Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
loving goons. We smurfed too hard and smurfed ourselves.

quote:

Ghosts in the ground: ROFL
Ghosts in the ground: are u serious
Ghosts in the ground: HAHAHA
Ghosts in the ground: sorry

quote:

check your privilege: LMAO

Thanks, team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
let's go Reason

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

loving goons. We smurfed too hard and smurfed ourselves.

The real trick when throwing is to throw hard enough that you lose without throwing so hard that you get kicked.

It gets really difficult to throw games at the silver ranks.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Apogee15 posted:

The real trick when throwing is to throw hard enough that you lose without throwing so hard that you get kicked.

It gets really difficult to throw games at the silver ranks.

Just plug in a 360 controler and ramp up the sensitivity. Also play music in the background.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Oh okay. As long as Fun Was Had.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I think this thread needs to focus its chatting attention to the power of good vibes.

It's not about tick rate. Not about fps. Not about rank, out gunning, totally epically pwning your opponent. But it's about the level of good vibes you have.

Let's talk about how we can attain higher levels of good vibes.

Some tips: Say a buncha funny words and make your cool poses in a mirror

2. brush your teeth every match

3. do a push up

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Apogee15 posted:

Not salty, just making fun because it's clear that it bothers you.

It cost me nothing, and I had fun so *shrug*.

It doesn't bother him or me beyond you having fun at the expense of people running into smurfs not having fun when you have to play a match and you're clearly outclassed. When I queue up for matchmaking I'm kinda hoping to play people at my skill level.

No one cares if you're having fun or not, Maarek is explaining why it isn't fun for other people who are not you.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Slumpy posted:

I think this thread needs to focus its chatting attention to the power of good vibes.

It's not about tick rate. Not about fps. Not about rank, out gunning, totally epically pwning your opponent. But it's about the level of good vibes you have.

3. do a push up

Good vibes are pretty cool.

Play jiggy music.

Dreylad posted:

It doesn't bother him or me beyond you having fun at the expense of people running into smurfs not having fun when you have to play a match and you're clearly outclassed. When I queue up for matchmaking I'm kinda hoping to play people at my skill level.

No one cares if you're having fun or not, Maarek is explaining why it isn't fun for other people who are not you.

No, pretty sure it bothers both him and you.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Slumpy posted:

3. do a push up

-Tell the other team they're doing a Good Job and everyone is having fun.
-Hold down alt-fire on your glock to click. People like that.
-Individually say hi to everyone during warmup when they can hear you so that they know they're special and about to have a heck of a fun game.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Repeat this manta before bed: Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times, Good Weekend, Good Game, Good Vibes

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Good Vibes- Good Drops

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Apogee15 posted:

No, pretty sure it bothers both him and you.

It seems like it is important to you that people view your paying steambux to make multiple smurf accounts to beat up on newbies as a hilarious troll and not something that is dumb and lame. I guess part of that is pretending that I am Angry On The Internet about it, but since you are intentionally keeping your rank very low I'm not sure how that directly affects anyone who posts in this thread.

Personally I just think everyone should have fun playing Counnter-Strike: Global Offensive and I think you might have even more fun if you played the game 'for real' instead of intentionally playing it badly to laugh about how bad the lower tier players are. If you 'try hard' you might fail and I know that is a little intimidating, but you also might succeed and find that you enjoyed the challenge.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Ahahah I got my wish. I got goons to talk about something else.

We are still terrible at it. Edit: your all just bad at it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Maarek posted:

It seems like it is important to you that people view your paying steambux to make multiple smurf accounts to beat up on newbies as a hilarious troll and not something that is dumb and lame. I guess part of that is pretending that I am Angry On The Internet about it, but since you are intentionally keeping your rank very low I'm not sure how that directly affects anyone who posts in this thread.

Personally I just think everyone should have fun playing Counnter-Strike: Global Offensive and I think you might have even more fun if you played the game 'for real' instead of intentionally playing it badly to laugh about how bad the lower tier players are. If you 'try hard' you might fail and I know that is a little intimidating, but you also might succeed and find that you enjoyed the challenge.

Ok they understood you the first time. Saying it again but longer isn't helping.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Slumpy posted:

Repeat this manta before bed: Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times, Good Weekend, Good Game, Good Vibes

You can pretty much instantly improve team morale and performance just by telling everyone "nice try" at the end of every losing round.

Team Good Vibes!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
This is a dirty trick but sometimes you can steal vibes from the other team just by saying the other team has bad vibes. The other team gets frustrated while yours gets to have a good laugh and carry on. I don't recommend it though because it's pretty mean and everyone is here to have a good time. You should save it for when you're playing against mean bullies.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Necc0 posted:

This is a dirty trick but sometimes you can steal vibes from the other team just by saying the other team has bad vibes. The other team gets frustrated while yours gets to have a good laugh and carry on. I don't recommend it though because it's pretty mean and everyone is here to have a good time. You should save it for when you're playing against mean bullies.

Psychological warfare is the best warfare. It can cause good players to play like poo poo, and bad players to play good(but probably mostly the first one).

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Apogee15 posted:

Good vibes are pretty cool.

Play jiggy music.

http://youtu.be/3JcmQONgXJM

But really, the better your own personal vibes, the more fun you'll have. I'm phosphene in the goonmans and i enjoy nova rushing for eco rounds and around the worlds on pistol rounds and telling the worst players they had a good try. ~vibes~

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bad players are cool cause everyone started out not playing gr8 at cs, but when good players are being bad and justifying their decisions with twisted negative warp zone star world logic (mcvey @ dust2) I want to just hit tilde and type quit and slam down on the enter key with the force of a meteoric extinction.

How can you have good vibes when you're being stomped because people who know better conveniently forget how to do simple things like use their eyeballs???

Maybe I've played to win for far too long in video games. I don't know what fun is anymore if it's not winning. Then again I don't have fun winning most of the time, either.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sometimes you just want to go back to the good ol' days when you bought smgs and occasionally won a round.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Maarek posted:

Alright I'll bite. Your last few posts have basically been telling others how to have fun. If a group of goons finds it hilarious and fun (at the very least to themselves) to troll with knives or whatever, then all the power to them. Your definition of "fun" isn't objectively the right one. Sometimes people like screwing around and sometimes people like try-harding, do they have to try-hard all the time?

Also, one of the pillars of SomethingAwful is humour, which loving with pubbies derives to a lesser extent, if you can't handle this without posting a bunch telling other people how to play, perhaps you are on the wrong forums?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Daeno posted:

Alright I'll bite. Your last few posts have basically been telling others how to have fun. If a group of goons finds it hilarious and fun (at the very least to themselves) to troll with knives or whatever, then all the power to them. Your definition of "fun" isn't objectively the right one. Sometimes people like screwing around and sometimes people like try-harding, do they have to try-hard all the time?

Also, one of the pillars of SomethingAwful is humour, which loving with pubbies derives to a lesser extent, if you can't handle this without posting a bunch telling other people how to play, perhaps you are on the wrong forums?

The irony is, of course, that unless I'm mistaken our champion of tryharding is also a firm believer that the UMP is a top-tier competitive weapon at all stages of the game.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Cuntpunch posted:

The irony is, of course, that unless I'm mistaken our champion of tryharding is also a firm believer that the UMP is a top-tier competitive weapon at all stages of the game.

Lol who is our champion of try harding?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

Fat Lou posted:

Lol who is our champion of try harding?

Maarek, obviously. Fat Lou are you so high on Good Vibes that your reading is impaired?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Cuntpunch posted:

Maarek, obviously. Fat Lou are you so high on Good Vibes that your reading is impaired?

When the thread goes into circular poop I don't really read it. It is one trick on how I keep my good vibes. :csgo:

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Daeno posted:

If a group of goons finds it hilarious and fun (at the very least to themselves) to troll with knives or whatever, then all the power to them. Your definition of "fun" isn't objectively the right one.

I'm sorry, you are absolutely right. Telling other people that how they play the game is wrong has absolutely no place in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive thread on this forum and I'm not sure how I made such a mistake.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Maarek posted:

I'm sorry, you are absolutely right. Telling other people that how they play the game is wrong has absolutely no place in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive thread on this forum and I'm not sure how I made such a mistake.

No, I'm sorry, it appears that always playing serious 100% of the time was the right advice after all, how could I be so shortsighted?

You have opened my eyes, I will now travel to far away forums, the sea of 4chan, the ancient city of reddit, all must know that you must never troll anything. EVER!

Daeno fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 26, 2014

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Maarek posted:

You could at least be funny or something if you're going to post this poo poo

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

smug posted:

smug

even more smug

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i play CS:GO to do some epic pubbie stomps and own noobs qtiyd fellow Fun Havers

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Daeno posted:

If a group of goons finds it hilarious and fun (at the very least to themselves) to troll with knives or whatever, then all the power to them.

Is it trolling if you win, though

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

a slime posted:

Is it trolling if you win, though

If you win then it was actually a prostrat and you should immediately tell everyone that you called that strat.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Xenaero posted:

Bad players are cool cause everyone started out not playing gr8 at cs, but when good players are being bad and justifying their decisions with twisted negative warp zone star world logic (mcvey @ dust2) I want to just hit tilde and type quit and slam down on the enter key with the force of a meteoric extinction.

Playing Long A solo from plat doesn't work. If they get an effective opening out of Long you've already given up half the map+bomb site. One guy that far back is not enough to hold off 3~ Ts making a decent push. You can do it solo but you really need Pit control first and that requires 2 people to really pull off. A single smoke at the corner and you're 3/4 of the way into Pit already, the second guy is more insurance in case of a rush and can back off once you're in Pit. The importance of map control cannot be stated enough and to give up that much of it without real resistance is tough to deal with on a T sided map.

We basically had three guys watching mid and none of them were experienced enough to play that 'advantage' ie: push the gently caress outa mid and wrap them at T side Long A.

Oh well, our T side made up for it :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cuntpunch posted:

Have fun however you like but for the love of god don't use an UMP.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Daeno posted:

If a group of goons finds it hilarious and fun (at the very least to themselves) to troll with knives or whatever, then all the power to them.

It's a multiplayer shooter with 90-minute rounds, not EvE Online. If your fun involves deliberately ruining others' fun, then yes, you're a tool and should be treated as such.

To be extra clear, I don't see any problem with a "knife only" account or a "pistols only" account (I'm not sure what Maarek thinks on the subject). That account will play average-to-poorly and will be ranked accordingly. You'll play alongside people who, with a full arsenal, are more or less on an equal level with you playing gimmick. That's completely fine.

But if you play like crap just to get down to Silver 1, and then unleash all the might of your l33t Nova 3 skillz to stomp on those noobs lol, I don't see how you're any different from a HEE-LARIOUS spinbot hacker, or from the 12-year-old who spams racist slurs and friendly fire until he gets kicked. You're just as annoying as either and way less funny than the former.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

mcvey posted:

Playing Long A solo from plat doesn't work. If they get an effective opening out of Long you've already given up half the map+bomb site. One guy that far back is not enough to hold off 3~ Ts making a decent push. You can do it solo but you really need Pit control first and that requires 2 people to really pull off. A single smoke at the corner and you're 3/4 of the way into Pit already, the second guy is more insurance in case of a rush and can back off once you're in Pit. The importance of map control cannot be stated enough and to give up that much of it without real resistance is tough to deal with on a T sided map.

Please tell me you're joking. You can't be serious - I refuse to believe that it's possible to say anything this retarded and mean it.

Maybe the strat was not working because you flash the poo poo out of your team every few seconds.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

But if you play like crap just to get down to Silver 1, and then unleash all the might of your l33t Nova 3 skillz to stomp on those noobs lol, I don't see how you're any different from a HEE-LARIOUS spinbot hacker, or from the 12-year-old who spams racist slurs and friendly fire until he gets kicked. You're just as annoying as either and way less funny than the former.

You've missed the point entirely. We have lower ranked accounts so we can play with lower ranked friends without them getting dominated, or to play with silly rules like you mentioned above. There's no point in working for days to get an account down into the low silvers, just to ruin it by ranking back into the high novas with just a few wins.

If I just want to dominate helpless players I'll play botmatches TIA.

I'm assuming you're a silver, yourself.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I pretty much agree with NihilCredo, and there's no reason to get defensive about the knives only thing. No one in this thread has criticized it in fact, and yet people feel the need to defend it for some reason which is weird and dumb and I suggest getting some reading glasses or something. Handicapping yourself while playing below your skill level is funny.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
All I can say is I have fun with my splinter cell smurf (usp+crouch walk only). Sometimes it's fun to mess around but I definitely don't try hard on a smurf cause its not that fun just wrecking people who don't even look at you. But as someone who plays with a lot of lower ranked people it's nice to have a smurf that's lower so I can play with goons without ruining the game and matching us vs all badges and get stomped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Dreylad posted:

Handicapping yourself while playing below your skill level is funny.

It's loving hilarious.

• Locked thread