Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ephex posted:

Joah guad eh, hehe, do Franz, I sags amoi so, joah guad eeeeeeh, er hat scho besser ausgschaut.

I just totally read that in Josef Nulinger's voice. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

ephex posted:

He has been doing so for weeks. Peps match plan at the moment seems to be keeping all the possession at whatever cost and hoping that Robben scores the winner.

this really is van Gaal all over again.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

http://www.ksta.de/bayer-04-leverkusen/-wechsel-angeblich-perfekt-schmidt-wird-wohl-bayer-trainer,15189374,26947736.html

I did not ask for this.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Actually I think it's a great idea to pick a manager from another corporate shill team who failed to get out of the CL qualifying stage twice in a row (six times if you look at RB Salzburg in general), he'll fit right in!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I love these news, for the Schadenfreude directed at Frankfurt who were pursuing him, too.

Also funny: the continuing feud between Torsten Fink and the HSV.

quote:

Nach einem 2:6 bei Borussia Dortmund habe sich Fink "sogar auf der Rückbank des Autos eines Freundes aus dem Stadion schleusen lassen, um nach dem Debakel gegen Dortmund den Medienvertretern nicht Rede und Antwort stehen zu müssen", sagte Kreuzer: "Das hat damals niemand mitbekommen. Thorsten weiß, was vorgefallen ist."

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 25, 2014

Hotzenplotz
Sep 16, 2008
Lets wait for the official announcement, Nuremberg ist also looking for a coach.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

frankenfreak posted:

I love these news, for the Schadenfreude directed at Frankfurt who were pursuing him, too.

Also funny: the continuing feud between Torsten Fink and the HSV.

Oh man that's amazing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hübner has been stating the obvious in a press conference just now. Schmidt is going to Leverkusen next season.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Hübner has been stating the obvious in a press conference just now. Schmidt is going to Leverkusen next season.

For posterity: this is a stupid decision and will lead to nothing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

For posterity: this is a stupid decision and will lead to nothing.

It'll probably lead to a nice severance packet for Schmidt.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, it could've been worse. You could've gotten Fink or Veh or someone along those lines.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I would have preferred Veh tbqh, but what can you do. I basically see Schmidt continue the lineage of Labbadia, Dutt and Hyppiä, and that's not the "big change" they promised. Hopefully this means Völler is finally out of a job this time next year.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

I would have preferred Veh tbqh, but what can you do. I basically see Schmidt continue the lineage of Labbadia, Dutt and Hyppiä, and that's not the "big change" they promised. Hopefully this means Völler is finally out of a job this time next year.

Was there no chance of Lewandowski carrying on? Seems like he's pretty good at the job.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Was there no chance of Lewandowski carrying on? Seems like he's pretty good at the job.

Just like last year he claimed he really does not want to do the job, but also Völler et al. announced that they wanted a manager with "international standing". I do believe they could have convinced him to continue working as the team's manager, but if he was told something along the lines of "we are trying to get someone good, but if we can't find that someone, it'll be you", I can see why he wouldn't bother.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hotzenplotz posted:

Lets wait for the official announcement, Nuremberg ist also looking for a coach.

There is still *checks list* Daum, Matthäus and... uhm... Doll?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm p. good at football manager maybe they'll hire me.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Two victories in a row. Now watch Poschner give von Ahlen a two year contract...

Next season's gonna suck as much as this year's.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

hopterque posted:

I'm p. good at football manager maybe they'll hire me.

which one?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

#pepmustwalk

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

LMAO if Bayern lose against this bunch of shitcloggers.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

beer_war posted:

LMAO if Bayern lose against this bunch of shitcloggers.

Thanks for getting my hopes up. :(

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Get those hopes back up, my friend.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol that's why I'm refusing to go to league games any more this season

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Gotta hand it to ScourgeBee for sticking with the 3-1 Bremen Kicktipp. I want them to win just for that.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

They've still got time to make it happen!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Lahm for Weiser? There might be an actual football manager in charge now... Tiger bist du es?

Edit: RIPs Nürnberg :D

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Aw shucks.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
welp

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

All of them, duh.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
looks like somebody found the right words at halftime

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The Franck is waking.

Edit: LOL

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 26, 2014

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
haha Robben comes on and scores before he gets his armband figured out

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:getin:

Finally we're playing some loving football again.

Also: rip Nürnberg, rip just rip

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

My outlook on this game has greatly improved since Wolfsburg didn't win. I'd be fine with a draw, gonna be tough enough as it is.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I like how Marcel Reif spends a solid minute claiming Lewandowski's yellow just now wasn't a foul, until he finally sees it in replay. Also lol at Klopp getting mad again.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Spiegel online: http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/champions-league-fc-bayern-kaempft-um-finale-gegenreal-madrid-a-966740.html

quote:

Der FC Bayern steht als letztes deutsches Team im Europacup - und dann noch gegen Real Madrid, die Geldsäcke aus Spanien. Ehrensache also, dass man den Münchnern im Champions-League-Halbfinale die Daumen drückt? Nicht unbedingt.

Thomas Müller hat schon einmal die Richtung vorgegeben. Er forderte für den Abend beim Halbfinal-Rückspiel der Bayern gegen Real Madrid "die volle Unterstützung, auch von den Medien, von der Presse". Schließlich, so der Nationalspieler, "sind wir alle Deutsche".

So Thomas Müller thinks in international copmetitions we should all root for the German teams. What a noted difference to some "fans" like Dunban for example.

I hope they beat Madrid, but it would be karma if they don't.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Torrannor posted:

Spiegel online: http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/champions-league-fc-bayern-kaempft-um-finale-gegenreal-madrid-a-966740.html

So Thomas Müller thinks in international copmetitions we should all root for the German teams. What a noted difference to some "fans" like Dunban for example.

they're not going to beat Madrid. Hilarious results have already come to fruition.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Suck a dick, Thomas. If I hate a team on Saturdays, I hate it on Wednesdays, too.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Torrannor posted:

haha gently caress off

He's allowed to have this opinion. My opinion however is

Katana Gomai posted:

If I hate a team on Saturdays, I hate it on Wednesdays, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
At least Leverkusen no longer have the most embarrassing performance by a German team in the Champions League this year.

• Locked thread