Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Even better is Johhny sincerely complementing it, and Josuke still gets mad.

Johnny Joestar is one of the extremely few regularly sarcastic characters in Japanese fiction.

Going back and reading all of his support for Gyro's antics is funnier when you realize that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Chibs posted:

Remember DIO? He's back! In raptor form. Maybe next time...

Not including Diego Brando and alternate universe Diego Brando are the game's two biggest flaws, really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alternate Universe Diego is in the conclusion of Part 7's story. He's voiced by Koyasu too, although I hope that doesn't end up being the case should they ever do a Part 7 anime.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Alternate Universe Diego is in the conclusion of Part 7's story. He's voiced by Koyasu too, although I hope that doesn't end up being the case should they ever do a Part 7 anime.

Diego is the only character in SBR that's exactly the same as his namesake. Having him voiced by anyone else just wouldn't make sense.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
AU Diego it makes sense for because he's basically Dio, Diego himself actually is a different character altogether and goes through character development to be something of a completely different character from Dio. So him having a different voice makes sense since that fits the difference in character and sets them apart from each other further.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Johnny Joestar is one of the extremely few regularly sarcastic characters in Japanese fiction.

Going back and reading all of his support for Gyro's antics is funnier when you realize that.

That was one thing I was always confused about in the manga; whether the joke was he was being sarcastic, or he's genuine and really likes Gyro's stupid crap. I kinda assumed the latter, since sarcasm really isn't much of a thing in Japanese, but that does add a layer to it.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

AU Diego it makes sense for because he's basically Dio, Diego himself actually is a different character altogether and goes through character development to be something of a completely different character from Dio. So him having a different voice makes sense since that fits the difference in character and sets them apart from each other further.

Even if his personality is different isn't he physically and genetically the same person? Shouldn't the voice be the same?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isn't Johnathan "Johnny" Joestar basically the same character as Johnathan Joestar?

Diego may look like Dio, but he's not exactly Dio until Diego Brando From Another Universe.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's an alternate universe where the Johnny has blonde hair, I can accept Diego having a different voice.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Diego is the only character in SBR that's exactly the same as his namesake. Having him voiced by anyone else just wouldn't make sense.

Does he have a move where he blocks an attack by covering himself with fangirls tho. It's the only thing I want out of this game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Jojolion

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yotsuyu is a pillar man.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm kinda starting to lose my patience with Jojolion. It's moving waaaay too slow and it just keeps piling on new questions without answering any old ones. We've been fighting this drat guy since November.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm kinda starting to lose my patience with Jojolion. It's moving waaaay too slow and it just keeps piling on new questions without answering any old ones. We've been fighting this drat guy since November.

Yotsuyu is Madara.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Weren't they fighting President Valentine for like 2 years at the end of Steel Ball Run?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That was the final battle, and a lot of interesting stuff was happening. This, not so much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I haven't really been feeling Jojolion, it 'a probably because it just started while I came into SBR halfway through, the pacing of SBR felt tighter and interesting stuff would be happening even in random stand fights. As nice as some of the fights have been there still hasn't been much in the way of answers and even what answers we do get just bring up more and more questions. If anything at least the stands have been fun for the most part and the art is still super good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

These 「pesticides 」 ......

I think Yotsuyu's power is pretty hilarious but this arc definitely needs to end pronto. Weekly Jojo must have been the poo poo.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Yeah, JoJolion is the first part I'm reading in 「real time」 and this pacing is agony. I think I'll just start rereading SBR.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I have the feeling jojolion will be loving fantastic to read through all at once, but waiting for each chapter is just maddening. We did maybe get a few interesting bits of info from this chapter, though. Was it just me, or did Gappy's 「killer eyes」 only appear in the left-side of his eyes? We know Johnny turned to stone to protect his child, I'm wondering if Gappy is actually Johnny's petrified remains + Kira? Also, was that Holly Joestar in the flashback?

e: Also hoping for ASB 2 to see Gappy be able to trap others in his bubbles, along with whatever other crazy powers he develops.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 25, 2014

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Yeah but do you really think the final boss stand is going to be named The Fool?

Can't wait till they find out what the final arcana stand is :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

Can't wait till they find out what the final arcana stand is :allears:

When does the world get name dropped anyways

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

After Iggy shows up.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea when Iggy shows up the rest of the tarot has been exhausted by then.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CodfishCartographer posted:

I have the feeling jojolion will be loving fantastic to read through all at once, but waiting for each chapter is just maddening.

As someone who recently finished reading Jojolion, I can second this.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

As someone who recently finished reading Jojolion, I can second this.

Oh did the arc finish?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jojolion is probably not even at the halfway point yet.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Jojolion is probably not even at the halfway point yet.

Considering we're at chapter 31, and SBR ran around 90 chapters I think - we're about a third of the way through. For reference, around chapter 30 of Steel Ball Run is when Johnny first gets Tusk and we find out about Diegosaurus Rex.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is like the first major antagonist Jojolion has right now, I'll be surprised if we're even 1/3 of the way through. I don't think Araki would bring us to Morioh a second time and only show us the coast, hospital, and one house. I really liked Shakedown St. and would like to see more stuff similar to that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The reveal of Yotsuyu's stand name made me laugh. It's so obvious!

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Considering we're at chapter 31, and SBR ran around 90 chapters I think - we're about a third of the way through. For reference, around chapter 30 of Steel Ball Run is when Johnny first gets Tusk and we find out about Diegosaurus Rex.

SBR was 95 chapters, however SBR chapters were incredibly long form compared to Jojolion, around twice the length of the average Jojolion chapter. Jojolion is pretty clearly just getting to around a fourth of the way through.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Forgot about the world - still though, it's the last Arcana before Araki switches over to Egyptian gods.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ah yes, Cream, my favourite egyptian god

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

Ah yes, Cream, my favourite egyptian god

Everyone forgets Tenore Sax. :colbert:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

WickedHate posted:

Everyone forgets Tenore Sax. :colbert:

"This man is Kenny G. His Stand is a Stand of illusions. He was beaten without a fight." :iceburn:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIvA2wSPZc

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1KrThuJ2s

Pomp fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 26, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That's about as much animation part 1 had. :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The reveal of Yotsuyu's stand name made me laugh. It's so obvious!

Wait is his Stand really I am a Rock I am an Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait is his Stand really I am a Rock I am an Island.

I know I am a Rock is an actual song, is the second half a reference to another one?

• Locked thread