Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

This must be a reference to the original San Andreas bike glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlh3sOCb0c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Has anyone noticed if the console versions of games are more or less prone to glitches than the PC versions?

A while ago, I got Walking Dead on the PS3. Last weekend I was playing through 400 Days and hit a glitch in the second act of Shel's episode. Right after the establishing cutscene where Shel was playing cards with her sister the two of them just stood up, right through the table in their RV, with their hands at their sides. I had to quit and reload because whatsherface's cards were maddeningly out of reach at the very bottom of the screen.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Console versions are usually less glitchy due to the console being standardized, whereas the more variable software and hardware environment of PCs is often a source of glitchiness.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah I'd say console versions are usually less glitchy for that reason, the flip side being if there is a glitch it's likely beyond your control to fix it. PC gams you might be able to change some settings or fiddle with drivers, but if a console game breaks that's probably all she wrote until a patch hits.

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Apr 25, 2014

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
There's a citybuilder game in pre-alpha called Clockwork Empires. It's about steampunk victorians building cities and then getting eaten by cthonic horrors, although right now it's more like getting eaten by horrible gamebreaking bugs because it's an alpha.

Sometimes though, the bugs produce brand new, never-before-seen cthonic horrors, like this fishman who decided he didn't need legs or a neck and is doing some kind of weird version of the thriller dance:

There's an NDA but I got permission to post this

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Baofu posted:

Has anyone noticed if the console versions of games are more or less prone to glitches than the PC versions?

I've only played it on Steam but Chaos Theory bugs out every now and then. Enemy pathfinding gets caught in level geometry and some sound cues just don't trigger when I replay a level. There's an extra objective in the Hokkaido mission to scan the plates on two cars and an extra dialogue triggers after you scan them. The option never triggers for me anymore and I've reinstalled the game but it's gone forever I guess.

Gotta admit the pathfinding errors really make it easy to ghost missions.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugjnPXc9osk&t=264s

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Agh, christ. About a second after that timestamp plays there's a really sharp audio crack that comes from it. I had my sound up and that was not pleasant.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Pretty sure you've got a Nazi fishman there

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

If you haven't seen it Meccaprime did an amazing glitch run of Links Awakening
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1479B8D9B9D9F9A3

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It would be nice if more people sourced their glitches. Just sayin'.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The top one you quoted is FO3/NV and you should know this instinctively.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Oh, sorry. It's from a low-budget Prince of Persia clone called Arabian Nights. Found the pic on some forum, guy posted it as a showcase how this game runs on Win7 64-bit (I think, it was definitely some OS compatibility issue).

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003

laserghost posted:

Oh, sorry. It's from a low-budget Prince of Persia clone called Arabian Nights. Found the pic on some forum, guy posted it as a showcase how this game runs on Win7 64-bit (I think, it was definitely some OS compatibility issue).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUXPNU6xI7M Here's a video of some gameplay if folks are interested. That in game font is horrible on the eyes.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

everybethesdagame.gif

Funny how TES online has so many bugs, who possibly could have seen that coming.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Poor little rag-doll's trying to adjust itself out of the door. :saddowns:
This is one of the few bugs that you actually kind of want to happen.

Did anyone else get the glitch where Gibson's dogs fall out of the sky outside of Helios? That had me cracking up for a good five minutes.
Miraculously, they all managed to survive the trek back home somehow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

scarycave posted:

Did anyone else get the glitch where Gibson's dogs fall out of the sky outside of Helios? That had me cracking up for a good five minutes.

Oh yeah, I've seen that once or twice. The scrapyard seems to be built on an ancient, now-radioactive burial ground or something. So many glitches have happened there for me, on every version I've played. Maybe it's got to do with that I fast travel there all the time in the mid-game, because unlike gun runners' she'll also repair your poo poo (I think her price for repairs sucks, but hey, it's quick).

I must have killed that poor old lady and her dogs a hundred times, all thanks to the uncaring digital god that rules the odds in Bethesda games. Sometimes, a hit squad spawns and she gets drawn in. Other times, some legionnaires will patrol nearby and come to try and kill me, and she gets taken out by friendly fire (or turned hostile). The weirdest time, though, is when I fast traveled there and she immediately attacks me. In seconds, ED-E and Boone eviscerate them and I'm just staring at the corpses, confused as all hell.

Then I looted the bodies, of course.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Dude's just trying to get to the store.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bethesda is somehow making a really good Jacob's Ladder game without even realizing it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

wyoming posted:

Dude's just trying to get to the store.

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/ZTea3z4.gif&v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM&s=12

Had to.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That's awful. I love you.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

scarycave posted:

I got the glitch where a centaur spawns in the middle of Gibson's Scrapyard and if you attack it or it aggros on you, the Old Lady/dogs will defend it by attacking you. That was kind of problematic.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Rag-dolls falling into the wall and getting stuck happens a lot in Dark Souls 2 as well.

It's never not funny.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Spudd posted:

Rag-dolls falling into the wall and getting stuck happens a lot in Dark Souls 2 as well.

It's never not funny.
Do you still kick around corpses just by walking through them? I loved that feature in Demon Souls.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Croccers posted:

Do you still kick around corpses just by walking through them? I loved that feature in Demon Souls.

Sadly they omitted such a feature in DS2. There's a boss who has heads you can knock off that you're able to soccer ball around after the fight but that's about it.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

I had whatever the hell is going on here happen during the credits sequence of one of the Telltale Sam and Max games.

All of the credits were bugged like this but I only took this picture. :(

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

I'd forgotten about this video. Half-Life 2 has a relatively solid physics engine, but the buggy gave me some trouble when I replayed the game last summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2Wb4UV3Gw

It took me about 20 tries to free the buggy without either flinging it off the pier or killing myself.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

I caught this in JC2 the other night. The car got destroyed, but its wheels (no tyres) and suspension survived. I'm kind of impressed that they bothered to model the brakes.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I've started playing Skyrim and I got the Hearthstone expansion. One day, upon exiting my house, a dead dragon fell out of the sky. I figured it was just a windfall (heh) but it was empty... and the corpse didn't catch fire. I did get the whole dragon-spirit-absorb animation though. It's still there a week later in real time (with regular play, that's a couple months of real time) but it shifts around a bit. It's like a very strange jiggly lawn ornament. Nobody reacts to it. I have my very own Skyrim glitch! :shobon:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I got that glitch just inside the town gates of Solitude. Every time I went back there for the rest of the game, it'd be vibrating with a limb or wing stuck in some sort of building geometry, a different bit each time.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Always been a fan of the infinite jiggle dragons myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8BzOLPT2IE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best Skyrim glitch hands down is THE GODS KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

haveblue posted:

The best Skyrim glitch hands down is THE GODS KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

Still never fixed that swimming collision check thing I see.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pile of Kittens posted:

I've started playing Skyrim and I got the Hearthstone expansion. One day, upon exiting my house, a dead dragon fell out of the sky. I figured it was just a windfall (heh) but it was empty... and the corpse didn't catch fire. I did get the whole dragon-spirit-absorb animation though. It's still there a week later in real time (with regular play, that's a couple months of real time) but it shifts around a bit. It's like a very strange jiggly lawn ornament. Nobody reacts to it. I have my very own Skyrim glitch! :shobon:

That will happen a lot, so get used to your dead dragon following you all over Skyrim! :)

scarycave posted:

Still never fixed that swimming collision check thing I see.

This happened to me once in New Vegas when I made the mistake of trying to climb those invisible wall rocks.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

DontMockMySmock posted:

I got that glitch just inside the town gates of Solitude. Every time I went back there for the rest of the game, it'd be vibrating with a limb or wing stuck in some sort of building geometry, a different bit each time.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, except one day it actually flung itself out of Solitude and into the surrounding countryside somehow, and demonstrated its new freedom by spawning on my head when I least expected it. I think it eventually despawned though.

Funniest dragon glitch so far for me was one of those twin lake dragons from Dawnguard came up lacking textures, so it looked like it just had one giant fleshy blob as a head. Then once it died, its bones still had no textures and they started doing that infinite clipping.

Fun fact: if you use Become Ethereal to leap off the top of Fort Dawnguard, you will occasionally see a wall of black when you go back to it. No idea why, but I jumped off like 50 hours back so there's no undoing it.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Roro posted:

Fun fact: if you use Become Ethereal to leap off the top of Fort Dawnguard, you will occasionally see a wall of black when you go back to it. No idea why, but I jumped off like 50 hours back so there's no undoing it.

What would be loving amazing is if that was actually something in the game telling you that you actually died, and that the last 50 hours have all been some kind of Ambrose Bierce-like hallucination from the last 0.2 seconds of your character's life.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Rujo King posted:

What would be loving amazing is if that was actually something in the game telling you that you actually died, and that the last 50 hours have all been some kind of Ambrose Bierce-like hallucination from the last 0.2 seconds of your character's life.

Well, it's hosed up to the point where I can't load my last save file which was in the Falmer Valley place, so it's entirely likely that the last 50 hours have been my character's brain dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Kimmalah posted:

This happened to me once in New Vegas when I made the mistake of trying to climb those invisible wall rocks.

gently caress those walls. They could have just put a big wall there, but they want to give you the illusion you can climb over it but nope, now your stuck.

I am willing to forgive their transgressions for saving me from a death-claw by literally launching it into orbit ala Sheogorath.