Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
What you're going to need to do is return to duty earlier than expected and have yourself an MVP year against all odds. Also, break a few tackles in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
lmao oh no i'm getting medboarded out what a waste

-literally no one ever

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Boon posted:

What you're going to need to do is return to duty earlier than expected and have yourself an MVP year against all odds. Also, break a few tackles in the process.

I like your idea best.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

krispykremessuck posted:

lmao oh no i'm getting medboarded out what a waste

-literally no one ever

My wife is terrified of changes. She has this complex that this will mean the death of us all.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

vulturesrow posted:

I seriously doubt you are going to get med boarded out for an ACL. And it's been a while since I read the MILPERSMAN articles, but I don't think your command has any say in whether or not you go to a med board. But if you do, I wouldn't worry. I know plenty of guys with way worse things than a torn ACL who stay in.

I was actually informed by the doctor that the command is responsible for requesting a medboard. Should be expected that nobody knows what the hell is going on...

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I was actually informed by the doctor that the command is responsible for requesting a medboard. Should be expected that nobody knows what the hell is going on...

Do yourself a favor and spend some time with the MILPERSMAN and find out for sure. Either way, the command doesn't make the final decision.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm sure the eng screening for XO probably felt differently.

That being said, it's kind of an open secret that the first ORSE a new captain gets will be a ballbuster, while his last one will be a pushover. Disregard that the captain himself is almost completely uninvolved with any part of the inspection. It's that same "push the evals so we can show continuous improvement" mentality reaching at least to the O-6 level.

Oh my god precom life will suck if this is true, since I'm first of class precom!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ryand-Smith posted:

Oh my god precom life will suck if this is true, since I'm first of class precom!

I thought you got out years ago, why are you still smashing your face against brick walls?

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

orange juche posted:

I thought you got out years ago, why are you still smashing your face against brick walls?

Out? The poor kid is only half way done. Nigga has 3 years left in the joint.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

I've never been involved in the LIMDU process, but MILPERSMAN 1306-1200 says you can only be placed on LIMDU following action by a medical board. Referral to a medical board is part of the process no matter what, not necessarily the first step in out-processing.

EDIT: This page, and the other LIMDU stuff there on the sidebar, would probably be worth your time to read: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/LIMDU/Pages/CommandResposiblites.aspx

Octopode fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 26, 2014

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

When people talk about getting medboarded out they're referring to a Physical Evaluation Board. Going limdu technically involves a "medboard" but it's just a form that your doctor fills out that gets your duty status changed.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

I hate the military's limited duty system.

Busted my knee this month with an ACL tear (playing DODGE BALL for command PT no less), and now I'm out for six-to-nine months? Then they're going to medboard me?

9 years of service threatened by an injury I could nary avoid. poo poo.

Your knee is never going to be the same after that injury. If you manage to stay in, like many people I know that had the same injury, you will keep tearing it and go through countless surgeries and be miserable.

Take the medboard and run. Enjoy your GI Bill.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Sarah posted:

Your knee is never going to be the same after that injury...

...Take the medboard and run....

Running won't get me far with these crutches!

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Octopode posted:

I've never been involved in the LIMDU process, but MILPERSMAN 1306-1200 says you can only be placed on LIMDU following action by a medical board. Referral to a medical board is part of the process no matter what, not necessarily the first step in out-processing.

EDIT: This page, and the other LIMDU stuff there on the sidebar, would probably be worth your time to read: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/LIMDU/Pages/CommandResposiblites.aspx

Thanks. The wife had a lot of questions I didn't have immediate answers for. We will have to see what happens in the next few months. .

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Thanks. The wife had a lot of questions I didn't have immediate answers for. We will have to see what happens in the next few months. .

tell her the answer may involve her getting a job while you figure out your life

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

He's been in for almost 10 years so she must have at least 4-5 kids to take care of. 2 are his.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

krispykremessuck posted:

tell her the answer may involve her getting a job while you figure out your life

alternatively, divorce her rear end while you have no money to your name.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Welp, just flew to Fallon and had sushi at the one Chinese restaurant in town. Here's hoping all the alcohol killed any potential pathogens.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Hey, what's better than an air force officer? And air force officer that brings you tappist ale because they appreciate the work you do. Holy poo poo I joined the wrong branch.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

bengy81 posted:

alternatively, divorce her rear end while you have no money to your name.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Only takes one working ACL to kick her to the curb

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Welp, just flew to Fallon and had sushi at the one Chinese restaurant in town. Here's hoping all the alcohol killed any potential pathogens.

Ordering seafood is always a good plan in the middle of the desert.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sir Lucius posted:

Hey, what's better than an air force officer? And air force officer that brings you tappist ale because they appreciate the work you do. Holy poo poo I joined the wrong branch.

Go read the air force thread and think about what you're saying.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I look forward to hearing about this Mast case.

7th Fleet guys, sound familiar?

http://www.reddit.com/r/navy/comments/240r1a/follow_up_now_ive_done_it_confronted_the_dept/

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

krispykremessuck posted:

She has a masters in RF engineering. She made more money on day one than I make with 9 years at E-6. It's just a russian mentality -- when you grow up with your world collapsing around you and you just don't understand why, you grow a(n) (un)healthy fear of Murphey's Law.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

LordNad posted:

Ordering seafood is always a good plan in the middle of the desert.

Try the fresh oysters, too.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

poopkitty posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/navy/comments/240r1a/follow_up_now_ive_done_it_confronted_the_dept/

My GOD. There are ways and means to salvage this, but jesus titty-loving christ is that bad ju-ju. Why why why

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Holy poo poo what an idiot. Of course it's a loving CT.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm glad that "texting my DH" isn't something I ever considered when drinking. Or sober, for that matter.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I think more drunk texting of DH's should be done and posted for my amusement. Hell, he should go to the XO to try and apologize. Maybe write him a note and fold it into a triangle.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

I think more drunk texting of DH's should be done and posted for my amusement. Hell, he should go to the XO to try and apologize. Maybe write him a note and fold it into a triangle.

Flip it like a football at the XO's forehead after walking into the XO's office unannounced for good measure.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm high as poo poo and have no idea which thread is the army thread but I know this isn't this so hi guys I'm claiming this as my safe space for a little bit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cole posted:

I'm high as poo poo and have no idea which thread is the army thread but I know this isn't this so hi guys I'm claiming this as my safe space for a little bit.

Whip, it's time to rename all the threads to April '14 Army Thread

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
I just dont understand some people. In what state is drunk texting your DH about that poo poo, in that way even remotely a good idea? Well, either way here's to hoping for an amusing mast report. Hope he enjoys his 45/45 and half month's pay for 2 months.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

orange juche posted:

Whip, it's time to rename all the threads to April '14 Army Thread

Why are you on the cops side

Rude

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cole posted:

Rude

The blood god demands appeasement

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Cole posted:

Rude

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

poopkitty posted:

lol

"A bloo bloo. I'm over worked. The department would fall apart without me. :qq: " - Every E-4 in the Fleet

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

he should go ahead and text cno

"I was drunk when I texted the admiral, I can't be held accountable!!!"

e: the more I read of that, the cooler the situation gets

he made O-4 three months ago and it's GONE TO HIS HEAD

lmao thank you for linking this

krispykremessuck fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
This is why your phone's contact list should adhere to the one-up/one-down rule. Much less chance of drunk texting way above your paygrade.

• Locked thread