Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That episode was great ya big group of silly idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

leidend posted:

To be fair to c-list celebrities, Letters to Cleo seems like a band that Ben really would want to perform at the concert.

But I had never heard of Land Ho or any of their songs.

What makes the Unity Concert so great is that all of the bands already had a connection to the show, so the cameos all did make sense.

Ben had a Letters to Cleo shirt on in an episode a long time ago, Ginuwine was mentioned as Donna's cousin before, and Yo La Tengo (playing Bobby Knight Ranger) had Amy Poehler on an album cover in 2000.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Have-It-All/dp/B00004UCG7

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What was The Decemberists' connection?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

What was The Decemberists' connection?

They're just Mike Schur's favourite band, apparently.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A A 2 3 5 8 K posted:

It's never been stated, but it seems like some people here have their finger on the pulse of the canon so let's just listen to them.

Racist stereotype? Uhh, Jar Jar is an alien you guys, so until George Lucas literally tells us otherwise I don't know what you're all complaining about. Now if you'll excuse me, Dumbo is on and I'd hate to miss those wacky crows.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

E the Shaggy posted:

Wow, that was actually a pretty perfect series finale and its not even the series finale!

While I enjoy the show and its characters, I wish they decided to go out on a high note.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

How was that not the finale?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The man has good taste.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oh I assumed it was one of April's sad sack bands she loved like Neutral Milk Hotel :)

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

LividLiquid posted:

No. It really wouldn't matter if they suddenly said, "Oh. PS. He's straight," because the implication would 100% be that he's in the closet.
Not necessarily. I mean, yeah, a throwaway, "I have go to call my girlfriend ... my girlfriend who lives in Canada!" wouldn't cut it, obviously. But an episode playing on those assumptions could be funny. They haven't said he's gay - he just shouts with a weird intonation and likes entertainment traditionally marketed to women and gay men - if they played on the fact that those were the ONLY indicators his coworkers used to determine he's gay, that could make for a good episode. I could see Craig losing his poo poo over it - "So just because I like girls, IT MEANS I CAN'T BE PASSIONATE?! I AM FLAMING WITH INDIGNATION RIGHT NOW!"

The downside of that, however, would be that Parks & Rec's actual LGBT representation dips back down again to April's boyfriends and the patrons of The Bulge.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It always felt like a weird thing to exclude when they have so much else.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
As a resident of Indiana, I always just chalked it up to the setting.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I like Craig.

There goes my pro-Gay Rights cred, I guess? I don't know.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I just hope we get the answer as to why Andy's arm was in a sling in the time jump.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Davros1 posted:

I just hope we get the answer as to why Andy's arm was in a sling in the time jump.

A month that Andy Dwyer doesn't seriously injure himself is probably a rare month.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Davros1 posted:

He got caught up in one of the periodic skirmishes that break out between Hillary's jackbooted government thugs and the ragtag freedom fighters of the Tea Party Defense Force.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Davros1 posted:

You should see the other guy, Ronan the Accuser.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010
Schur directed their video for Calamity Song a few years ago.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
holy poo poo its so good reading you people talking poo poo about the show after the final ep, talking about all the little meaningless things that "make the show suck". Pride is dangerous kids don't let it get the best of you :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Muslim Wookie posted:

holy poo poo its so good reading you people talking poo poo about the show after the final ep, talking about all the little meaningless things that "make the show suck". Pride is dangerous kids don't let it get the best of you :)
"Pride goes before the fall." -- Devout Christian Ron Swanson, Season 8.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It was a Tuesday.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I had my doubts that the show could handle the triplets storyline well and they actually did it perfectly by not handling it at all. Really excited for next season now, really hoping they don't botch it they way Archer is fumbling with Archer: Vice.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Red Queen posted:

I had my doubts that the show could handle the triplets storyline well and they actually did it perfectly by not handling it at all. Really excited for next season now, really hoping they don't botch it they way Archer is fumbling with Archer: Vice.

You aren't allowed to have doubts, didn't you hear.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
This one should create less of a tizzy than the last A.V. Club post. I don't think I've seen it posted yet:

http://www.avclub.com/article/paul-schneider-may-brendana-quit-acting-definitely-203760

Calling someone a "straight shooter" is a nice euphemism for "rear end in a top hat," which is how he comes across.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I have a problem with Craig: I like him too much.

It's INCURABLE

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I genuinely didn't think Craig was supposed to be gay

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Hat Thoughts posted:

Well at the very least you're picking a pretty good show to use as your first ever television exposure.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hat Thoughts posted:

It also never never occurred to me either until I read it on this forum.

I recently realized that in my old age, I am growing weary of cynicism. I think that is a big part of why I like this show. The universe keeps creating new faux-cynical people with the same old gripes and it grows tiresome.... but in this show even the cynicalist character, April, who hates Ann because she used to date her husband, still closes her sick burns to Ann with "I love you."

That's nice.

People should be nicer to each other.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is anyone else kinda disappointed that Ron is the sort of guy who tucks a T-shirt into jeans?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

GigaPeon posted:

Is anyone else kinda disappointed that Ron is the sort of guy who tucks a T-shirt into jeans?

Which Ron are you taking about? :v:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

Do you want to get sucked into a lathe?!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Pawnee City Hall looks like it's in such a nice area and it's all sunny. The one here is in a dump and there's a minefield of human feces.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

OmegaBR posted:

we even found out Jerry had a perfect family.

And a HUGE penis.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Davros1 posted:

Thanos bite.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

The Pawnee City Hall looks like it's in such a nice area and it's all sunny. The one here is in a dump and there's a minefield of human feces.

It helps when it's in Pasadena.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Sammus posted:

And a HUGE penis.

No wonder he's always falling over.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mu Zeta posted:

I have seen some crappy ones, and some nice ones. The nice ones are either affluent cities obviously, or smallish cities in the north where they are usually historic buildings that have a team dedicated to preserving them. Then there is this city hall:

That is the city hall for Opa Locka, a "suburb" of Miami.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So all through the season finale, I was questioning its direction. The end credits scene... I like it. Takes the show in a completely new direction while skipping over a bunch of the other potentially boring stuff along the way.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

They should bring on Armando Iannucci and take the final season in a much more hosed up direction. I'm imagining Chris Traeger delivering a Malcolm Tucker rant with just a terrifying smile the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mu Zeta posted:

A local city hall is on every tv show except this one. Usually with LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT or something on the screen.

• Locked thread