Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys revealed their new Spider-Man today and man, it is brilliant. I skipped the one from the first movie as I didn't like the gold eyes but since the new costume is perfect the toy is perfect, plus check this:

Amazing.

Literally. :3:

Orange vest, canister of plutonium.... heeeeey wait a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Any ideas how much the ASM2 Hot Toys will be?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Orange vest, canister of plutonium.... heeeeey wait a minute.

Waitaminute Doc... are you telling me you built a time machine, out of the Spider-Mobile?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Agrias120 posted:

Any ideas how much the ASM2 Hot Toys will be?

Chances are in the neighbourhood of $200-$250.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Geez the chase figure for the MOTUC line this year is pretty lackluster. It's two smaller figures about 2 inches high and one of them is a repaint because it was originally packaged as an accessory in a weapons pack. The other figure doesn't even have articulation and can't move at all, it's a statue.

They're asking 20 dollars.

Goatman is just weird because he's not a goat nor a man, he's just a burly darth maul with a different kind of horns and a red vest. He's not bad, but he's not amazing either.

You're paying around 60-70 bucks with shipping if you ordered the set.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

It took me way too long to get that BTTF reference.

Killer Spider Man fig tho'

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys revealed their new Spider-Man today and man, it is brilliant. I skipped the one from the first movie as I didn't like the gold eyes but since the new costume is perfect the toy is perfect, plus check this:

Amazing.

Literally. :3:

I have two of the Tobey figures, and I skipped ASM1 because that costume was poo poo. This'll be my third Spider-Man purchase.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Am I the only one disappointed that it doesn't include the fireman helmet?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Am I the only one disappointed that it doesn't include the fireman helmet?

somethings just aren't worth dying for

nofaves
Mar 26, 2005

Kublai Khan is my homeboy.
So if anyone has any DC Universe Classics Nekron pieces (left and right arms, right leg) or Validus pieces (torso, left arm) gathering dust, I'd happily buy them from you. I want to finish these drat CnCs, and I don't to spend more than I should on characters I don't even want. I'm also in the market for pieces of Giganta, but no way am I finishing THAT one without breaking the bank. :lol:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up the Hudson Vs. Warrior Alien 2-pack today. The facial expression on Hudson is great, and the warrior Alien's acid damage looks really cool. I wouldn't mind more 2-packs like this, like Ripley with the '79 Alien, or a Marine with a non-battle damaged warrior Alien.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I got the Hulk/Bruce Banner Hot Toy 2 pack in last night. It is a very impressive set, I was surprised that they included the eye rolling feature on the Hulk figure. Bruce Banner looks great as well and fits in nicely with the Tony Stark Hot Toy with his work bench and everything. I can post pictures later if anyone wants to see how they look next to other figures.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

I got the Hulk/Bruce Banner Hot Toy 2 pack in last night. It is a very impressive set, I was surprised that they included the eye rolling feature on the Hulk figure. Bruce Banner looks great as well and fits in nicely with the Tony Stark Hot Toy with his work bench and everything. I can post pictures later if anyone wants to see how they look next to other figures.

I'd love to see Bruce, he's still on my shortlist to acquire.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

nofaves posted:

So if anyone has any DC Universe Classics Nekron pieces (left and right arms, right leg) or Validus pieces (torso, left arm) gathering dust, I'd happily buy them from you. I want to finish these drat CnCs, and I don't to spend more than I should on characters I don't even want. I'm also in the market for pieces of Giganta, but no way am I finishing THAT one without breaking the bank. :lol:

I'm fairly certain I have an extra Validus torso. You don't happen to have a torso for Atom Smasher, do you?

nofaves
Mar 26, 2005

Kublai Khan is my homeboy.

Cloks posted:

I'm fairly certain I have an extra Validus torso. You don't happen to have a torso for Atom Smasher, do you?

Unfortunately, no. I only bought one Ocean Spray Aquaman figure, and one was more than enough.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

nofaves posted:

Unfortunately, no. I only bought one Ocean Spray Aquaman figure, and one was more than enough.

No worries, just checking. I can send you the torso for the cost of shipping - probably about five bucks if you live in the continental US.

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013

nofaves posted:

I have both Nekron arms if you're interested. Just e-mail me and we can work something out.

nasmith7400 at hotmail.com

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Hey I was going to send someone in this thread a belt for their CM Punk figure. Then I got busy and utterly dropped the ball. Could I get a reminder, and/or an email to frictiony at yahoo?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got NECA's Bioshock Infinite "Motorized Patriot" figure and it's huge and completely kicks rear end. The mechanism on the crank-gun actually works so you can make the barrels spin if you turn the crank. There's no way for the mechanism to work while the figure is holding the gun, so it's pretty awesome that they took the time to engineer that feature in for no reason other than "collectors are going to mess with this thing when the figure isn't holding it, let's make it functional". :hellyeah:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
It looks like NECA's stuff is gonna be easier to get at toys r us according to thier facebook page:

"You asked, #NECA listened! We've heard reports that it's sometimes hard to find NECA products in Toys ''R'' Us stores, or that they sell out too quickly. Toys R Us is an important partner, so we made a big change:

NECA is now doing its own merchandising at almost every #TRU store in the United States. ...

Our merchandising teams are placing a wider selection of more frequently updated items on the shelf just for you, the fans. Visit your local Toys R Us now to see the new, improved NECA section: bigger, better, and badder than ever!

It's a considerable expense for us, but the results are worth it. Let us know what you think, and you could win a mind-blowing prize: a test shot of a NECA action figure!"

I never really had a problem finding NECA figures at the TRU's around me, but this is good news for those stores that sell out quickly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nice. NECA stuff always sells out around here. I'll check that out soon!

But it would be awesome if Hasbro partnered up with Toys R Us to sell a whole isle of Black Series Boba Fett's. FFS.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Heh Hasbro has had people in TRU for like 20 years.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

therealjon_ posted:

Heh Hasbro has had people in TRU for like 20 years.

Like HYDRA and SHIELD? :ohdear:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bought the D-Arts Megaman X yesterday and had a chance to open it up today. This is one of the poorer figures I own. First of all it's oily as gently caress for some reason?? Secondly, the joints on the arm are stiff as gently caress. Hard to pose and if you push too far the arm cannon / regular hand fall right off.

Check the arm attachment in this pic - what the gently caress?

It did only cost me $45 (reg. $80!) but I feel like im going to get it one pose and never change it again.

Secondly, his giant charge blast weighs the thing down and he can't stand with it. No idea how this guy got his to stand.

In the end tho, once you get it posed and end the fight with the arms coming off, he does look pretty great and its probably the truest figure to the art from the SNES days. A Figma figure would have been better I think.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got the D-Arts Black Zero on Friday myself (30 bux, not bad at all), and I didn't have anywhere near those kinds of troubles with it. If anything, the limbs are a bit too loose and I have to pose it perfectly so it doesn't end up doing the splits. Kinda the opposite trouble I had with my D-Arts Knight Blazer, which might have the stiffest hip joint in existence.

If you think that charge shot is big, though, try getting the Armored X to use his. It's at least twice as large as that one and I'm pretty sure it absolutely requires a stand to work.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have the classic D-Arts Mega Man, and though they're made by the same company, it seems the D-Arts are really inferior to the SH Figuarts. Mega Man's limbs are fairly tight and maneuverable, but his removeable hand parts are a pain to swap. I'm always afraid something is going to snap.

My SH Figuarts Trunks is amazing. Maybe not as good as my Figma Link or Samus, but still great. I'm waiting on Goku, and Naruto now. Got 'em both preordered.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I found an extra AIM soldier. Anyone willing to trade a Spider Girl, Rocksteady, Bebop, or Black Widow for it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

I found an extra AIM soldier. Anyone willing to trade a Spider Girl, Rocksteady, Bebop, or Black Widow for it?

Is he rare now? I saw two at Wal-Mart last night.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 6, 2014

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rhyno posted:

Is he rare now? I saw two at Wal-Mart last night.

I've only ever seen one in the wild.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

boom boom boom posted:

I hope none of you were looking forward to that Revoltech MGS1 Snake

Snake? SNAAAAAAAKE?
WHAT!?
Dude you're hella swole

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

When I see "Revoltech" I hold no expectations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Why are both of them posed like cartoon characters sucking in their bellies to impress a hot chick?

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

:stare:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm sure that is gonna be cheap.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am gonna hazard a guess at around $599 like the Batmobiles.

I put my order in yesterday for the Spider-Man 2 figure. First tried Sideshow but apparently Canada wasn't allowed to get it so I had to go with Toy Square (which is based in Canada).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Rage posted:

Yeah this is not going to be easy, he's this generations Wolverine

If that were true, Deadpool would've gotten a better movie treatment.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Finally found a Boba Fett Star Wars Black figure in the wild. At Barnes and Noble of all places.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

If that were true, Deadpool would've gotten a better movie treatment.

The Deadpool solo film is still coming, so there's hope yet

Holy poo poo we're finally getting Spider-Man villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ultraviolence123 posted:

Finally found a Boba Fett Star Wars Black figure in the wild. At Barnes and Noble of all places.

:(

I'm going to try again today. :(

Also, that Rhino is worthless.

Literally 3 minutes of screen time, and will probably never be seen again. At least that costume. You know they're going to change it for the sequel.