Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Well, for some reason the game just locked up hard during card selection during a draft. Yeurgh. Hope I don't lose the cards I'd already drafted.

edit: yup, looks like I lost the cards I'd already drafted (a legendary and several rares I needed >_<). The free draft token was consumed also. Ticket submitted to support so we'll see what happens. Seems like now may be a great time to not draft.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Seems like now may be a great time to not draft.

Yeah, they're saying in chat not to start new tournaments for now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Their main competition is Magic Online which is wildly lovely, but very generous with their reimbursement policy. It's very cheap to give people digital goods to keep them happy, so hopefully CZ takes that bit from WotC. I almost quit hearthstone over a paid draft losing to a bug early on. I don't know how Blizz get's away with it.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
And tournaments are locked now till they fix the problem.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they mention anything about people not getting all their rewards when redeeming codes? The only thing I got out of my slacker code was the 25 booster packs and their forum appears to be down whenever I try to go there.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Did they mention anything about people not getting all their rewards when redeeming codes? The only thing I got out of my slacker code was the 25 booster packs and their forum appears to be down whenever I try to go there.

Most of the slacker backer bonuses either aren't in game at all or aren't in game yet. VIP program isn't active, the two promos are both PvE cards which aren't in yet, the digital art book is an out of game thing with a link in the email you were sent, and you already got your beta invite. I don't know how slacker backer handles the free starter deck; with my dungeon crawler tier I just got the three starters I didn't select added straight to my collection.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DrManiac posted:

https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/

Zurai posted:

Most of the slacker backer bonuses either aren't in game at all or aren't in game yet. VIP program isn't active, the two promos are both PvE cards which aren't in yet, the digital art book is an out of game thing with a link in the email you were sent, and you already got your beta invite. I don't know how slacker backer handles the free starter deck; with my dungeon crawler tier I just got the three starters I didn't select added straight to my collection.

You actually got all four, so you got doubles of everything in the one you chose.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Go RV! posted:

You actually got all four, so you got doubles of everything in the one you chose.

No, I didn't. I only got one copy of the orc deck (the one I chose); 3 of the commons, 1 of the rares.

That's strange, it showed I only had 1 Tel'taca, etc, until I deleted all the starter decks. Now I have 2. No idea what went on there (no, it isn't the relogging thing, I'd already done that several times).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 26, 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Zurai posted:

No, I didn't. I only got one copy of the orc deck (the one I chose); 3 of the commons, 1 of the rares.

That's strange, it showed I only had 1 Tel'taca, etc, until I deleted all the starter decks. Now I have 2. No idea what went on there (no, it isn't the relogging thing, I'd already done that several times).

Was your selected deck the Orc one? Because one of them would have been in your deck, the other would have been in the rest of your cards.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Go RV! posted:

Was your selected deck the Orc one? Because one of them would have been in your deck, the other would have been in the rest of your cards.

Now I feel like an idiot. Of course that's why. :doh: :downs:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So with trading / auction-house about a month away my dream scenario would be guilds within a month after that, open beta with some PvE elements within a month after that, then Set 2 followed closely with full launch and PvE (which would time perfectly with GenCon 2014)

Right now though I would settle for being able to use my remaining free drafts before the weekend is over :saddowns:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Grim posted:

So with trading / auction-house about a month away my dream scenario would be guilds within a month after that, open beta with some PvE elements within a month after that, then Set 2 followed closely with full launch and PvE (which would time perfectly with GenCon 2014)

Right now though I would settle for being able to use my remaining free drafts before the weekend is over :saddowns:

Yeah, I had planned to draft all dat, but onlt got in one before the crash while I was rolling my second one because people suck and I got 12th pick removal regularly in that pod.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
I'd been fairly firm about not selling my KS rewards, but I'm kind of staring down a big set of bills. I am pondering selling my pro player code - are these still highly desired, or would I just be looking to recoup the 250 investment? I also have a King tier, I'll probably keep that.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Also as in addition to packs, or do you mean Also as in gold with no pack reward like 5th through 8th?

Also in addition to packs. I got 5 packs and 20,000 gold.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Go RV! posted:

I selected the human deck and actually had 2x of that deck in my decklists after; pretty sure deleting the extra then had the "cards not in any decks" counter go up some :shobon:

Also seem to have all my rewards (King tier) sans 3-4 of the sleeve arts - only have, iirc, the champion & king sleeves, but the million dollar one + the lower backer tier specific sleeves are missing. Not something I need to worry about right away, though.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

DarkFact posted:

I'd been fairly firm about not selling my KS rewards, but I'm kind of staring down a big set of bills. I am pondering selling my pro player code - are these still highly desired, or would I just be looking to recoup the 250 investment? I also have a King tier, I'll probably keep that.

If I had pro player codes to sell I wouldn't sell them at cost. That's $364 dollars in drafts each year not counting all of the other extras.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Its been months since Alpha and I still cant play a single game to completion, tournaments still offline. Why is this in beta?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mugaaz posted:

Its been months since Alpha and I still cant play a single game to completion, tournaments still offline. Why is this in beta?

It was working fine last week, I hadn't had a game crash for a while. It's just the shift to new hardware and the returning rush as people get their rewards. It's in beta. That actually does mean something.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah I don't know why people think it going into beta somehow means there aren't still going to be issues. You have to deal with the stress testing at SOME point, and it's not something that was really feasible during alpha because of how the game was at that point and the amount of people that were playing. Load issues at launch have been a problem for nearly every MMO like, ever. The simple act of things being monetized and "for keeps" is what generates the rush that causes the issues in the first place, so it doesn't really matter what you call it. If it didn't happen now it'd just happen at open beta or release and we'd have the same conversation then.

I mean it sucks that tournaments are down, I wanted to play some too. But I did at least get in a number of AI and casual games today without any issues. I expect them to get it sorted out within the week and then we won't have to worry about it again (until open beta/release anyway :v:).

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

cathead posted:

I mean it sucks that tournaments are down, I wanted to play some too. But I did at least get in a number of AI and casual games today without any issues. I expect them to get it sorted out within the week and then we won't have to worry about it again (until open beta/release anyway :v:).

The big question now is how good a job they'll do dealing with the crashed tournaments today. It seems like the first real 'rubber meets the road" test of their customer service. Now that things are monetized and "real" there's a lot less room for excuses.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

cathead posted:

Yeah I don't know why people think it going into beta somehow means there aren't still going to be issues. You have to deal with the stress testing at SOME point, and it's not something that was really feasible during alpha because of how the game was at that point and the amount of people that were playing. Load issues at launch have been a problem for nearly every MMO like, ever. The simple act of things being monetized and "for keeps" is what generates the rush that causes the issues in the first place, so it doesn't really matter what you call it. If it didn't happen now it'd just happen at open beta or release and we'd have the same conversation then.

Pretty much this. It's not economically sound to spend a ton of money making uber servers that can handle the out of the gate rush. You make something reasonable and then build it up as necessary. As long as they do the right thing with refunds, I don't really care that much. I'm sure that I won't remember these first missed drafts once I'm further through the nearly 400 packs I've got for drafting.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Karnegal posted:

Pretty much this. It's not economically sound to spend a ton of money making uber servers that can handle the out of the gate rush. You make something reasonable and then build it up as necessary. As long as they do the right thing with refunds, I don't really care that much. I'm sure that I won't remember these first missed drafts once I'm further through the nearly 400 packs I've got for drafting.

All I know I tried to play for couple weeks in Alpha, 90% of my games hanged due to error. Not any different now. I see a lot of improvements in the UI though.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
It would shock me if Cryptozoic didn't automatically approve all reimbursement requests that aren't blatant fraud. In order to get to the level of popularity that they want Hex to be at, they absolutely need a solid base of early adopters. Being stingy with refunds during an early beta would piss off people who are prepared to spend money on Hex for years to come, as well as be the main advocates that attract other users to the game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Konstantin posted:

It would shock me if Cryptozoic didn't automatically approve all reimbursement requests that aren't blatant fraud. In order to get to the level of popularity that they want Hex to be at, they absolutely need a solid base of early adopters. Being stingy with refunds during an early beta would piss off people who are prepared to spend money on Hex for years to come, as well as be the main advocates that attract other users to the game.
I've seen nothing that CZE has done wrt hex that would indicate any other response. I'm sure they are fully aware of how much of a struggle it is to be a force in the ccg market, let alone stand out amongst the swamp of f2p shovelware card games out there.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mugaaz posted:

All I know I tried to play for couple weeks in Alpha, 90% of my games hanged due to error. Not any different now. I see a lot of improvements in the UI though.

I was playing during the late alpha a bit, and I had no issues. I would guess that the current issues are 90% severload issues since they're getting throttled with people who haven't touched the game in months/ever

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

I was playing during the late alpha a bit, and I had no issues. I would guess that the current issues are 90% severload issues since they're getting throttled with people who haven't touched the game in months/ever

Late alpha was a dream come true. Every game worked, I never had trouble with tournaments. Every card, free.

I kind of miss it. Beta seems to be working ok though. I kind of expected them to run into hiccups.

I'm really surprised how many new faces there are. At times where I usually only saw one or two folks, now I see like forty. It's a good feeling.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I'm an rear end in a top hat control player in Magic, so I built my best approximation for that in Hex.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=5992

Thoughts?

Also, is there a better site for sharing decks? This one seems unwieldy.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

What a Judas posted:

I'm an rear end in a top hat control player in Magic, so I built my best approximation for that in Hex.

Thoughts?

http://www.hex-datamine.com/deck.php ?

There aren't any great sites yet

As to the deck, is there anything better than Relentless Corruption?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

What a Judas posted:

Thoughts?

Here are some decklists from a recent tournament, they're all pretty solid:

http://hextcgpro.proboards.com/thread/377/april-cs-top-deck-lists

edit: your deck seems kinda all over the board. I'd either add in more things like Xentoth's Inquisitor or Bone Warrior if you're going to keep the extinctions, or add in more stuff like Buccanneer or Menacing Gralk if you want more control.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 27, 2014

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How do you add gems to your socketable cards? And where do you get those gems?

EDIT: found it, turns out I'm blind or something?

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 27, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

beedeebee posted:

How do you add gems to your socketable cards? And where do you get those gems?

click the socket in the card. You have infinite gems of all types

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Remember that you need to add the gem to every copy of the card you have separately.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

I am afraid to log in. Every time I log in, I see that I have very few cards. A little voice in my head says, "Psst. Just open a few boosters. You'll have enough cards to make a good deck then."

The sweet, honeyed words of temptation lure me into the store, where I see the pool of water and hear the siren's soft humming. If I just dropped in some packs then--

But no! Packs are for drafting! Drafting turns those packs into many more packs!

"But the primals" the voice says "They're not useful. You can't draft with those. Why not open some primals?"

My mouse slides over to the orange packs, and hovers there ominously. But Grim correctly said that opening packs during special events gives chests capable of getting extra rare and valuable items! I can't open those!

I urge my mouse down, away from the primals. Fighting my animalistic urge to tear open packs like a puppy on Christmas paper.

Then, I accidentally bring my pointer to the chests below. The chests that came with my VIP membership.

"Oh, but those chests are already generated. You can spend your gold re-rolling them! Maybe you'll even get a card!"

But one of the roll rewards is a PvE card. How can I even win that? It is a bug waiting to happen. Besides, there could be much better uses of gold once PvE comes out. Do we really know how valuable gold is?

Finally, before the whispering begins again, I rip my mouse to the corner and close the window, all at once like an extra-sticky band-aid.

Every time...

They need to get tournaments working fast. :smith:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
You can't open chests right now anyway.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If it makes you feel any better, but HexRex said that they have people in working on tournaments right now.

e: General update from Hexrex

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 27, 2014

Ghost of T-Pain
Jan 20, 2004

I don't know... but wherever it was, I am their king now.
I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is anyone trying to sell their Kickstater reward codes? I didn’t find out about this game until it was too late to donate and it would be pretty sweet if I could snag a code.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Somebody was musing about selling a pro, but they were wondering if anyone would pay over-cost for it.

A couple people have successfully sold already.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Trying to sell them just seems like scamapalooza to me. The codes are worthless once redeemed, theres no seller protection for digital objects on paypal, and not to mention people doing bank/cc chargebacks. Is some guy gonna send you Western Union first? Probably not.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

According to the Hex twitter accounts/codes are not transferable. I know people have sold accounts but it is just something to be aware of.

https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/459771830106996736

quote:

accounts/codes are not transferrable. our T&C is as friendly as possible, but that should be clear.

They do go on to say gifting codes and using them for giveaways is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Which basically means they're covering their asses and you can do what you want as long as you don't flaunt it and don't blame them if you get screwed.

• Locked thread