Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
What's that TCC thread where everyone blacks out and ruins their entire lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Couldn't find the original, but the second post of this Phenazepam thread has some of the good quotes. My favorite is the guy who almost bought a grand piano off ebay during a blackout.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

HOW COULD YOU posted:

What's that TCC thread where everyone blacks out and ruins their entire lives?

The classic one was the heroin thread, which is going on here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2621435

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

MrGreenShirt posted:

Couldn't find the original, but the second post of this Phenazepam thread has some of the good quotes. My favorite is the guy who almost bought a grand piano off ebay during a blackout.

Yesssss this is it.

The heroin thread was more like a slow spiral.
"i can totally just do it on weekends"

"well some days i just need it, not addicted"

"its cool that i didnt quit that time, now i have no tolerance!!!"

"my life is in shambles."

Phenazepam is like

"ok guys taking a nanogram"

*three days later*

"I DID 2 GRAMS BLACKED OUT FOR THREE DAYS, NOW MY SISTER IS PREGNANT AND I PUNCHED MY DOG IN THE FACE"

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

MrGreenShirt posted:

That entire thread is good quotes:

quote:

Figured I'd follow up on this. Since I forget December 1st - December 4thish, here's the entire story.

I dosed 2.5mg on December 1st, and then went to work. I don't remember much else about this day, pretty sure nothing big happened.

Wednesday, 11:00am: I dose 6mg.

Wednesday, 11:40am: I leave my house in my work clothes, wearing no shoes.

Wednesday, 11:55am: I arrive at work, apparently after swerving all over the road and almost hitting a telephone pole near our local library.

The telephone pole is on the right side of the road, in-between the road and the library. According to a friend who witnessed me driving to work, he thought I was going to the library.

Wednesday, 12:00pm - 12:07pm: I apparently have not only fallen down, but passed out. The big cheese is at work currently, but from what I recall has said nothing to me. A lower manager asks me to go sit down because I am apparently hosed up. I, instead, walk out to my car and proceed to head home.

Wednesday, 12:13pm: According to the State Highway Patrol's report, I struck a deer and went off the right side of the road. I then took out a 10 foot tall advertisement sign, ramped my SUV (an Oldsmobile Bravada) up a dead tree, flipping it on its left side. I remember the car being sideways, and having a cracked windshield.

Wednesday, between 12:15 and 12:30pm: Someone helps me out my passenger door and sits me in their car until the squads arrive.

Wednesday, before nighttime: I call my work and tell them I got in a car accident, effectively freaking them out. I also threaten to kill my lesser manager for loving with my family (I have no clue how that even makes sense.) I am taken to [LOCAL HOSPITAL HERE], apparently complaining about stomach and elbow pains. Doctors fear internal injuries, and determine that I should be life-flighted to a bigger hospital. Bad weather prevents me from being flown, and I must be taken via ambulance to a bigger hospital.

Wednesday, during the transfer: Two paramedics administer 200mcg of Dilaudid to me, and I remember having a normal conversation with them, just not what it was about.

Wednesday, sometime between 3pm and 9pm, at [BIGGER HOSPITAL HERE]: I am admitted with bradycardia (HELLO OPIATES AND BENZOS) and vehicular injuries. Apparently my sister comes into my room, crying and screaming. I eject my family from my hospital room.

Thursday, 4:30pm: I am discharged from [BIGGER HOSPITAL HERE]. I remember not being able to lift my head, and being wheeled out of the hospital without moving any part of my body.

Friday, 1:00am: I consume 12 percocets (prescribed for pain) to try and kill myself.

Friday, 2:30am: I receive activated charcoal and get my stomach pumped.

Friday, 3:xxpm: I am threatened by the hospital's psych that if I don't take some Wellbutrin and Celexa (meds that I was previously on) that I would not be allowed to leave the hospital until the 72 hour observation period ended. I said, gently caress that poo poo and took them.

Friday, 6:30pm: I am discharged from [SMALLER HOSPITAL HERE].

All in all, my medical bills are something of $26,000 and my SUV is totaled. I blew the front two tires (THEY WERE LESS THAN ONE WEEK OLD ) I didn't break any bones, just a few bruises. No citation from the Highway Patrol, nobody else hurt, everybody's happy.

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
These people are the epitome of responsible living!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If you're looking for more hosed up Phenazepam related stuff this episode of Lou Reads the Internet is worth a listen. http://loureads.com/2013/10/09/lou-reads-tales-of-phenazepam-drug-trip-nightmares/

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MrGreenShirt posted:

Found the original thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3204587

Reading it for the first time, HOW COULD YOU's analysis is spot on.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tunicate posted:

Found the original thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3204587

Reading it for the first time, HOW COULD YOU's analysis is spot on.

I love the post saying "Guys it's totally legal in the U.S., Wikipedia said so" on the first page. Just lovely.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I love the post saying "Guys it's totally legal in the U.S., Wikipedia said so" on the first page. Just lovely.

Basically it was the perfect storm of hosed up.
  • It was not explicitly illegal (not scheduled), so it was easy to get.

• It's a benzo, so when you take it you don't think you are hosed up, and want to take more/do things you REALLY SHOULD NOT DO while on drugs (like 5 car crashes in that thread)

• It was (relatively) cheap

• It had an absurd biological half life (50+ hours)

• and HUGE POINT it only came in powder form, and was active un half a milligram doses. Which is the size of a small grain of sand.

This culminated in a bunch of idiots thinking they could accurately eyeball the dose to take (eyeball a grain of sand sized dose), feeling like they were unaffected, taking a bunch more, and losing weeks to a blackout where they did ridiculous things.

TCC is the best and also the worst forum.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Basically it was the perfect storm of hosed up.
  • It was not explicitly illegal (not scheduled), so it was easy to get.

• It's a benzo, so when you take it you don't think you are hosed up, and want to take more/do things you REALLY SHOULD NOT DO while on drugs (like 5 car crashes in that thread)

• It was (relatively) cheap

• It had an absurd biological half life (50+ hours)

• and HUGE POINT it only came in powder form, and was active un half a milligram doses. Which is the size of a small grain of sand.

This culminated in a bunch of idiots thinking they could accurately eyeball the dose to take (eyeball a grain of sand sized dose), feeling like they were unaffected, taking a bunch more, and losing weeks to a blackout where they did ridiculous things.

TCC is the best and also the worst forum.
A perfect storm indeed. Oh, my goodness.

For those of you unfamiliar with grams as a unit of measurement, a single Skittle (you know, the little "Taste the Rainbow" candies?) is about a gram. A dose of this stuff was half a milligram. Take your Skittle and cut it into one thousand equal-sized pieces. Each piece is a milligram. Cut one of those in half and there's your .5 milligram dose.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

HOW COULD YOU posted:

Wasn't there a guy who thought that "eyeballing" a drug meant somehow absorbing a dose through the eyes, and asked how one could do this?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Yup, it's even quoted for posterity in the followup thread.

quote:

Just ordered. Can someone explain to me how this eyeballing is done? [...] No, do you use a solvent? Do you jam it under the eyelid? This isn’t really that obvious for someone who normally doesn’t take drugs with his eyeballs.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A perfect storm indeed. Oh, my goodness.

For those of you unfamiliar with grams as a unit of measurement, a single Skittle (you know, the little "Taste the Rainbow" candies?) is about a gram. A dose of this stuff was half a milligram. Take your Skittle and cut it into one thousand equal-sized pieces. Each piece is a milligram. Cut one of those in half and there's your .5 milligram dose.

Forget DARE, just print off posts from TCC and present that poo poo to high schools.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Justin Godscock posted:

Forget DARE, just print off posts from TCC and present that poo poo to high schools.

"Any questions?"

"Mister Fitzpatrick, did that guy really swing his dead arm around at the doctors and nurses to fend them off before he jumped out the window to escape?"

"....sure, kiddo."

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Does anyone have an .mp3 or something of "Crying in the Leper's Colon"?

edit: i killed the thread :gas:

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 06:47 on May 25, 2014

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
There was this GBS thread where some crazy man tried to sell everyone on his invention. It was sort of like the Timecube in that it made no sense whatsoever, but it was based on some "roman technology" and came as a docadehedron or something. I can't for the love of me find it but it was a big topic.

Anyone remember that?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Thoughtless posted:

There was this GBS thread where some crazy man tried to sell everyone on his invention. It was sort of like the Timecube in that it made no sense whatsoever, but it was based on some "roman technology" and came as a docadehedron or something. I can't for the love of me find it but it was a big topic.

Anyone remember that?
http://www.romansystemsengineering.com

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Thoughtless posted:

Anyone remember that?

Oddly enough, this came up in conversation literally today in an unrelated YOSPOS thread that I lurk, which is why I have the link handy:

TimeCube with Tits: Come learn about Roman Systems Engineering!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Oh my god, thank you both--I'd completely forgotten about that. It's just as mind-bogglingly crazy as I remember it :)

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
There was a thread couple years back where someone wrote little scripts from ideas people posted on the thread. The guy wrote a cool one where it was a scene from Les Miserables but as some kind of 70's exploitation movie. He wrote a scene where Valjean meets Cosette in a crack house/whore house. It then turns into a gunfight between Valjean and the pimp.

It was very well written and I think he posted it as a pdf somewhere.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Last page, but I got this one immediately

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
I will give you my eternal love and gratitude if you find these two amazing threads for me:

The first one I'm looking for was a thread that was actually born in GBS but moved to PYF. it was a thread about shocking and disturbing things in general, and the thread was made in 2011. It featured poo poo like Samuel R. Delany's Hoggs, Faces of Death, Redwatch, Kevin Underwood, Guro, novels about serial killers writeen by actual serial killers, shock videos, death videos, the deep web, just shocking gross disturbing crap. It was like Rotten.com except in a single thread. This thread seems to have totally disappeared, and all I want to do is just read it again. I used the SA search for this thread but I just can't find it. It's not in the goldmine or the gaschamber, so possibly it was deleted? I just want to see it again. It was so sensationalistic.

The second thread was in Games. It was about cool obscure games goons have played or were playing. It was a rarely updated recommendation thread for these types of games. That thread introduced me to Silent Storm and (I think) The Operational Art of Warfare III. I seriously consider this thread to be some of the best SA has to offer. I got so many awesome games from that thread, I really want to check out what recommended games I missed/ignored.

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo
There was a thread where goons posted their favorite female singers and/or bands with female singers. After numerous attempts, I haven't been able to dig this thread up. Anyone know where it went?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I remember this LP of warlords 2 that checked out a few interesting scenarios and mods in it. It didn't get LP archived and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I can't seem to find the Idakoos t-shirt thread in the archives. It was active in GBS sometime in 2012-2013.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

dantheman650 posted:

I can't seem to find the Idakoos t-shirt thread in the archives. It was active in GBS sometime in 2012-2013.

Here it is. The actual Something Awful article on it narrowed the time frame down.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I remember a while back someone found a way to retrieve images that used to be hosted on Waffleimages. Does anyone still remember it?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

You used to be able to add:

46.59.2.17 img.waffleimages.com

to your hosts file to still get some of the images to display from one of the remaining servers, not sure if that mirror's still active or not though.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Bargearse posted:

I remember a while back someone found a way to retrieve images that used to be hosted on Waffleimages. Does anyone still remember it?

If what VodeAndreas said doesn't work for you, this GreaseMonkey script (I forget who posted it first) will retrieve it from randomwaffle.gbs.fm

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           waffler
// @include        http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?*
// ==/UserScript==

(function(){
  var images = document.getElementsByTagName('img');
  for(var a=0;a<images.length;a+=1){
    var img = images[a];
    var src = img.getAttribute('src');
    if(src.match(/\.waffleimages.com\//)){
      var match = src.match(/waffleimages\.com\/([0-9a-f]{40})\/.*(jpe?g|png|gif)$/i);
      if(match){
        var hash = match[1];
        var ext = match[2];
        if(ext == 'jpeg'){
           ext = 'jpg';
        }
        var newSrc = 'http://randomwaffle.gbs.fm/images/' + hash.substr(0,2) + '/' + hash + '.' + ext;
        img.setAttribute('src', newSrc);
      }
    }
  }
})();

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
Does anyone remember a thread, I think it was goldmined, with a photograph of the worlds gayest currency? I can't seem to find it.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Looking for a photoshop tutorial thread that showed how to make a photo of someone look like its in the Go With the Flow video by Queens of the Stone Age.

Like this:

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009
Back when I registered there was a thread about someone labeled "the youngest horror writer in the world" or similar in GBS and I remember it being really funny. Someone claiming to be the author showed up later in the thread, saying he later enlisted in the army if that helps spark any memories.

Does anyone know the thread I'm talking about? I'd love to re-visit it if someone can find it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mock the Cross posted:

Back when I registered there was a thread about someone labeled "the youngest horror writer in the world" or similar in GBS and I remember it being really funny. Someone claiming to be the author showed up later in the thread, saying he later enlisted in the army if that helps spark any memories.

Does anyone know the thread I'm talking about? I'd love to re-visit it if someone can find it.

That was Horrors by Ben Biddick.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Anyone have a link to that thread about horrible customer service where the OP whined about Denny's not having chopsticks? Thanks in advance!

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

Yes! Thank you so much!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Does anyone have the thread in SA-Mart/Coupons and Deals where a goon was starting his own bag of crap deals website and a whole bunch of goons bought it and were all scammed?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

funzo2226 posted:

Does anyone have the thread in SA-Mart/Coupons and Deals where a goon was starting his own bag of crap deals website and a whole bunch of goons bought it and were all scammed?

BoxMystery.com - A bag of stuff that may or may not be worth your money

For extra schadenfreude look at the people in the beginning of the thread who point out what an obvious scam it is just to be shouted down by people who can't resist the allure of the mystery box. Also that they only punishment the guy got was his and his friend's accounts being permabanned because before goons could press charges the thread had to be locked to stave off all the internet detectiving and GOON JUSTICE.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

BoxMystery.com - A bag of stuff that may or may not be worth your money

For extra schadenfreude look at the people in the beginning of the thread who point out what an obvious scam it is just to be shouted down by people who can't resist the allure of the mystery box. Also that they only punishment the guy got was his and his friend's accounts being permabanned because before goons could press charges the thread had to be locked to stave off all the internet detectiving and GOON JUSTICE.

Sweet thanks so much, rereading that thread is good for a laugh or three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Okay, here's a really old request. Way back in the day there was a goon who's name I can't remember that bought up a shitload of NES mario brothers/duck hunt carts and turned then into a full body suit of armor and then posted pics of himself wearing it. Google is failing me and it's driving me crazy only being able to half remember how hilarious that picture was. Anyone?