Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
yo globo corp, how things

i'm drinking beer with grains of paradise in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

HEY GAL posted:

is it true its the patriarchy's fault or like

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
sup ladies' thread

I'm at this awkward place where like
I know I'll never have a Relationship with this girl I'm still not over, but she's a friend of a friend, so we orbit each other, and the more I get to know her the more it sucks. But I guess I'm happy I'm around her in at least that capacity?

Uggghhhh

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

HEY GAL posted:

drinking some homemade cider, rockin

gonna crash soon

i drove over a possum on purpose earlier today, was good

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

unlimited shrimp posted:

sup ladies' thread

I know I'll never have a Relationship with this girl I'm still not over, but she's a friend of a friend, so we orbit each other, and the more I get to know her the more it sucks. But I guess I'm happy I'm around her in at least that capacity?

Uggghhhh

give up and drink yourself to death

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

unlimited shrimp posted:

sup ladies' thread

Uggghhhh

Talk to her about anime.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
ok

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Talk to her about anime.

Yes, this will ensure that she avoids you in the future and remove the temptation.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
mickey mouse once told me that i could do anything if i just put my mind to it

thus my preferred dating technique is to rest my brow on the breasts of women i am attracted to

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

unlimited shrimp posted:

sup ladies' thread

Uggghhhh

i had a situation where i was madly in love with a girl who actively wanted to be friends, but i was so in love with her that not being around her was equally lovely, the solution, unlimited shrimp, is genocide and rivers of the blood of the faithful

let's just say a lot of hosed up poo poo went down, but death before friendzone

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Stoic Commie posted:

i had a situation where i was madly in love with a girl who actively wanted to be friends, but i was so in love with her that not being around her was equally lovely, the solution, unlimited shrimp, is genocide and rivers of the blood of the faithful

let's just say a lot of hosed up poo poo went down, but death before friendzone

gently caress yeah Stoic Commie gets it

take what you want, kill who you wish

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Globo-Hitler III posted:

take what you want, kill who you wish

death is certain :cheers:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Most women haven't watched Gundam, so they appreciate an in-depth discussion of the major events and chronology of the Universal Century timeline.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Hitler, is there a name for those cement monument things that are everywhere in rural Indiana? I grew up like two or three hours from where you live, I think, maybe closer if you're not from the area I think, so they have to be around you too

What the gently caress are they for? Property marking?

Pick posted:

don't inhale pig manure

He's in Indiana, he's probably downwind of a meth lab, tbh

Sharkie posted:

idk why somebody shouldn't like it.

I'm appreciating contemporary culture:

I love OCC's names for stuff. They have "Trollop" and "Harlot" and "Hoochie" lip tars, as well as:

And one of their eye cream shades is named "Pleasure Model," and there's a black something-or-other named "Bauhaus." They're much better at naming shades than Urban Decay

Also there is a nail update for those who care, a bright golden olive green with a gold glitter on top. The olive is Glittering Elements, the glitter is a mini Butter London I got in a giftset

Sorry the colors are weird and the pic is blurry, my phone battery was too low for me to use the flash

Someone got really offended by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' name, and were like "What if I started 'Drug Addiction Cosmetics' and sold things in syringes? HUH?!"

Well you would probably make like a million dollars if you came up with a better name

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

oval office raja posted:

Hitler, is there a name for those cement monument things that are everywhere in rural Indiana? I grew up like two or three hours from where you live, I think, maybe closer if you're not from the area I think, so they have to be around you too

What the gently caress are they for? Property marking?

could you be more specific, there are alot of markers around here because everything around here is old as gently caress

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

Most women haven't watched Gundam, so they appreciate an in-depth discussion of the major events and chronology of the Universal Century timeline.
They also like really pretty boy pilots.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

unlimited shrimp posted:

sup ladies' thread

Uggghhhh

you gotta let it go, man

i know it sucks, but if you don't do it you'll gently caress yourself u p in the brain

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sabel posted:

They also like really pretty boy pilots.

I said the Universal Century timeline

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HEY GAL posted:

YOU CALLED

I AM HERE

know any good templates for writing a research proposal?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Globo-Hitler III posted:

could you be more specific, there are alot of markers around here because everything around here is old as gently caress

They're always blank, unless they have numbers or something stamped somewhere that's not visible from the road. I've seen them on either side of old dirt driveways leading back to farms, and I've seen a lot of them at corners out where it's rural enough for road names to just be numbers indicating how far the road is from the city edges or the city center, different counties pick one or the other. I've also seen them just randomly along country roads, never close to each other when not marking out a driveway.

I'd just drive out and take a picture of one if I were in Indiana, but I'm not.

I'm not talking about the old, short state road markers, those are like 1-2 feet high. And only on old state roads. What I'm talking about are like five-six feet high, probably two square feet at the base, usually, and they narrow slightly at the top and end in kind of a stubby point. They vary in exact dimension a lot, so I'm assuming every farmer made their own, although I guess the county/state doing something a long time ago could have been OK with them not being regular. I'm guessing they're property markers, or might have been part of a fence. IDK what kind of fence would have one cement post and then the rest be wood or whatever, they're not attached to anything now.

I'm from a small city in fairly rural Indiana, near Muncie, so I've seen them a ton, but never done anything related to farming, other than be chased by chickens once when I was very small and on a relative's farm. They might be something that every rural person knows the name of, just assume I'm an idiot here

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

oval office raja posted:

They're always blank, unless they have numbers or something stamped somewhere that's not visible from the road. I've seen them on either side of old dirt driveways leading back to farms, and I've seen a lot of them at corners out where it's rural enough for road names to just be numbers indicating how far the road is from the city edges or the city center, different counties pick one or the other. I've also seen them just randomly along country roads, never close to each other when not marking out a driveway.

I'd just drive out and take a picture of one if I were in Indiana, but I'm not.

I'm not talking about the old, short state road markers, those are like 1-2 feet high. And only on old state roads. What I'm talking about are like five-six feet high, probably two square feet at the base, usually, and they narrow slightly at the top and end in kind of a stubby point. They vary in exact dimension a lot, so I'm assuming every farmer made their own, although I guess the county/state doing something a long time ago could have been OK with them not being regular. I'm guessing they're property markers, or might have been part of a fence. IDK what kind of fence would have one cement post and then the rest be wood or whatever, they're not attached to anything now.

I'm from a small city in fairly rural Indiana, near Muncie, so I've seen them a ton, but never done anything related to farming, other than be chased by chickens once when I was very small and on a relative's farm. They might be something that every rural person knows the name of, just assume I'm an idiot here

yes, i know what you are talking about. They serve a number of purposes, but the most common is to indicate that there is a family grave plot somewhere nearby. There are a lot of unofficial, grand-fathered-in cemetaries around here. They are marked by such pillars. there was a problem with people bulldozing graves in the early part of the last century and prior, hence the reason for the markers.

I have also seen them marking old property lines and old, out of date township lines. Most of the towns around here are so old that the borders have changed frequently over the last century or two. But the old markers are still there, often next to roads, the routes of which have not changed for decades because the roads in the late 1800s are often on the same ground as they are now.

hope this helps

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

know any good templates for writing a research proposal?

what do you mean by "template"

an exemplar? sorry, i do not

the last time i wrote letters hitting people up for cash, it was the introduction to my prospectus, just shorter

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So I played some dark souls 2 today. I live streamed it, went well.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 27, 2014

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Globo-Hitler III posted:

yes, i know what you are talking about. They serve a number of purposes, but the most common is to indicate that there is a family grave plot somewhere nearby. There are a lot of unofficial, grand-fathered-in cemetaries around here. They are marked by such pillars. there was a problem with people bulldozing graves in the early part of the last century and prior, hence the reason for the markers.

I have also seen them marking old property lines and old, out of date township lines. Most of the towns around here are so old that the borders have changed frequently over the last century or two. But the old markers are still there, often next to roads, the routes of which have not changed for decades because the roads in the late 1800s are often on the same ground as they are now.

hope this helps

oh yeah okay, that makes sense. Also gives me enough to google around and figure out what some of the ones near where I grew up are, thank you Globo-Hitler

don't get eaten by Rosie while stumbling around drunk plz

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

HEY GAL posted:

you gotta let it go, man

i know it sucks, but if you don't do it you'll gently caress yourself u p in the brain

Ummmm I'm not sure what though. Like do I cut off contact with her or like what

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

unlimited shrimp posted:

If it's not lessening on its own, it might be a good idea to not interact with her at all for a while. That poo poo can indeed really gently caress you up, and sometimes time only makes those things worse.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

unlimited shrimp posted:

your reptile brain wants to go

shut that poo poo down
never trust your lizard brain bro

toggle that poo poo to the off position

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm back in sydney, my mother is returning to the country tomorrow and will be searching for a place to live and soon afterward searching for a new job, wish her luck ladythread

i'm mentally planning my future life with vanya. he has years of dog beach visits, tours of the city and 24/7 companionship to look forward to

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
also fantasising about a glorious household of mother, myself, ariel ii and vanya

i feel guilty and ashamed of wanting to move in with my mum but i try to remind myself that it's actually the norm in most cultures and i've been living alone since i was 17 (i am almost 24 now) so it's not like i haven't proven myself capable of independence

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Avshalom posted:

i'm back in sydney, my mother is returning to the country tomorrow and will be searching for a place to live and soon afterward searching for a new job, wish her luck ladythread

i'm mentally planning my future life with vanya. he has years of dog beach visits, tours of the city and 24/7 companionship to look forward to

what kind of idiot* plans for the future

we humans are nought but husks subject to the fickle whims of nature, to be hosed or prospered as luck intends

*i don't actually mean this

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
goddamnit hitler you basically founded the art deco movement solely because you wanted your civilisation to leave nice-looking ruins, don't talk to me about plans for the future

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
incidentally it was in the same university tute where we discussed the nazis' love for art deco architecture that i witnessed the most majestic scene of my life: a young white hipster with the courage to stand up and declare that she thought the nazi extermination of the physically and mentally unfit was a step too far but the underlying principle of eugenics was sound and the only true way forward for society

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

goddamnit hitler you basically founded the art deco movement solely because you wanted your civilisation to leave nice-looking ruins, don't talk to me about plans for the future

I love this stupid thread so drat much

Avshalom posted:

incidentally it was in the same university tute where we discussed the nazis' love for art deco architecture that i witnessed the most majestic scene of my life: a young white hipster with the courage to stand up and declare that she thought the nazi extermination of the physically and mentally unfit was a step too far but the underlying principle of eugenics was sound and the only true way forward for society

hahaha

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

viscous wolves posted:

I love this stupid thread so drat much
you're a stupid thread

:colbert:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

you're a stupid thread

:colbert:

no u

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Avshalom posted:

and he loving succeeded didnt he you dumb gently caress

ruined berlin is gothic romance one oh fuckin one with totally not nazi peasants playing violin mournfully and poo poo while GIs walk by pondering the pointlessness of war

also i'm not hitler i'm his grandson pay attention god dammit

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
watching a uni tutor try to diplomatically argue with someone without stating that their opinion is objectively wrong is a lot more interesting when they're literally saying the nazis had the right idea

i asked him about it later and he looked harrowed and said "the whole time i was thinking, oh my god, how do i deal with this? what is this? how is this even happening?"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh i don't bloody know all you hitlers look the same

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
stupid hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008