Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Who were the 4 guys who went to Vince? I assume Cena and Batista, as they both worked Kennedy a decent amount. Shawn and Undertaker for the other two?

I remember HHH being one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Who were the 4 guys who went to Vince? I assume Cena and Batista, as they both worked Kennedy a decent amount. Shawn and Undertaker for the other two?

The fourth who was "on his way" almost certainly had to be Punk.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

I remember HHH being one.

I feel like Shawn had to be one considering how easy it was to tell he hated working with Kennedy.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Must have been Shawn. Kennedy is the reason for his wonky eyes.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

DannoMack posted:

Has anyone ever said who it was who made up "compromised to a permanent end" about Osama bin Laden?

This reminds me of how The Rock was the first person to tweet about Bin Laden's death, like hours before anyone else. I assume he never discussed this because it would mean ratting out his high-level sources (Obama).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rock is probably on Seal Team Six tbh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Rock is probably on Seal Team Six tbh

GI Joe is based on Rock's real exploits.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The Rock does all the stunts in the Fast and Furious films.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

WeaponX posted:

Mr. Anderson is pretty universally hated around here now but what was the opinion of Mr. Kennedy during his WWE push pre and post injuring people consistently.

Mr. Anderson was really good in his first six months in TNA after about a month. Peaking when the rear end in a top hat gimmick got hot....but then it got hot and it got bad.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXI5r_rAtg

I remember parts of this speech with music mixed in from a couple of years ago but can't find it for the life of me, just wondering if anyone else out there could hit me up with a link.

"Wake up sleeping beauties!"

"As you sit on the edge of your bed... slumped, chest caved in[]!"

"Have the courage to say I disagree!"

Stick out as the memorable quotes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Tone down the intensity, we don't want you to have a heart attack!"

Oof

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Why are the NWA titles still valued in Japan?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 25, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

they're not really aware of how much they've been devalued elsewhere.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Why are the NWA titles still valued in Japan?

Lou Thesz was incredibly important in the development of pro wrestling in Japan and the NWA champion would be used in Japan throughout the hot years of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. I guess it'd be kind of like if the WWE went bankrupt and the WWE title was purchased by New Japan. It'd probably mean a little something if the Winged Eagle belt were defended in some show in the US 30 years from now.

Cardboard Box posted:

they're not really aware of how much they've been devalued elsewhere.

They have as good of an idea as anyone, it's been defended by nobodies in Japanese indies in recent years.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Supreme Allah posted:

This reminds me of how The Rock was the first person to tweet about Bin Laden's death, like hours before anyone else. I assume he never discussed this because it would mean ratting out his high-level sources (Obama).

A cousin of his is a Navy intel officer who works with some pretty heavy commands

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Booblord Zagats posted:

A cousin of his is a Navy intel officer who works with some pretty heavy commands

America's enemies are going to get headbutt so bad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jscolon2.0 posted:

America's enemies are going to get headbutt so bad.

As long as they don't try to headbutt back, that never ends well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

So what are all the totally not racist wrestling stereotypes. You can't headbutt a Samoan, what else?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

So what are all the totally not racist wrestling stereotypes. You can't headbutt a Samoan, what else?

Cold War gimmicks are eternal.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Supreme Allah posted:

I remember this. What happened that day was the White House said that in the coming hours Obama was to make an announcement and all the media could say was it was MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR from their sources. There were rumors as to what it could have been but the biggest one, and the only one that could warrant that kind of attention was Osama bin Laden was killed.

I think The Rock was smart enough, and bold enough, to think "no way its anything else" and tweeted the announcement. I don't think he's in tight with Obama or anything, just that shortly before Obama's announcement everyone online was talking about Osama being dead like it was already confirmed. He was just the first celebrity to tweet it.

Edit: Well, that's what I get for recalling everything from memory instead of actually looking up the fact The Rock said something before the media started reporting it.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 26, 2014

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

All Latinoes are either fiery Latin lovers, luchadors, or gang members.

Or Mexicools.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MisterGBH posted:

Must have been Shawn. Kennedy is the reason for his wonky eyes.

Kane actually gave Shawn the wonky eye - he told Bret about it in the extras of their face-to-face DVD

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Black people just can't stop dancing.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

How did it happen?
How does one get wonky eyes

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

rotinaj posted:

All Latinoes are either fiery Latin lovers, luchadors, or gang members.

Or Mexicools.

And they all have that MACHISMO!

omgomgomg posted:

How did it happen?

I would like to know this also.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 26, 2014

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Japanese wrestlers can't grasp English.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

Japanese wrestlers can't grasp English.

Choppy choppy your pee pee is English

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
All black people dance.

If we're extending "racist" to cover nationalities:

All Irish people LOVE TA FIGHT and are usually mythical creatures.

All English people are literal royalty.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

omgomgomg posted:

How did it happen?

apparently it was during a match with kane (unforgiven 2004?) shortly after his return. no details on exactly what happened, just something about a bad back bump. prolly in combination with muscle damage from chairshots and selling like a madman for many years.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Blonde Australian women love to dance or may be Nazis. Italians are also goofy.

Fijians love to jump and all live in the forest.

All Arabs are Muslim (And consequently may be terrorists even if they say they aren't), and all Iranians are Arabic.

Bulgarians are actually Russian.

Indians also love to dance, whether in a band or out of one.

Tazmanians are maniacs?

The Swiss sure do like to yodel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Africa is a savage land full of spear-chucking tribesmen and big game hunters (except South Africa, which has mercenaries).

Kofi's seriously lucky they tried to make him Jamaican at first. Have they ever done an Egyptian pharaoh gimmick? I'd be surprised if nobody ever did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Africa is a savage land full of spear-chucking tribesmen and big game hunters (except South Africa, which has mercenaries).

Kofi's seriously lucky they tried to make him Jamaican at first. Have they ever done an Egyptian pharaoh gimmick? I'd be surprised if nobody ever did.

Not that I remember in WWE although SMW had Prince Kharis the wrestling mummy. The main investor really liked mummies and demanded one be a character.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Justin Godscock posted:

I remember this. What happened that day was the White House said that in the coming hours Obama was to make an announcement and all the media could say was it was MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR from their sources. There were rumors as to what it could have been but the biggest one, and the only one that could warrant that kind of attention was Osama bin Laden was killed.

I think The Rock was smart enough, and bold enough, to think "no way its anything else" and tweeted the announcement. I don't think he's in tight with Obama or anything, just that shortly before Obama's announcement everyone online was talking about Osama being dead like it was already confirmed. He was just the first celebrity to tweet it.

Rock tweeted like an hour before any of that. He literally made the first public mention of any big news.

Edit: oh yeah no you're making poo poo up he didn't say anything about it being Osama he just said BIG GOOD NEWS USA before the White House or media or anyone

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 26, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

sticklefifer posted:

Have they ever done an Egyptian pharaoh gimmick? I'd be surprised if nobody ever did.

Half of Chikara had this gimmick.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

No one that comes to mind in the major promotions, but there is Amasis in the indies.

He's one of the Osirian Portal guys and there's a good chance you've already seen that one hypnosis video from CZW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQFkSFDpn8

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Who gets a better salary: a top nxt wrestler or a Main a Event jobber?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

omgomgomg posted:

Who gets a better salary: a top nxt wrestler or a Main a Event jobber?

Unless the NXT wrestler is on a special contract, the Main Event jobber.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Tying into that, who's had the longest and / or most lucrative career purely as a jobber?

I always found it interesting that there were people who had wrestling careers knowing that they'd never get over and would be nothing more than the doormat for whomever came along at the moment.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

Tying into that, who's had the longest and / or most lucrative career purely as a jobber?

I always found it interesting that there were people who had wrestling careers knowing that they'd never get over and would be nothing more than the doormat for whomever came along at the moment.

Brooklyn Brawler's been working for Vince for 30 years. He got some comedy pushes once in a while though.

Did Paul Heyman know Raven was going to crucify Sandman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ghostpilot posted:

Spike Dudley maybe? I think he was a Tag Champ and a Cruiser Champ but never did anything all that significant for more than a month or so at a time that I can remember. He mainly got his rear end kicked to prove how much heart he had and how vile the bad guys were.