Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ElephantCrave posted:

My scimitar is now down to 3 durability after going mad and killing skellies. I now change to a tiny shield every time I'm in a corridor instead of wielding 2 swords and jumping about like a maniac.

There's a ring a bit later that can severely decrease durability loss, so don't worry, eventually you will be a maniac once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
This thread moves too fast, so I'm going to ask anyways.

I have an off-brand PS3 controller. All of it's inputs are entirely off and only the left analog does the correct thing. Is there a way to fix this? What do I have to do to get this going? I've tried disabling other HID stuff but that didnt seem to work either :(

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Stringbean posted:

This thread moves too fast, so I'm going to ask anyways.

I have an off-brand PS3 controller. All of it's inputs are entirely off and only the left analog does the correct thing. Is there a way to fix this? What do I have to do to get this going? I've tried disabling other HID stuff but that didnt seem to work either :(

Maybe try a program like XPadder to emulate an xbox controller? Note this is different from XInput...though you could try XInput too.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Hey, couple of questions:

1. Is it still possible to drop items for others? I'd kill for an Old Whip

2. What is the earliest area that you can summon in? I'm trying to kill the Heide Knight in the FoFG but he kicks my rear end.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Annath posted:

What is the earliest area that you can summon in? I'm trying to kill the Heide Knight in the FoFG but he kicks my rear end.

You can summon in FOFG. For the Heide Knight try the first bonfire in the valley below him.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Man, I had a sign that was constantly being rated after I put it down. It was nice having a steady stream of healing. Suddenly it vanished, and the game got much quieter. I miss it.

Anyway, I fought The Dragonrider or whatever as the first boss. He was very easy, but it felt great to one shot him blind. Especially after how many times I died to the mace-wielding guardian before him.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.
Where should I head after killing The Last Giant? I seem to have checked every passage other than the mist door to The Pursuer, which is where I stopped playing the PS3 version ).

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
EDIT:

Doctor Albatross posted:

Where should I head after killing The Last Giant? I seem to have checked every passage (obviously, of course, I haven't).

You have 2 options, take the path from Majula toward Heide's Tower of Flame and push through there, or take the key that the boss gave you and unlock some doors. The door that leads to the next boss is located in that large outlook with the giant stone sword crashed into the castle.

Professor Wayne posted:

Man, I had a sign that was constantly being rated after I put it down. It was nice having a steady stream of healing. Suddenly it vanished, and the game got much quieter. I miss it.

I believe you're limited to 10 messages, so if you placed an 11th, your 1st will dissappear. If you want to keep those around you can hand-pick which messages to delete from the start menu.

The Crusher fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 25, 2014

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Good to know. I also believe adding "but hole" to the end of every message is important.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mazed posted:

NPC AI can occasionally break, but when it's good, it's really good. Normal jackoff enemies will chase you all over the drat castle before you can shake them off and it's wonderful.

yeah, I've been abusing the heck out of the AI to separate or re-arrange enemies. Some hollows go up/down ladders, others don't.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What armour would you guys recommend, except for the Havel set, if the image I want to get across is "OK don't worry I'm here and I will tank the ever loving poo poo out of everything for you"? Big, hulking armour that nonetheless provides comfort rather than intimidation. :3:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Doctor Albatross posted:

Where should I head after killing The Last Giant? I seem to have checked every passage (obviously, of course, I haven't).

From the Giant you received a key. The key opens doors in FOFG, but the one you may be most interested in is one you will find by running past the giant's elevator, to a hall of sunlight. :D

Alternately, there is another path out of Majula that you can reach without any special aid.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.

turtlecrunch posted:

From the Giant you received a key. The key opens doors in FOFG, but the one you may be most interested in is one you will find by running past the giant's elevator, to a hall of sunlight. :D

Alternately, there is another path out of Majula that you can reach without any special aid.

Ah! I opened every door with the key except the one directly down the ladder from the bonfire and to the right. I shall try this, thanks :)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

poptart_fairy posted:

What armour would you guys recommend, except for the Havel set, if the image I want to get across is "OK don't worry I'm here and I will tank the ever loving poo poo out of everything for you"? Big, hulking armour that nonetheless provides comfort rather than intimidation. :3:

dine on turtle soup.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Doctor Albatross posted:

Ah! I opened every door with the key except the one directly down the ladder from the bonfire and to the right. I shall try this, thanks :)

There is a friend waiting for you at the top. :shobon: Good job!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Wait, you get healed for putting down signs that get votes?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yep.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

poptart_fairy posted:

Steel set!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wheree do I find the orange soapstone? Or can I just leave messages without one?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Wheree do I find the orange soapstone? Or can I just leave messages without one?

Don't need one. Check your menu.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

You just use the messages option in the menus.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Seeing the images of the PC version makes me wish my computer wasn't broken and crappy. My TV makes everything look like blurry garbage.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Press start, one of the menu options handles writing messages, checking past messages read, and checking the messages you've left. leaving and rating messages is very easy in this game now.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pomp posted:

You just use the messages option in the menus.

Ok, thank you.

Also as much as I loved "hurrah for skeleton" I think that seeing "weakness: huge but hole" near the place where you join the hardmode covenant was funnier.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My character seems to constantly be blocking regardless of input. I'm using an Xbox controller, this happening to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

My top rated message is advice on killing a group of enemies, my second-most is giving directions, and my third is calling Targray a pointless but hole. The constant healing is pretty nice - it might be a good idea to put a stupidly incongruous joke message in a highly frequented area in hopes it gets voted up massively. No harm :v:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

My character seems to constantly be blocking regardless of input. I'm using an Xbox controller, this happening to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it?

I had this problem the first time I launched the game, quitting to the main menu and starting again fixed it for me. :iiam:

I'm using a Dualshock 4, not 360 controller btw.

Jato fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 25, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

AtrociousToaster posted:

I had this problem the first time I launched the game, quitting to the main menu and starting again fixed it for me. :iiam:

This did the trick, thanks buddo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Soks posted:

Has anyone figured out how to toggle between "interact" options with KB/M? I fixed my control scheme almost entirely with AutoHotKey, but this last thing I can't do. I can't light a torch because I can't toggle at the bonfire.

For me, that (yellow 'Y') button was the same as I used to 2H a weapon. But there are two actions I have bound to that key, the 2H command and then in a different menu keybind the 'Function 2' key. It's really annoying that the various in-game menus still show hardcoded controller buttons and I hope someone compiles a list of what corresponds to what.

turtlecrunch posted:

Mouse input like...you're not playing with a controller? :stare:

This _is_ the PC thread. Some of us don't use a controller for anything more than launching netflix. I was really looking forward to the supposedly improved keyboard and mouse controls in DkS2. Please don't contribute to the 'get a controller' meme in this thread. :smith:

Party Plane Jones posted:

That's awesome, straight up heals? Gotta try that. Gotta white phantom more too to get my humanity back.

Regarding guard break and jumping attacks using keyboard and mouse: I rebound my mouse attacks to switch the left and right buttons. I have not one single time been able to do a guard break or jumping attack using a keyboard and mouse (mechanical keyboard: Ducky Shine 3, Windows 8 default input rates, Logitech G400S mouse). This is trying to do, for example, forward + light mainhand attack in quick succession or simultaneously on mouse and keyboard. However, I _have_ been able to do both a guard break attack and jumping attack, somewhat reliably, using just the keys. Very rapid tap-tap of forward+light attack, for example, to do guard break. So I know it can be done. Anyone figure out how to reliably do it with mouse click attacking, though?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 25, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Oh man I'm helping people with the Pursuer and it's great.

I wonder if people realize that all those nasty names they gave themselves are getting censored though. Tried to help one gentleman by the name of Mother****er who promptly fell off the wall, 4 seconds into the fight. :allears:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

pmchem posted:

This _is_ the PC thread. Some of us don't use a controller for anything more than launching netflix. I was really looking forward to the supposedly improved keyboard and mouse controls in DkS2. Please don't contribute to the 'get a controller' meme in this thread. :smith:

Get a controller.

Just had a weird experience, I got summoned by some dude and there's another white phantom there, the white phantom goes into The Pursuer's fog gate BEFORE the host and starts fighting him, I couldn't go through the fog gate, and the host is just standing there doing nothing. Weirdest thing of all, the separation crystal wouldn't work, it was just greyed out.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

pmchem posted:

Regarding guard break and jumping attacks using keyboard and mouse: I rebound my mouse attacks to switch the left and right buttons. I have not one single time been able to do a guard break or jumping attack using a keyboard and mouse (mechanical keyboard: Ducky Shine 3, Windows 8 default input rates, Logitech G400S mouse). This is trying to do, for example, forward + light mainhand attack in quick succession or simultaneously on mouse and keyboard. However, I _have_ been able to do both a guard break attack and jumping attack, somewhat reliably, using just the keys. Very rapid tap-tap of forward+light attack, for example, to do guard break. So I know it can be done. Anyone figure out how to reliably do it with mouse click attacking, though?

Only times I've been able to do guard breaks and jump attacks with the mouse have been completely on accident. Whenever I try to actually do them, it's impossible.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Professor Wayne posted:

Good to know. I also believe adding "but hole" to the end of every message is important.

try man but hole

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pmchem posted:

It's not a "meme", it's the best decision you could ever make. The game was made for a controller.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Barfing Cumlord posted:

It's not a "meme", it's the best decision you could ever make. The game was made for a controller.

"Specifically designed for" is probably even more accurate but yeah this PC gamer "I won't use a controller!" attitude is pretty loving stupid.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
I checked 3-4 pages back. Is summoning working pretty good in DS2 on PC? I assume it should be -- is it working as well as it was on the PS3? No horrible summoning failed over and over like DS1 on PC?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Certain games just DO NOT work with a keyboard and mouse. It's a good purchase and opens up a lot more for your system.

WIRED: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWLA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398437060&sr=8-2&keywords=360+wired+pc

WIRELESS: (adapter) http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...360+wireless+pc
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...360+wireless+pc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

My boy's armor set's back in? Hell yes! Where can I get it? Is the black iron set still around?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally I'm one of the ones struck by the startup crash. I've tried about 20 different fixes on random forums with no luck. Seems to do with having a DVI connection. Really really sucks, I've spent hours trying to fix this. That's what I get for pre-ordering I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

gently caress man, I wasn't planning on buying a controller just for one game. Seriously what the gently caress, how hard would it of been to map out decent keyboard/mouse controls?