Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

raingwc posted:

Per Dana's twitter:
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/459457156467929089

"Cowboy texts me sayn he landed in Baltimore, heard Ellenburgers guy fell, wants the fight & will start cutn weight now! Lol luv that kid"

I would believe this even if it wasn't true. gently caress it, let Cowboy fight ten times a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: Sorry Ken doll it was me.

:mad:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I would believe this even if it wasn't true. gently caress it, let Cowboy fight ten times a year.

10 years later, he'll be broke, drooling and yelling at empty bottles. I see nothing wrong with this.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

coconono posted:

10 years later, he'll be broke, drooling and yelling at empty bottles. I see nothing wrong with this.

Like he wasn't destined for this anyway.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Count Roland posted:

Yes. It was a terrible move in a terrible fight.

Actually, that reminds me why I only became a fan of Werdum this past weekend. He's been in a couple really terrible fights, and this was the one that really made me dislike him.

I never thought i'd ever like him again after that Overeem fight, but i guess becoming a better fighter helps sway the feels.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Big Queefy posted:

I never thought i'd ever like him again after that Overeem fight, but i guess becoming a better fighter helps sway the feels.
If you mean the Overeem rematch, Werdum didn't do all that bad all things considered. he tried to lure Overeem into his guard 20 times too many and should have abandoned that goofiness after the first round, but he was landing some good body shots/knees on Reem and made him the most winded man in history after the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjILDMGhI&t=526s

red19fire
May 26, 2010

1st AD posted:

Arlovski would get knocked out less if he didn't run straight backwards with both arms out whenever someone pressures him while moving forward.

I've always believed that Arlovski has that same must-win-in-first-two-minutes gas tank as Vitor, but his tank empties self-confidence rather than cardio.

He's all over the early UFC highlight reels, he was terrifying in his prime.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Actually, that reminds me why I only became a fan of Werdum this past weekend. He's been in a couple really terrible fights, and this was the one that really made me dislike him.

His previous two fights were both really cool as well.

Edit: When I posted this I hadn't realized he fought between the Nelson and Nog fights. I was looking at his record and apparently he stopped Mike Russow in the 1st.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 25, 2014

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sprecherscrow posted:

His previous two fights were both really cool as well.

I recall his fight with Bigfoot being good but can't remember anything about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Queefy posted:

I sort of became a fan of his during that fight. The first round made me laugh more than any fight in MMA history. The Fedor triangle was one thing, but the way he charged in, threw wild strikes and then tried to pull guard was great. The rest of the fight not so much.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Reverse lay and pray is a fantastic technique

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Nathaniel Diaz's next fight will be against a treadmill, apparently

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I recall his fight with Bigfoot being good but can't remember anything about it.
Bigfoot knocked him down and was fairly close to a finish in Round 1, but Werdum weathered it and took Rds 2 and 3 pretty convincingly. I remember it being a really good fight too.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Arlovski vs Schaub set for UFC 174

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I thought Schaub was scheduled to lose to Hunt?

edit: lmao

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 25, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Rogan's podcast is usually ok to good when MMA fighters/personalities are on, but the Schaub ep is unbearable and I bailed out early. I went into it thinking "he's a dingus but maybe he'll say some interesting/cool stuff and I'll change my tune a bit". Now I dislike him more than ever. That stupid voice too.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Seltzer posted:

Rogan's podcast is usually ok to good when MMA fighters/personalities are on, but the Schaub ep is unbearable and I bailed out early. I went into it thinking "he's a dingus but maybe he'll say some interesting/cool stuff and I'll change my tune a bit". Now I dislike him more than ever. That stupid voice too.

I listened to the entire thing and he becomes more insufferable as it goes on.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Skip that and instead watch the one where Eddie Bravo breaks down his match with R. Gracie. It's really loving cool.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Skip that and instead watch the one where Eddie Bravo breaks down his match with R. Gracie. It's really loving cool.

I watched that after Metamoris and it was indeed cool. I listen to basically every MMA episode and skip everything else. Someone had a good list of Rogan eps in one of these threads awhile back. They're hit or miss but Schaub was the worst MMA episode I can remember and I didn't even finish it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Don't get confused by that appearance and look for previous Bravo guest spots because he probably believes every conspiracy theory known to mankind.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Eddie Bravo talking about jiu-jitsu is great, him talking about chemtrails is awful. Even Joe laughs at him over the conspiracies he believes in.

I did like when he was talking about DJing at a strip club way back in the day and playing White Snake song after White Snake song.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The only interesting part of the Schaub episode was that apparently during TUF 10 one of the contestants got super drunk and super racist and started spouting off white power/heil hitler type poo poo and they didn't show it. They don't say who it was but looking over the cast list my guess is it was Mike Wessel

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I watched that after Metamoris and it was indeed cool. I listen to basically every MMA episode and skip everything else. Someone had a good list of Rogan eps in one of these threads awhile back. They're hit or miss but Schaub was the worst MMA episode I can remember and I didn't even finish it.

Schaub interviews are great, because he honestly believes he's going to get a title shot any day now while objective reality completely disagrees. Abu-Schaubi being a good fighter is less believable than a fake moon landing.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Seltzer posted:

Schaub also has his own podcast ("The Fighter and the The Kid"), and it's unbearable. He's a remarkably charmless man, but adding on his cohost makes it somethings special in terms of being unappealing. Bryan Callen has played a douche on every show he's ever been on and there's a reason for that.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Seltzer posted:

I actually went into it thinking PSP makes Schaub seem like a dumbass but I really don't see much of him so I'll give it a whirl. Surely he isn't half the dingus he's made out to be. Christ almighty. Wrong. There were cool tidbits like the TUF chat but come on. 3 hours and I was interested for maybe 15 minutes total.

Grifter posted:

Schaub also has his own podcast ("The Fighter and the The Kid"), and it's unbearable. He's a remarkably charmless man, but adding on his cohost makes it somethings special in terms of being unappealing. Bryan Callen has played a douche on every show he's ever been on and there's a reason for that.

Callen and Rogan have good chemistry but I can't listen to Callens podcast either for this reason.

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 26, 2014

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Count Roland posted:

Wasnt he training exceptionally hard for ADCC which was coming up very soon at the time and at the time his primary focus so he was going out of his way to not throw punches in hopes of making sure he didnt break his hands?

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
as far as i'm concerned the sole purpose of arlovski's entire career was to produce this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g97OM4l8dg&t=867s

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

fatherdog posted:

Fun Fact: Andrei has 32 mma fights to Overeems 51, but has been KOed 10 times to Overeem's 8.

Agreed, they should fight.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Literally the only thing interesting about Brendan Shchaub is that he is doing Ronda Rousey.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Wasnt he training exceptionally hard for ADCC which was coming up very soon at the time and at the time his primary focus so he was going out of his way to not throw punches in hopes of making sure he didnt break his hands?

No way in hell

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

No way in hell

I'm not entirely certain I buy this, and it's certainly the first I've heard of it, but the timeline does match up. Arlovski/Werdum was late April 2007, and Werdum competed in the 2007 ADCC in early may iirc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Meat Recital posted:

Literally the only thing interesting about Brendan Shchaub is that he is doing Ronda Rousey.

Hey be nice, there's also the Rothwell KO.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
‘Minotauro’ Nogueira to undergo knee surgery, plans to fight again in the UFC

Oh, good, cause that's promising.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Donald Cerrone School of Retirement Savings

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm watching a WEC collection thing on fightpass and in one of them Cerrone drops Rob McCollough on his rear end with that same jab he nailed Barboza with. Crazy.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

fatherdog posted:

I'm not entirely certain I buy this, and it's certainly the first I've heard of it, but the timeline does match up. Arlovski/Werdum was late April 2007, and Werdum competed in the 2007 ADCC in early may iirc

I 100% remember reading something about how his performance in that fight was impacted by the fact he wanted to do his absolute best at ADCC. Maybe it wasn't not throwing punches, maybe he is just Brazillian, but it was A Thing That Happened.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Does Werdum make a lot of excuses?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
holy poo poo, enough! this joke almost isn't funny anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

TheRationalRedditor posted:

holy poo poo, enough! this joke almost isn't funny anymore!

Seriously. Is he too broken to grapple in like.... Metamoris? I would watch the poo poo out of that.

• Locked thread