Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Funny hearing all this about the bottle counts, because I've had friends look to trade MvB+Temp 2:1 for it and all have failed. To me, it seemed like there's a ton more Life Is Like.

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/iso-db-huna-ft-lil.9250/

"Super easy," says the 2nd post. I dunno. LiL probably was a smaller bottle count but that's loving DBH. Count shouldn't be everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

air- posted:

Seattle and Portland goons: will be at both cities for business in May and June. Let's set up an in person trade, I like sours and especially would like De Garde/Upright.

Can bring:
Jester King: Viking Metal, MvB, Tempranillo, Atrial
Prairie: Coffee/Vanilla/Noir, Bomb, Bible Belt
Revolution Straight Jacket
Alpine Nelson, Duet
Deschutes Abyss '10
BCBS/BCBW/Backyard
Other Texas shelf beer

e: x posting what I posted on TB.

Your mailbox is full

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
LiL wasn't super rare but because people in Florida are so thirsty for whales to trade it people truckhunted and hoarded the poo poo out of it. I didn't get any.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Either I hate dates, or I got a bad bottle, but DFH Olde School is loving gross.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 23, 2014

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

a worthy uhh posted:

Either I hate dates, or I got a bad bottle, but DFH Olde School is loving gross.

You didn't get a bad bottle.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ExtremistCow posted:

You didn't get a bad bottle.

Is that the prune one? It's gross.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
ISO: V013

FT: '13 Fou Foune +. The + can be other loons, or some American rarities. Thought I had a trade lined up, but it didn't go through. Pretty sure this is more than fair though... PM or kudoss at gmail dot com

nah
Mar 16, 2009

wattershed posted:

Hey dudes, quick question, what was the bottle count for Life Is Like? Guy wants to go $4$ on a trade with me but I'm pretty sure I'll need to factor in counts to make it happen.

3500ish

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis, Aurelian Lure, Mont vs Balaton, Cerveza de Temp, Omni & Pro.

FT
Tired Hands So it Goes,
Tired Hands Out of the Emptiness, ...
Forest & Main Manu Negra,
Forest & Main Moeder Seizoen,
CCB Don Gavino,
CCB Illuminating the Path,
Dark Horse BB Plead the 5th,
Prairie Pirate Bomb,
& more & more.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Vertigo posted:

I'm sitting on 6 bottles of KBS (4 pack of this year, and 2 of last year). I'm looking to get a '12 and a '14 Dark Lord(of course there will be things added, and I have a decent cellar).

Sorry to bump this...

I've also got
BCBS Backyard (for the right deal)
BCBS
BCBBW
Weyerbacher Tango
Weyerbacher Tiny
Weyerbacher Blasphemy
Weyerbacher Rhumpshaka
Weyerbacher Eighteen
Victory White Monkey
Founders Backwoods
Founders Imperial
Troegs Impending Descent
Troegs Mad Elf 2013
Left Hand Wake Up Dead
Ballast Point VAS(2012)

Edit : Just looked thru my cellar also in there
1x Bolt Cutter
2x Sweet Repute
3x Stoudt's Old Abominable Barleywine aged in red wine barrels
2x North Coast Old sTock Brandy Ale
3x Victory Oaked Horizontal
1x Weyerbacher Althea

and a few other items in my cellar .

I'm looking for the DL '12 and '14 (any other years I'd be interested in a combo deal, but I really want those two), a Darkness from Surly , any CCB stuff I can get my hands on (I've got a Huna from this year already, but always looking for big bottles I don't have... and hell, more Huna, esp DB Huna) , anything else from 3F since they dont' come this way.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 29, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am going to a friend's tonight that would be interested and has some of the things you are looking for.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

swickles posted:

I am going to a friend's tonight that would be interested and has some of the things you are looking for.

Cool just let me know

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Saw this happen and I'd like to go for it too... 1:1 straight up.

ISO: Hommage

FT: V013

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
ISO: Hunaphu '14

FT: Almanac Seasonal Sours, Alpine, other local SoCal Seasonals, RR etc.

Haven't had it in a while and I'd like to taste it fresh as Girlkisser recommends.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

ISO: Hair of the Dog glass

Does anyone here live close enough to the brewery that they could buy a glass? I'm sure we can work something out.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Danbanana, what was the allotment this year?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Paul Proteus posted:

Danbanana, what was the allotment this year?

It was 4, so I've got one for you if you still want.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

If anybody got lucky on the Mini Snifters at Dark Lord Day this year and wants to trade me a pair I'll make it worth your while! Tradestuffs include DB Huna, King Henry, Baller Stout etc.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

LeafHouse posted:

If anybody got lucky on the Mini Snifters at Dark Lord Day this year and wants to trade me a pair I'll make it worth your while! Tradestuffs include DB Huna, King Henry, Baller Stout etc.

Don't blow all your good ammo. http://www.darkmattercoffee.com/collections/gifts/products/dmc-snifter

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

So dld is over any chance any one can help me out?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'd be very willing to organise a trade for some Australian craft beer for some great American craft beer. The local places here struggle to get a lot of the greats. Currently I can get a decent amount of craft either online or at a beer boutique about an hour away. My list of current "want to try beers":

Pliny the Elder - because I've brewed a clone and want to compare
Heady Topper
Dogfish 60 minute or pumpkin ale
Cigar City beers in general

Pretty well would be willing to swap a half case (12 pack) of quality Aussie craft beer (Holgate, Burleigh Brewing, Bridge Road etc) for basically a Pliny, heady and then some good stouts and porters for the winter. Someone pm me if you're interested

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

You're asking for beer from a huge spread across the country.. getting it from one person is going to be difficult. Alchemist brews Heady, which isn't distributed outside of Vermont, which is 3,000 miles from Russian River, who brews Pliny, which isn't distributed outside of CA, which is 2,800 miles from Florida, where Cigar City is. Dogfish Head is pretty well distributed.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Then there's the international shipping, which is a whole nother :can:

And remember the hemisphere seasonal difference!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

a worthy uhh posted:

You're asking for beer from a huge spread across the country.. getting it from one person is going to be difficult. Alchemist brews Heady, which isn't distributed outside of Vermont, which is 3,000 miles from Russian River, who brews Pliny, which isn't distributed outside of CA, which is 2,800 miles from Florida, where Cigar City is. Dogfish Head is pretty well distributed.

Pliny is distributed outside of CA, we get it in OR at least. Do you guys not get it in Philly?

Otherwise, yeah, you're going to have a tough time working out a trade I think with international shipping involved. Also, you'd have to find someone who is either adventurous or knows enough about Aussie craft beers to find it worthwhile.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

dphi posted:

Pliny is distributed outside of CA, we get it in OR at least. Do you guys not get it in Philly?

Otherwise, yeah, you're going to have a tough time working out a trade I think with international shipping involved. Also, you'd have to find someone who is either adventurous or knows enough about Aussie craft beers to find it worthwhile.

CA, OR.. close enough. Philly gets kegs often, never bottles.

Merkin Muffley
Aug 1, 2006
The Ballsiest
Speaking from experience, shipping beer between Australia and the US does not work well. Even if you find a way to make it work through a customs-approved shipper be prepared for both parties to spend about $200 for shipping costs alone.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Vertigo posted:

So dld is over any chance any one can help me out?

Whatcha need/have?

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

jbusbysack posted:

Whatcha need/have?

My list is a few posts up and I'm searching for a '12 and '14 Dark Lord.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Vertigo posted:

My list is a few posts up and I'm searching for a '12 and '14 Dark Lord.

My bad. Email me - xxxx and we can work something out.

I can offer up Surly Darkness / DL13/14 / BCB-Proprieter / Other 3F. Let's chat.

jbusbysack fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 30, 2014

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
What's trading like for KBS/Black Note to get Prairie Bomb/Pirate Bomb/Noir and/or BB Plead the 5th? I'm not looking to set up a deal right at the moment (shipping = $$) but is 1:1 fair for most of that stuff?

For that matter, how tightly do people hold on to Heady Topper for something like that. 3:1, 2:1? None of those things are available near me so I don't know what prices are typical.

krustster fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 30, 2014

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

krustster posted:

What's trading like for KBS/Black Note to get Prairie Bomb/Pirate Bomb/Noir and/or BB Plead the 5th? I'm not looking to set up a deal right at the moment (shipping = $$) but is 1:1 fair for most of that stuff?

For that matter, how tightly do people hold on to Heady Topper for something like that. 3:1, 2:1? None of those things are available near me so I don't know what prices are typical.

KBS and Black Note should be about BBPT5 level. Maybe the same for Pirate. Should be able to get multiples of Noir and Regular Bomb, or at least better than 1:1. You should be able to get at least a 4 pack of Heady for only two or so of what you list. The biggest issue is that most people would want to expand the trade. No one wants to pay for shipping on a trade for a few 12 oz bottles.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah I made sure everyone I was doing my Prairie trades with was down for a 12 bottle shipper. Recipient just specified how much they want of each beer but bottom line, it makes a lot more sense for the shipping.

I'll be open for doing another round of sending out Prairie sometime in June by the way, shoot me PM's. Really wish Pirate would get down here already, but I think there should be a lot of new Prairie showing up in the next month or so.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Some veteran beer nerds will probably hate on me for posting this, but don't blame me for trying. Do we happen to have any goons from the following areas who are looking into getting into trading?

Santa Cruz, CA (Sante Adairius)
Decorah, IA (Toppling Goliath)
Philly, PA (Tired Hands - would ideally be looking for somebody who goes to their bottle releases. Somebody who makes it to Bullfrog is a plus)
Burlington, VT (Hill Farmstead, Lawsons, Alchemist)

I'd love to work out a trading partnership - I live in Michigan and have access to a ton of brewery only releases from Kuhnhenn, Dark Horse, Founders, Bells, Shorts, Jolly Pumpkin, Odd Side, Grand Rapids Brewing Company, and many others. I've traded with countless goons and they can attest to quality of boxes I send. I'm also an El Catador member so I have access to most beers released by Cigar CIty.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Is anyone here interested in Allagash Avance (batch one)? I have a few bottles still, and while I wasn't a huge fan of the beer the last time I had it it's definitely still got a pretty distinct strawberry character and gets mostly excellent reviews. I've still got to send something to Furious Lobster for a trade we have going on but I'd definitely like to pick up a few different things for the Avance.

Mainly interested in Veritas 12/13 but I'm sure there's other interesting stuff I haven't thought of. No PMs here so message me on Ratebeer @HonusWagner if you're interested.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Philly, PA (Tired Hands - would ideally be looking for somebody who goes to their bottle releases. Somebody who makes it to Bullfrog is a plus)

lol

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Hahaha there's a surplus of Philly goons who are active, seemingly second in numbers behind Chicago I think?

And yeah I'll also vouch for Bag of Sun Chips being an excellent trade partner.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Thanks for the tips. I know just from buying stuff online that shipping is a pain in the dick unless you send a lot at once. I've got some expenses coming up that'll prevent me from dipping into the trading disease for a month or so but it's nice to actually have something people might want for a change.

I guess I could always put ridiculous offers out there and see what sucker bites but I'd rather make it fair instead of "maximizing my leverage" or whatever.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

^^ Honestly, just trade with goons. I've had the best experiences (barring one or two people) with goons. air- hooked me up with all the Noirs and Bible belt, and he just expects that I take good care of him in return. That's kinda how a lot of my trades have gone. Goons are good traders. Nobody here is greedy or stingy, I trade poo poo here at a lot 'lower value' than I would in ISO:FT or reddit because everyone else is the same way.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

air- posted:

Hahaha there's a surplus of Philly goons who are active, seemingly second in numbers behind Chicago I think?

And yeah I'll also vouch for Bag of Sun Chips being an excellent trade partner.

There's not that many of us. We just post a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

a worthy uhh posted:

^^ Honestly, just trade with goons. I've had the best experiences (barring one or two people) with goons.

my only bad trade was with a goon who ended up on the big "bad trader list" and who disappeared from the forums a while back, but i've had great experiences with probably ten or twelve others, a few of whom i've traded with multiple times.

• Locked thread