Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Sorry, shade that I tipped into lava by mistake! I didn't know you were on the platform!

I'm gonna stick with this character through at least one playthrough, but then I'm thinking themed builds. Penetrator? Biorr of the Twin Fangs? Ganondorf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

Sorry, shade that I tipped into lava by mistake! I didn't know you were on the platform!

I'm gonna stick with this character through at least one playthrough, but then I'm thinking themed builds. Penetrator? Biorr of the Twin Fangs? Ganondorf?

crossbow joffrey

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Yeah, I downloaded that now, and it still isnt fixing this problem :argh:

Follow the instructions and when you use the SCPserver, select to hide the controler.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

For those of you using x360ce unsuccessfully to make your pads work...

Open x360ce.gdb (provided you placed it under %ProgramData%), and add this:

[DarkSoulsII.exe]
Name = Dark Souls II
HookMask = 0x00000002

That or edit your x360ce.ini to have Hookmask 0x00000002.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Rat King knows whats up, these fools just walking right in these acid traps don't deserve to be down here.

Having a lot of fun so far! Just got some pyromancy finally, also helping people out with bosses has been real fun. The only two invaders I've seen have been while I was summoned myself, too. Are invaders more likely to invade co-op'd people, is that why I never see them by myself?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

RBA Starblade posted:

I did it! I found the immortal shadow dwarves!

e: Wow Belfry Luna is short.

There's two belfries. And the dwarves definitely are not immortal. :getin: Make sure you got the Bastille Key, it will help with the boss in Sinner's Rise.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

is there any reason I should keep the sleepin white knight under the tree alive

Not really, unless you want to save him for later for some reason. He can be respawned with an ascetic anyway.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 26, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why exactly do the enemies in my world get to roam about while I'm in another person's? Two enemies spawned directly on me and exploded repeatedly.

Also, guard break doesn't do a drat thing online.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Man From, look at all that geometry errors! Are you even trying?

Area spoilers A floating chest?!

Another area spoiler And this monster being halfway stuck in the ground!

Also this game is pretty fun. The mace you can buy at the blacksmithing wrecks poo poo.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
It's super rude to just randomly go AFK after summoning someone! Did you know you can, over a long period of time, if you move from the right direction at the right camera angle, reposition people who are standing still?

VikDaDik just learned that.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Maxmaps posted:

It's super rude to just randomly go AFK after summoning someone! Did you know you can, over a long period of time, if you move from the right direction at the right camera angle, reposition people who are standing still?

nice

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So we can't trade items, can we? Because the char creation thing is juuuusssst long enough to make remaking characters for an old whip a huge pain.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Maxmaps posted:

Oh wow, I had no idea the game actually censored names - I was wondering why so many people had asterisks in their names. Is there any way to disable that?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just started and i hosed up.

I killed some individuals in the Forest: I was pissed that i had to spend 1k souls for the blacksmith's keys so i killed the old hag, now i feel bad because she didn't even fought back. Was she useful?

I also killed the dude with the big shield and spear down there near the locked gate.
I was being helped by a jolly cooper named Master Swagger, whose name and amazing casting capacity made me appreciate jolly coop immensely and again, i feel like he was more important than a dude chilling around doing nothing.

I've also found quite a weapon :stare: There's a cave where some sort of dragon is spitting fireballs that if you rush through you can find a sweet fire sword

Also, the starting healing items seem clearly like the best starting items for a newbie. It pretty much triples your healing capacity. Pretty great for people starving for healing.

Also, the mini-Artorias dude is kicking my rear end, he attacks so fast and never flinches. Not to talk about the Air dropped steel knight who terrified my pubbie rear end

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Dezztroy posted:

AppData/Roaming/DarkSoulsII

Saves can only be used with the Steam account they were created with.

Thanks I dunno if Steam cloud saves do versioning but I'm always paranoid with Dark Souls one auto save of it becoming corrupted or something.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Annath posted:

So we can't trade items, can we? Because the char creation thing is juuuusssst long enough to make remaking characters for an old whip a huge pain.

You can trade with someone as long as you can summon them or they summon you I think. I've never done it, but I know people in the console thread have.

You will also have the option to respec eventually if that's your problem.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Kimmalah posted:

You can trade with someone as long as you can summon them or they summon you I think. I've never done it, but I know people in the console thread have. Or do you mean like exchange with NPCs for other stuff?

I mean, if someone has an Old Whip and a generous heart, can they give it to me if I summon them?

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Thanks! It took me about a solid 5 minutes of pushing. So satisfying when he finally fell.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
TURTLE SLAM

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
Pubbies are just absolute morons. I swear, at least 10-15 different times today, I've been summoned for the Chariot fight, we've gotten to the lever, and I've made it insanely obvious what they need to do, spinning in circles in front of it and gesturing wildly while the host just sits there like an idiot and gets us both killed. How hard is it to notice the enormous gate that was prominently featured in the intro cutscene along with its strategically well-lit lever that clearly closes it, ALSO featured VERY prominently in the cutscene? :argh:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Annath posted:

I mean, if someone has an Old Whip and a generous heart, can they give it to me if I summon them?

As as I know, yes. But I've never tried it myself. I think most people expect something in exchange though. :v:

You can also get the whip with smooth & silky stone roulette.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Mans posted:

Just started and i hosed up.

I killed some individuals in the Forest: I was pissed that i had to spend 1k souls for the blacksmith's keys so i killed the old hag, now i feel bad because she didn't even fought back. Was she useful?

Just a little bit.

A tad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The gargoyles are significantly harder when there's four of them. :stare:

e: Wow, everyone sucks at dodging Great Soul Arrow.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 26, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Gamerofthegame posted:

Just a little bit.

A tad.

:laffo: Will she still trade if you resurrect her? Though if he thought 1000 souls was bad...

RBA Starblade posted:

The gargoyles are significantly harder when there's four of them. :stare:

They're weak to lightning. Not that it will be a cakewalk even with that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How do you dual-wield?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hahaha, oh god, I just fought the skeleton summoners. So glad I summoned a yellow sunbro dude.

Thought progression during that fight:
"Oh hey, it's three relatively tall dudes coming at me. Oh well they don't seem too tough."

"Huh, they summon little dudes, that's troublesome.

"Oh, killing the little dudes actually decreases the boss health! Nice! I'll kill more since we're down to one summoner."

"Wait, ARE THOSE BONEWHEELS!? loving gently caress gently caress!"

...managed on my first try :smug: (gently caress I never want to do that boss solo).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

StashAugustine posted:

How do you dual-wield?

Hold a weapon in each hand.

If you mean power stance, you need similar class weapons in each hand, and to have 150% of the STR/DEX stat requirements for both weapons. Then just hold Y until you change to a different stance.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm gonna start my stream of my DS2 playthrough http://www.twitch.tv/masterofmediocrity/

Not the bestest of quality but I'm doing what I can. :angel:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just started the game up on my other computer, and I don't have an option to continue. Does this game not have steam cloud support, or am i just not getting the sync?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hm, don't think I'm beating the belfry, though I'm kicking rear end in pvp. I'll just move on to the rest of the Bastille and come back later.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
How do you summon people for the Gargoyle fight? If you put the sign outside, the fog gate activates, and if you take one step inside Belfry, you get auto raped....

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
It took 18 ascetics but I finally did it.

The mad goat warrior :getin:

(by comparison, I got this on PS3 in one kill in NG from merciless Roenna without even realising how rare it is)

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Starting deprived as your first playthrough? Bad idea.

Picking the petrified something instead of an actual useful early game item? Bad idea.

Breaking the only weapon you can use before you even unlock the blacksmith? Someone please kill me IRL this is the worst feeling ever.

I'm literally trying to punch my way around with 50% health. :negative:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

TheNightReaver posted:

How do you summon people for the Gargoyle fight? If you put the sign outside, the fog gate activates, and if you take one step inside Belfry, you get auto raped....

Step into the Belfry you pussy :colbert:
More or less the bridge into the belfry is where you can put the summon sign.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

So the consensus is that this really needs a controller to play properly?

Guess I should grab a controller at some point for my PC anyway, so which is better in general (not just for this game)? 360 or PS4?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

megalodong posted:

So the consensus is that this really needs a controller to play properly?

Guess I should grab a controller at some point for my PC anyway, so which is better in general (not just for this game)? 360 or PS4?

DS4 Ergonomics all day long! It's so satisfying to use! If I just bought a DS4 and no PS4 to just play PC games, I'd be satisfied.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do I unpetrify npcs? One's in front of a bonfire.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Ugh, PVP woes. Tried my hand at invading today and got a mage type guy who just would not take any damage, even when getting knocked the gently caress to the ground by a great club 2-handed hit. The fight probably lasted 3 minutes because we were circling around each other trying to get hits. He blew through his spells pretty early on and then proceeded to throw ~60 of those magic urn grenades at me, before eventually getting a hit on me with one after I ran out of stamina to roll.

Also the lag in invasions and belltower stuff is insane. I've had several losses where I'll be standing over them after knocking them down and they stab me while on the ground. Hope that gets fixed because in the ones that turned out to be decent fights I've had a lot of fun.

RBA Starblade posted:

Fragrant Branch of Yore. You can get one right after Lost Sinner at the end of Bastille.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
EDIT: doublepost

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

RBA Starblade posted:

You need an item. Fragrant Branch of Yore.You can get it by beating a nearby boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RBA Starblade posted:

You need a Fragrant Branch of Yore - just keep playing, you'll get one in a bit and can come back.