Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rhyno posted:

Teon just got shot in the newest issue of X-Men.

Not fatally though, so we aren't in the kill-off-phase just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah but she and the lights were supposed to begin the slow trickle of new mutants that they had to retcon away so Iron Man could catch a case of plot born idiocy that was "the phoenix will destroy us despite all repeated evidence to the contrary and the mutants having a custom-built host ready for her. I'm a genius!"
Fixed that for you.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

CapnAndy posted:

Fixed that for you.

Yes after thirty odd years of Cyclops swinging back and forth from distrusting to outright hating the Phoenix force it was truly Iron Man who was acting out of character.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

SirDan3k posted:

Yes after thirty odd years of Cyclops swinging back and forth from distrusting to outright hating the Phoenix force it was truly Iron Man who was acting out of character.

To be fair Cyclops main beef with the Phoenix was the threat it represented to his wife, that threat no longer being an issue by AvX. Beast had previously been shown happy to work with his genocidal twin if it meant a chance at reversing the Mutant extinction, Cyclops willingness to work with the Phoenix is hardly any nuttier.

The most out of character actions were really Cap blindly allowing himself to be manipulated into antagonizing rather than working with the world's only Phoneix experts by Logan even after he realized that the latter's real plan all along was to murder a teenager (again).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SirDan3k posted:

No, Iron Man making a snap decision, deciding he's right, ignoring any contrary opinions, and acting on his snap decision to disasterous result is entirely in character.

It was still his fault.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
And the idea that Cyclops would go "Oh thank god, there are 6 more mutants than there were a year ago. Best to let nature take it's course, so that on my deathbed we may have as many as one thousand mutants!" is kind of weird.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

CapnAndy posted:

No, Iron Man making a snap decision, deciding he's right, ignoring any contrary opinions, and acting on his snap decision to disasterous result is entirely in character.

It was still his fault.

Well the alternative is the AvX What if? cannon. So Tony Stark great hero of AvX or greatest hero of AvX?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SirDan3k posted:

Well the alternative is the AvX What if? cannon. So Tony Stark great hero of AvX or greatest hero of AvX?

Yes. The only possible alternative is the What If? story. There are only two possibilities to any continuity turning point, the one we see, and the one in a What If?. Naturally.

(pssst that is sarcasm any time you have to say 'but a What If said' to prop up an argument it's a dumb argument)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yes. The only possible alternative is the What If? story. There are only two possibilities to any continuity turning point, the one we see, and the one in a What If?. Naturally.

(pssst that is sarcasm any time you have to say 'but a What If said' to prop up an argument it's a dumb argument)

So in a event the only possiblites are spiderman living or spiderman dying?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The What if..? in no way supports my argument that Cyclops was written out of character and Hope's storyline was scrapped to facilitate AvX happening. Or is this supposed to be about which character is right? Cyclops was right, he was written to be.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Something I found a little interesting in the July solicits

STORM #1
MARVEL COMICS
(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez
CLASSIFIED
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52338

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So reading Wolverine and the Xmen, the first run, and holy crap this is good. Though now I'm going to have to track down the Schism stuff so i know how Scott and Logans falling out happened.

I feel bad because the idea of Rogue teaching grammer and diction makes me laugh too much. Gambit teaching Sex Ed is kinda creepy though.

How is Uncanny X-force? I'm curious how Logans murder squad went. Also, The panels from when Deathlok sees Evan, those were reused in the current right, right?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought it was really good. I don't think people liked the UK Marvel arc but I love that poo poo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The UK arc had spotty storytelling mixed in with some of the worst art I've ever seen. You can't tell what's going on most of the time. Everything else in that run is pretty gold, though.

However, do not touch the follow up with Storm as the leader. It's atrocious. I really liked the other X-Force title, Cable and X-Force, but it's 90's as hell.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/25/d...eekly%2Flatest+(Entertainment+Weekly%3A++Today%27s+Latest)

Wolverine is gonna die, Soule is writing

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Oh hey I was just posting this. Kinda surprsied that it's Soule doing it. I guess maybe Cornell is finishing up with the book soon?

quote:

Marvel has been teasing a radical new development in Wolverine’s history with this summer’s story arc, “3 Months to Die,” which robs Wolverine of his healing factor, the mutant power that has kept him alive and kicking through decades of fatal injuries. Now, EW is excited to announce exclusively that “3 Months to Die” will culminate in a 4-part miniseries in September called, simply, Death of Wolverine. Written by Charles Soule and drawn by Steve McNiven, Death of Wolverine #1 hits on September 3 (that’s the cover image above.) The next three issues of the series will follow every week ensuing, climaxing with Death of Wolverine #4 on September 24.

Michael Marts, an executive editor at Marvel overseeing the project, explains that the idea to kill off one of the most iconic characters in comic books emerged out of Marvel’s semi-annual creative retreat, when Marvel writers and editors come together to discuss major projects. “For a long time, no matter who Wolverine was battling, he’s been the eternal victor,” says Marts. “He almost always comes out on top. Now he finally comes up against an adversary that he cannot win against, he cannot fight. What does that mean for this character who’s been around for hundred years?”

source

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yawn.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

"This is a definitive end for the character (Until 2016 when The Wolverine 2 comes out)"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I guess this will be the end of the two schools. I hope this means that Bendis does not get to write all the X-men books now. I like them, but I prefer Wolverine and the X-men already.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The correct thing for Marvel to do is start a recurring plot line of characters dying only to have their bodies taken over by Doc Ock.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

If they're going to use this to end the Schism, I'd much rather they kill off Cyclops.

What's going to happen to Wolverine's multiple ongoings, I wonder?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

How is Uncanny X-force? I'm curious how Logans murder squad went. Also, The panels from when Deathlok sees Evan, those were reused in the current right, right?

I'm surprised that no one told you to buy this comic right away. It's probably the best run of anything X-Men released recently. Just so long you go for the Remender run, not that 16-or-so issue series that just finished with a yawn.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

If they're going to use this to end the Schism, I'd much rather they kill off Cyclops.

What's going to happen to Wolverine's multiple ongoings, I wonder?

We will get a teen Wolverine, robot Wolverine, alien wolverine, and a real wolverine with a mullet and/or eye patch.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

bobkatt013 posted:

We will get a teen Wolverine, robot Wolverine, alien wolverine, and a real wolverine with a mullet and/or eye patch.

I legitimately hope this happens (well, minus real wolverine).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kaleidoscope posted:

I legitimately hope this happens (well, minus real wolverine).

No you don't, as they already pulled that joke in the awful Tieri Deadpool run.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Oh hey I was just posting this. Kinda surprsied that it's Soule doing it. I guess maybe Cornell is finishing up with the book soon?

Stop telling me it's raining Marvel I can see you pissing on my leg.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Stop telling me it's raining Marvel I can see you pissing on my leg.

Why? Cornell's run has been boring. You know that at the end their will be some twist that will bring him back. There is no way that Wolverine will be dead for longer than 6 months. It will be Fear Itself all over again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Why? Cornell's run has been boring. You know that at the end their will be some twist that will bring him back. There is no way that Wolverine will be dead for longer than 6 months. It will be Fear Itself all over again.

Will you eat the comic he returns in if it lasts longer than 6 months?

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Eh, Fear Itself wasn't hyped as the death of Thor & Bucky was it? I bet this will last at least as long as Cap's death did (or until the next Fox movie, whichever comes first). The bigger question is who's gonna be surrogate Wolverine?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kaleidoscope posted:

Eh, Fear Itself wasn't hyped as the death of Thor & Bucky was it? I bet this will last at least as long as Cap's death did (or until the next Fox movie, whichever comes first). The bigger question is who's gonna be surrogate Wolverine?

X-23. As for the eating of comic I will if Wolverine remains dead longer than 6 months. Oh I am going to regret this, aren't I?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

X-23. As for the eating of comic I will if Wolverine remains dead longer than 6 months. Oh I am going to regret this, aren't I?
Yeah, 6 months really isn't long enough because it could be dragged out a year or two like Cap/Peter Parker, but :toxx:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

I'd be more down with a Daken redemption story over X-23.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

coconono posted:

Wouldn't he have to come back to life too?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kaleidoscope posted:

Frank Castle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

That boat has sailed a long time ago. He already had his own title, and he will be back in the ground once the Uncanny Avengers storyline is over.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Bookwise it will no doubt be X-23 or someone like that taking over Wolverine spot for a while. Though I'd be alright without someone new running around in a Wolverine costume with fake claws.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine and the X-Men becomes Nightcrawler and the X-Men or just gets renamed to something similar.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Bookwise it will no doubt be X-23 or someone like that taking over Wolverine spot for a while. Though I'd be alright without someone new running around in a Wolverine costume with fake claws.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine and the X-Men becomes Nightcrawler and the X-Men or just gets renamed to something similar.

Isn't Amazing X-Men the Nightcrawler book so to speak? Not that he couldn't have two if Wolverine has like 10, but maybe it would be "Storm And The X-Men", since she's the headmaster. They've been building up her importance to the school, and the last issue had Wolverine begging her to save the school/kidpocalypse.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

IUG posted:

Isn't Amazing X-Men the Nightcrawler book so to speak? Not that he couldn't have two if Wolverine has like 10, but maybe it would be "Storm And The X-Men", since she's the headmaster. They've been building up her importance to the school, and the last issue had Wolverine begging her to save the school/kidpocalypse.

Amazing X-Men has 2 Nightcrawler arcs and then is going to go off and be its own thing again, I believe.

There is the actual Nightcrawl book by Claremont, too.

What's an X-Men title they haven't used in a while? Maybe WatXM will get the Young X-Men title.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

IUG posted:

Yeah I would have gone with Storm and the X-Men but I don't think that's a title Marvel would put out but Nightcrawler having a solo book, a team book and taking another would make him a perfect Wolverine replacement :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wolverine is going to die in that book, but still be alive in all the other books he's in.

And great, I'll grab uncanny x-force trades once next time I got some money. Maybe i should just get Marvel unlimited, all this stuffs on there,and its only what, $60 a year?

• Locked thread