Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Twistys Rapture posted:

There's no big piece of poo poo hanging off its back

Not yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Twistys Rapture posted:

There's no big piece of poo poo hanging off its back

Just the cast

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Twistys Rapture posted:

Samurai Ha Oh 2.0

That was at least supposed to be a grand rolling parade float thing, this is just some rainbow monstrosity riding on an orange train.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

mikeycp posted:

I recall a similar thing happening with Goseiger when it wasn't as good as Shinkenger.

But TQGer is much better than the last half of Kyouryuger has been. I don't know why people are complaining about the plot specifically, if you were looking for interwoven plotlines you've really came to the wrong franchise. They have a good-enough plot hook with the memory loss and possible Red twists, decent villains and a servicable supporting cast. Maybe people are just comparing it to Gaim, (which I haven't been watching?)

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I just spent the last two days marathoning Gaim 14-26, ToQger 3-8, The Team up Between the Two and Super Hero Taisan Z.

I am really liking where Gaim is going with it's story.

ToQger is... yeah. Not as bad to me like other people seem to be saying but I think I enjoyed the first two episodes more then some of the recent ones. Though I really like Ticket popping out in random places in the cockpit and then seeing the conductor take him of in ep 8 and ToQ4's reaction to it.

I'm not going to bother tagging my thoughts on SHTZ since that was months ago.

You can tell like with the first one that they can only get the actors and suits for the current series for a limited time since the stories seem to focus on ether past heroes and/or the sidekicks with Beast.

Random Shinken Yellow out of nowhere to fix the Space Sheriff Transformation problem was just bizarre. While I like the actress for Shinken Yellow, I think they could have found a better way to fix that. I don't think I facepalmed that hard in a while.

7 full Sentai teams and 3...random...reds... huh. I really feel like when they chose the suits that would appear not from the last couple of years, they just pulled names from a hat.

I do love Beet J Stag's Cameo. it is so in character for him to appear out of nowhere and just get in the way.

Why does Shadow Moon keep coming back? He's been killed what? 4 or 5 times now?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The ShinkenYellow thing was a gag about her actress also playing Gavan's support girl person. Doesn't make it any less bullshit, but at least there's some reason.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Cliff Racer posted:

But TQGer is much better than the last half of Kyouryuger has been. I don't know why people are complaining about the plot specifically, if you were looking for interwoven plotlines you've really came to the wrong franchise. They have a good-enough plot hook with the memory loss and possible Red twists, decent villains and a servicable supporting cast. Maybe people are just comparing it to Gaim, (which I haven't been watching?)

I've only watched part of one episode of Gaim and I think ToQ is bland and boring and the mech is kinda dumb. Of the episodes I've watched, the protagonists are either annoying -- Right, Kagura -- or without any presence whatsoever -- the other three.

And the last half of Kyoryuger was pretty great right up until that last episode.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
For some dumb reason Kagura's pigtails annoy me to no end, but I can't place why. I actually don't mind her as a character. I honestly like something about most of the characters - Right's optimism, Kagura's gimmick, Hikari's tactical sense. I like Mio, but she doesn't really get much screen time and that might just be because I'm a Garo fan. I really can't stand Tokatti though, and I just don't think they work much as a team, although it is still pretty early.

I don't dislike the show, it's just very blah to me. I really enjoyed Kyo right up to the last episode as well.

Also this week in Gaim someone said 'keep smiling' in a sentence and I couldn't get Candelira's voice out of my head even though it didn't match the scene at all.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Also the 'hey. this thing we're doing right now is exactly like this EXACT OTHER THING WE DID as children' poo poo is wearing hyper-thin.

And it's like they didn't know what they wanted to do with the cast because two of them come across as actual children in adult bodies, two seem like actual grownups and the fifth is just kind of a sad train nerd.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Considering all the crap Micchy's been pulling, I could use a show where all the heroes are super best friends and solve problems using their imagination.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Darksaber posted:

For some dumb reason Kagura's pigtails annoy me to no end, but I can't place why.

That's odd, because I thought the same thing. I think it's because her face doesn't fit that hair style.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

V-Men posted:

Considering all the crap Micchy's been pulling, I could use a show where all the heroes are super best friends and solve problems using their imagination.

Kamen Rider W

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SpazmasterX posted:

Kamen Rider W

Caveat: Accel is the worst until his character arc is over, to the point where other characters have to act out of character just to keep him around. He gets better later.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rei_ posted:

Also the 'hey. this thing we're doing right now is exactly like this EXACT OTHER THING WE DID as children' poo poo is wearing hyper-thin.

And it's like they didn't know what they wanted to do with the cast because two of them come across as actual children in adult bodies, two seem like actual grownups and the fifth is just kind of a sad train nerd.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them turn out to actually be kids.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

jonjonaug posted:

Caveat: Accel is the worst until his character arc is over, to the point where other characters have to act out of character just to keep him around. He gets better later.

Caveat caveat: Hen......................SHIN makes up for any and all character flaws.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Darksaber posted:

Caveat caveat: Hen......................SHIN makes up for any and all character flaws.

He literally lets a dude get murdered.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

Yeah but Kouta has literally murdered someone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jonjonaug posted:

Don't ask him questions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jonjonaug posted:

Welcome to Kamen Rider, people get murdered. poo poo loving happens on the mean streets of Fuuto.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Welcome to Kamen Rider, people get murdered. poo poo loving happens on the mean streets of Fuuto.

Yes but there's a difference between "person gets murdered as part of the episode's plot" and "Kamen Rider lets a person get murdered as part of the episode's plot". The fact that Shotaro had to act egregiously out of character just to justify Terui's continued presence made that entire arc (and several of Terui's subsequent appearances) just incredibly grating to watch. It was some really terrible writing.

W in general just wasn't good at the drama except for the last three or so episodes.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

mateo360 posted:

So I just spent the last two days marathoning Gaim 14-26, ToQger 3-8, The Team up Between the Two and Super Hero Taisan Z.

I am really liking where Gaim is going with it's story.

ToQger is... yeah. Not as bad to me like other people seem to be saying but I think I enjoyed the first two episodes more then some of the recent ones. Though I really like Ticket popping out in random places in the cockpit and then seeing the conductor take him of in ep 8 and ToQ4's reaction to it.

I'm not going to bother tagging my thoughts on SHTZ since that was months ago.

You can tell like with the first one that they can only get the actors and suits for the current series for a limited time since the stories seem to focus on ether past heroes and/or the sidekicks with Beast.

Random Shinken Yellow out of nowhere to fix the Space Sheriff Transformation problem was just bizarre. While I like the actress for Shinken Yellow, I think they could have found a better way to fix that. I don't think I facepalmed that hard in a while.

7 full Sentai teams and 3...random...reds... huh. I really feel like when they chose the suits that would appear not from the last couple of years, they just pulled names from a hat.

I do love Beet J Stag's Cameo. it is so in character for him to appear out of nowhere and just get in the way.

Why does Shadow Moon keep coming back? He's been killed what? 4 or 5 times now?

gently caress YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

After V 03 is out and TQG 09 is soon to follow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ignis posted:

ToQger is out now too! I'm phone posting, so please excuse my lack of link.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It seems we're now on the Solo character development line now

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Ignis posted:

After V is a fun show. I wasn't so hot on the first episode, but the second had me hooked and the third is even better. That might have to do with there being less jokes where the punchline is just Red complaining that the team is not acting like real superheroes.

I'm not sure if I want Lamé Gold to reappear regularly or never, ever come back.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't think ToQger is particularly a bad show, it's just got Goseiger's problem where it followed a good series and so its flaws seem worse by comparison. It's not like it's a chore to watch it but I don't really particularly like any of the characters that much, Wagon is terrible, and the conductor still just seems like they're trying way too hard to make him Owner II but he's nowhere close.

I really am hoping that ToQ 6 will give me at least one person that I can get excited about doing things, but I'm not gonna drop it. I mean, I made it through Wizard, I can make it through this.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I started watching :pirate:Gokaiger:pirate: I'm in the hospital ATM and burned though the entire show in 3 days.

I really enjoy this one, and as a long time PR fan this appeals to me even more. It's also the first Sentai I can just keep watching episode after episode and it stays fresh.
Gai is the best. :swoon:

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Zedd posted:

I started watching :pirate:Gokaiger:pirate: I'm in the hospital ATM and burned though the entire show in 3 days.

I really enjoy this one, and as a long time PR fan this appeals to me even more. It's also the first Sentai I can just keep watching episode after episode and it stays fresh.
Gai is the best. :swoon:

All the nerds think their Gai but their really Nobuo

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
There's nothing wrong with being Akagi :colbert:

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Kurokage got an energy lockseed lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And all it does is change the end of the spear. :allears:

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Out side drinkeing pinecone soda

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Tastes better than an acorn au lait, at least.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

TerminusEst13 posted:

Tastes better than an acorn au lait, at least.

Haven't you ever had a cream based dessert with nuts in it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is a reason people don't really eat acorns even though they are edible.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Serious Frolicking posted:

There is a reason people don't really eat acorns even though they are edible.

Maybe not plain acorns. But acorn noodles are probably the best noodles I have ever eaten.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

There's totally Acorn Milk though in Japan, but no Pinecone anything.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So now that I have a Mobirates, I've embarked on a mission to collect every Red Ranger Key, preferably the nice DX versions with full painted chests and the like.

I've discovered that by buying:

Ranger Key Set SP, Ranger Key Set 01, Set 02 and Set 04

the only Red keys I'll be missing are Gorenger, Kakuranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, and Gokaiger. (Well, plus Go-Busters, Akibaranger, and Kyoryuger, but I know I need to buy the sets of all those teams to get those). What's the most cost effective way to get those 5 keys? It looks like 3 of them game with the original Mobirates, but were they ever repackaged? And what about Gorenger and Kakuranger?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So Marvel is having an event called Spider-Verse in November which is going to feature pretty much every iteration of Spider-Man the comics have seen.

Why am I posting this in the toku thread?

Because fuckin' Supaidaman is in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
loving incredible, I hope whichever vilalin this is gets his poo poo kicked in by Leopardon :allears:

• Locked thread