Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

That pretty much just happened to me. I thought once you killed the stalker you had to piss him off again before he came after you again, killed him a mission ago then moments later while doing that alert for the orokin catalyst blueprint that I just noticed, he shows up and wrecks my face.

Orokin Catalyst alert btw, not much time left.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I can't wait for Eclipse to roll out 30k battlepay and take over the entire star map because no one else can possibly fund that kind of battle pay.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I really think the original intention of the alerts system was so that all threads, across the internet, periodically bump themselves, keeping Warframe near the top of every forum. It's kind of genius.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

I don't let my sentinels fire weapons. They are loose cannons and need to be reigned in.

Yeh if they step out of line one more time and cause an incident like the last one I'm going to have to ask them to hand in their firearmm and badge.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Cainer posted:

That pretty much just happened to me. I thought once you killed the stalker you had to piss him off again before he came after you again, killed him a mission ago then moments later while doing that alert for the orokin catalyst blueprint that I just noticed, he shows up and wrecks my face.

Orokin Catalyst alert btw, not much time left.

Well poo poo gently caress, missed that orokin.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

I can't wait for Eclipse to roll out 30k battlepay and take over the entire star map because no one else can possibly fund that kind of battle pay.

Doubt it, it was bleeding us dry. Plus the attempt to set certain high-traffic nodes to 75% (member) tax proved rather unpopular. :ssh:

(By which I mean I complained loudly upon looking at deathsnacks because the leadership ain't telling us jack.)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 25, 2014

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Well poo poo gently caress, missed that orokin.

There might be another 24-hour Catalyst in several hours.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

Doubt it, it was bleeding us dry. Plus the attempt to set certain high-traffic nodes to 75% (member) tax proved rather unpopular. :ssh:

You have 3 full revenue days now instead of 1("armistice" plus deployment time), no one else is meaningfully taxing significant nodes like Seimeni, and rails have 1/10th the health they did previously. The only thing keeping you from rolling over the rest of the star chart is the first-to-click contestation.

It's not like the credits in your alliance wallet are actually useful for anything besides battle-pay. If you manage to get through and actually contest Akkad and Sechura, you will win just by offering superior battle pay, and because pubbies won't be able to get away from being taxed your revenue will explode.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

I love cats posted:

For anyone curious about Amprex, this review confirms this weapon sort of lightning Ignis with bad ammo efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PquKvewvqso
Yeah, but what's teh gay factor? Ah yes, here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urA0MoKPuug

P.S. Cat penis

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just a reminder, there will be another dev livestream today at 2pm EDT/11am PDT, with the customary 24-hour potato alert to follow.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Greetings!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Is this from a trailer or is someone importing models into an animation program?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zgrowler2 posted:

Is this from a trailer or is someone importing models into an animation program?

People have been using Source Film Maker to do warframe stuff.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It feels like the stalker pops out of nowhere to bitchslap you, until you happen to be there when you or someone else has a good weapon and he just shows up then dies without doing anything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The buffs to stalker did basically nothing to make him survive longer than a millisecond in the situations where he was weakest (in a group of 4 players waiting to spawnkill him) and then just made him more obnoxious in the situations where he was already the most powerful (ganking you when you're solo/using low level equipment). I think the invader idea still needs a rework.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

You have 3 full revenue days now instead of 1("armistice" plus deployment time), no one else is meaningfully taxing significant nodes like Seimeni, and rails have 1/10th the health they did previously. The only thing keeping you from rolling over the rest of the star chart is the first-to-click contestation.

It's not like the credits in your alliance wallet are actually useful for anything besides battle-pay. If you manage to get through and actually contest Akkad and Sechura, you will win just by offering superior battle pay, and because pubbies won't be able to get away from being taxed your revenue will explode.

Point there. I s'pose it's in a wait-and-see situation right now. I'd forgotten to account wednesday's changes.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

zgrowler2 posted:

It's someone importing the models into Source Filmmaker.

(FYI, be careful about doing a reverse image search from work; the guy who created this gif also does a ton of R34 Warframe content.)

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Improbable Lobster posted:

People have been using Source Film Maker to do warframe stuff.

ullerrm posted:

It's someone importing the models into Source Filmmaker.

(FYI, be careful about doing a reverse image search from work; the guy who created this gif also does a ton of R34 Warframe content.)

Thanks guys! And yeah, I generally assume based on secondhand DC chat that Warframe fan media is 0 to 1 steps away from R34 at all times. No reverse GIS for me.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

ullerrm posted:

Other examples of "just plain poo poo": Ceramic Dagger

Was just wondering what was it about the Ceramic Dagger that makes it terrible. Compared to the other daggers (Heat Dagger, Dark Dagger) it seems to be the only one that has a fast enough attack speed to make any of the stances actually worthwhile. It does have less damage, but I think the combo potential makes up for it. Or is it not the Ceramic Dagger that is being singled out, but rather a lot of melee weapons due to the existence of things like the Dragon Nikana/Jat Kittag/etc that clearly outclass them by far?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

FutureCop posted:

Was just wondering what was it about the Ceramic Dagger that makes it terrible. Compared to the other daggers (Heat Dagger, Dark Dagger) it seems to be the only one that has a fast enough attack speed to make any of the stances actually worthwhile. It does have less damage, but I think the combo potential makes up for it. Or is it not the Ceramic Dagger that is being singled out, but rather a lot of melee weapons due to the existence of things like the Dragon Nikana/Jat Kittag/etc that clearly outclass them by far?

Daggers are bad at killing dudes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The buffs to stalker did basically nothing to make him survive longer than a millisecond in the situations where he was weakest (in a group of 4 players waiting to spawnkill him) and then just made him more obnoxious in the situations where he was already the most powerful (ganking you when you're solo/using low level equipment). I think the invader idea still needs a rework.

The dummy player frames in the rail wars are a decent starting point, and if they ever implement something like clan wars it would be neat to see enemy clan frames pop into missions randomly. Maybe make them less dangerous than the stalker but more resilient or something.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

The dummy player frames in the rail wars are a decent starting point, and if they ever implement something like clan wars it would be neat to see enemy clan frames pop into missions randomly. Maybe make them less dangerous than the stalker but more resilient or something.

Yeah I was thinking it'd be cool if they had player frames come attack you. Hard to balance but cool.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Summary of the livestream
    Update through 13.0.7.1 on PS4 is coming soon (going to cert on Monday/Tuesday)
    PS4 exclusive color picker
    PS4 app update
    remote play bindings customizable
    more optimizations
    Migration tied up in red tape
    Going to be doing a lot more work on Dark Sectors
    more options for tacticians, more destabilization options
    Able to craft your own specter for solar rail defenses
    Rescue revamp into stealth-based mission coming
    adding leaders/"wardens" to rescue location that can execute prisoner if the alarm goes off
    Will have to run low level/rescue missions to get parts for specters
    Going to take another look at new user experience
    Concept art for Tenno ship

Concept for ice planet/Corpus ship graveyard set

Destroyed Corpus ship interior

Inside player ship - engine room

Everyone will get their own player ship that flies you to/from missions
    player ship cockpit

Transportation costs will tie in with factions, can customize/upgrade ship
    End mission screen is getting overhaul, will be able to check the previous missions results afterwards
    Next tileset is infested
    J3 golem revamp is being worked on, will be staged boss
    New enemy types being worked on
    Alliance badges being added
    Might be able to fight PvP in contested sectors at some point
    Design your own solar rail defenses
    Fight alongside Alad V or alongside a dozen moas!
    Mod card symbols correspond to ancient Tenno orders
    Steve has terrible opinions about RNG gating/solar rails
    Going to update stances with more combos (glaive, scythe, staff getting an additional combos)
    Adding another katana stance, used two handed with wider swings
    Kubrow about 90% content complete
    Enemy version of Kubrow - come in groups, will even attack grineer

Friendly Kubrow

Kubrow will take up same slot as sentinel
    Kubrow coming in Update 14
    Going to fix the bait-and-switch battlepay
    Valkyr being worked on - will have new combos, multifinishers, unique movement set
    Auction house possible
    "Void [drop tables] is in the best place it has been in a long time"
    Steve has dumb opinions about "prime tokens"\
    Going to be looking at warframes and buffing/nerfing
    Might be adding multicast
    Going to be working on rebalancing weapons (sniper rifles)
    Going to have dark energy color support (black energy!)
    Separate binds for quick melee and equipped melee
    Going to improve PS4 load times
    Autoroll getting removed
    Clan downsizing not in queue
    Want to get events in tandem with PC/PS4

Piell fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 26, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Piell posted:

Valkyr being worked on - will have new combos, multifinishers, unique movement set

:getin:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Warframe's Facebook account is talking about "Player Ships" being mentioned in the devstream. Is this some hub thing with no real relevance to gameplay or does it look like it's useful in some way?

oh hey, livestream notes - d'oh (thanks Piell!)

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 25, 2014

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Piell posted:

Autoroll getting removed
Oh sweet jesus finally

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

zgrowler2 posted:

Is this some hub thing with no real relevance to gameplay or does it look like it's useful in some way?

Yes. No. It's just padding and a credit sink. They want to add travel time to get to places.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Denzine posted:

They want to add travel time to get to places.

If it's anything more than like ten seconds they're making a huge loving mistake.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Denzine posted:

Yes. No. It's just padding and a credit sink. They want to add travel time to get to places.

||: gently caress that :||

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Denzine posted:

:doh: god loving drat it

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't forget they're also going through with their idea to have someone execute the rescue target if an alarm goes off. :eng99:

So basically you'll have to stumble through stealth or just be one of those frames that can obliterate everything in its path before the enemies can blink.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Who looked at the dumbest mission type in the game and thought "how could we possibly make this any dumber" because goddamn that person did a good job.

If they actually go through with that I guess it will turn rescue into mandatory "be Loki and run to end" solo runs.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What are these "prime tokens" that Steve had dumb opinions about?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Those crashed Corpus ships look like this very, very familiar ship wreckage from a bit of a distance:

quote:

Might be adding multicast
What does this mean? IP multicasting? :shrug:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Rescues already have those bullshit Bombard ambushes behind panel doors. Let's make it worse!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

necrobobsledder posted:

Those crashed Corpus ships look like this very, very familiar ship wreckage from a bit of a distance:

What does this mean? IP multicasting? :shrug:

Casting multiple powers at once maybe?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Multicast means casting a power multiple times before the first cast's animation is done. Spammability. They mentioned Hydroid specifically.

They can't possibly do that to Hydroid. All I'd do is cast Barrage a billion times on every approach, or summon thousands of tentacles to completely block every hallway forever.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

hooah posted:

What are these "prime tokens" that Steve had dumb opinions about?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If he means a WoW-style item that can be turned in for different pieces I'm totally down for that. I'd love to not have three ember helmets and instead have a loving systems!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

WeaponBoy posted:

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If he means a WoW-style item that can be turned in for different pieces I'm totally down for that. I'd love to not have three ember helmets and instead have a loving systems!

There was a question about adding "prime tokens" to Void Keys that you would spend on whatever specific item you wanted instead of giving out random prime parts, Steve says this will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The best part is that, considering that you can give the hostage your weapon and revive him if he goes down, rescue was starting to get bearable and we can't have that!!