Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New pvp event is Dr. Doom which is cool cause I actually have some covers on him. But not levels :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
There's a yellow lazy Thor cover that might be up for grabs for someone with decent points in the GBW tournament. Post if you're interested and I'll be sure to let you know what the situation is as it develops.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss! Finally got my drat 5th Blue OBW cover. gently caress you forever, enemy countdown tiles.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of good drops, I am in a pickle:

I've got these and a Purple Spidey and only one slot. I could kick off X-Force Wolverine since I only have 1 of him and he's really useless plus there was a Wolvy tournament just recently. So, in the end, who do I choose? Should I maybe get Punisher and hope to get 300HP through events by 5 days?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

X-Force is useless but if you have any one-stars at all I would drop those (except maybe Storm), since you can get thousands of one-star covers very easily.

EDIT: Climbed back up to top 5 in Grey Widow, but wondering if I should shield now or wait and see where I end up in an hour and throw on the 8 hour shield then.

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 25, 2014

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There's a yellow lazy Thor cover that might be up for grabs for someone with decent points in the GBW tournament. Post if you're interested and I'll be sure to let you know what the situation is as it develops.

Shielded with bit over 600 points. Gonna get some shut-eye soon, but I'll check the thread before the event ends.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn this Black Widow round is crazy. Let her build up too many greens and you are toast, taking all those healing tokens with her.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I hit a wall in the GSBW thing, all 3 available fights are 141 whale teams and skips are now costing iso. Am I better off just losing a battle or should I wait to possibly be attacked so I can retaliate?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Syrinxx posted:

I hit a wall in the GSBW thing, all 3 available fights are 141 whale teams and skips are now costing iso. Am I better off just losing a battle or should I wait to possibly be attacked so I can retaliate?

Just pay the cost to skip if you're in that bad a situation, you can play a game in the prologue for 20 ISO and make enough to skip twice.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Goddamn this Black Widow round is crazy. Let her build up too many greens and you are toast, taking all those healing tokens with her.

I'm finding my maxed Bullseye to be very useful this event.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Syrinxx posted:

Just skip until you find something. You'll break even/come out ahead if you win the fight and 10 iso is really not that much of a deterrent. Hell I pay to skip anything that's not fightable OR worth less than 20 points.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

HGH posted:

Speaking of good drops, I am in a pickle:

I've got these and a Purple Spidey and only one slot. I could kick off X-Force Wolverine since I only have 1 of him and he's really useless plus there was a Wolvy tournament just recently. So, in the end, who do I choose? Should I maybe get Punisher and hope to get 300HP through events by 5 days?

If you are in an Alliance, absolutely recruit Punisher and wait the next couple of days. Between GSBW and the Hunt finishing up, you'll almost certainly get the 300 HP that you need to recruit both.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
We have two openings in GoonStyle.

One for a consistent player who has 450+ in the current GBW tournament and one for a regular player who has 1200 HP to open a new slot.

Post or PM me about which one you're interested in with your username so I know who to approve and why.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrowningHarvey posted:

Shielded with bit over 600 points. Gonna get some shut-eye soon, but I'll check the thread before the event ends.

Looks like that spot won't be open this time after all, sorry.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Pizza Dog also has a slot open, preferably for a regular player. 20 slot alliance, and while we haven't been hitting cover rewards lately one or two more active players could change that.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Sefer posted:

Pizza Dog also has a slot open, preferably for a regular player. 20 slot alliance, and while we haven't been hitting cover rewards lately one or two more active players could change that.

Yeah we are frustratingly close.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I blame everyone but myself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sefer posted:

If I weren't already in Goonstyle...
(God, I have no loyalty to anybody :()

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
The leaderboards in the Hunt PvE rounds right now are pure, unadulterated garbage. At this point I'm playing the first couple of fights to get the special cover matches open and then waiting until the drat thing has ~30 minutes left to grind those to put me in the top 300ish. Bleh.

And I'm still hovering around #50 and waiting on a blue Falcon cover.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

One for a consistent player who has 450+ in the current GBW tournament and one for a regular player who has 1200 HP to open a new slot.

Post or PM me about which one you're interested in with your username so I know who to approve and why.

If you make me a commander I'll buy the 1200 slot since I still need to buy one. Geneguard in game.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Fyrbrand posted:

If you make me a commander I'll buy the 1200 slot since I still need to buy one. Geneguard in game.
I promoted you so you should be able to buy the slot now. Also, thanks! Hope we can get to 20 members

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

I promoted you so you should be able to buy the slot now. Also, thanks! Hope we can get to 20 members

Done, we now have 3 open spots.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

I blame everyone but myself.
There's just too loving much going on in the game at the moment for any person who's not spending three hours a day on the game.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone else tanking their MMR for a month in the long PVP event? Sent a team of 15's out and hoping come the crunch I can rubberband my way to mega tokens. If I tank my MMR in that does it affect all of the events or just that one? Or am I an idiot and wasting my time?

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Metal Bawkses has 2 slots open (9/11). If you'd like to join, please post your MPQ name in the thread.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yay, I finally have a Lazy Thor.
Now if only The Hunt wasn't loving impossible to participate in due to all the Deadly-level fights...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually got a Lazy Thor from the PvE Token.

... Not the event token itself. I got a Heroic Token from the Alliance Rewards and that gave me a Lazy Thor, after the Grey Widow PvP ended but before the rewards were handed out.

Also gently caress this event so much, I'd have to bust out Spidey to be able to remain in top 100 but Spidey is so loving boring. gently caress your scaling, D3.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Anyone here with the username 4eveRwithYou? Just tried to join Pizza Dog?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm interested, if there's still a slot available. I'm somewhat new, but very active. I have 400 in the DD tournament right now and 70k in the hunt. username is (I think) Nefarious71

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Nefarious posted:

I'm interested, if there's still a slot available. I'm somewhat new, but very active. I have 400 in the DD tournament right now and 70k in the hunt. username is (I think) Nefarious71

Cool, I approved you.

That makes GoonStyle 11/13

We have one open slot for a consistent player and a slot for decent player who can pay 1400 for the next slot.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, I'd heard Modern Storm was good on Desert levels, but she's broken. With a bit of luck five Red AP can just straight up win the fight. And Doom actually really helps with Technopathic Strike. Add in OBW or Daken and it's just silly. Add a couple of red AP stockpile boosts and it's just one red match and then you can blow the board up until everything is downed. :getin:

I guess maybe they think it's balanced because that sort of a team is worthless on defence?

Was pretty easy to get to 300 in the Doom event, token was Blue Doom, bringing him to 2/3, so that was nice as well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She's not really that bad on defense either. I had a lovely start against her, Daken, and Doctor Doom on Desert and I barely made it out alive. She's half as good on Forest, and virtually worthless on every other map though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hey so if I ritualistically sacrifice my weaker 1 and 2 star characters to PVE, will that scale down the difficulty and enemy levels? Or does that only work on PVP?

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Pizza dog let's go. We need one more active member. I think we are out of it regardless for purple falcon though. Frustrating.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.

JBones posted:

Pizza dog let's go. We need one more active member. I think we are out of it regardless for purple falcon though. Frustrating.

I just checked in-game and you guys are still at 19/20 - I'm looking to move out of a dying public alliance if you'd take me. Generally get top 25 PVP when they end at midnight, top 50 for noon ends, and I'll have about 65-70k for Hunt.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Goldom posted:

I just checked in-game and you guys are still at 19/20 - I'm looking to move out of a dying public alliance if you'd take me. Generally get top 25 PVP when they end at midnight, top 50 for noon ends, and I'll have about 65-70k for Hunt.

Good enough for me, though I'm having a hell of a time figuring out where to accept a pending member (there's someone in chat asking that we "accert me pls" so I think there should be someone pending) so you may need to wait until someone who knows where that is to show up.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Ok, thanks. I've hit "Join" and am pending now. I would think it'd be on the page where you can see other people's rosters after clicking their name, but who knows.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Laffo all that effort and Pizza Dog is at #190, up from #201. :allears:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well. On one hand, I got a 4-star out of the 100-coin lotto!

...On the other it's Invisible Woman with her Blue attack. I've gotten through the main quests in Juggernaut and Venom, so uh... how many weeks will it take before I see a single upgrade for her? For that matter, is it even worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ChibiSoma posted:

Well. On one hand, I got a 4-star out of the 100-coin lotto!

...On the other it's Invisible Woman with her Blue attack. I've gotten through the main quests in Juggernaut and Venom, so uh... how many weeks will it take before I see a single upgrade for her? For that matter, is it even worth it?

Never. And...no, not really. Given that both she and x-force suck.

Basically, the 4-stars are all terrible and awful and you'll never get 13 covers and you'll never get enough iso to max them anyway.

Unless you are willing to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on this game.

(caveat: I still have my one cover of x-force and one cover of invisible woman chilling around. They're very occasionally needed for some require-this-hero things)