Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It's insane that they're even getting another season.

That show has lower ratings than my computer monitor.

Makes me feel better about Hannibal's chances though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

It has good ratings for NBC.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

zoux posted:

Makes me feel better about Hannibal's chances though.

What are Hannibal's ratings like in comparison? (Phoneposting with slow-rear end internet or I'd look it up myself.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

What are Hannibal's ratings like in comparison? (Phoneposting with slow-rear end internet or I'd look it up myself.)

Last week was .9 in the demo. They do very well timeshifted and among "affluent" viewers though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I believe Parks and Rec has been getting about 1.0-1.2 (high I think is 1.4) because they've usually been just barely higher than Community's. Hannibal's been getting around 0.7-0.9, with 0.9 as the high.

I didn't look this up, it's probably total bullshit, so don't quote me on this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ravane posted:

Zoey 101.

:vince:

You have redeemed yourself in my eyes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I believe Parks and Rec has been getting about 1.0-1.2 (high I think is 1.4) because they've usually been just barely higher than Community's. Hannibal's been getting around 0.7-0.9, with 0.9 as the high.

I didn't look this up, it's probably total bullshit, so don't quote me on this.

That's about right. Pretty much it seems if you can pull around a 1.0 on NBC you're gravy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

That's about right. Pretty much it seems if you can pull around a 1.0 on NBC you're gravy.

On NBC its so bad that Community might be getting another season.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

On NBC its so bad that Community might be getting another season.

They were so confident of that fact that they based a two-part finale on it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Truly...truly outrageous.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Is that a live action MLP movie?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Is that a live action MLP movie?

I WISH

It's the Jem movie which just started shooting. I actually think it has a better chance of being good than like GI Joe or Transformers, if they do it right (they won't).

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

I actually think it has a better chance of being good than like GI Joe or Transformers, if they do it right (they won't).

Really setting that bar high there, aren't you?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Manos del Sino posted:

Really setting that bar high there, aren't you?

Well, since it is also a 80's half hour toy commercial, those are its peers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

zoux posted:

Truly...truly outrageous.

I love that they didn't even bother to update the 80s-as-gently caress names for a generation that has likely never even heard of Jem.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BTW this is my favorite 80's half hour toy commercial intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUe5Ugg6Iks

Yes yes I know everyone else's is Thundercats but that's too mainstream imo.

And this is my favorite one from the alternate universe where this show existed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

zoux posted:

BTW this is my favorite 80's half hour toy commercial intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUe5Ugg6Iks

Yes yes I know everyone else's is Thundercats but that's too mainstream imo.

And this is my favorite one from the alternate universe where this show existed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

That's actually pretty cool. Mine is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsOrCq811r8

It's the early 90's but still...

Edit: I would watch that second show simply to see that majestic stallian carved into the frakkin' moon in the intro every single time.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 25, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This blew my mind seeing it in theaters when I was 8.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1q9JPpNes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I thought GI Joe The Movie was direct to video thanks to the failure of Transformers The Movie.

Seriously though, if they made a 3-minute GI Joe live action movie that would just a live-action recreation of that intro, I would go see it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess it was. TVs were bigger to me then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Revolution worth checking out?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The first season was rough but the second season has been quite fun. I'd say yes if they get renewed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

GreenNight posted:

The first season was rough but the second season has been quite fun. I'd say yes if they get renewed.

"Owning a firearm is a hanging offense" haha, this is a weird rear end show.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Kurtofan posted:

"Owning a firearm is a hanging offense" haha, this is a weird rear end show.

Under a dictatorship, is that so farfetched?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ravane posted:

I agree, it's just that I'm not from America, so I thought it was pretty funny that one of the first sign of dictatorship they used was "No more guns!" :v:

I hadn't heard of this show before it aired today replacing Grimm but it's reasonably fun.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The first season is pretty boring and the finale is super dumb. The second season is great but I fell behind on it really early on.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm just glad there's Juliet and Gus.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

MrAristocrates posted:

The first season is pretty boring and the finale is super dumb. The second season is great but I fell behind on it really early on.

Season one really picks up around episode 10, in my opinion. And the finale was spectacular, albeit a bit rushed.

Kurtofan posted:

I agree, it's just that I'm not from America, so I thought it was pretty funny that one of the first sign of dictatorship they used was "No more guns!" :v:

Though America does have a strange love for guns, I'd say that any smart dictatorship would ban guns. Guns cannot easily be manufactured without electricity, and by banning all arms, you prevent or at least suppress uprisings. I imagine other countries would do the same thing, assuming they are also under dictatorships.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

THANKS OBAMA

Revolution is ok when it goes completely stupid, which is fairly often early on and then again toward the end of Season 1. I haven't gotten much into 2 yet, probably summer watch that.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Um, apparently Timothy Dalton is a regular on the upcoming Penny Dreadful? Now I'm REALLY psyched.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's on Showtime so it will probably be terrible after the first season. It has Eva Green though.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

DivisionPost posted:

Um, apparently Timothy Dalton is a regular on the upcoming Penny Dreadful? Now I'm REALLY psyched.

On the other hand, Josh Hartnett is the lead.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Aphrodite posted:

Aphrodite posted:

Consider this. Parks And Rec's episode last week was the WORST RATING an episode has gotten. EVER.
It's still been renewed.

NBC. Nothing's Being Cancelled.

EDIT: Just watched it. drat good finale. It works as a series finale, but we're getting another season- and it works for that too. The one part that kinda irked me was Not having Ann and Chris in the picture.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 26, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

I saw a trailer for it and they were really disingenuous about it being an "original" idea.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

muscles like this? posted:

I saw a trailer for it and they were really disingenuous about it being an "original" idea.

I didn't see that trailer. I just know that I dig John Logan's work, I like Eva Green, I like Timothy Dalton, and for some hosed-up reason I even kind of like Josh Hartnett (Bunraku was a big brash failure that I'm glad I saw anyway; on an unrelated note, why the hell can't I find the score for that movie? Terence Blanchard ripped that poo poo up). Anyway, if they're massaging the truth or even outright lying about it being an original idea, that's a shame, but it doesn't change the core promise of the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

It's on Showtime so it will probably be terrible after the first season. It has Eva Green though.

It will also run for at least 7 seasons. Each one getting exponentially worse.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Consider this. Parks And Rec's episode last week was the WORST RATING an episode has gotten. EVER.
It's still been renewed.

NBC. Nothing's Being Cancelled.

EDIT: Just watched it. drat good finale. It works as a series finale, but we're getting another season- and it works for that too. The one part that kinda irked me was Not having Ann and Chris in the picture.

Everything I'm reading today sounds like garbage and that they did nothing to unboring the season from where I stopped watching early this season. I loved the show before, someone please tell me it isn't as bad as it seems.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Parks and Recreation is still the best comedy on TV.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've had the Jem theme song stuck in my head all drat evening thanks to this thread.

I hate my sisters for singing that nonstop when we were kids, I hate the Hollywood producer who brought it back, and I hate this thread for informing me it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Parks and Recreation is still the best comedy on TV.
Only because Dads got canceled.

• Locked thread