Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Eastern Orthodox, actually. Although I don't know if Russia counts as European, exactly.

edit: I mean, look at this guy. He looks like an IRL wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

The Crotch posted:

Alchemist:

This will do thanks :3

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: never mind i'm good

Alaois fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 20, 2014

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
I need some old-school D&D style art, though not necessarily from old-school books.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Tasoth posted:

Find Expedition at your library if you can. It's god damned gorgeous and written as a nature journal from an explorer of an alien world. It's out of print and runs for a hundred bucks easily. I think Alien Planet has a segment based off it or is based off it, but it doesn't cover as much as the book does.
Alien Planet is basically an abridged version that substitutes unmanned probes for the manned craft used in the book.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

(by Sam Bosma)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I was about to say how that gives off a real Stephen Universe vibe when I realized "Oh yeah, Sam Bosma does art for that show."

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Request: looking for some female battle-clerics in sensible, non-sexualized dress. Similar to this young lady:

Except a little more club-y / mace-y and less sword-y, if such a thing exists.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Peas and Rice posted:

Request: looking for some female battle-clerics in sensible, non-sexualized dress. Similar to this young lady:

Except a little more club-y / mace-y and less sword-y, if such a thing exists.

Not to steal his thunder, but I'd like the sword-y ones too.

I've been writing a thing that has a Joan of Arc analogue that I'm looking to commission some art for, and I'd love all the Joansiest Arciest girls you've got for reference material to show the artist.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Inverse Icarus posted:

Not to steal his thunder, but I'd like the sword-y ones too.

I've been writing a thing that has a Joan of Arc analogue that I'm looking to commission some art for, and I'd love all the Joansiest Arciest girls you've got for reference material to show the artist.

I can help! I've got a bunch on my female paladins Pinterest board. Some favorites:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
MtG has an unfortunate case of boob-plate, but it's not super-sexy ultra-boobplate so there's that at least?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Majuju posted:

MtG has an unfortunate case of boob-plate, but it's not super-sexy ultra-boobplate so there's that at least?

Either one of these is perfect. Thanks!!

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Peas and Rice posted:

Either one of these is perfect. Thanks!!

You might also want to look into Elspeth, but she uses something like a glaive or a greatsword, depending on the illustration.

Maleh-Vor fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 24, 2014

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

MtG art hits it out of the park sometimes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jason Chan is fantastic.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

RPZip posted:

MtG art hits it out of the park sometimes.

My favorite paladin. :swoon:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Here is an album of almost all MtG images of wizard-type dudes. Highlights:

Doakes

Donato Giancola (my second-favourite MtG artist behind Rebecca Guay)

Rebecca Guay

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Majuju posted:

I don't understand how Wayne Reynolds has so much trouble understanding how gloves work.

If anything is wearing gloves they're these weird blocky things that completely occlude the wrist. It's so bizarre.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I don't understand how Wayne Reynolds has so much trouble understanding how gloves work.
Don't forget that he only knows one pose: "Person strides purposefully forward, usually directly at the camera".

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nothing wrong with metal ham-hands.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Don't forget that he only knows one pose: "Person strides purposefully forward, usually directly at the camera".

The old 3.5e rules board had a demonic Wayne Reynolds demon battle going on. I had to cover up the pictures once I noticed every single character in the battle scene was screaming ridiculously and it kept me giggling.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Weirdo posted:

The old 3.5e rules board had a demonic Wayne Reynolds demon battle going on. I had to cover up the pictures once I noticed every single character in the battle scene was screaming ridiculously and it kept me giggling.
He'd be a great artist, as a dedicated colorist. But handling the poses himself, not so much.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Maleh-Vor posted:

You might also want to look into Elspeth, but she uses something like a glaive or a greatsword, depending on the illustration.

She uses a Glaive in the most recent set because she's been empowered by the sun god to kill the rear end in a top hat god, and the spear (named Godsend) is his gift to her.

Majuju posted:

Here is an album of almost all MtG images of wizard-type dudes. Highlights:

I I am in love with the color work on this card but I could never figure out what the hell is up with that pose.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Kurieg posted:

I could never figure out what the hell is up with that pose.

Somatic spell components, dude. That's like arcane magic 101.

Here a cool thing, pagans and devil-havers. Please share similar thing to benefit my obsession with the occult:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Kurieg posted:

She uses a Glaive in the most recent set because she's been empowered by the sun god to kill the rear end in a top hat god, and the spear (named Godsend) is his gift to her.

I I am in love with the color work on this card but I could never figure out what the hell is up with that pose.

Now I'm imagining a skateboarder-mage. :allears:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Got a source on this one?

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

With the Atomic Robo rpg coming out soon, I'm going to need some Action Scientists! Anyone have any?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DrSunshine posted:

Now I'm imagining a skateboarder-mage. :allears:

I was going to go with surfing the aetheric waves.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Diskhotep posted:

With the Atomic Robo rpg coming out soon, I'm going to need some Action Scientists! Anyone have any?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cov...w=1920&bih=1085

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Does anyone else have more like this? Magic consisting of over the top visual effects?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

-Fish- posted:

Does anyone else have more like this? Magic consisting of over the top visual effects?

Most Warmachine/Hordes artwork should do you well.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Diskhotep posted:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Mehrangarh Fort, Rajasthan, India

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Diskhotep posted:

Manhattan Projects has your back.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

S.J. posted:

Most Warmachine/Hordes artwork should do you well.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of wookiees.' -- Cousin It.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

p-hop posted:

Somatic spell components, dude. That's like arcane magic 101.

Here a cool thing, pagans and devil-havers. Please share similar thing to benefit my obsession with the occult

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 27, 2014

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Did someone say Space Gods? No? Well here're some Space Gods:

(Requesting Space Gods)

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?