Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

origami posted:

I think the saddest thing was when he admitted to playing russian roulette

I don't remember this, but I kind of do, Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Schaub is dead set on fighting everybody who was fighting when he was in diapers.

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

MassRafTer posted:

The saddest part of his career to me was the Bigfoot fight. He lost and barely did anything but afterwards was talking like it was a moral victory because he didn't get knocked out.

The saddest part for me was when he spent 14 minutes and 45 seconds looking terrified of engaging with Travis loving Fulton before deciding to throw a kick and instantly knocking him stupid.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
He also got knocked out by Datsik in his first fight ever

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

According to MMAfighting, UFC wants to do Arlovski vs Schaub for his first match.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Per Dana's twitter:
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/459457156467929089

"Cowboy texts me sayn he landed in Baltimore, heard Ellenburgers guy fell, wants the fight & will start cutn weight now! Lol luv that kid"

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I know Arlovski is a decent enough boxer, but does he really have KO power? Or is Schaub's chin also already shot?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

raingwc posted:

Per Dana's twitter:

"Cowboy texts me sayn he landed in Baltimore, heard Ellenburgers guy fell, wants the fight & will start cutn weight now! Lol luv that kid"

Yeah it would be great if that fight were happening but I think Dana wrote that in jest. Cerrone's not fighting this weekend. He was already supposed to be in Baltimore for some press.

Atlas Hugged posted:

does he really have KO power? Or is Schaub's chin also already shot?

Both. That's what makes it a volatile matchup.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

I wonder if Shonie's presence somehow increased the odds of this happening

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

raingwc posted:

Per Dana's twitter:

Holy poo poo.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

I know Arlovski is a decent enough boxer, but does he really have KO power?

Yes, very much so.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Arlovski rocked Fedor, didn't he?

God I loved Andre back in the day with the wild hair + dumb mouth-guard. :allears:

e:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 25, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Atlas Hugged posted:

I know Arlovski is a decent enough boxer, but does he really have KO power? Or is Schaub's chin also already shot?

Arlovski is the only person to ever KO Roy Nelson.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Almost looks like 2 clones fighting.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
remember when werdum open hand slapped arlovski in the face

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

LordPants posted:

Arlovski rocked Fedor, didn't he?

iirc Fedor slipped a bunch of his punches and then threw a dumb punch that knocked out a dumber man

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Arlovski is the only person to ever KO Roy Nelson.

Aside from all the bullshit that went down in that match, I think he and JDS are the only ones to actually knock Nelson down.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
He backed fedor up a fair bit and then threw a flying knee and got knocked out in midair and it was really funny

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Arlovski should obviously fight Overeem then

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

1st AD posted:

iirc Fedor slipped a bunch of his punches and then threw a dumb punch that knocked out a dumber man

Yep. Basically nothing landed clean but he was pushed back into the turnbuckle. At this stage Arlovski's brain had a Melvin Guillard level BSOD, leading to a KO.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Novum posted:

Our boy JT missed his chance for a pity signing.

Pity signing? JT is in Poland shooting beer commercials and is on an impressive win streak.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Swedens largest private TV-channel has started a web series about Swedish MMA, which is nice. They just released a short clip where Ilir Latifi demonstrates his choke from the Diabate fight. With English subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRl9iLkRq0

It's nice to see how far the image of MMA in Sweden has come. Just a few years ago everything had a tone of disapproval and now it's mostly just another sport.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Neurosis posted:

Yep. Basically nothing landed clean but he was pushed back into the turnbuckle. At this stage Arlovski's brain had a Melvin Guillard level BSOD, leading to a KO.

Affliction was amazing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The best thing about Affliction was when Barnett failed to get licensed and then Fedor ducked Vitor Belfort and asked to fight Brett Rogers instead.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

DekeThornton posted:

Swedens largest private TV-channel has started a web series about Swedish MMA, which is nice. They just released a short clip where Ilir Latifi demonstrates his choke from the Diabate fight. With English subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRl9iLkRq0

It's nice to see how far the image of MMA in Sweden has come. Just a few years ago everything had a tone of disapproval and now it's mostly just another sport.

While we're talking about how nice it is that MMA really is becoming mainstream in Sweden, one of SHLs(swedish hockey league) most famous teams has now started training MMA for all their cardo and strength needs. I think its really neat.

mewse
May 2, 2006

raingwc posted:

While we're talking about how nice it is that MMA really is becoming mainstream in Sweden, one of SHLs(swedish hockey league) most famous teams has now started training MMA for all their cardo and strength needs. I think its really neat.

I'm canadian and our meathead hockey fans are proud of how "tough" our teams are in international competition, which mainly translates to hitting with disproportionate power at inappropriate times. If one of our guys dropped their gloves and instantly got choked unconscious by a Swede I would laugh so hard..

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

i forgot about it until someone mentioned it yesterday, and now i can't stop laughing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Arlovski's spent the last 4 years fighting racists, mentally broken men and UFC washouts. I can't see this being a stellar return to the Octagon.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Nike's new World Cup ad has a little cameo from Jon Jones and Anderson Silva, and it feels really out of place amidst all the football.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Coincidentally Jon won't be allowed to sport any Nike logos on Saturday. He's still sponsored by them for the next 18 months or so, but Zuffa didn't come to a deal with them to allow it.

His sole sponsor will be EA Sports.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
OH COME ON

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Someone in the UFC's marketing team has a pretty good sense of humor.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

lmao

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
And I didn't realize that he's done this before:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/5/5476220/ufc-light-heavyweight-champ-jon-jones-twitter-beerf-tyson-griffin-waterboy-mma-news

And after Romero KO'd Derek Brunson, Jones DM'ed "dick sucker" to some guy who commented on it.

So apparently, even worse than being a herb, Jones doesn't appreciate the greatness that is Yoel Romero.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

UFC ‏@ufc 1m

ignore our social media posts today some coward with chicken legs stole our phone, trying to change our passwords now

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

coconono posted:

Arlovski's spent the last 4 years fighting racists, mentally broken men and UFC washouts. I can't see this being a stellar return to the Octagon.

Travis Fulton is all three even.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

quote:

UFC ‏@ufc 1m

ignore our social media posts today some coward with chicken legs stole our phone, trying to change our passwords now

It needs to come out that this was Phil Davis :allears:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's loving hilarious how Jon Jones is in a constant state of too bad-boy for his christian image and too christian for his bad-boy image. Which results in things like calling some random fool a dick sucker on twitter and then genuinely feeling bad about it.

Edit: Sorry Ken doll it was me.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

Joe Silva is a cruel and amazing man.

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Yes. It was a terrible move in a terrible fight.

Actually, that reminds me why I only became a fan of Werdum this past weekend. He's been in a couple really terrible fights, and this was the one that really made me dislike him.

• Locked thread