they got him cheap as gently caress

Fierce bidding war between the UFC and the glue factory

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

That hurt Ray Sefo's feelings.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I like Andrei

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Werdum vs Arlovski 2 plz. So I can see werdum slap him but win this time

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fatherdog posted:

Did the glue factory win the Jake Shields contract?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

obeyasia posted:

Did the glue factory win the Jake Shields contract?

Neigh

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

ChampRamp posted:

JDS/Arlovski please

:cry:

Don't worry Arlovski, you'll always have half a round against Fedor to look back fondly on.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

origami posted:

I like Andrei

Me too which is why I'm going to be sad when he gets knocked out by Schaub.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Tim Sylvia is the angriest person in the world right now.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'm pretty sure signing Arlovski to fight JDS would count as reckless endangerment.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Arlovski's record doesn't look too bad. Why is he a big joke?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ewar Woowar posted:

He has no chin. None. Also he lost to a fat Anthony Johnson and almost got finished due to his lack of chin.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Arlovski isn't a big joke but his prime was back when Paul Buentello was a threat to the heavyweight title. After the Fedor knockout his career took a bit of a nosedive when he got stopped by everybody, including a tire salesman. Bigfoot beat him by decision not too long ago and these days would would likely shut his lights off.

Arlovski is skilled enough to beat the trashier trashweights on UFC's roster but any of the top 10 guys will kill him.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Arlovski has a skilled and varied striking offense, decent wrestling and ground, and some serious knockout power. Unfortunately, he has an incredibly shaky chin, and the Bisping-esque tendency to stick both arms out straight and run straight backwards whenever somebody pressures him, which has led to him being on the wrong end of some spectacular knockouts. Worse, he knows this, which means he fights super-erratically because his confidence fluctuates wildly from fight to fight (and sometimes even during the course of a fight).

Arlovski has a lot of tools and talents but is the very definition of damaged goods.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Fun Fact: Andrei has 32 mma fights to Overeems 51, but has been KOed 10 times to Overeem's 8.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Arlovski has a skilled and varied striking offense, decent wrestling and ground, and some serious knockout power. Unfortunately, he has an incredibly shaky chin, and the Bisping-esque tendency to stick both arms out straight and run straight backwards whenever somebody pressures him, which has led to him being on the wrong end of some spectacular knockouts. Worse, he knows this, which means he fights super-erratically because his confidence fluctuates wildly from fight to fight (and sometimes even during the course of a fight).

Arlovski has a lot of tools and talents but is the very definition of damaged goods.

The saddest part of his career to me was the Bigfoot fight. He lost and barely did anything but afterwards was talking like it was a moral victory because he didn't get knocked out.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ewar Woowar posted:

Less of a big joke and more of a sad case, because even an ignorant fan like me can see that another UFC stint is going to lead to further brain damage. Whatever he does in the UFC, it's going to end with at least one horrible KO.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Andrei is now like the what, 4th most veteran fighter in the UFC years wise? Vitor is king obviously.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Arlovski would get knocked out less if he didn't run straight backwards with both arms out whenever someone pressures him while moving forward.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Andrei is now like the what, 4th most veteran fighter in the UFC years wise? Vitor is king obviously.

Vitor, Mir, BJ, Barnett, Hendo and Wanderlei (sorta), Franklin if he doesn't retire, Yves Edwards... I think those are all the other guys who were around before TUF but I could be wrong

I'm actually surprised there are that many guys who have been in UFC for over 10 years on/off.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Arlovski was participating at 28 so he has a few of those dudes beat.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

In terms of fights, I think Tito, Chuck, Randy, Vitor, and Hughes are topping that list of fights. Guys like Yves Edwards and Sam Stout are probably real close too.

Donald Cerrone will easily have the most UFC fights ever in 18 months.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I meant in terms of who performed at the earliest ever UFC event. Which I think goes

Vitor
Hendo
Wanderlei
Arlovski/Barnett

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

According to MMAfighting, UFC wants to do Arlovski vs Schaub for his first match. That's one of the heavyweights that Arlovski could knockout but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got clipped and died either.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Joe Silva is a cruel and amazing man.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The saddest part of his career to me was the Bigfoot fight. He lost and barely did anything but afterwards was talking like it was a moral victory because he didn't get knocked out.

I think the saddest thing was when he admitted to playing russian roulette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Fun Fact: Andrei has 32 mma fights to Overeems 51, but has been KOed 10 times to Overeem's 8.

7. Still he gets KO'd roughly 1 in 5 fights (worse actually), not good. I'm glad he's fighting Schaub because it frees up Hunt for a possible Nelson fight.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 25, 2014

• Locked thread